Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

The Riverrider Chronicles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

The Riverrider Chronicles Empty
PostSubject: The Riverrider Chronicles   The Riverrider Chronicles EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:01 pm

I've realized that I'm more of a story teller than an artist. I know most would refute this, but I think I am a better analyzer of emotions and people than of space and color.
-----------------------
The Riverrider Chronicles follows the life of my Character Lyle Riverrider and his life in the city of Mountain Point. The story will be posted in increments here on this thread. Bigger editions of the increments will be posted on Deviantart.

So sit back, relax, and read as a blacksmith in Elaisha tries to make sense of a crazy world.
---------

Entry One-Ducks on the Duck Pond

A stream of light entered a small room on the second floor of a shop. The room lit up as the stream of light moved closer to the man sleeping on the other side of the room. The light hit his face and he then flipped over to shoo away the awakening sun. The sun didn't seem to take the shooing too well, and the light became stronger as the morning began.
The man the light was trying to is known as Lyle Riverrider, a rather interesting creature.
(More later!)
Back to top Go down
http://kyuubi-of-the-night.deviantart.com/
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: The Riverrider Chronicles   The Riverrider Chronicles EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:58 pm

Entry two-Let the light shine through

Lyle didn't want to wake up, waking up meant work; and work was no fun. He lay in his messy bed for a few moments more before deciding to get dressed. Lyle's upstairs residence resembled a museum and a bachelor pad. Various wall decorations littered the sides of the room, ranging from circus ads to trade show posters. Lyle rummaged through his dresser of to find something to wear, he settled on a black tunic and put on his brown jacket.

The downstairs of the shop's building was full of metal working equipment. Sawdust blanketed the floor and floated around Lyle as he walked towards his ice box. Opening up the metal icecube was never real pleasant, but was always stocked with goodies. Lyle pulled out a remnant of a lamb's leg and began chewing on the tender flesh. His mind was never quite there in the morning, the man only came around after his employees came into the shop. Then the blacksmith would snap out of lalaland.

"Knock knock! Are you awake Lyle?" The blacksmith hooked his head around to the door, the voice was that of the local baker, Adrana Pacemaker. She'd had been like a second mother to Lyle since moving out of his parent's house.

"Hang on a sec!" Lyle hopped around the shop and got to the door. He opened it to find Adrana's smiling face.

"I brought you some bread, I hope is payment for babysitting my niece." Adrana said with an airy tone. Her niece often came over to her home, so a sitter was usually needed to handle the little fireball she was.

"Thanks, I was going to buy some after I opened my shop" Lyle smiled at the sweet-scented bread.

Lyle felt today would be a good day.
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: The Riverrider Chronicles   The Riverrider Chronicles EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:43 pm

Entry three- I shop at the sonic hardware store.

"See you later, Lyle, I got to get back to the bakery" Adrana said with a swish of the hand. She walked on with swagger in her green sun dress. Lyle only sighed and looked up to the blue sky.

"Thank Cerexan for this...thank you"

Mountain Point had a rough winter that year. The snow was heavy and the ice was so slippery that ice skates seemed to be practical outdoor wear. Spring was a welcome retreat from the mountain winters. Earth Shinlai usually come this way for the flowers and herbs. The blacksmith's wishes of summer would seem to come in due time.

Lyle went back into his blacksmithery and put the warm bread on the counter. He then gathered some cheese and managed a meatless sandwich for breakfast. As Lyle sat there in his "office", his mind wandered to upcoming journey to Allfe-Pansom, a smaller town than Mountain Point known for its resort. Lyle knew he wanted a break from work and its wonders.

Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: The Riverrider Chronicles   The Riverrider Chronicles EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 7:59 pm

Entry Three-He/she/me WUMBO

Lyle wondered about the wider world a lot. His trip to the other town seemed like a good idea. He shook his head and went further into his blacksmith shop. There were all sorts of unfinished projects laying around the place. One could consider the shop as one hell of a bachelor pad.

Lyle picked up a few pieces of tact and went out into the bright day breathing outside. There was a lot to do before Lyle could go on his trip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Riverrider Chronicles   The Riverrider Chronicles Empty

Back to top Go down

The Riverrider Chronicles
Page 1 of 1