Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

In The Eye Of A Storm

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:53 pm

“I trust the storm did not batter you too much? If I had known you were coming I would have set out to meet you.” Linx watched as Lycu approached her with a bow "Come now Lycu, no need to be so formal"

“Hmmm you brought a friend I see. Doesn’t look too happy to be here...”

Nootau perked up "Of course I am happy to be here, I am a Darkblood afterall" he said proudly, head high, before lowering his head down again "I just hate all this rain" He whined

"You'd think he'd never seen a female before, you best make the best of his affections before he discovers how contemptible you are."
Silas spoke. Linx padded ahead slightly to greet Silas with a slight bow, ignoring Lycu somewhat. She chuckled at the statement, even harder at the backlash “Maybe I just know how to welcome a woman properly. Unlike some.”

"Burn" Both Nootau and Linx heard another shinlai speak. Linx tilt her head in to notice a green shinlai in the backround she had never seen before. And earth Shinlai, and he seemed eager to smash open that crypt. Nootau padded over towards Silas and sat down next to him, followed by a nudge to Silas with his head "What's the matter? the big bad Silas afraid of a little thunder and lighting?" Noo chuckled.
Linx walked over to the large window sat down and glanced up at it, watching as the rain hit and slid down the glass in different colorful tones. "Ahh...thunderstorms" she thought to herself, a contempt smile slapped on her face.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Silas didn't look at Zeke, focusing instead on the closed opening of the crypt.

"I am sure they can handle it." He commented. Noonoo sat beside him and he glanced at him briefly before focusing on the crypt again.

"I do not like thunderstorms. I am not afraid of them, but I don't like them." Silas was obviously uncomfortable and snippy. He watched Lycu and Tagger intently, waiting for them to open the crypt.
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:19 am

"I am sure they can handle it."
"Alright then I guess I shall just sit back and enjoy the show also." then he just down on his belly. Looking around it seemed all that was really going on at that moment was the opening of that crypt by Taggerung and the other shinlai. "this was beginning to be a rather boring place to wait out this storm" he whispered to himself
Back to top Go down
http://Thealbinobunny.deviantart.com
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 7:59 am

The other Shinlai moved about and conversed casually, but Taggerung was watching Lycuvayu.
“I reckon this leads to the crypt.” His paw softly feeling the writing that was carved into the massive stone. “Or at least there’s a space behind it. The others don’t have a space,” he explained, looking back up at the earth Lai for a moment.

“Sooo, you can either smash it to bits or pull it out. Although I know which I would choose...” A cunning smirk srawled on his face as he backed up to make room for the tall Tagger. He extended a gloved paw at the sealed entrance of the crypt.

A rush of excitement coarsed through his veins, as he placed a brown-white paw on its surface leisurely. Slowly he curled his claws up, the sound resembling that of nails on a chalkboard.
He rasped out a laugh.

The marble slab began to rumble and vibrate in place, and with the help of his element, Taggerung reared back on his feet, then slamming down on it with a fierce snarl and his paws spread out wide. It busted upon impact, making the stone crumble to insignificant pieces in a cloud of dusty shrapnel.
Taggerung shook his head, his maw displaying a grin of pride.

(((Omg just noticed the little Tagr and Denny icons! I LAVA THEM OMG! <33333 Taggerung Denali)))
Back to top Go down
http://cloudlace.deviantart.com/
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:34 pm

Lycu watched as Tagger placed a paw on the stone. With a screech of claws on stone the slab began to tremble. Lycu could feel the vibrations run through the floor and to his own feet. Dust and stones littering the floor began bouncing and shifting from the tremors. With a snarl Tagger reared onto his back legs and smashed the marble stone to pieces, a cloud of dust bust into the air. Only to be swept and funnelled out of the building, by a gust of wind from Lycu.

Lycu eyed the gaping hole in the floor and walked around it to stand by Tagger. “Nice one Taggerung.” He said clapping him on the shoulder. “I’ll have to call for you if I need any more destructive work doing at some point.” He said grinning at the proud earth Shinlai.

Crouching down Lycu peered into the dark. It smelt musty and stale. Cobwebs laced the entrance to the crypt and the walls of a steep set of stairs. “Ugh, this needs a clean.” He muttered. The thought of the sticky webs being caught in his silver coat made him shudder.

Cracking his neck he summoned his element, feeling the swish of air through his fur and around him. Channelling his energy he forced the air into the crypt at gale force speed. He could hear the howling and whistling of the air being forced around the crypt beneath their feet.

