Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)

Go down 
+8
BlindedxBlack
Toadfoal
SiraIceshine
Silas
Samateus-1987
TheAlbinoBunny
Kordasai
NthKaro
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) Empty
PostSubject: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:19 pm

Yep, another RP!

I guess there will be no fighting or any serious bloodshed. As for any hanky-panky...keep it your PMs ;P. PG-13 is what I hope this RP to stay at.
-------

My character is a human, and this does take place right around his town, Mountain Point.

Lyle can be found here:
Lyle Riverrider
---------------------------------------

Across time, humans have thought of the Shinlai as a race far away from humanity's affairs. Most people when along their business not know about the Darkbloods or the devout followers of Daila. The town of Mountain Point was no exception.

Mountain Point lied along the southern edge of Elaisha's only mountain range. The town served as the refuge for travelers before going through the Sawtooth pass. Mountain Point also served as the home to hot springs, steam vents, and a volcano sleeping far under the ground. Most came for the proposed healing properties the springs had, others just came for an escape from city life.

The town was also known for its metal working, warriors and soldiers came from all around to collect their armor from the finest Mountain Point had to offer. The various shops around town also sold art work, jewelery, and various other metalcrafts.

In a small building half-way across the vulcanistic town lay a Blacksmith's shop, where a young journeyman blacksmith tried his best to prove his worth.

"By the name of Cerexan, Lyle, where did you put the sand?" A burly elder man said to the young blacksmith.

"It's by the table, Cornell, where it always is" Lyle shook his head and hauled a large bag out from the supply shack. Cornell Blacktalon was one of Lyle's employees, and the man did not take lightly to a "mere child" ordering him around.

Lyle brought the large bag he was hauling into his shop. A bloke from Mel-tandem had ordered a full suit of chainmail. Lyle thought it was weird since the dark ages ended long ago. The bag contained rocks from around the sacred geyser, it was the best ore money could buy.

Lyle then opened the bag into a trough. A fire burned beneath it as another employee of his, Sandra Geysersoul, prodded the flames with a poky thing. They were trying to separate the metals from the dirt.

"Sandy, can you get the carbon?" Sandy nodded as she went into the other room to fetch the graphite.

Lyle then stood there looking up onto the image of his god, Cerexan. "Merciful Fire, I wish this metal to be the best there is. Can you not bless this day?" Lyle's mind then randomly shifted to the Shinlai that galloped through town the other day. An Earth Shinlai had come directly into the town asking about the ore in the rocks and other things involving the boulder's around Mountain point. Most of the townspeople were shocked that a Shinlai was so direct with humans, since most people thought the Four-legged creatures avoided humans.

Sandy then came back with the graphite, "I think we need about 2% for this to work, the guy from Mel-tandem wasn't real clear on what he wanted."

"I think that would work, the steel will be fairly strong for whatever ails this man." Lyle responded

Both of the blacksmiths then poured the graphite into the red-hot trough of scared iron. Lyle then pulled out a ceramic stick to slowly mix the two elements together. Sandy then poured the molten metal into a series of very thin molds. These were the templates used to form the wire for the ordered chainmail. Lyle left Sandy to do what she did best, pouring metal.

The journeymen blacksmith then gathered a few coins and a bag. His intention was to go see the gypsy carnival on the edge of town. Cornell then saw Lyle stepping out of the door.

"Where are you going, youngling?" Cornell looked at Lyle with an impatient glare.
"Going of to the gypsy camp, care to come?" Lyle's eyes shifted slightly
"No, I was bringing the sand for the chainmail order"
"Sandy's working on it in the back room. I promise to be back soon enough. I'm just taking a break for few hours." Lyle then stated.

Cornell didn't seem pleased at all, but he simply huffed and went on his way. Lyle then went out onto the street, not knowing what awaited for him on the rest of the day.

Last edited by NthKaro on Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kyuubi-of-the-night.deviantart.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:00 pm

(oh yey starting with the humans for once! good thing i got one in hand ;P
I'll be playing Echo Vashka, who travels with a young Nootau, just before he was masked actually and female serval named Ida If anyone wants to see Echo's and Ida's old ref it here: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/ideandechoref2.png/ )

Echo and Nootau had been travelling for days on end, lack of sleep, hunger and pure exhaustion swept over the two as they travelled off the path, they knew the roads to mountain point was a common spot for thieves and kidnappers of all kinds, at least that's what the rumours had said.

"Just a while longer and we should be ther--" Echo said under his breath before Nootau interrupted "There it is!" Nootau yelped and ran over the hill in excitement, then paused to wait for Echo and Ida to catch up "Your tracking skills really stink Echo" Nootau laughed and nudged his arm playfully, Echo pat Nootau's head "C'mon guys, let's get us some food and a good night's rest" he smiled softly as the three walked to the town.

Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:10 pm

Lyle walked through Mountain Point wanting nothing more than to get away from it all. He loved to see the goings-on in the high city.

The man was heading towards the gypsy fair, but was distracted by a strange sight. A serval was trailing a..young Shinlai..and a boy with a mask over his face? Strange things didn't happen much in Mountain Point, but things as of late were getting weirder.

Lyle decided to let them be and went on his way, last thing he wanted was trouble.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:57 pm

"C'mon Echo you're too slow!" Nootau shout out at him, Echo let out a light smile in his direction, he was exhausted, and hadn't eaten in days, he limited himself taking a couple steps forward before collapsing in total. "ECHO!" Nootau yelped and ran toward his friend, nuzzling his side with his muzzle, Echo let out a groan. Nootau panicked and looked around "H-Help!" he pleaded, hoping someone would return the call.
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 6:55 pm

Lyle turned around when he heard a deep groan. The young Shinlai he had just seen was nuzzling the masked man on the ground.

"Oh geez...another Nonea*?"

Lyle then headed for the man's direction, not knowing that the Shinlai would tackle him.

*Nonea in Mountainian terms is someone who was ill-prepared in travel.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 3:57 am

Nootau noticed the man walking towards them and took a couples steps forward "S-Sir" he bow his head down in a sign of respect "P-Please sir, my friend, he's hurt....I think" he muttered nervously, not knowing if the strange man was a friend or foe. The small serval limitted herself to nuzzling Echo's face every now and then to check if he was conscious.
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 5:38 am

Lyle looked at the Shinlai and said, "I guess I'll help, nobody wants anyone dead."

Lyle picked up the man laying on the ground and headed towards a local clinic. The Shinlai and the serval were fast behind him.

Lyle then looked to the Shinlai, "So...what's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:19 am

"So...what's your name?"

Nootau looked up at him "I-I'm Nootau" he stuttered nervously before looking down at Ide "And that's Ide. And my master there is Echo" he trotted closer to Lyle, speaking a little more confident "Where will you take him?" he asked worried, not even asking the man's name.
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:17 pm

"Well, Hello Nootau. I'm taking your..uhh..friend Echo here to the nearby clinic. It's kind of common for people to pass out in Mountain Point."

They walked for a time, no words where really said, just the occasional nod to go a certain direction. The architecture of Mountain Point was considered strange by travelers. Many of the buildings had abstract designs, gargoyles, and various creatures carved into the walls.

Lyle and Nootau soon reached the clinic, the building strangely resembled a bat. Nootau seemed to quake a bit, but Lyle reassured him that it was safe to do in. Ide stayed a good distance away from Lyle, not knowing what the blacksmith wanted.

A woman at the counter looked up at the sight of Lyle and Echo being trailed by a Shinlai.

"So what's this little show?" The woman asked

"A Nonea fell to the ground near Market Square, his friend Nootau asked me to help him" stated Lyle.

"Well, bring the guy here, he needs fluids!"
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:00 pm

(( The premise of human interraction caught the Kordi's eye *pulls face away from screen with some major effort, Imma jump right in! :D ... As Kordi. :P he has the smallness... ))

Kordasai felt the earth shake with the roar of footsteps and cheering from the carnival not so far away, he was headed towards the human establishments to warn them of the promised attack from a Darkblood faction. He didn't know who it was sent to carry out the attacks, but Kordasai was not one to sit idly by. He sauntered past a few baffled humans who held small children back from running to touch the Shinlai.

Must be quiet today...he thought, continuing along the road, not blocking human traffic, as he was in their territory after all.

His head turned as he thought he had caught a glimpse of another shinlai? Red and yellows and whites... He shook it from his tail, which twitched eagerly.
Back to top Go down
http://ladykervein.deviantart.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:27 pm

"Well, Hello Nootau. I'm taking your..uhh..friend Echo here to the nearby clinic. It's kind of common for people to pass out in Mountain Point."

Nootau gulped as they walked towards the clinic. Echo was a wanted criminal, being a thief, he had a bad reputation almost anywhere he travelled. Who knew though? Maybe this time he'd go unnoticed. Nootau and Ida sat at the entrance, waiting for news. "Wonder if he's okay..." Nootau muttered at Ida, she looked up at him, before curling next to his leg fluff.
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 5:30 pm

(( I must ask what is the year in this rp? ))
Back to top Go down
http://Thealbinobunny.deviantart.com
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:53 pm

((I'm not exactly familiar with every Shinlai and their histories. I am somewhat familiar with the timeline, so the exact year is not yet established.))

A small army of nurses took Echo to a room down the hall, a man came running in with a jug of water. He seemed prepared for some serious hydration.

Lyle Riverrider signed a few official documents and passed them onto the woman at the counter.

"Your masked friend will have to stay here for a few days. His condition is stable but he needs time to heal." Lyle always liked good news, so this was as good as it came. Lyle wondered about Ida and Nootau, they seemed to have no lead for the moment. The blacksmith thought it would be talk with them to see what lay ahead in their stay in Mountain Point.

Lyle stepped outside to see a bug-eyed Nootau staring at him, Ida curled next to his fluffy leg fur.

"Echo will be fine, but he needs to stay in the clinic for a few days to recover." Lyle smiled. He then heard the distinct notice of a stomach growling. He looked to Nootau, the Shinlai looked up at him with a unsure grin.

"I suppose your hungry, let's go out to the carnival to see what kind of goodies they have!"

The odd group began to go into the street when suddenly a blackout of fluffy grey hair hit Lyle's face.
Back to top Go down
Samateus-1987
Friend of NooNoo
Samateus-1987

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:26 pm

((I'm just going to pop in here randomly... Methuselah is a Dark Element Shinlai, fairly large, and isn't fond of humans, but will put up with them.))

Sniffing the cool mountain air, Methuselah looked down on the mountain village. Signs of a Carnival attracted his attention, the flags, music and colours were not something he was used to seeing. Then again, he preferred his solitude. He was not one to brag, and preferred to keep his age secret, though he had been one of those to hear of Daila's passing, and felt strangely responsible.

He sighed, standing and shaking the snow from his thick fur. It had been far too long since he had interacted with humans, and even longer since he had seen other Shinlai. Something compelled him now to travel down and into this human village. He hoped it was not the darkness that dwelled within the deepest recesses of his mind, but something beyond that, the light that had driven Daila and those closest to her long ago.

The first step was the hardest, nearly forced, as it was some time since he had last eaten, let alone move.
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:41 pm

Lyle got up off the ground and saw a Shinlai staring at him, the blacksmith soon scurried along the ground and got onto his feet.

"Uhh..I'm sorry..I..just...was...leaving" Lyle turned around and promptly left the area.

As for Nootau and friends, the young Shinlai seemed to want to stay by the Clinic. Lyle thought that he would bring them back some food later.

Dear Cerexan, what has happened to this town! Lyle mused as a he thought of the sudden appearance of Shinlai in the small city. He then scampered of towards the carnival, he needed to rid his mind of the craziness.
Back to top Go down
Samateus-1987
Friend of NooNoo
Samateus-1987

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 6:06 pm

Methuselah spotted the young Shinlai with the Serval, instantly interested in knowing more about them. How could a Shinlai allow themselves to be used as a beast of burden? The saddle seemed very out of place, and caused Methuselah's skin to crawl. Either this youngling had been raised into this, or he had no respect for himself. Regardless of origin, it needed to be rectified.

He held himself tall, dwarfing most humans around him, the fine chains, trinkets and colourful threads on his horns and in his mane blowing lightly in the mountain wind as he moved.
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 6:53 pm

The hair on Lyle's neck rose up on end, another Shinlai had rode into town.....and did not look friendly.

People began to look at the situation around them, curious of the happenings.

Lyle thought it best not to interact with the large Shinlai, the blacksmith knew of their power. Lyle jumped behind a building and only wished to be away from the wayward weirdness.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 7:19 pm

"Echo will be fine, but he needs to stay in the clinic for a few days to recover."

Nootau sighed of relief and nodded to the man kindly "thank you Sir"

"I suppose your hungry, let's go out to the carnival to see what kind of goodies they have!"

Despite the man's kind offer Nootau and Ida decided to stay behind in case Echo's condition got worse...or...in case anyone decided to come after him while he was down.
He was about to lay down on the clinic stairs when he noticed a huge Shinlai entering the city, he quickly got back to his feet and watched it's every move, he didn't look like the friendly type and the glare he was throwing at Nootau seemed to peirce through his soul. The youngblood looked away trying not to bring attention to himself, no more trouble was needed.

(btw Sam, this was before Nootau was masked, so he's still just a 'pup' so to say, although the saddle part still exists. just a heads up :) )
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:01 pm

Lyle looked around the building's corner to see the huge Shinlai staring at Nootau at the clinic. The man's neck-hairs were still standing straight up.

But something deep inside Lyle knew that Nootau was in no state to fight, and this large Shinlai looked like he was looking for one. The blacksmith sneaked around the walls of the building and slowly made his way to Nootau's and Ida's side.

He knew that they needed him, even though the look on the larger Shinlai's face screamed dislike.
Back to top Go down
Samateus-1987
Friend of NooNoo
Samateus-1987

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:12 am

((AH. Makes sense, Alrighty. <3))

Methuselah remained tall, looking almost akin to the gargoyles on some of the village buildings, only just that much more real.

"I am surprised to see a youngling like yourself so far from other Shinlai, and traveling with a human..." Methuselah thundered, his voice dripping with his distaste for the human nearby. "Who are you, so far from home?" He remained standing, his fur likely making him seem larger, despite being rather weak from his long... Hibernation, if his dark times in deep slumber could be called such.
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 10:17 am

( I will rp with young Zeke before mask because well it would odd for him to be older than NooNoo when he isn't xD )

Standing in the clearing just before a town that looked flooded with more people than normal Zeke cautiously approached. Looking back at the tree-line he almost turned around, but he had to do this for his mother was not well and with out his father for help he had to enter this town.

"I hope the that the humans here are not to hostile towards shinlai he whispered to himself"
Back to top Go down
http://Thealbinobunny.deviantart.com
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:27 pm

Lyle simply stared at the Shinlai glaring at Nootau, there was little he could say. The man suddenly remembered something his father told him when he was young.

Lyle, Do not despair. Fear overtakes the weak.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:48 pm

"I am surprised to see a youngling like yourself so far from other Shinlai, and traveling with a human...Who are you, so far from home?" "

The brute spoke, his voice made Nootau shiver slightly, but he stood up and confronted the huge male "I-I am Nootau, son of Ivy and Deston. And I can travel with who ever I want" he replied, chin up and proud. The last sentance seeming almost childish.

He noticed from the corner of his eye as Lyle made his way back to him and Ida "What are you doing?" he whispered at him, head tilting his head slightly towards him "That shinlai looks mean, he might hurt you. You should run while you still have a chance"

Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 6:39 pm

"That shinlai looks mean, he might hurt you. You should run while you still have a chance"

"Because nobody likes fighting alone, Death or not. Sometimes manhood requires stupidity." Lyle stated as he came to Nootau's side. The man knew that this was all quite dangerous, but something inside him just keep pushing him forward.
Back to top Go down
Samateus-1987
Friend of NooNoo
Samateus-1987

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 10:23 pm

"I-I am Nootau, son of Ivy and Deston. And I can travel with who ever I want"

Methuselah noticed the youngling, who called himself Nootau, briefly speak with the human that had briefly disappeared. He narrowed his glowing green eyes, shaking his head.

"Young Nootau, where your preference for travelling partners is understandable, seeing as humans have more... Manual Dexterity than we have, why do you allow them to treat you as an animal? That... Saddle," the last word he nearly spat, the idea of it almost barbaric to him, "is very... unbecoming of a Shinlai."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next