Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Heartbeat of an Old Loner

Go down 
+2
NthKaro
AirNado
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

Heartbeat of an Old Loner Empty
PostSubject: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:07 pm

Figure I'd get my rear end back in gear on the rp forum, an since Aborox is feeling a bit lonely, why not make a new rp for him to not be so lonely and cranky in XD.

Rules: Anyone may join.
Don't be rude.)

It is late morning, almost noon in the forest. The summer songbirds creating a chorus that echoes down from the tree tops to the forest floor, onto a large white shinlai, who seems to be wandering around, aimlessly through the brush.

Aborox swishes his long tail side to side as he walks, brushing up a cloud of small butterflies and bees from a patch of flowers he walks by. He has been wandering about in the forest for a few hours, and had to be pretty far from his home in the village. He didn't much mind wandering out though, since it gave him a chance to be quiet and relax, and give him a while to admire the forest's beauty. On a side note of that, he almosty feld sad while he wandered around. He was always reverting back to the loss of his elder, and his love that had been long gone. Somedays he had just wished to move on from the past and start over again, but he never did in fear that no one could ever care about him that way, minus a few of his close friends.. but even then, it wasn't the same.

He continued on down a long dirt path, one that he traveled often and headed forward in the direction he was going, thinking about his troubles and admiring what beauty he did have to look at for now.
Back to top Go down
http://decepticonprius.deviantart.com/
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:23 pm

(I have a 'lai, but I'm using my human here.)

It was a wonderful day to be in nature.

Lyle Riverrider walked along the forested path carrying a rather large bag. The bag contained a project for a friend of his father's, some carpenter in some far off village. Lyle hated going all over Elaisha just to do his father's bidding. His dad was a grown man, why didn't he do this stuff! Lyle's frustration came into play when a chipmunk ran across his path. He mentally growled at the creature as it reminded him of his empty stomach. The grumbling left him ready to keel over at any minute.

Lyle simply sighed, they was no use in fighting fate. It's only going to bite you harder later.
Back to top Go down
http://kyuubi-of-the-night.deviantart.com/
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:03 pm

(could I join? i don't have a shinlai I was waiting for a new rp to open up and I want to rp with an other human)

While trudging through the brush a hunter was looking to get his next meal. "I shot it it should be around here somewhere."
the hunter thought upon moving some brush he spotted a man on the road carrying a large bag. "Hey have you see a deer run by?"
he huffed out of breath from trudging through dense overgrowth "I shot a deer a short while ago and it scurried off in this direction."
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Such a wonderful day... The clouds drifted by in puffy white against a vast blue. Her legs swinging on both sides of a tree branch, her toes being tickled by the wind, Ruan Tu couldn't be happier. It was a good life, she thought, travelling from town to town, performing some tricks, knife juggling, magic, fill your tummy and move on. And then rest on places like this.
As if her thoughts were a sign, the peace was ruined.

The gentle rays of the sun were just about to make her drift of into sleep, when a large deer came crashing through the bush. Her eyes were large with panick and there was foam on her lips. Her ragged breath immediately pulled Ruan from her happy place. "Sweet mother of...!" The deer was shaking on her legs, obviously barely able to hold herself any longer. With a light tud, Ruan landed on the mossy floor. Now she could see the cause of the deers distress: A large arrow was sticking out, right between two ribs Ruan guessed. Large quantities of blood were gushing down, and she turned away her head in disgust. "Urgh. I'd say I'd help you, but I think you are quite far gone."

With a quick movement Ruan pulled out a knife and threw it right in the unsuspecting deers eye.
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:11 pm

(Partial human fest!)

"Ow! Shoot! Torn already? You've gotta be kidding me, I payed a ton for this stupid suit, it's supposed to be 'modern' and 'last forever'... Hmph." Xander Blackfoot mumbled and cursed under his breath as he walked along, pulling leaves out of his short brown hair and making a sad attempt to fix the new tear that ran down the side of his grey jacket. There would be time later to have it fixed back home, but this was the second time in the last few months that he'd managed to ruin new clothes.

Maybe he should have been concentrating on finding food, since it looked like he might not find a town any time too soon, but unless he was truely starving food wasn't usually the first thing on Xander's mind. Before long though he stumbled upon a couple of other people up ahead and came to a stop. Maybe there was a town nearby after all. It took a moment but he actually recognized one of the men. Excited, he forgot about staying quiet and called out, "LYLE! HEY, HEY LYLE IS THAT YOU?!" He waved his arms and ran over towards them. He and Lyle lived in the same town, they weren't really good friends, but Xander was just glad to see someone he recognized.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toadfoal.deviantart.com
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:22 pm

upon hearing the loud noises coming from the brush not too far the hunter run towards he noise "It finally collasped god be praised I won't lose it." The hunter pulled his short sword out to finish th deer only to find it dead, stabbed in the eye, "Did you do this?" the hunter asked puzzeled "Well thanks for saving me a lot of time and effort." "But..." the hunter paused "The deer isn't dead yet you'd need to stab in the back of the neck to be certain." the hunter crouched down and finished off the deer mercifully. The hunter wait a bit and began to carve the deer feeling grateful the hunter offered the woman some of the deer "Would you like to split the kill, after all you did bring it down?"...
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:56 pm

It was a nice throw, pity no-one saw it. The deer went through it's legs immediately. However, it looked as though it was still breathing and Ruan had absolutely no intentions of getting the job done. Thank heavens the actual murderer came swooping in by then. The man immediately began spilling a flood of words, relieving her of the task of actually saying something and finishing of the poor thing.

"Would you like to split the kill, after all you did bring it down?"

She managed not to wrinkle her nose in disgust. "Err, thanks but no thanks. It's all yours." An awkward silence, then: "You're here all on your own?"
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:45 pm

"Oh how rude of me I didn't ask who you where I was so grateful that I found the deer." the hunter explained "I wouldn't had any food for the trip home but a few herbs and trust me they aren't filling at all." the hunter turned toward the woman and smiled "I'm very grateful you just don't know how much." Ignoring the woman's look of disgust the hunter continued to carve when he finished carving he wrap the meat in the pelt of the animal "There still some meat incase you should change your mind." Remebering that the woman asked him was if he was alone "Why no I have a group who came with me they might of left I've haven't had the best of luck hunting."
then sighed "I forgot how long I was in the forest must have been a week maybe a week and a half?" he said shaking his head "Sorry still haven't gotten your name."
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:20 pm

As Aborox walked further down the path, his sensitive hearing picked up the sounds of faint voices. Obviously Humans, but he honestly couldn't bear to see the face of another human being. It wasn't untill after his incident with his friend Sarah that he didn't much care for them anymore, but they seemed to be a little ways away. He ignored them and continued walking untill another human voice erupted from behind him. A usual voice.. of the person he could care less to see. "Sarah..." Aborox grumbled and sat down on a fallen tree across the path. He could still hear the voices of the others, but he was too focused on the angry woman that had followed him out of his home to realise just how close the others were.

Sarah, a red headed woman leaped over a small bush to where the Earth Lai sat. She slid on the dirt, kicking up a cloud with her boots. She was a mask maker that Aborox knew from the village and was very close to other than thier arguement that morning.

"Sarah.. I told you to stay back there and leave me alone.." Aborox said, his eyes narrowing to get a better focus on the woman in front of him. "I told you to not follow me.. and you did.." He lowered his head. "Why did you not do what I asked, Sarah?" He frowned.

Sarah, seemingly tiny compared to the lai, walked up to him and pushed her palm against the end of his mask, getting in his face. "Because I told you not to leave the village.." She stomped her feet. Sarah wasn't one to argue with. She was very pretty, but very.. very stubborn, and she had a pretty bad temper.

Aborox sighed. "Sarah.. go back.."
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:20 pm

The scent of meat made her head woozy. A sigh of relief escaped her throat as he put the game in a bag.

"Sorry, still haven't gotten your name."

She laughed. "No, I am sorry. My name's Ruan. And you would be...?" She eyed him curiously. His clothes looked a little worn, and there were leaves in his hair. She worried what his companions were like. Well, not the time to be picky. Better to travel together then alone, right? And people usually didn't mind some entertainment round the campfire.

"Alright then! Care to introduce me to your friends?"
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Around the same time, the smell of a deer caught the attention of Tornado, a smaller Blue, Black and white Air lai. She was from the same village as Aborox, and very hungry. She had gone on a hunt that previous night and had no clue she would come back empty handed.. or more or less to come back with an empty stomach.

She came up next to a fairly large group of humans, the smell of the deer filling her nostrils.

"Hello." she sat down, unaware of Aborox and Sara's presence just a few meters away.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 4:11 pm

"Well I don't know the men personally, but they're pretty friendly" the hunter said "Plus the camp is like a day and a half walk away." the hunter pointed toward the northwest. "By the way the name is Jagter my name is ususal name for these parts." "Well I need to set up a camp and collect some fire wood you could watch my carvings while I collect firewood and other supplies." Jagter wonder if he could trust leave his few belongings with the woman. We'll setup camp in a clearing...
upon seeing the large beast jagter stood in freight for a second the realised it was a shinlai "Hello." Jagter had a few unpleasent run ins with shinlai in the past "Take the the deer carcass or what's left of it we want no trouble." Jagter backed away slowly
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Tornado looked at the man and lowered her head. " I couldn't just take it from you." She looked aside, her stomach getting to her, but around humans, she had to be careful. "I don't take things that aren't mine.." She paused and looked up. "I just smelled that deer and figured a poacher looking for a trophy had left something around here." She seemed to have much experience around humans, since she was so friendly to every human and Shinlai alike.

"I left my home last night to come out here and get something to eat, but there wasn't a deer, bird, raccoon in sight. Plus berries and fish didn't seem all that easy to find at night." She looked aside, then back at the man, who was backing up slowly. "My name is Tornado, or Nado for short. Don't worry about me, either, I have alot of human friends.. and I wouldn't do anything to hurt someone." She smiled widely.

As Aborox talked with Sarah in the back of the path, he heard the sound of Tornado's voice. He quickly shushed Sarah and listened to tornado talk. "My name is Tornado, or Nado for short. Don't worry about me, either, I have alot of human friends.. and I wouldn't do anything to hurt someone."

At this he stood up and walked into the clearing, which as of the moment, was a little too crowded what with the blue shinlai, and the humans. Sarah slowly followed Aborox and walk to the other humans. "Sorry about the scare, I didn't know there were any people out here too."
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Feeling bad for over reacting but still cautious Jagter pointed toward the deer carcass "I've had a few bad run with your kind but you don't seem to be like one of those types." "There are still a fair amount of meat and some organs meat left in the carcess." Jagter said. Trying to walk away quickly "Come on Ruan it's getting late the forest gets dangerous at night." Jagter beconed to Ruan...
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:29 am

"By the way the name is Jagter my name is ususal name for these parts."

"Nice to meet you Jagter." she said with a smile. Despite him being a hunter she quite liked him. She saw him eying her, still a little suspicious. "I'll take care of your stuff, don't worry." Suddenly, she saw his eyes widening and him taking a few steps back. His reaction on whatever was behind her frightened her and she spinned around, only to catch sight of the blue Shinlai. Relieved, Ruan let out a sigh. She'd seen this one in the village, although she didn't know her name.

Jagter seemed pretty scared though. He was still backing away, offering the shinlai the carcass and asking her to leave them along. Ruan rolled her eyes. If the lai had wanted something, she could just have taken it by force.

"My name is Tornado, or Nado for short. Don't worry about me, either, I have alot of human friends.. and I wouldn't do anything to hurt someone."

"Pleased to meet you Tornado. My name is Ruan and he is called Jagter. We were just going to make camp, but if you want you can join us for now. You can have my share of the meat." She looked at Jagter. "Is that okay? You offered me some, after all." she said with a wink. She quite liked the blue Shinlai. She seemed friendly and polite and Jagter was right when he beconed her to get moving.

"Think about it. It's perfect! You need some food, we need some protection: It's a win-win situation!"
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:40 pm

A big smile stretched upon Nado's face and her short, fluffy tail swished side to side like and excited dog would. She lay down so she could be at eye level with Ruan. "That would be great, but I honestly couldn't leave my home for another night." She looked behind the man called Jagter. Aborox, the enormous earth lai sat behind him with a very dis-pleased looking Sarah. "I didn't know you guys were out here too.. You aren't still mad, are you Sarah?" She asked the woman who stood by Aborox.

Sara walked up past Jagter, noticing him being a little skiddish of the Shinlai. "Don't worry about these two, Nado is friendlier than a puppy and Aborox is just an over grown teddy bear.. with a head made of rocks sometimes." She said looking back at Aborox, then forwards to Tornado. "Aborox left this morning looking for you.. since you hadn't come back last night."

Aborox sighed and lay down on his stomach, looking over to Jagter. "Why so skiddish?" He asked, forgetting the fact that he's a 12 foot tall monster compared to the humans.

Nado sighed and looked at Ruan. "As much as I'd like to come with you, There is a place I need to bee.. however you may come with us if you need a place to stay." Her face lit up again, and her tail slapped the ground. "Sara has a house with plenty of rooms in it for guests or people who pass through the village from time to time."
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:10 pm

With the present of another large shinlai made Jagter all the more nervous "Oh why I believe you about being friendly part but it's still a pretty big beast reguardless." jagter said with a concerned tone "No offense." he quickly added to no upset the shinlai feelings. "So you let complete strangers in your house?" Jagter questioned "Though the geasture is kind hearted isn't that dangerous?" Jagter said "And no thanks but don't shinlai live in the wild like...outside?" Jagter wonder if he had gone to far with what he said "I mean no offense."
Seeing that he was between to large shinlai he took a few steps away from the group towards Sarah "Please tell me why are their so
many shinlai here?" he said in a low voice to Sarah "Both these large beast are making me nervous could we go somewhere? Safer?"
Jagter said in an even lower voice clearly even though Jagter was a hunter being near large "animals" made him skiddish
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Tornado and Aborox didn't mind the nervous behaviour from humans, after all, this is why they weren't around very many at a time. Though Nado was much, much friendlier towards humans than Aborox was. They both lay in the dirt watching Sarah talk to Jagter.

She moved her hair from her face with a smile, understanding how one could be nervous around Shinlai. "Don't worry, both of them follow Daila.. and are usually in the company of humans.. even some who aren't as friendly as others." She pulled up her shorts and secured her belt, a large knife in it's sheath dangled from one of the belt's clips. "I'm a mask maker, and both Tornado and Aborox work with me to keep the town nice and safe." She grinned a moment and adjusted her collar. "Sometimes we have a few suspicious people come by, but I'm not sure if anyone would want to mess with a gargantuan hunk of muscle, or a person who is close to him.. that would just be stupid." She laughed and walked back to Aborox, motioning him to lower his head to her.

"They both share the hotel with me, and have thier own rooms.. well.. Nado does, since she's the only one who can fit into one." Sarah smiled. "And since so few people stop by, Aborox usually stays in the lobby with me." She said, climbing up onto Aborox's neck, something she almost never did unless extremely tired.

He in return lifted his head and stood up, Tornado too.

"If you guys want to come back with us, you can follow Tornado.. she'll bring you there.. but it's your choice." She shrugged her shoulders.
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:24 am

((May I join with my goofy lug Ahaloh?))
Back to top Go down
http://distortedgirl66.deviantart.com
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 2:00 pm

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss))
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Nado smiled widely, looking so cute that Ruan just wanted to hug her. She looked like a ridiculously large blue puppy. Jagter still didn't seem very convinced though, eyes flitting from side to side nervously. He obviously wasn't comfortable around them. The woman called Sarah seemed very nice though, and she didn't seem like one to kill them and rob their money either.

"Please tell me why are their so many shinlai here? Both these large beast are making me nervous could we go somewhere? Safer?"

Jagter had sneaked some closer, lowering his voice and obviously expecting the Shinlai not to hear. Well, maybe they couldn't, with their ears cut of and all, Ruan thought. His skiddish behaviour made her laugh. "Are you a brave hunter or what?! There are so many Lai's here because there is a village near where they, obviously, live. As to answer your second question: These guys just offered us a night in a hotel. How safe do you want it?"

In her exitement she became a little overly enthousiastic, not really looking at Jagter's reaction anymore. She turned to the Shinlai, smiling widely, and walked towards Nado. "Come on Jagter!" She called over her shoulder before facing Sarah. "I would be most delighted to accept your offer." Looking up at Nado she hesitated for a second. "Am... Can... Should I sit on your back as well?"

(Fine by me! The more the merrier!)
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:27 pm

(I'm debating how long I should have Xander wait for Lyle's reply...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.toadfoal.deviantart.com
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Ahaloh was running, his size and weight made the ground tremble beneath his paws. Right now he had only one thing in mind and that was his prey. It was smaller and could navigate the foliage better than he could, but small bursts of flame helped clear his path and kept him from having to slow his pace. The deer darted quickly two and fro between the trees, fleeing for saftey from the vicious beast behind its feet. Soon they were in the open, a sudden clearing in the forests dense terrain and he knew this was his chance. With a slight roar of joy he took a few faster paces before leaping digging his nails into the back flanks of the deer. Once it was pinned he killed it quickly, he enjoyed the hunt, he enjoyed the food, but he didn't enjoy his prey suffering. At this point he didn't even care to see if anyone was around, he was starving and this meal was to be his first in almost a week.
Back to top Go down
http://distortedgirl66.deviantart.com
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:51 am

"Well maybe I've been in the forest to long I've grown cautionus of other people." Jagter said regain his composture. "It just that we are supposely entirely under their mercy." "While I think these shinlai are nice and all, but still mistakes can happen pets have hurt people before by accident." Jagter looked at both shinlai and turned to Ruan "I am brave" he said taking a breath and sigh "but even the most extraordinary bear is out classed by even a common shinlai my concern is well with reason." As a hunter Jagter had to always think about worse case senerio about ever situation he couldn't let his guard down for a moment. "Well a nice bed is tempting but I'd won't be able to stay very long I'd have to meet up with my hunting party." he paused "You said that shinlai live in the villiage?"
Jagter said in puzzelment "Are they living in houses too?" this idea of large beast living civilised inside a home amused somewhat Jagter "Do they wear clothes too?" he added as to tease them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heartbeat of an Old Loner   Heartbeat of an Old Loner Empty

Back to top Go down

Heartbeat of an Old Loner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: The Pen and the Mask :: The Old Records-
Jump to: