Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Practice rping

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:16 am

(I've been lurking a round trying to learn how to Rp well.) Rule no killing. but fightinngs okay i
guess

setting: early evening woods/beach

(here goes nothing tell me If im doing well.)

a hunter was out bringing the traps he set the day before, he was rather clumsy as he was not
exprinace (wrong spelling) with set this kinda traps. "I should be setting traps for bears instead, but I had to over sleep
and miss the group." he murmered to himself just as he put the trap out of the boat a crab pinched his finger.
he hollered out a few curses in his pain he tried to put the crab of his finger but It didn't work to his advail.
relizing that the crab was holding on too tight to shake off he the boat's paddle and smote the crab a few times.
The crab's grasp slowly release till his finger was free. looking at his finger he saw that the crab's pinch gave his finger a
bruise but didn't break the skin "Well this day is going so great."
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Kordasai Enters....   Practice rping EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:56 pm

Kordi took his leisure assessing the length of his treck for the day. A long stretch and he was off. He left large flat arks in the sand where his feet dipped dangerously close to the salty seawater.

His eyes narrowed a bit as he turned a sandy corner; toes tickled by the waves as he stopped at the shore's edge just barely letting water rush over his paws.
A loud curse grabbed his attentins as he sauntered toward the creature creating the ruccus in the early hours of the day.

The tall beast was able to lok less cruel because of his comparatively small size... The human would surely be apprehensive upon seeing the Shinlai's approach. Though not threatening a creature twice ones size tends to make the local (smaller) creatures nervous.

He waited to be aknowledged before speaking.

Back to top Go down
http://ladykervein.deviantart.com
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: re:rp practice   Practice rping EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:22 am

(ty very much pls tell me how Im doing so I could improve)

The hunter was gathering the catch from the traps from the boat. As the hunter dragged the catch across the beach
he saw something that looked to be a large bear in the distance. "Just when I thought this day couldn't get any better"
the hunter mumbled to himself as he dove in the boat. The hunter waited a few minutes "Maybe the bear didn't see me yet he'll just eat and leave hopefully, but what if the bear ruins the traps?"He thought to himself. "It'll cost me much of my savings to repair them". after a few moments of thinking he thought "I'll try to drive the bear away if worse comes to worse my house isn't so far away I'll just run home or swim away". The hunter began to gather his courage be began to breathe heavily he grab his short sword a one of the boats oar he hopped of the boat ready for anything, but to his surprise the bear was still in the same
spot facing him. How strange it didn't move? The hunter began shouting, running in circles, and flailing the his arms histically
thinking this would freinght off instead only drew the bear closer. The hunter was beginning to become frantic and began flail his arms more wildly then he stopped he saw the creature was bigger then a normal bear, but strangely the creature had a mask
on and was walking instead of running towards him the sense of fear he had was replaced by a sense of wonderment.
breathing a sigh of relief he put down the oar and began to walk toward the large creature It looks like someone's pet that got loose. As the hunter began to close the distance the creature stopped ignornatly the hunter continued toward the creature. The hunter raised his hand and tried to pet the creature "What are you doing?" ask the creature upon hear the creature speak the swiftly withdrew his hand and raise his sword and backed away "uhh you speak? how?"....
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptyThu May 05, 2011 12:40 am

(( you're donig well. Try not to repeat words as it can be a bit repetitive. :D God job. ALso i am unclear but i think you "spoke" for Kordi... That is an RP no-no. Characters will speak only from their given RPer. ^^ I am for instance--the only one who plays as Kordasai ^^ k? :D Youre donig Fine ^^ ))

Kordasai felt a hand barely touch his hide and he twitched scooting back a little and sitting down to properly speak tot he human hunter.

"I am a Shinlai...Your kind have seen us on ocassion and sometimes emplore us for help. You look like you could use some." Kordi felt his legs stretch out behind his bod and a great yawn opened hisjaws wide before he could speak again. The sun was burning hot in the sky and it made him ever so sleepy...

"Tell me...why did you run about in circles? You looked rather silly..." his face made a scrunched expressino some mix of confusino and silly delight. His pause in speech finally drifted and he sopke again "but humans often do to me-that is--I do not much understand them. you see."
His head shifted about looking for signs of life used to his presence and another massive yawn overtook his breathing and a large huff followed.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:59 am

(oh sorry so no character controling I was aware of that somewhat not even for simple things? Im still new ty)

"I thought you where a bear I was trying to scare you off, but how do you talk?" the hunter said in puzzelment." Shinlai? is that like some type of domesticated bear?" Seeing the shinlai yawn made the hunter shudder. "I see your a meat eater glad your not aggressive" So? "are you like someone's pet?""that masks why do you were it?

Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:23 pm

"This one asks alot of questions doesn't he Kordi"

A large white and black figure slinked out of the shadows, his muscles stetching as he lazily walked over to Kordi's side. He was quite large and sturdy looking, with pale white fur edged in dusty black. His mask was black with orange accents and one of his horns appeared to be broken off on one of its tips. His emerald green eyes shown out from under his mask as he watched the two with a smirk. Hallow sat at his brothers side and tilted his head inspecting the human.

"A new friend of yours I take it?" he chuckled sheepishly and playfully elbowed Kordi's side. "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation and being taken for someones pet is definitely a new one." Hallow smiled "Tell me human, are you someones pet?" He laughed.
Back to top Go down
http://distortedgirl66.deviantart.com
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:10 pm

"Oh god you talk too?" the hunter's voice sounded trembling "How long were you there?" "Are you guys going to eat me?"
Seeing the two large creatures struck fear into the hunter thinking of a lie to make the creatures pity him "See I can't get eaten I have a wife some kids and they're all relaying on me please spare me I'm their only hope." the hunter forcefully squeezed a few
tears out hoping to sell his lie, all the while backing away from what seemed to him death's door. when he back far enough the turned pulled a nap sack from the boat and pulls out a sling shot know it was too weak to do any real harm. the hunter now had a sword and a sling shot "You want this meal well your gonna have to work for it you demonic bears!" the hunter yelled at the top of his lungs. "Wow how come I say the cool things when no one's around?" he thought to himself "At least I said something cool before I'm gonna die" The hunter readied this weapons, prepared for anything....
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:06 pm

(( good. remember to keep the first person/past tense straight. other than that keep it up ^^ and you might want to let a reactino happen before "donig too much" as your character changed tune very fast. :D ))

Kordasai looked baffled. He had been kind..sociable? what was the man doing?
He chuckled when Ahaloh joined his side. "You're one to talk...He is curious no?" Kordi felt himself pushed a little by his larger brother but did not retaliate so as not to frighten the poor human more!

"Human--do not fear us. We are not bears..." Kordi was not sure what to say once the hunter began to look threatened and grabbed for weapons...not that they would b of any use.
Kordi shook his head and looked at Ahaloh with a half-shut eye. He wanted to as how to handle the situatino but was afraid it would look rather silly...from such a massive creature as himself.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:01 am

(thanks so I'll remember to keep the tense straight and he's kinda nervous the hunter would be acting somewhat erratic and long time no see thanks for the tips )

"Well how do I know your not bears!?!" the hunter shouted the hunter figured the sword was near useless the sword though
sharp he know it would only inflicted minor damage and would serve to anger the beasts that called themselves shinlai.
"Well I have no choice then" the hunter throw the oar at the shinlai though it missed in made an opening for him to make a break for the forest "My house is too far away form here." he thought "I'll climb a tree then they look like they can't climb." the hunter scaled the first tree he saw and made his way up the trunk "I'll be here all day and night." the hunter groan as he thought about the cold night he thought laid ahead...

Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:27 pm

Kordi shook his head....If he were human he would have stomped off in anger. Kordi watched as the oar flew dangerously close to his head. He tried to explain!
"If we were bears could we talk?" Kordasai asked following the hunter to the edge of the forest. He looked back at his brother with a laugh as he gestured to the hunter in the tree.

"Human!"
He shouted up the tree not sure wether to knock it down or let him be...? He did look very frightened and Shinlai knew better than to poke a frightened animal.

Kordi kept his shoulders clear of branches as he left the tree alone. He returned to the beach area steering clear of the water and sitting in the warm sand.

Dark Kordi Dark
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptyWed May 11, 2011 8:26 am

Seeing the "shinlai" walk away now's my chance the hunter slowly crept down the tree he ran to his house to arm and clad himself in
armor when he was prepared he lefted and when hastly when to the beach he saw the shinlai sitting their and said "Shinlai if you want to talk now is the time, but know this try anything funny and my blade shall rend your flesh". Though the hunter was clad in leather armor with several metal pieces on it the was still very nervous. The hunter drew a breath and began to demend the answer questions like "Tell me how do you speak?" "What are you doing here?" "Why do shinlai where masks?" "Shinlai? I came here a year ago from across the ocean why haven't I ever seen one until now?" Seeing the the traps where okay gave him some relieve though the matter wasn't his top priority at the moment he had more pressing matters to attent to
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Kordi almost felt bad for the stupid little human...he began to sympathize with the Darkbloods! This man was daft! Almost off his rocker. He looked at his brother with a great sigh and began to walk away from the beach. He was growing ever so tired of the tiny creature's want to be protected. The lackof trust was astounding to Kordasai...

The man returned though. Kordi had no choice but to show the human how tiny he really WAS.

As the human ponited its weapon at him Kordi let tendrils of darkness from the forestreach out and grapple with the stranger. He did not hurt him only bind and shake the man to his senses.

"Human!" Kordi roared fr perhaps the first time in months.

"Do not take me for some beast!" He calmed down and his fur began to settle. The shadows released him.