“Mind your eyes.” He muttered turning away slightly, as he channelled the air back out of the crypt. Thick dusty air burst from the crypt and yet again was sent outside. He peered back down into the crypt. “Much better, now all we need is a light.” He mumbled.

“Hey! Fuzz butt.” He yelled over at the red fire lai. “Got a light?” He asked watching him. Movement caught his eye and he glanced around to see Linx watching the rain contently. He hid a soft smile and turned to glare at the red one again. “Well?” He said expectantly.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Silas watched intently as Tagger reared and smashed open the crypt. He approached the opening and waited for Lycu to clear it a bit with his element,

"Good work Tagger, Lycu." He gave them each a little nod then took off into tthe crypt, disappearing within the darkness.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Linx watched as Silas entered the crypt, happy to be within his element. She let out a short snort "Well, that fool seems happy enough, I don't think he'd want light around"

“Hey! Fuzz butt. Got a light? Well?”

Nootau frowned, not only did Silas and nearly everyone else call him Noonoo, now he had to cope with fuzzbutt as a new nickname? "I have a name ya know, it's Nootau" he huffed and got up and padded over to the group, before looking around "If someone can provide me with something to ignite, then maybe...because i can't hold a flame in midair while walking"
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:44 am

Lycu grinned as Silas praised him and Tagger. He couldn’t help but feel proud that he’d found the crypt and then gotten a remark on his work. Joined work but work none the less. He watched as Silas took off into the crypt. He raised a brow as Silas’s purple tail vanished into the darkness. “Seems eager to be below ground.” He commented to Tagger. His eyes flicked up as he heard a snort from Linx.

He turned as the Red Lai padded over to them. "I have a name ya know, it's Nootau." he said looking displeased.

“Hmpf, terribly sorry, Nootau.” Lycu replied, smirking.

"If someone can provide me with something to ignite, then maybe...because I can't hold a flame in midair while walking." Nootau said looking around.

“Easy, I’ll carry it.” He said, as he spoke a soft breeze lifted Nootau’s fur, making it stand on end for a brief moment. “There’s probably candles and torches down there.” He added, jerking his head to the inky black hole in the floor.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:36 pm

Nootau shaked himself off from the chill "Well, if you insist"He sat down and raised his front paws, creating a small ball of fire from inbetween his fingers "I guess...here?"
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:54 pm

“Nice one Taggerung. I’ll have to call for you if I need any more destructive work doing at some point.”
Lycuvayu grinned while patting the green Lai' tufted shoulder.
"Always willing to oblige," Taggerung said pleased.

"Good work Tagger, Lycu."
The Kordeth nodded briskly to them before plunging silently into the darkness.
Tagr figured the dark Shinlai wouldnt need a light to guide him, being enraptured by his own element and all.

“Hey! Fuzz butt.”
Lycu called over Nootau, explaining the need of a lighted pathway. Noonoo approached disdainfully, obviously not enjoying his new nickname. He listened to the two continue, eyes squinting to see down the dark steps of the crypt. He raised to his paws, plodding over to it and sniffing the opening that Silas hand slinked into.
A wisp of flame laced the red Shinlai's fingers as he sat on his haunches, reaching out his arms. it cast a warm glow on the surrounding stone walls.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Lycu smiled as a small fire ball appeared between Nootau’s paws. Right, this could be interesting. Lycu mussed to himself. He carefully manipulated the air around the fire and ‘lifted’ it from between Nootau’s paws. The flame trembled and Lycu froze for a moment, not wanting the fire to go out.

He carefully moved the fire to just inside the Crypt opening and hovered it there. “Right, okay then.” He said his eyes fixed on the fire. “Ladies first.” He said with a small nod of his head to the opening. “I’ll go last and try to keep the way lit.” He said.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 3:15 pm

“Ladies first.”

Linx looked around, then back at the group "Am I honestly the only female here?" she chuckled lightly "Well, if you insist" She bowed her head a tad in thanks and walked inside, Nootau followed after.
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:04 am

After Linx made her way down into the crypt Zeke stood, up made his way to the dark tunnel down after her. Because he hated to be left last so he sped his pace a little. At the entrenece he looked down in there to get a siight of what he would be going into, and looking for other exits incase it might get intense down there. But this seemed to be the only way in and out from what he could see. With that he still stepped down unsure what could happen while down there.
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 10:49 am

(soooo I a guessing this died? :( )
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 10:28 pm

TheAlbinoBunny wrote:
(soooo I a guessing this died? :( )
I think so... xD ;;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In The Eye Of A Storm   In The Eye Of A Storm - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

In The Eye Of A Storm
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum