Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

October Art Trade!

Go down 
+7
Silveera
Momo
NthKaro
Selousi
TheAlbinoBunny
Blue
Alana
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Alana
Admin
Alana

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 10:26 am

Hey, guys! Alana here to host a Art Trade!

It's been a while since our last trade... like, a long time, but some of you may remember it! But here's how this is going to work!

You do NOT have to have Shinlai to participate, if you do not have one, you may substitute with another character (Pending Founder approval), You will note AlanaRoseheart with a link to your character and you will be added to the list. After all characters have been accounted for, participants will randomly be assigned someone else's character! When you are finished with your half, you will submit the artwork to your SCRAPS with a note to AlanaRoseheart linking me to the finished piece. (if you want to be even more sneaky, you can submit your work to Tinypic or Photobucket but you still must link me to the finished product). This is so we can keep this a surprise :3 At the end of the trade, a blog will be posted here on the forum and the work will be revealed!

To sign up, send a message or note to AlanaRoseheart and you will be added to the list. Try to refrain from announcing that you are part of the trade, anyone can go looking through your scraps.

Copypasta from last trade....

If you AGREE to ENTER the exchange, you MUST complete your trade. If you don't it shows you're a bad community member and you may loose your Shinlai for readoption.
-"If you have a good reason why you cannot complete the exchange, you may be able to note myself or one of the other Founders with an appeal. We understand things happen, the sooner you let us know about any problems the more respectable you look. If it goes a week after the trade is do and your dA account has been updated then you're most likely going to loose your Shinlai."

You don't HAVE to enter. This will be for people who want to participate which is why we're holding the wanting participants accountable.

If there's an odd number of participates, one of the Founders will enter the xchange. It's going to be completely random of who gets what.

We also want it to be a suprise! We'd hope you wouldn't notify your person. "If something comes up and you have a question you need to ask your recipent, you'd notify one of the Founders so we can relay the message while still keeping the secret"

The deadline to sign up for the trade will be October 21st.

I also understand that there is a contest currently running, so if you feel that it will impede with your trade, then do not sign up! The art trade will most likely end late November, so you will have plenty of time to work on your half!

And most important, be sure to have fun!

Alana Roseheart <3
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 11:23 am

I'm in! :D I love art trades <3
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:39 pm

So I take if we enter this there will be a deadline for the drawing?
Back to top Go down
http://Thealbinobunny.deviantart.com
Alana
Admin
Alana

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:25 pm

TheAlbinoBunny wrote:
So I take if we enter this there will be a deadline for the drawing?

The deadline will be announced later :3

Most likely Nov. 30, though.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 4:31 pm

BOY I CAN'T WAIT FOR ANOTHER EXTRA TASK TO MAKE ME THROW OFF MORE IMPORTANT OTHER PROJECTS.

Totally doing this.
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:59 pm

I should be drawing MOAR 'lai, but stupid college sucks all my creativity! I guess I'll sign up since I love art trades.
Back to top Go down
http://kyuubi-of-the-night.deviantart.com/
Momo
Pup
Momo

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:11 am

Aaa, I'll think about it, but I absolutely have to be sure I'll have time first. I'm already struggling enough as it is trying to get my contest entry done :'D (Besides, it's not like I don't have a pile of requests to do, hehe >w>)
Back to top Go down
http://kgmomo.deviantart.com/
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:10 am

Count me in C: I need stuff to draw seeing as nobody wants any commissions from me :c
Back to top Go down
http://sylveira.deviantart.com
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 8:31 pm

KORDI & REI NEEDS TO KNOW....

will notes be sent to the forum mail or to DA accoutns in notes?
Back to top Go down
http://ladykervein.deviantart.com
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 11:19 am

Is there any human drawing involved?
Back to top Go down
http://aydenna.deviantart.com/
Alana
Admin
Alana

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Kordasai wrote:
KORDI & REI NEEDS TO KNOW....

will notes be sent to the forum mail or to DA accoutns in notes?

Most likely DA.
Back to top Go down
Alana
Admin
Alana

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Andeva wrote:
Is there any human drawing involved?

I would have to say no, not everyone is comfortable with drawing people.
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:24 am

Yeah I wouldn't feel right having to draw a human and not being able to give a quality piece back :s
So count me in for just drawing of the Shinlai! :D
Back to top Go down
http://aydenna.deviantart.com/
Alana
Admin
Alana

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Andeva wrote:
Yeah I wouldn't feel right having to draw a human and not being able to give a quality piece back :s
So count me in for just drawing of the Shinlai! :D

Send me a note or pm with a character or yours that you would like to enter :3
Back to top Go down
winkatuck
Pup
winkatuck

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:26 pm

I'm still new to this whole scene and I'm not that great at digital art. But I have a scanner and things to work with o3o, mind if I join? If I do I would need to pick someone else's character since I do not have a Shinlai. Get back to me if it's approved :D
Back to top Go down
Alana
Admin
Alana

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 10:26 pm

winkatuck wrote:
I'm still new to this whole scene and I'm not that great at digital art. But I have a scanner and things to work with o3o, mind if I join? If I do I would need to pick someone else's character since I do not have a Shinlai. Get back to me if it's approved :D

You can enter with a character of yours, hun, if you don't have a Lai :3

Send me a note on da and I'll be sure to add you.
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:10 am

Hey guys, when you're done with this you should totally post links to the trades in case I missed them. I want to see all your lovely arts <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

October Art Trade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Art Trade!   October Art Trade! Empty

Back to top Go down

October Art Trade!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: The Watering Hole :: Watering Hole Gossip :: Noo Noo was here, Hekili marked the spot-
Jump to: