Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Dusty Canyon

Go down 
+2
TheAlbinoBunny
Khrests
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Dusty Canyon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:20 pm

Alk cocked her head to one side, watching him look at Eshe. "Oh? Me--No...Um..." He replied. "I just need to pass." He said, despite not making any signs of moving.

"Passing through? where are you going?" Eshe asked with a smile heading towards him.

Alk rolled her shoulders and glanced over at Zeke. She was getting tense again. But hearing Silas in the canyon had put her on edge. “What’s your name?” Alk asked, rolling her head around to look at the new lai. She sat down on the water. Making small water globes raise out of the water slightly.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:24 pm

Kordasai was stiff as she approached, but her smile, genuine, made him relax a bit and his head dropped to its normal level.

He was still weary of the other female, more bold than this one...

"The next settlement, I'm looking for--A few shinlai."

Kordi was not sure how much he should share about his travels ans quickly closed his mouth.

"I'm Kordasai."
Back to top Go down
http://ladykervein.deviantart.com
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:26 pm

"A few shinlai?" She asked. "Like a specific few? what would they look like? I may have seen them. I see a lot of shinlai." she said, and sat down a few paces from him, so as not to invade his personal space. she cocked her head, bird-like.

"My name is Eshe." She said, smiling to him again. then glancing down to see that Alkyone was still there.
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Zeke sat quietly letting Alkyone and Eshe do all the talking. Noticing Alk looked a little edgy over the sounds coming from the down the canyon Zeke got up and moved towards her and sat closely. Nudging her slightly with a concerned look wondering what could be bothering her. Then he turned his head eying this new lai's curiously.

"I'm Kordasai."
After he spoke his name Zeke said "Well nice to meet you Kordasai! I am Zeke" smiling as he said it.
Back to top Go down
http://Thealbinobunny.deviantart.com
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:30 pm

"Just a few willign to help start a new settlement," he gestured to his empty side and half grinned.

Kordi nodded as Zeke spoke and Eshe sat close to him. He was nto bothered by her presence, he even wanted to get closer to her.

His feet took him a little closer to Eshe, sitting in typical "loaf" fashion and slightly more relaxed. The group seemed friendly, and he felt no need to leave immediately? They were nice...perhaps they would join him?
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:32 pm

Alk watched warily as Eshe bombarded the new Shinlai, Kordasai, with questions. “Breath.” She called to Eshe with a slight smile. She looked around as Zeke nudged her slightly. He looked at her worriedly, she gave a slight shake of her head. “I’m fine. Just wary, always wary.” She said encouragingly.
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:40 pm

Eshe blinked, confused, and looked down at her. "Breathe? But I am breathing quite well, thank you!" The joke had gone right over her head. Sadly.
She looked to Kordasai again. "a settlement? where?" She asked.
"Why are you trying to make a new settlement, aren't there many nice ones?"
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Kordasai looked at Eshe with wide eyes as she missed the joke, he wanted to laught but thought it would be rude if she did not understand it.

"There are nice ones--But there is also sides to be taken, soon Shinlai will... " he contemplated telling her the rest fo the news...but with such a lovely day he did nto want to dampen the mood.
"I am rather... a traveler, and none of those settlements really fit me," he shrugged, sighing at the sun and looking back tot he lais around him.

Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:56 pm

Eshe got a little more somber, more grim, as she watched him.
She nodded, understandingly.

"I understand what you're saying." she said, with another sage-like nod.
"every shinlai is picking sides and fighting it seems.." She sighed softly, looking around at the canyon.
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:59 pm

He felt bad as she fell in demeanor, her expression more dark than he wanted to see.

"I know... Which is why I want to get away, and help all other Shinlai get away from it all. Paradise, you know?" He looked up again and back to her.
He wished she was interested... Perhaps they could be the family to start their journey? He would be so lucky.

"Where you from? I havea hard time seeing you here in the canyon for ever..."
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:00 pm

Alk watched as the two grew more grim. "every shinlai is picking sides and fighting it seems.." Eshe said with a sigh.

“Some of us have to.” Alk said bluntly, looking down at the water, the ice globes froze solid, dropping into the water with a plop and bobbing away down the river. “And some have no choice.” She added quietly, watching the ice float away
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:02 pm

"And those of us with no ties, no stake in the war are left to be obliterated in the crossfire," he huffed, unhappy that people were stuck in that situation... He wanted to help, but everyone has ties but him?!
He looked contemplative and upset but...not angry. He knew others would want to stay and fight, knew they would ahve loved ones at stake... He wished it was nto that way for himself and a few others, getting otu of the way of warring lai was a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:08 pm

"And those of us with no ties, no stakes in the war are left to be obliterated in the crossfire." Kordi said.

Alk sighed to herself. “You want to create a paradise, you said.” She said looking up at him. “What about creating a safe haven instead? Somewhere where neutral Lai’s can go and be sheltered from the fighting?” She suggested, tilting her head to one side. “I know a few who would like that. They have no interest in the war and would need somewhere like that.” She said slowly.

((I’m off to bed! Night!))
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:26 pm

“I’m fine. Just wary, always wary.”
"Okay, but normally you don't look so wary so you got me a little worried there."

"every shinlai is picking sides and fighting it seems.."
"Yes it seems they... I just recently said I was darkblood, but I dunno if it was such a good idea..." he said nervously. "Could we not just help who needs it most that day?" he said sheepishly knowing it was silly to say.

“Some of us have to.”
"But why must we? I mean it's either die here or die there!.. I just really wish it could end." he sighed. "If neutral shinlai are in the wrong spot at the wrong time it really seems no cares and they just keep fighting regardless." he added that with a little grumble coming from his throat.

“What about creating a safe haven instead? Somewhere where neutral Lai’s can go and be sheltered from the fighting?”
"A safe haven? You say?" "How could such a thing be possible without it being bothered by both sides? Though the idea of it would be nice..."

(lots of stuff oof!))
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:50 am

"I have one word for you Linx, expendible. You might want to try and remember that next time you feel the urge to antagonize me."

Linx's chuckling slowly stopped "Expendable? Really?" she got back to her feet "Is that a threat?" she grinned "You need to live a little and stop being so uptight all the time. No wonder people despise you" she snort and trotted off towards a tree.
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:48 am

Kordi was not listening too intently... But responded, looking between Eshe and the others.

"I plan to amke a haven. With the help of some earth 'Lais and perhaps a few others we will create a paradise, where no one will have to sffer for others' mistakes," he looked grimm a moment before cheering up a little.

"You said you knew of a few of those such Lai? " he asked, his ears would be perky if they were still in tact... His tail swished happily and he seemed to smile beneath the mask he wore, eyes lighter than they had been in some time. Perhaps it was this blinding sun... or maybe it was something else?
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:39 pm

"Yes it seems they... I just recently said I was Darkblood, but I dunno if it was such a good idea..." he said nervously.

Alk looked at him sharply. He was a Darkblood now? Her shoulders dropped visibly. She liked Zeke, he was a good friend, but him becoming a Darkblood would make that difficult. She opened her mouth to speak before closing it again. It wasn’t her place to say.

"Could we not just help who needs it most that day? If neutral Shinlai are in the wrong spot at the wrong time it really seems no cares and they just keep fighting regardless." Zeke grumbled.

“I don’t know if you’ll remember.” She started slowly. “That fight at the ravine. It was Silas against Rondun. But when Silas was unable to stand I didn’t let Rondun crush him. And the thanks I got for it was a slap from Silas.” She said bitterly, staring down at her paws. “I sided with Silas then, he was injured and weak, although he would never admit it.” She looked up at Zeke. “But when Linx arrived and Rondun was outnumbered, I would side with him rather than them.” She said slowly. “I side with whoever needs the help.” She finished bluntly.

"I plan to make a haven. With the help of some earth Lai’s and perhaps a few others we will create a paradise, where no one will have to suffer for others' mistakes, you said you knew of a few of those such Lai?” Kordi said perking up and looking interested.

Alk nodded affirmatively. “Earth Shinlai would be best for building and reinforcing, although having some Fire and Water Shinlai would help a great deal. If the fire Lai were strong enough they could help melt metals to strengthen the buildings, and water Lai could create ice defences. Like Zeke said, you’d get bothered by the two sides hoping to find more followers. So having a few Shinlai willing to help defend and protect the other, not so willing to fight, would help a great deal.” She rambled, the more she thought about it the more it seemed to be a good idea.

“It would be a good idea to be far away from the two sides head quarters too...” She added. “Maybe see if there’s a place in the north? North-east? That would help to stay far away from fighting. You should speak to my mate, Dagda, he’s an earth Lai, and while his not very strong at earth manipulation he’d be more than happy to help you and work out building plans.” She clamped her mouth shut as she realised how much she was rambling.

“Sorry, I get carried away.” She said with a quiet laugh.

((Doooood that post was WAY longer than what I was intending to put XD))
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:11 pm

“I don’t know if you’ll remember.”
"Yes I remember that all to well." he sighed not wanting to think of that day.

