Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

how would shinlai act in a modernized world?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

how would shinlai act in a modernized world? Empty
PostSubject: how would shinlai act in a modernized world?   how would shinlai act in a modernized world? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 6:52 pm

I mean if they lived in a modern day settings. Seeing how technology and other advancements would rival or even out compete the need
for shinlai how would they fair. How would they fit into the new society or would they just isolate themselves. Discussion please.
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: how would shinlai act in a modernized world?   how would shinlai act in a modernized world? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:42 pm

I don't know about what the real ones would do, but if I was a shinlai in modern society, I would go hide on an island or something. Modern people, it seems like, enjoy shooting all the big hairy beasts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toadfoal.deviantart.com
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: how would shinlai act in a modernized world?   how would shinlai act in a modernized world? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:12 am

Are we talking about them as if they grew with the modernisation, or that they've been transported to a modern world?

If they grew with it, they would probably be used to it and intergrated with the humans just like they are now. If anything their elements would be more helpfull, water shinlai helping to stop floods, earth shinlai making sure crops would keep growing, etc.

If transported there, they'd probably group together and isolate themselves while they try to figure out what went on. The might befriend a few humans but it would be small villages/farms rather than huge cities I imagine.

Although I wouldn't put it past Silas to wonder through a city and cause havoc.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: how would shinlai act in a modernized world?   how would shinlai act in a modernized world? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:45 pm

I thought that their use of their elements would be need for less see as how with advancements in technology would cover most problems.
like earth shinlai used for mine replaced by huge digging machine that can work for 24/7, i want to know what kind on niches would they occupy?
Its seemed to me that humans use shinlai to overcome technological gaps like making building, or using water shinlai for transportion.
while your example of an earth shinlai used to grow crops would have a niche but what about the other shinlai?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how would shinlai act in a modernized world?   how would shinlai act in a modernized world? Empty

Back to top Go down

how would shinlai act in a modernized world?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: The Watering Hole :: Watering Hole Gossip :: Noo Noo was here, Hekili marked the spot-
Jump to: