Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

The Mountain and the Circle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alana
Admin
Alana

The Mountain and the Circle Empty
PostSubject: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:21 am

This roleplay is for...

AlanaRoseheart
Saphirawolf

You are free to read, but please do NOT join! If you feel that your character would be SIGNIFICANT to the storyline, drop us a note.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night had settled on the forest, the shadows overtaking ever crevice, animal, and being stalking in the trees. The moon, too, had been shrouded by the darkness, large looming clouds blocking out its heavenly light. The wind was quiet, daring not to make a sound, as the large Shinlai made her way through the underbrush. Her blue roan coat blended in with the ominous shadows, however, her heavy footsteps gave away her location. She snorted and turned to glance back behind her, nothing behind her.

Drats.

Impatiently stamping her foot, the Shinlai called out behind her, "C'mon, kid! I don't have time for this."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:56 am

Linx chuckled as she stepped out of the bush a few feet off "What's wrong? Is the big, bad Brute afraid of the dark?" the smaller female took a look around "I got distracted by a rabbit, it's night time and i'm starving." she almost whined "Why are we even out here at this hour?"
Back to top Go down
Alana
Admin
Alana

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:08 am

The sound of footsteps caught her attention, and Brute whirled around to see the smaller Shinlai, Linx, stepping out from the shadows. "What's wrong? Is the big, bad Brute afraid of the dark?"

Brute growled at the ignorance of the younger Shinlai, "Watch you mouth, pipsqueak, before I rip it off." She turned away, continuing on her path when she heard Linx joining her at her side rambling about something.

"Why are we even out here at this hour?"

Brute rolled her eyes, trying to hold her tounge, but Linx was already driving her mad despite the fact they had only been out from the mountain for only a hour. She glanced to her side, "Do you not remember anything, you baffoon?" She turned and stopped in front of Linx, "You're new. You need to learn a thing or two about the boundaries. You're here with me to learn, not talk off to me, not to hunt rabbits, not to do anything but learn." Brute paused to bring herself to her full height, towering over the Shinlai beneath her stare, "Do I make myself clear?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:03 am

"Watch you mouth, pipsqueak, before I rip it off."

"I will take that as a yes" she sneered, Brute soon made her way towards her stopping right in her path "Do you not remember anything, you baffoon?" Needless to say Brute's size couldn't help but be a tad intimidating, however Linx did her best to ignore it.
"You're new. You need to learn a thing or two about the boundaries. You're here with me to learn, not talk off to me, not to hunt rabbits, not to do anything but learn." Brute paused to bring herself to her full height, towering over the Shinlai beneath her stare, "Do I make myself clear?"

"Do you think making yourself look bigger will really make me--" she cut herself off with a light shake "Nevermind, just get it over with...and call me a baffoon again and i'll freeze your paws to the ground..." she mumbled the last half mostly to herself.
Back to top Go down
Alana
Admin
Alana

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:40 pm

A greedy smile crept across her lips when Linx tried to fight back, ""Do you think making yourself look bigger will really make me--". Satisfied, Brute turned and removed herself from Linx's path and continued on her own.

Ignoring whatever Linx had mumbled to herself, Brute cleared her throat and examined the area around them. "Right, anyway, now that's that is out of the way, let's get to the border." Pausing for a moment, she sniffed cautiously at the air when she felt a slight breeze ruffle her fur, "We're roughly a few miles out. Give or take."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Linx tagged along after, head down in defeat as Brute went along ahead, coming to a stop as she lift her snout up lightly to sniff the air.

"We're roughly a few miles out. Give or take."

"-WHERE- are we going?" was more of the question.
Back to top Go down
Alana
Admin
Alana

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:16 pm

Brute snorted when Linx bothered her with, well, the sound of her voice.

"WHERE are we going?" Linx impatiently asked.

She growled and continued to look through the shadows, "I'm guessing that Darius didn't inform you of our task at hand, which would explain your lack of understanding right now...." Turning to take a glance at Linx, Brute shook herself and said, "We're going to check the border between our territory, and theirs."

Determining the direction, Brute trotted off, "Let's go."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptySun May 29, 2011 5:58 am

"We're going to check the border between our territory, and theirs."

"Wait--theirs?" That managed to hit her curiosity and stop her 'bitching', she trotted after Brute, soon catching up to her and glancing up "Who's they?" she questioned as they walked.
Back to top Go down
Alana
Admin
Alana

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:00 pm

"Who's they?"

Brute, tired of all the questions and noise coming from the little Shinlai, whirled around and faced Linx. "Listen, you little vermin," she growled, "instead of pestering me, why don't you look around? You need to learn this territory, this is your new home. Isntead of talking, why don't you shut up and listen to the shadows around you? If the Circle isn't obeying the treaty, we could walking into a trap. So shut up, before I leave you here for the vultures."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:22 pm

"Listen, you little vermin," Linx flinched slightly with a snarl when Brute whirled back to face her "instead of pestering me, why don't you look around? You need to learn this territory, this is your new home. Isntead of talking, why don't you shut up and listen to the shadows around you? If the Circle isn't obeying the treaty, we could walking into a trap. So shut up, before I leave you here for the vultures."

"Th-The Cricle?" Her eyes snapped wide "Y-You don't mean the group of humans that goes about hunting shinlai..a-are you?" she questioned again with a light stutter in her words.
Back to top Go down
Alana
Admin
Alana

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:26 pm

Brute cocked her head when the little Shinlai began to stutter a little, noticing the panicked look on her face, she stopped walking and listened with a curious gaze. "Y-You don't mean the group of humans that goes about hunting shinlai..a-are you?"

She narrowed her eyes and leaned in a little closer to Linx, "You don't look so good, Linx." Brute stepped closer to the young female, Something's not right, I understand that the Circle would bring fear to any Shinlai, she thought, but this is different...

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:58 am

"You don't look so good, Linx."

Linx took in a breath to try and calm herself down, she had started shaking without even giving notice to it. "It's them isn't it?" she questioned the larger female who had failed to answer her previous question. "I-...I'm not going with you" she said with a shake to the head, with that, she turned and started to pad off in the direction they had came. No, it wasn't just a childish drama act, there was a reason to her fear of the Circle.
Back to top Go down
Alana
Admin
Alana

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:41 am

Brute felt a chill run across her pelt when she saw how Linx began to panick, ""It's them isn't it?" Shifting her weight, Brute opened her mouth to speak, but Linx interuppted.

""I-...I'm not going with you."

The young Shinlai turned and began to pad off in the direction they came from, leaving Brute wide-eyed and speechless. She straigtened up and opened her mouth to speak but a sudden and chill wind interuppted her. She could taste a reek scent on her tounge, its bitterness and stank made her shake in disgust. Ugh! What is that horrible smell? Brute thought, snorting as she tried to sniff at the air and determine the identity of the scent.

Wait.... Humans!

Brute flinched at the thought of humans in the forest this late at night, knowing it could only mean one thing.... The Circle! Without hestitation, Brute reared and lunged forward, kicking up mounds of dirt and racing towards the young Shinlai, she roared "Linx, go!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:30 am

"Linx, go!"

The younger shinlai turned back to encounter a running Brute. Why would she be in such a hurry? Everything seemed fine a while ago. Linx didn't waste time and did what she was told: Run. "What's going on?!" she shout up at Brute as they ran.
Back to top Go down
Alana
Admin
Alana

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 1:06 pm

The two Shinlai thundered across the forest floor, the rancid smell still stinging in Brute's senses. She ran around a bend the trees and with Linx on her heels, she called back, "We gotta get back to the mountain!" But when she glanced to the next bend ahead and spotted a dim light and the rancid scent stung her nose, Brute skidded to a halt, kicking up mounds of dirt and grass.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:08 pm

The two raced through the forest, Brute ahead, Linx following close behind

"We gotta get back to the mountain!" The large female should back at Linx, then came to an abrupt stop without any warning, causing Linx to smash in to her rear quarters. "Brute! At least a warning would be nice next time!" The smaller female complained to the other. Finally catching the scent in the air, she lift a paw to her muzzle. This seemed all but too familiar... She eyed the forest around them, ahead a dim light. "Torches...?" she sneered and settled her paw down "They're perpously trying to lure us in."

Back to top Go down
Alana
Admin
Alana

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Brute furrowed her brow and pursed her lips, eyeing the light ahead that taunted them. It seemed to bold for the Circle to throw up lights in the middle of a dark night, and it's not like Shinlai flock to them like bugs anyway. She craned her neck forward and hestitantly stepped forth, carefully placing each paw lightly on the path. Just maybe, Brute thought, signaling with her tail to keep Linx from following, I can get a little peek...

The human reek grew stronger as she neared the bend, the light flickering, obvoiusly a fire. She stopped right by the edge of the bend, trying to hide her large frame behind a tree. Carefully, she peered around the corner.

And sighed.

She spotted a small cart with a smelly old horse tethered to a tree beside it and a few humans gathered around a small campfire. Each decorated with bright colors, shining beads, and a disgusting smell coming from the food they shoved into their mouths. Gypsies.