“I sided with Silas then, he was injured and weak, although he would never admit it.”
"I just don't think he really enjoyed the idea of a female standing up for him, and he would not wanna show he was weak.." “But when Linx arrived and Rondun was outnumbered, I would side with him rather than them.” "I understand that they just always seem so brutal, like they the on the side that is with sense, but all they do is be violent rather then sorting it by like a meeting.."

“I side with whoever needs the help.”
"Hmm.. well that side really does not sound so bad, but it would be hard having friends on both sides not knowing who to help." he sorta whispered.

((Zeke is so confusing sometimes!! ))
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:33 pm

Ashe laid down, then, loaf style beside Kordasai, listening to the conversation intently. Looking back and forth between him and Alkyone.
Eshe looked at him, and perked up a bit. smiling. "I could help, I suppose." She told him. "I have both Earth and Water I could use to your advantage." It sounded like something interesting to do, and i would certainly be the first time i a long while that she had had a purpose. and goodness knew she had... endured many run ins with Darkbloods.
"You sound like you could use all the help you could get. these are big plans."

Ananth was listening to their conversation, laying in the cool shade. she tipped her head, lifting it a bit as she listened to Alkyone.
Silas had been hurt? and he had.. slapped her? She frowned.
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:43 pm

((( If i'm no here and someone responds... message em XD )))

Kordi felt himself shudder... He knew someone was oging to cause trouble, he was nto sure which.

"That is my plan. Gather many types of lai and work together... make a safer place. Yes, there is a mountain pass. " After I meet a friend of mine in the hill country I plan to make my way there and begin to stockpile supplies."
he nodded, going over his plan, trying to not be too specific on the location.

Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Silas left Linx behind to explore the canyon further. He came to the water, looking into it for a moment. He looked up, catching the scents of several shinlai, familiar. He walked toward the scents. He approached the group, grinning curiously.

"Well hello there." He adressed the group, looking from shinlai to shinlai.
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 9:19 pm

Eshe listened to Kordasai intently, about to comment, until she heard the knew voice.
She lifted her head, and glanced over at the strikingly purple Shinlai approaching. Something in just the way he carried himself made her uneasy. She shuffled a bit, but stayed laying where she was. She glanced to Alkyone, then Kordasai.

Ananth certainly knew that voice well. She rolled a bit, and resettled herself on her stomach, tucking her legs in. She remained in her hidden little alcove, watching Silas approach the group. watching how he acted.
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:01 am

Kordi

Kordasai saw Silas approachign long before most noticed and kept his mouth shut, obviously he was not intent on sneaking up on them and hurt the lot... Besides, he was by himself against a group of peacekeepers.

"Hello---Friend," he spoke, remembering meeting him previously with his family of Darkblood followers. Kordi did not want to hink of his home ad shook his head, his eyes subconciously looking to Eshe who seemed a little uncomfortable. He SHifted closer to her, his tail flipping over and resting on hers which, fluffy and light colored slightly contrasted his own.

"He is someone I know, Silas," he nodded his head to the darkblood and back to Eshe.
"You'll be fine."

Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:56 am

She tensed, but looked around at Silas calmly. She stood letting the water drain from her fur back into the river. She walked out of the river to stand by Zeke. "Afternoon Silas. And how are you?" She asked calmly, sitting down closer to Zeke and Eshe. "It’s been," She paused considering her words. "A while, I suppose, since we last met." She said slowly, flicking her tail around her feet, and sitting up straight.

A light breeze pasted through the canyon bringing a familiar scent with it. Her tail twitched, she wanted to go and see them... But going and speaking to Ananth before the others caught on would be difficult. With a sigh she raked her claws through the earth, and the water closest bubbled and rolled over itself, giving the illusion of boiling.

An idea struck her, she drew some water from the river and absentmindedly started manipulating it. It almost looked as though she was playing with the water between her paws. Glancing at it briefly she smiled slightly to herself, before freezing the water solid. Up close it looked like a little Shinlai curled up in a ball. But at a glance it looked nothing more than a lump of ice. With a flick of her paw she cast it into the stream, still manipulating its direction towards her friend.

((College boredom again :/))
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:06 am

Seeing Silas had entered he flicked his head toward him slightly, and said "Oh hey." with a barley noticeable look of grin.

With the breeze coming through the canyon Zeke caught the scent of another shinlai, but did not know who this could be. Looking at Alkyone Zeke noticed she must have a idea on who this is.

Then as she started manipulating the water he just sat back, and watched wondering what she could be up to. Now in the shape of a large lump of ice she seemed to be sending it up stream? Still it looked as if she was making it go the way she wanted more curious Zeke got up and started following it slowly as it moved along.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Canyon   Dusty Canyon - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dusty Canyon
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: The Pen and the Mask :: The Old Records-
Jump to: