Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Night Of The Hunter

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Night Of The Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 6:31 pm

OHAI why yes I am starting another Rp! This time it’s based in the city of Velocifiero, which is in Darkblood territory and pretty damn close to Darius home! So while this is an open Rp, Daila supporters be warned! This may get messy! We wouldn’t want you to get hurt now would we!
Both humans and Shinlai can be used her as it is a mixed city. I myself shall be using Iapto and Lycu. You are more than welcomed to join with Shinlai or human as we would love to have you with us for this Rp!
Although I must say... Morg’s Troupe Rp looks very fun o3o And now I'm in 4 Rp's at once ._. Could be interesting...

Couple of rules I’d like to lay down though!

1. No killing Shinlai. Which should be pretty obvious by now c:

2. No killing humans. If you REALLY want to kill a human though. Make your own to kill off |: I wouldn’t be too happy to find Iapto scattered across the street, so I doubt anyone else would want theirs to die.

And here’s some info about Velocifiero, from Alana via Silas <3

She says it’s a mixed city mostly Shinlai.
She says its under Darkblood control, the humans:
a) Help out of fear
b) Darkblood human
c) common enemy against other Shinlai

The city is mostly stone, not really tall, three floor tall max, cobble stone streets. Not a very advanced city, but strong, no steel, other cities may have steel but not this one. Stain glass windows and other decorative things. Elaisa does not run on electricity or gas so they use fire and maybe burning oils.

-------------------------------------------

The dark night settled across the city of Velocifiero. The moonless sky made even darker by a thick cloud covering. Blotting out stars and almost drawing the light from the streets. A stiff breeze swept down the cobble roads, making the few lit lamps flicker and dance. Many of the large buildings supported stain glass windows. Intricate patterns and images made from brightly coloured glass. The tallest three story tall buildings sported carvings and pillars carved into the stone. Every window of the surrounding houses and shops were closed and every door locked. Not to keep the night out, but the Darkbloods.

The city was at the heart of the Darkblood territory. With Darius Kordeth’s throne based at Sunset Peak not that far away, his power severely affected the city. The Darkblood followers often inhabited and passed through Velocifiero. Shinlai of all elements resided in the city, either supporting Darius and the revolution, or being neutral and unbiased to either party. The humans there either lived in fear, supported Darius and his ways, or just had a common enemy against other Shinlai. Either way, no one challenged his power. Humans and Shinlai may have lived together, but they didn’t necessarily cohabit peacefully.

Quick light footsteps sounded down a street as a slim figure darted round a corner, catching the house bricks to propel herself around. Moving swiftly they ran to the closest door and tried the handle. Locked. They sprinted to the next door, only to find it locked as well. They rammed the door with their shoulder, to no effect. Breathing heavily they flattened themselves against the wood of the door, trying to blend with the shadows.

After a moment of silence Iapto stifled a grin and brushed her hair out of her face. She hefted a small bag in her other hand and dropped it into her pocket. Her face fell as a sound echoed down the street. She flipped her hood up and merged back into the shadows. Not only was it prime time to steal, but it was the time some Shinlai stalked the streets.

----------------

The large silver-blue Shinlai stalked down the paved road, orange eyes blazing, and gloved paws taking soft steps across the cobbled floors. His face was fixed in a weird snarling grin, his normal expression. The wind swept around him and down the dark street, skimming the walls and floor ahead of him, checking for anything of interest. A cat creeping along the base of a wall was knocked about by the wind, before being left alone.

Startled the cat streaked away leaving the large Shinlai laughing. “Probably the best thing to do little one.” He said almost to himself. He dragged his claws across the cobbles with a loud screech, before glancing at the surrounding houses. With a rumbling purr he wondered over to a house and sniffed at the windows, nudging the wooden shutters. “Anybody home?” He taunted. There was nothing but silence. He snorted in amusement and pushed away from that house. “Does no one want to play tonight?” He asked out loud.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 7:02 pm

“Does no one want to play tonight?”

"Must you torture the poor creatures?" Linx spoke clearly, hidden in her own shadowy cloak created by her own element not to far away. It wasn't unusual for the balanced female to wonder the streets at night, she quite enjoyed it, but would generally walk alone. Tonight however, was pretty much like any other night, Linx was out on patrol, not much to be said until she ran in to the amusing spectacle Lycu seemed to be putting on.
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:33 pm

The dark figure slinked silently through the system of interweaving alleyways. The shadow of his lanky frame visible only briefly in the glimmering light of an overhead lantern before he was shrouded once more in the shadows of the surrounding buildings. The cobble stone streets cold and moist beneath his feet as he went.

As he breached the stone walls of the adjoining buildings, an oncoming breeze carried the human scent downwind. He grinned mischievously. Someone was out late tonight. He padded swiftly up the street, engulfing himself in the shadows of the buildings overhead as went. As he neared his target, he couldn't help grinning in anticipation.

It was a girl. "Well this won't take long at all." he mused and his smile widened. He could just make out her nervous movements in the shadows of the doorway as he neared her heavy breathing made all the more audible on the night air.Her head was lowered and her body tilted in the opposite direction. Making sure to fully conceal himself in his element as he approached her from behind, and noiselessly closed the gap.

Slowing to a crawl, he moved in until he was right over top of her perch in the door frame. Ever so slightly easing his grip on the shadows about him, he leaned forward until he was towering directly over her head, and then let them dissipate entirely. "A little late passed our curfew, are we?" he snarled intently.
Back to top Go down
http://oddosprey.deviantart.com/
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:57 pm

Iapto watched as a large silver-blue Shinlai padded down the street, dragging his claws and inspecting the buildings around him. She stayed stock still as he passed and continued down the street. Slowly she exhaled, but drew in a sharp breath as she heard a voice speak to him. ‘Two Shinlai? Fantastic, how am I going to get away with them there?’ She thought in annoyance.

She lent around the door frame looking down the street at the big silver one, when she felt a tickle of wind on her hood. "A little late passed our curfew, are we?" A snarling voice said directly above her.

Iapto lurched away from the direction of the voice. She spun around as she moved, coming face to face, or more like face to chest, with a huge dark coloured Shinlai, their dark fur almost black in the night. “Terribly sorry sir!” She exclaimed taking several steps back away from him. Her eye flicked quickly across him. Tall, dark furred, presumably a dark Shinlai, but with bright silver eyes. “I’m just passing through, I don’t know this area.” She said quickly, watching him from under her hood.

------------------------------------------

Lycu had wondered further down the street, inspecting each house as he went. "Must you torture the poor creatures?" A clear female voice said. Lycu whirled around his bright eyes flicking from shadow to shadow. A smile slowly crept across his muzzle.

“I know you’re there Linx.” He said, a deep rumble in his chest, what most people would have called a purr. “And some of them deserve the torment.” He added grinning, he sniffed the air and swept the wind around, finally pinpointing her. “Why not come and play too?” He asked, an almost mischievous tone to his voice.

Stumbling footsteps caught his attention and he looked back up the street, seeing a small human figure backing away from a large dark shape. ’Looks like Marri found a toy first...’ He thought, wondering how he had managed to miss the human. He turned back to Linx’s direction. “Shall we go have some fun?” He asked gesturing with a paw.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:52 am

Looking ahead he could see the dim lights of the street lamps. Almost to the city Silas inhaled deeply. He caught the fient scent of more shinlai. Still a little too far off the discern who the scents belonged to he continued his approach. Shadows danced a cross his frame, only covering the back half of him. His mane, face, and front paws visible past the darkness. A wicked grin plastered to his face he entered the city. Noiselessly he trotted down the street.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:52 am

“I know you’re there Linx. And some of them deserve the torment.” Lycu said, throwing a gush of wind Linx's way to locate her. She unraveled herself from her shadowy cover and padded out in to the open "Of course you know I'm here, I made my presence perfectly clear" she stated with a slight snort at the end due to Lycu's comment. Then her attention turned to Marri, who was closer by then she had noticed. He'd apparently had cornered a small female human against the door.

“Why not come and play too?” Lycu kindly asked, with his mischievous tone "Oh come now Lycu, must I be forced to babysit you two like I do with Silas and Denton?" she ran herself against his side, almost cat like, teasingly, with a chuckle at the end.

“Terribly sorry sir! I’m just passing through, I don’t know this area.” Iapto's voice caught Linx's attention, the girl seemed somewhat nervous. She couldn't blame her, afterall, Linx herself would be nervous when Lycu and Marri got together. "Marrinus" Linx said calmly with a slight step towards them "Do be gentle with her...she's not from around here." Linx smiled, almost sadistically "Show her how we welcome newcomers, hm?"
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Silas walked slowly down the streets of the city. Eventually he caught the scent of the other shinlai again. He rounded a corner and saw Marrinus cornering something. Sniffing the air he determined it to be a nervous human. Noticing Linx and Lycu he tilted his head a bit watching them. He listened for a moment before revealing himself,

"You shouldn't play with your food." He said ominously, eyeing the human.
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 3:04 pm

“Terribly sorry sir!”the girl replied. Giving him a measured look from under her hood before backing away slowly into the open street. “I’m just passing through, I don’t know this area.”

"'Just passing through'?" Marrinus mocked, irritated by her shielded and level gaze. He took a step out of the shadows "It didn't look it from where I was standing."

"Marrinus."
He started at the sound of his name. Turning his head, he spotted Linx and Lycu making their way towards them from up the street and nodded at their approach.

Linx continued, "Do be gentle with her...she's not from around here." she smiled, a sadistic glint in her dark eyes, "Show her how we welcome newcomers, hm?"

The Elite's grin reflected onto Marrinus's expression as he turned back to the human, his eyes glimmered menacingly as he responded, "My pleasure." Raising his paw, he looked ready to strike the girl when a new all too familiar voice spoke up from behind him.

"You shouldn't play with your food."

Marrinus lowered his paw and straightened immediately at the chide. "Thank you captain obvious?" he joked inwardly. Tilting his head towards the incoming Shinlai, he dawned a mock disappointed look, "Must you always ruin the fun, Silas?"
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 3:36 pm

((QUOTES FREAKING EVERWHERE D8))

Lycu smiled as Linx stepped out of the shadows. "Of course you know I'm here, I made my presence perfectly clear." She stated with a snort.

Lycu grinned and bowed a little. “I prefer being able to see you.” He said tilting his head to one side.

"Oh come now Lycu, must I be forced to babysit you two like I do with Silas and Denton?" She asked.

He couldn’t help but laugh slightly, “Unlike him we can look after ourselves.” He said smirking. His smile faltered as she brushed against his side. A dopey grin briefly replaced his usual smile, before he gave his head a slight shake and followed her over to Marri and the small human and placed himself behind the human, watching closely.

"Do be gentle with her...she's not from around here. Show her how we welcome newcomers, hm?" Linx said, a glint in her eye. Lycu grinned and lowered his head towards the human, at the same time Marrinus raised a paw.

"You shouldn't play with your food." Rang Silas’s deep voice.

Lycu glanced up briefly but frowned as something else caught his attention. While the others were distracted by Silas he lightly sniffed the human. A scent catching his interest. Frowning he extended a paw and hooked her shoulder with one finger. Turning her to face him, a small gust of wind knocked her hood back. “You smell like someone I know.” He said bluntly. His head low enough to look her in the eye.

------------------------------------------------

Iapto watched levelly as she backed up, the Large Shinlai following her slowly. "'Just passing through'? It didn't look it from where I was standing." He mocked watching her closely.

“Passing through when I realised all the doors were locked.” Iapto replied steadily. Still slowly moving back.

"Marrinus. Do be gentle with her...she's not from around here." A female voice said. Iapto looked around to see a female Shinlai returning with the silver grey one. She hesitated, unsure about the look in the female’s eye. Either way, Iapto recognised this one. Linx Bobtail. Darkblood Elite. Multiple swear words ran through her head at this point. "Show her how we welcome newcomers, hm?"

’Crraap.’ Iapto thought, her shoulders dropping slightly. Under her hood, her eye roved the nearby houses and buildings. ’A little help would be nice people...’ She thought bitterly. But they knew better than that. She couldn’t blame them.

"My pleasure." The one called Marrinus replied, raising his paw ready to strike. Iapto tensed, crouching slightly ready to take the impact. Hands ready to grab her knives.

"You shouldn't play with your food." Another voice said, as a fourth Shinlai emerged from the dark. Iapto sighed and would have put her head in her hand, had it been a better time to do so.

"Must you always ruin the fun, Silas?" Marrinus said looking around.

’Silas? You’ve gotta be kidding me... Elite, Kordeth... and I don’t even wanna know who these two are.’ She though slightly frantic.

Her eyes widened as she felt a large paw turn her around, she came face to face with a pair of large orange eyes. “You smell like someone I know.” He said bluntly.

Iapto stared at him blankly. “I do?” she said confused. “I meet a lot of Shinlai, maybe ones that you know.” She said quickly, still staring at him.

Last edited by Forrgotenrose on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed a bit >.>)
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 3:46 pm

Silas frowned as he stood by Marri, watching Lycu inspect the human. He hadn't ment to make Marri stop, he just wanted the human out of sight. Communicating with lesser creatures was not something was prone to do. No words, just eat and be done. He didn't even particularly like eating them.

"Disgusting." He sneered, "Get rid of it." He referred to the woman.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:04 pm

(Gonna pop in here if no one minds :D Oh- I changed Apollo's name to La Volpe -or The Fox- that's alright isn't it? I figured he hadn't been called Apollo very long and this fits him better :) )

Three pairs of glowing white eyes appeared from the darkness behind the female, opposite four of the Shinlai and coming from behind Lycu. The normally silent watcher approached slowly. His eyes sparkled with mischeif. It wasn't the smartest thing to do, wandering the streets of a notoriously poor city amongst the Darkbloods. However, Volpe always preferred them to Dailia's followers. His business kept him "nuetral" though- or as nuetral as he can be.

He walked forward at a steady pace, his feet more sure against the bare cobblestone with little to hinder his way. "Having fun?" He asked. To the human girl, he might have seemed like a saving grace- it was generally 'Lai with Dark elements that for the Revolution, as opposed to 'Lai of Light element. He stopped a respectful distance away- ouside of the circle of Shinlai at first. He stepped closer more hesitantly, careful. He knew only one- and not very well at that. He was careful to watch his step around them for now (figuratively speaking).

But it was soon clear that Volpe had no preference one way or the other, he spared Iapto no more than a curious sniff, his nostrils flaring as he lowered his face near her, far too close for comfort in such a hostile situation. His eyes blinked, one pair after the other, starting with his dailian and ending with his main pair, like a ripple effect. It might have been amusing if the situation wasn't so bleak.

"Forgive me, I wasn't invited was I?" Volpe grinned, he wasn't aquainted with any other than Silas- whom he met once. "I'm La Volpe." The Shinlai flashed his well-known charismatic grin. "
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:01 am

"You shouldn't play with your food." Silas joined in to the fun

"Haa Silas, so nice for you to join us" Linx grinned, turning her attention back to the human “You smell like someone I know.” Linx padded closer to her and took a sniff at her hair "She smells of Dagda" Linx said bluntly backing off somewhat with a constant glare at Iapto

"Forgive me, I wasn't invited was I?" another shinlai spoke, seeming coming out of nowhere, Linx threw her head to the side with a snarl, eying the male head to toe "a fox you say?" Linx padded towards the male "I eat foxes for breakfast" she grinned and got in his face "what is your business here?"

Echo on the roof of the house threw a rock down at Marri's head "My, My, is that any way to treat a lady?" he grinned, another rock in hand, as he threw it up and down in his palm. Echo wasn't usually the "get in other peoples problem" guy, but for Iapto he'd make an exception. Besides that, the gang of darkbloods didn't look all to happy to see her out and about. "5 Shinlai against a helpless woman doesn't see very fare"
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:35 am

((BOOM HEAD SHOT))

"Disgusting. Get rid of it." Said the Kordeth son.

Iaptos’s eyebrows shot up. “I’d be more than happy to leave.” She said inclining her head at Silas slightly. She was starting to back up, when Linx moved closer and sniffed at her hair.

"She smells of Dagda." She said shifting back with a glare at Iapto. “Dagda?” The silver Lai questioned. He eyed her suspiciously.

Iapto nodded slowly, “Yes I know him well.” She said watching Linx warily. What did she know of Dagda? Her eyes flicked around. This would be the last place to meet him, so how did she know him? She became distracted by three pairs of glowing eyes heading towards her.

"Having fun?" The voice said, as they neared Iapto realised it was yet another Shinlai. This time she gave an audible sigh and her shoulder slumped visibly. "I'm La Volpe."

“Fox.” Iapto stated bluntly. “Sly and cunning little buggers who tend to steal chickens.” She muttered to herself, even when the new Shinlai put his face close to hers.

"A fox you say? I eat foxes for breakfast. What is your business here?"Linx said stalking towards La Volpe. Iapto slowly and smoothly glanced to where she had been standing. A clear and wide space down the street... Almost as though reading her mind the silver-grey Shinlai, she was yet to catch his name, prowled around blocking her possible exit, he eyed her and beared his teeth. "Not so fast." He hissed at her.

There was an audible ‘TOK!’ as a rock bounced of Marrinus’s head. Iapto and the silver Lai stared as the rocked thudded to the ground not far away from her and a voice called. "My, My, is that any way to treat a lady?" Iapto held back a smirk, but eyed Marrinus warily. She had a plan, she just needed the distraction. "5 Shinlai against a helpless woman doesn't see very fair." The voice called again. She smiled widely as she realised who it was.

She caught Marrinus’s eye. And grinned at him. “Catch me if you can.” She said bluntly, before turning and rolling underneath the rather startled silver Shinlai. Soon as she was clear, she leapt to her feet, hearing teeth snap behind her, and bolted into a narrow ally way. Grabbing hold of a window ledge and hauled herself up and quickly scaled the house, only stopping when she reached the roof. “Echo?” She called quietly, staying crouched down. The building shuddered slightly, making Iapto look over the edge and seeing the silver Lai, fling himself at the wall. Claws scrabbling and teeth snapping.

"Human!!" He roared up at her.
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Marrinus had taken a step back as the others moved in. His silver eyes judging the scene silently. He did not know this Dagda was or what relation he had with Linx and Lycu, and it was none of his concern.

"Forgive me, I wasn't invited was I?"

"Indeed." said Marrinus. Eying the newcomer testily as La Volpe made his way onto the scene. His attention then turned back to the human and the unintentional escape route left by Linx, only to be recovered by Lycu. "Tricky little rat isn't she?"

He had begun to circle in when a sharp blow to the back of the head made him whirl back enraged, with his teeth bared. "My, My, is that any way to treat a lady?" A human called from up on a roof top nearby. "5 Shinlai against a helpless woman doesn't see very fare" he continued, his silhouetted shape tossing another stone in the palm of his hand.

The girl turned to smile at him, “Catch me if you can.” she called over before turning to run away. Marrinus stared at her impassively and let her go. Her appeal as a source of entertainment was beginning to dissipate.

Her friend however, had dug his grave.

With a lunge, Marrinus leaped over to the home the kid was positioned on. Shifting into the shadows of the brick building, in no time at all he managed to pinpoint and scale the stacks of crates, barrels, and fencing lining it's side. From there with a swift thrust of his hind legs he was able to grasp hold of the plated shingling of the roof with his front claws and ease his way up. Scraping and roaring on the opposite side of the structure suggested Lycu had caught up with the first human.

Snarling bitterly, his mane slightly matted with blood at the back of his head, Marrinus advanced on the boy now directly in front of him with a hard glare. "End of the line." he growled.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Silas watched the scene play out in front of him, watching everything with mild interest. He growled up at the human who had thrown the rock at Marri.

"And here I thought chivalry was dead." He barked. Silas watched Marri lunge up the building after the human. He chuckled a bit, and turned his attention back to those around him.

"La Vlope." He gave him a slight nod, "How's business?" He sat down with a small grin.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:35 pm

“Echo?” Iapto called from behind him, he looked back at the call of his name, but when he turned his attention back to the shinlai, he came face to face with Marrinus, with a menacing snarl "End of the line." the Lai said in a growl and a glare that seemed to pierce through Echo's chest.

"Oh crap--" Echo took a few steps back to think of his next move. The boy took aim and threw the other rock at Marrinus's eye, or at least tried to, before fleeing towards Iapto on the other side of the roof.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:50 pm

"A fox you say? I eat foxes for breakfast. What is your business here?"

Volpe rolled his eyes at Linx's tease. He pulled his head back quickly when he sensed her sudden approach into his personal space. He frowned slightly and raised his chin slightly. "Linx Bobtail, I presume?" Volpe smirked, he'd heard of the female's sharp tounge. "I've no business, well, none concerning your interest." Volpe grinned, the wide cheshire smirk was obvious on his unmasked face. In truth, Volpe was simply passing throuh. Although he was keeping his ears open for any bit of gossip he heard.

Volpe's attention was distracted away from Linx as he listened to the fight breaking out. Two of the males were furious, there were angry snarls and one 'Lai scratched furiously at the wall in an attempt to get one of the humans. Volpe sniffed the air curiously, it seemed one of the Shinlai was bleeding fairly heavily- head wounds always bled heavily. Volpe had caught the dull thunk of a rock- probably baseball sized -whacking against the Shinlai's skull. They were each off in a flash, Volpe chuckled as he listened to the footsteps racing away.

And now it was only Linx, Silas, and himself. Volpe heard Silas sit down and he relaxed a little, following suit and sitting down himself.

"La Vlope."

Volpe grinned, "Nice to see you again, Silas- well, figuratively speaking I suppose." He chuckled.

"How's business?"

Volpe shrugged. "Going slow to say the least. I'm currently trying to seek out the advisers to Dalia's Elites. Unfortunetely, I haven't had the best of luck." He glanced at Linx and looked back towards Silas, "And I trust that it will stay a secret...?" Volpe cocked his head in question. He didn't normally release what he did so easily but he wanted to be on the Kordeth's good side, and he rather liked Silas anyways.
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:06 pm

"Oh crap--" The human took a few hesitant steps backwards. As Marrinus moved in, he beamed the rock at the Shinlai, who was ready for it and ducked as it whisked over his head.

When he looked back, the human had bolted to the other side of the roof forcing Marrinus to run after him. "Damn runt!" he grunted in frustration. The slick and fragile shingles of the roof top provided little traction for the male Shinlai's claws to grip onto and he found himself sliding stiffly as he turned sharply after the boy. Sending the already weather loosened slabs into the street below them with a clatter.

It was only when Marrinus recognized the girl on the far side of the roof, that he remembered Lycu and realized that if he was still on that end, the two humans had gotten themselves between a rock and a hard place. He slowed and padded intently in their direction.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 12:38 am

Silas was distracted from his conversation by the sound of loose tiles breaking on the street. He growled,

"Do not fool around up there, kill the pests and be done with it!" He barked up at Marri, speaking to Lycu as well. Turning his attention back to the conversation,

"Confidentiality is key, what is bad for you certainly cannot be good for us." he grinned a little.

"Linx let me introduce you properly. This is a friend of mine, he specializes in information gathering. While he has no real allegiance to either side, he could prove of some use. He owes me a favor of my choosing, so while he is still under obligation to me I would appreciate it if we could treat him as a proper guest." Silas's way of speaking was always strangely sarcastic or ominous sounding. But he meant what he said. As long as Volpe was useful he wouldn't allow him to be treated poorly. Doing so could provoke him to act against them, which would be a shame considering how much of an asset he could be.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Fish c:   Night Of The Hunter EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Crouched Iapto heard the exclamation of "Oh crap--" And running footsteps towards her. Echo appeared and there was the noise of shingles falling to the street below. Marrinus prowled towards them over the roof top. Taking his time and walking carefully. A scrabbling noise from behind told her that the silver one had managed to clamber up the wall, she glanced behind to see his forearm and glowing amber eyes glaring over the edge of the roof. It would be moments until he was on the roof top and they were trapped.

“Echo.” She said calmly, shifting nearer to him. “Ever heard of free running?” She asked, warily watching the orange eyes. “Either way, you’re about to do it.” She said without waiting for an answer.

Grabbing Echo’s wrist she dragged him into a full sprint towards the edge of the roof. The five foot gap between houses looked even wider as it grew closer. As she reached the edge, not two foot from the angry Shinlai, she let go of Echo’s wrist him to jump on his own, and launched herself into the air.

She swore loudly as she neared the roof at an odd angle. She landed falling onto her side and skidding along and down the roof slope. Managing to catch hold of the gutter and drag herself back onto the roof.

------------------------------------

Lycu snarled and began climbing the house wall, his claws digging into any crack and groove between the bricks, sometimes pulling out great lumps of stone. Reaching the gutter he flung a paw over, his claws screeching on the tiles and glaring over the edge. He eyed the humans and began to hail himself over the lip of the roof. He could see Marri stalking towards them from the other end of the roof.

’Need to move quicker!’ He thought his back feet scrabbled to get a hold on the brick work, finally finding a small ledge to push himself up with. There was the sound of running footsteps and the human female leapt the gap between the roofs.

“Damn it!” He snapped in frustration. He dragged himself onto the roof, and watched the female drag herself onto the roof, narrowly missing a long fall. He looked to Marri and cocked his head to one side. “Should we bother chasing?” He asked with a slight snarl of annoyance.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 6:01 pm

"Damn runt!" Marrinus shout hot on Echo's tail as he reached up to Iapto

“Echo. Ever heard of free running? Either way, you’re about to do it.” Before he could bother to give an answer Iapto took hold of echo's wrist and practically dragged him along with her, the two sprint across the remaining roof "THIS IS A BAD IDEA!" Echo shout as he made the jump behind Iapto. As his foot made contact with the rooftop, it caused him to loose balance and crash forward, skidding down the roof's slope and crashing on to the veranda under it. "A-Ah--Ahh--I can't feel my legs-or anything else-" he mumbled inbetween a groan as he lay there in an awkward position between a few flower pots.

------------------------//---------------------------------

"Linx Bobtail, I presume? I've no business, well, none concerning your interest." Linx snort. And threw her glance elsewhere before Silas took the lead in making a formal acquaintance "Linx let me introduce you properly. This is a friend of mine, he specializes in information gathering. While he has no real allegiance to either side, he could prove of some use. He owes me a favor of my choosing, so while he is still under obligation to me I would appreciate it if we could treat him as a proper guest." Linx glanced back and took a few steps towards the brown male. She sniffed at his neck scruff lightly, before eying him head to toe "Truly a fox I see" she said with a contempt smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:47 pm

“Should we bother chasing?”

Marrinus snorted in contempt. His eyes following the human boy as he missed his landing and lay in a crumpled heap upon the veranda. "No need," he spoke up, turning to look with a chilling calm at his friend's frustrated expression, yet still unaware of it's source, "The boy reaped what he sowed. We're wasting our time to do much else."

Marrinus began to make his way back to the opposite end of the roof when he looked back with a chilling grin and added, "However, if you feel the need to unleash that frustration of yours, on that surface I'm sure a cold hard breeze would be enough to knock them off their feet," he paused then, his gaze inquisitive. "That is, if you do intend to hurt the girl."
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:48 pm

"Confidentiality is key, what is bad for you certainly cannot be good for us."

"Not in the slightest." Volpe lifted a paw to play idly with the silver ouroboros on the short silk necklace he wore. "No that would be very bad indeed..." He trailed off, speaking softly to himself more than anyone else.

"Linx let me introduce you properly. This is a friend of mine, he specializes in information gathering. While he has no real allegiance to either side, he could prove of some use. He owes me a favor of my choosing, so while he is still under obligation to me I would appreciate it if we could treat him as a proper guest."

Volpe frowned once more. He couldn't help resent any "obligation" to another. Volpe didn't like promises, and he liked debts even less. "I appreciate your hospitality," Volpe said with a charming grin. He didn't miss out on Silas tone of sarcasm and his slight back-handed invitation. His words implied once Volpe had finished his business with Silas, he could care less how he was treated.

"Truly a fox I see."

La Volpe again pulled back slightly when she sniffed his fur but not nearly as sudden as before. He smiled at her comment, "Through and through."
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:48 pm

“No need, the boy reaped what he sowed. We're wasting our time to do much else." Marrinus said, watching the boy crash land and turning away. "However, if you feel the need to unleash that frustration of yours, on that surface I'm sure a cold hard breeze would be enough to knock them off their feet. That is, if you do intend to hurt the girl." Marri added smiling at Lycu with a questioning gaze.

Lycu snorted softly and turned to look at the female. She had dropped down from the roof and was crouching protectively over the human male. ‘She guards him like a female would her pup.’ He thought tilting his head to one side, watching the pair with interest. ‘She is too young to be his mother though...’ The thought occurred to him.

‘But how does she know Dagda then...’ He thought narrowing his eyes at her. “Watch your back.” He said bluntly. Turing away from them and leaping from the roof. Landing behind Silas and Apollo with a solid thud.

---------------------------

"A-Ah--Ahh--I can't feel my legs-or anything else-" Came Echo’s voice from the veranda below the roof edge. Iapto froze her eyes wide with worry. She slid and skittered over the roof towards where Echo fell. Carefully jumping onto the veranda next to him. She looked up quickly and watched as Marrinus walked away from them, towards the other end of the other house. The silver one however... He lingered, first watching Marrinus, then looked over at her.

Burning orange eyes met dull green eyes. Watching each other calculatingly. ’Don’t even think about coming over here... Try it and I’ll kill you...’ She thought calmly, her hand by her knife, ready to grab it and defend Echo, who she was crouching next to. She was tense. Watching the large Lai waiting for him to make his move. “Just leave...” She said softly under her breath.

Almost as though he heard what she had said. “Watch your back.” He warned, turning and leaping from sight. There was a solid thud. Iapto waited for a moment, listening. There was no sound from the roof tops.

She turned on her heel and dropped to her knees by Echo. “Hey Echo, you alright? Are you hurt?” She asked frantically. Her hand hovered above his shoulder, wanting to grab him and pull him upright into a hug. But she held back, unsure of how bad the damage really was.
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:27 pm

"Ha! Like I'd need the reminder." he quipped back. Watching Lycuvayu take his leave, Marrinus proceeded back to the place he had originally ascended the stack of objects at the side of the house. Preferring a less dramatic route to that of his friend's, he eased his way off the roof and down the meager pile to the shadow of the paved street below.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night Of The Hunter   Night Of The Hunter Empty

Back to top Go down

Night Of The Hunter
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next