"You need not threaten me. I am not th biggest or most dangerous being in these woods." He glared at the male hoping he would get the idea now that he had been taken for a ride by the darkness itself.

Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:38 pm

After being grappled by and unseen force hunter lost it his wits" Please spare me I'll do anything I'll do your
bidding!"the hunter said pitifully the hunter got to his knee's and begged for pity making him seem even more pitiful.
"I just had a bad day thats all ,please don't devour my soul!" "I still a virgin!" All the hunters pleas made him think to himself how weak
and pitful he looked and sounded. "I will pay you tribute please just don't kill me." The hunter was so freighten and confused he didn't know what the shinlai wanted at this point he thought he'd angered the spirit of the forest. Slowly rising to his feet the hunter began to begged the shinlai some more for mercy and giving all sorts of excuses why shouldn't the shinlai shouldn't kill him and eat his soul at least thats what the hunter thought
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Kordasai felt a twinge of regret seeing the sorry excuse for a human being.
Kordi backed away letting the groveling creature lie there.

"You---stand." he commanded. His vocie was strangely loud and he quieted down before he spoke.

"You need not fear me. Go home. Live life with courage."

Kordi sighed deeply before his head turned tot he setting sun.
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptySat May 14, 2011 1:10 am

Hallow sat and watched the whole thing play out almost with a bemused smirk on his face. He frowned however when the human began to grovel and padded over gently near the man. Hallow kept a comfortable distance between himself and the man.

"My brother Kordi is right...You should go home...but seeing as that the sun is almost relinquished its rule upon this world, it would not be a wise idea to take foot into the forest by yourself. Granted the way you chucked an oar at us is proof enough that you are a strong capable man, however there are far greater dangers that you would put yourself against should you leave now. So how about an accord of sorts. You stay with us for the night, I promise we won't steal your soul or pillage your boat or any of this nonsense. You may ask us questions and learn about us in a civilized and non frightening manner, as you would an equal. In the meantime, it would be more comfortable for us, if you were to one, not lie on your face and cower in fear, and secondly...please stop throwing things and calling us bears. Do such and we will stop calling you human. Now I am Ahaloh, and preferred to be called as such. This here is my brother Kordasai."

He sat back on his haunches in the most non threatening way possible and looked to Kordi with a gentle smile.
Back to top Go down
http://distortedgirl66.deviantart.com
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:44 am

"But why....why have you come?" the hunter said weakly. "I hope no one else saw me in this pitiful state." the hunter groaned.
"What are you beings I've never seen creatures such the likes you before, and I know I've hunted large game with a friends."
he sounded weezing "If you say that your not spirit beast are you a shaman in a disguse of sorts?" his voice seem to get stronger
toward the the of his sentance. Refreshing his mind the hunter said " I was unprepared if I have been informed I might of would
stood a chance? maybe?" the slowly rose to his feet beads of sweat rolled down his forehead " "I will go home." Though In the back of the hunter's mind he wouldn't for fear of the shinlai would follow him. The hunter backed himself into the then turn and ran in the opposide direction of his house figuring the shinlai haven't seen his house yet. "I'll watch them, study them, and learn their habits." the hunter mumbled to himself as hastly made his way into the wilderness. After 15 min of running the hunter found his
supply shack, though the shack was well hidden he remembered the place it was because it was where he kept his valuables.
the hunter looked around making sure he wasn't followed, then enter the shack. Once in he pulled away a false floor and when into
the ground into the passage way their he changed from his armor to this hunting clothes counted some money got a few rations
and took a few various weapons for protection's sake. "I wonder why hasn't anyone taked or even said word of these beasts!"
"That beast grab me I saw nothing their had it wanted to kill me it..." the hunter paused for a second lost in thought "it could have." "I must learn bout these shinlays? shinlais?" the hunter wasn't sure how to pronounce the beast species correctly
"I shall go to a more older city once I aquire knowlegde about strengths and weakens I shall be better prepared to deal with them."
The hunter sat down in the cramped passage room and thought in his mind he thought how pitiful he must of looked begging for mercy. "Damn it!" "Once I become stronger I shall make that beast beg for my mercy." the hunter growled angerly to himself
the fact that the hunter had begged for mercy didn't upset him as much as begging for mercy for an animal. "It was a god damn animal I begged for mercy from an animal!" "I must be the lowest of the low!" "I have to avange my honor as a hunter!"the hunter said yelled with renewed resovle. The hunter dicided at first light he'd travel to the cites to learn what shinlai where and thier ecology...
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:49 am

thanks for Rping with me I really have gotten an indept look int how to rp I really thank you for the tips you gave most of all
now I can join other rps with out being a clueless idiot thanks so much for the help
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:13 pm

oooh im sorry, if you watch me on DA you'd know i had moved and thus could not continue! ^^o sorry for not informing you sooner. i am back now though ^^

glad we could be helpful! :D Kordi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Practice rping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice rping   Practice rping Empty

Back to top Go down

Practice rping
Page 1 of 1