Brute stepped back away from the smelly humans and glanced to Linx who stood where she left her, her eyes wide in curousity. Growling, she whispered quietly to her, "Just some dumb gypsies, let's flush them out."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:11 am

Linx fell behind as Brute went ahead to inspect the source of the light and smell, turning to face the smaller female after she had figured it out.

"Just some dumb gypsies, let's flush them out."

Linx snort "You have got to be kidding me. Were we really running for our lives because of some gypsies?" she nearly chuckled as she approached her. "However, that does sound like an interesting plan." Linx crouched and grinned wickedly, ready to pounce at Brute's command "Would you like to rush right on in and smash the place, or use a more subtil approach?"
Back to top Go down
Alana
Admin
Alana

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:02 am

Brute grinned at Linx's enthusiasm and glanced back to her, "Just follow my lead."

Without another word, Brute snorted and turned away, walking out onto the path and followed it around the bend. Linx followed behind her as they approached the Gypsies, the light from the fire revealing them as they stepped from the small clearing. The humans didn't notice them at first, but when Brute purposely stepped up a large branch, the loud craaaaack brought their small, beady eyes straight to them. Their mouths dropped at the sight of the two large Shinlai, one dropping their food in panic and scooting closer to another human.

A sinister smile crept across Brute's lips, her large canines glistening in the warm glow of the fire, "Why, would you look at this..." She growled, amused by the way the humans trembled before her and Linx, "There seems to be something in our territory, Linx."

She flashed her blue eyes to the smaller Shinlai beside her, "We can't let them make a mess on our land, can we?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:01 am

"Why, would you look at this...There seems to be something in our territory, Linx." Linx's face flashed a mischievous grin as she eyed the humans below them in turn,

"We can't let them make a mess on our land, can we?"

"I think they'll have to be punished for doing so" she spat in a half growl.

One of the humans got to their feet and took off in to the bush, Linx's grin suddenly fade as she watched the clumsy creature attempt to flee them. She chuckled "Wuss...." she snort "but--" she turned back to the rest of the group of gypsies. "-At least we still have these ones to play with" the grin crept back on to the female's face.
Back to top Go down
Alana
Admin
Alana

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 4:01 pm

Brute let out a hearty laugh when she spotted one of the humans scrambling to escape, "You can run, but you can't hide!" A sly grin crawled on her lips when Linx, too, noticed the human, and began to laugh herself. Hmm, Brute thought, watching Linx as she began to taunt the humans, you might not be so bad afterall....

Turning her attention back to the other humans cowering beneath her, Brute pawed at the ground and snorted as she lowered her head. One of the humans whimpered and leaned towards another, clutching their hand in the others. Brute smiled, adrenaline pouring through her body and making her shake with anticipation. A low growl rumbled deep in throat as she glanced up to the humans, "I'm giving you a headstart, you baffoons."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:09 pm

"I'm giving you a headstart, you baffoons." Brute commented in a low threatening growl.

Linx watched as the humans sat frozen, clung to eachother in pure fear. How deliciously amusing it was to watch them shake in their skin. "They hesitate" she growled, followed by a wicked smirk "How about no headstart?" the smirk quickly turned to a grin, the mischievous glint in the female's eyes was obvious. "SCAT!" she roared with a stomp to her front paw which caused the ground to shake lightly. Seemed to pull the creatures back to earth as they too scrambled all over themselves to run in to the bush. Linx snort, raising her head "Despite enjoying the reactions, I do think it was hardly worth the waste of breath." she squint in the direction they fled, the padded in to their camp inspecting the belongings, not really interested in giving chase. "Maybe next time we could play a nice game of catch" he turned back to Brute, sarcastically innocent look on her face.
Back to top Go down
Alana
Admin
Alana

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Linx's chuckled rank pleasing in Brute's ears, "They hesitate." The dark female then smirked, a sinister glow to her eyes, "How about no headstart?" Linx stomped the dirt road, a hearty roar pouring from gaping jaws as she yelled "SCAT!"

Pleased with Linx's show, Brute returned to a natural composure, her gleaming eyes watching Linx as she padded through the small human campsite, "Despite enjoying the reactions, I do think it was hardly worth the waste of breath. Maybe next time we could play a nice game of catch?" Brute lifted her head, a sasitified look on her face, very good, she thought, smiling down upon the new Darkblood Elite.

She stepped forward, lowering her head to sniff at whatever they had cooking over the fire. She snorted when the reek of human overwhelmed her, "Disgusting vile." She raised a paw and swatted the pot off its stand, sending the meal into the dirt, "How do they eat this stuff?" Brute glanced to Linx, "Check for any weapons. I don't want those in our territory."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain and the Circle   The Mountain and the Circle Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mountain and the Circle
Page 1 of 1