Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Waterfall Glade

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:01 pm

This Rp be for:
Forrgotenrose (Thats meeee!!!)
Saphy with her purdy Linx

And if they would like to join (but you don’t have to if you don’t want to) Alana and Rondun may join with one of their DB Shinlai c:

This is mainly for Lycu and Linx to become mates. Mean Lycu can stop stalking her at least >>

No rules, other than ‘you kill it, you pay for it.’

----------------------------------------

It was autumn. The skies were clear and it hadn’t rained in days. The sun was high in the soft blue sky, is hot light offering warmth to those not fond of the cool brisk air. The tall sturdy trees, normally decked out in rich vibrant green leaves, were covered in warm tones of red, orange and browns. The forest floor was carpeted in large crunchy leaves from the surrounding chestnut and oak trees, their soft crunch sounding through the forest as a herd of red deer made their way towards a large clearing, by a towering cliff. The sandstone wall towered above even the tallest of trees in the forest. Vines and creepers crawled across the cliff face, concealing many nooks at crannies dotted across the precipice. There was the shrill cry of an eagle which launched its self from its lofty perch, plummeting several feet before fairing its wings and soaring into the sky. The birdsong which had been sounding through the forest faltered slightly at the eagles call, but resumed their cheerful singing. Interrupted only by the soft noise of the deer herd moving into the large clearing, the leader, a large stag with huge antlers, entered the clearing first, stopping to sniff the air, his keen brown eyes scanning the glade for any signs of danger.

A wide brook babbled through the centre of the clearing, splitting the glade almost in half. At the base of the cliff a large deep pool had formed, its crystal clear waters sparking in the weak light of the sun. Fish darted to and fro with in the depths of the water, occasionally darting to the surface to catch a fly too close to the water. The pool would have been smooth and tranquil if it wasn’t for the waterfall. From high above the brook water poured off the edge of the cliff, plummeting towards the forest floor and into the pool, creating a bubbling and foaming cauldron of water. The further away from the cascade the smoother the water became. Behind the waterfall was a large overhang, concealed by the hanging vines. Boulders and rocks littered the brook edge, slowly shrinking in size until merely gravel on the stream bed. Further down the brook, the waters deepened and widened, becoming a river. The water rumbled over large rocks on the river bed, creating large rapids, dangerous to anyone attempting to cross them.

The stag gazed around the clearing, noticing a large pale shape atop a boulder on the other side of the brook. A large silver Shinlai was sprawled on one side, not moving, its eyes closed. After a moment the stag moved into the clearing a wary eye on the Shinlai. It wasn’t long before the fresh green grass distracted him and the herd, and they set about grazing.

Atop the boulder the Shinlai’s eyes slid open. He had smelt the deer enter the clearing but thought nothing of it. He slowly raised his head and eyed the herd. The stag instantly catching his attention, the impressive antlers were a fine display, even when lowered to graze. He rested his head on his gloved front paws and watched with keen interest. While he wasn’t hungry right now, the herd may cater for his needs later on. The stag seemed to feel the burning orange stare and slowly raised its head to look at him. Soft brown eyes stared at bright orange eyes. Minutes passed of the two males staring at each other. With a soft snort Lycu looked away from them. He’d find a use for the stag later, for now he didn’t want to scare them off.

His mind drifted back to his earlier thoughts. Pondering about what he had to do later on, both in his line of work and his private life. He rested his head on his paws again staring off into the forest. In the corner of his eye shadowy things moved, vanishing when he looked towards them. He sighed quietly to himself, he’d managed quite a while without the voices or the shades. They only appeared when he was stressed about something. To distract himself he hooked the buzzard skull necklace and inspected it closely, studying each dip and bump, trying not to think of the shadows.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Anonymous

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 5:30 pm

A shadowy figure moved silently inbetween the trees. It was none other than Linx Bobtail, the female Darkblood Elite. Crouched, stalking, paw after paw with a feather light step--CRUNCH--....Well that was until the leaves crunched loudly under her paws, causing the deer to blot off across the clearing in to the forest. Linx chased out after them, quickly coming to a stop in the center of the clearing when she realized they were too ahead. "Dammit" she cursed with a growl, not pleased in the least by her own careless performance in a hunt. Linx looked up at the clear sky as a breeze ran through her fur "Mmm" she shut her eyed and hummed.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 6:17 pm

There was a crunch of leaves, making Lycu’s head snap up. His eyes darted around the clearing, trying to locate the source of the noise, and widened in surprise. Linx was stood right there. He stared blankly for a moment, absolutely no idea what to do. He gave his head a quick shape and pushed himself to his feet, leaping lightly onto the ground. He padded round the rocks and slowed to a stop on one side of the river, wiggling his toes in the cool water. With a few long bounds he cleared the river and slowed to a stop.

Softly clearing his throat, he dropped into his usual deep bow to Linx, one paw streached out, one paw tucked up to his chest. “Good morning Linx.” He said calmly, still in his bow. “And what would an Elite such as yourself, be doing out here..?” Glad his voice was steady, even if he didn’t feel like it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:00 pm

Linx snapped back too earth as the voice flew through the air. She jolt to the side "Good God, Lycuvayu. You scared the living death out of me." she let out a huffed sigh and eyed the silver shinlai, brow raised "Get up, get up" she gestured with her paw "I'm pretty sure we've gotten over the formalities, no?" she continued to watch him "I didn't realize anyone else was around. Suppose my heart isn't the only thing going out on me." she snort to herself.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:21 pm

Lycu crouched slightly startled as Linx jerked to the side. He hadn’t meant to startle her, despite how much fun it could be. He straightened up at her commanded, still holding his head slightly lower than normal. “Formalities yes, we’re past them. Politeness on the other hand, I prefer that to stick around.” He said with a toothy grin. His grin faded slightly at the mention of her heart going, but dismissed it, he was curious yes, but going to pry? No. Not with Linx. He might be a mast of eavesdropping, but to pry on his superiors? No, that was crossing the line.

“So, other than me startling you. How are you?” He asked with a slight purr to his voice.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:35 pm

“So, other than me startling you. How are you?”

"Famished." She replied looking off toward where the heard and run off to. "It's a shame, those deer looked rather delicious. Suppose I will have to contempt myself with fish though." she turned her glance back at Lycu "How about you my darling Lycuvayu?" she smirked. Poor thing always seemed so tense, lightning the mood didn't seem like such a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Lycu looked in the direction the deer had gone. Thinking about the large buck with those antlers... Without mentioning it to Linx, he sent a little gust of air that way. Using it to feel for the deer. “Well, there’s plenty of fish in the pool.” He said indicating towards it. “I’m sure some will be easy to catch.” He said, looking over at them

"How about you my darling Lycuvayu?" She said.

Lycu almost choked, but contained himself so it looked as though he was clearing his throat. He turned back to look at her, smiling broadly. “I’m quite alright thank you.” He said a little more cheerful than he normally was. But then again he was trying to hide the fact he was nervous.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 12:49 pm

“Well, there’s plenty of fish in the pool. I’m sure some will be easy to catch.”

"I'm sure they will. Afterall, I am able to manipulate water. Or have you forgotten?" she smiled

“I’m quite alright thank you.”

She chuckled "Excellent. Let's get a move on then. I'm pretty sure Brute can handle Silas and Denton by herself while i'm away. Aside from that, they're big boys now." She trot past Lycu
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:36 pm

He smiled back at her. “How could I forget?” He said, “And I’m sure Brute will cope with them. But will they cope with her?” He said with a low rumble of a chuckle.

As she trotted past he turned and followed beside her, trying not to bump her with his swaggering gait, large paws swinging round with each step. “Hmm.” He hummed to himself, trying to think of something to talk about. He glanced at her before looking to the forest again. “You look nice today...” He said, albeit slightly awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 9:12 am

“And I’m sure Brute will cope with them. But will they cope with her?”

"I've taught them well" she mused and continue to walk ahead delighted.

“You look nice today...” Lycu commented pretty much out of nowhere. Linx came to an abrupt stop and turned to face the silver male, brow raised, slight, somewhat sarcastic smile "Excuse me?" It wasn't exactly like Lycu to throw compliments around.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:30 pm

‘What the heck was that?’ A voice exclaimed loudly in his head ‘Is that the best you can do? ‘You look nice.’ In the name of Darius I thought you’d be able to up with something better than that Lycu. What’s she-Aw crap she’s looking at me!’ Lycu thought franticly to himself. He looked back at her, quickly fixing his vaguely panicked expression into his usual smile.

“Am I not allowed to flatter a lady?” He asked coolly, stopping too and swinging his head around to look at her. “I’m sure I can find some other way to flatter you, if you wish...” He said, his grin broadening slightly, taking a half step towards her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 6:36 pm

“Am I not allowed to flatter a lady? I’m sure I can find some other way to flatter you, if you wish...”

"I highly doubt i'm worthy of your flattery, Lycu. However, you'll flatter me if you help catch a fish. ir two." she nudged the silver shinlai with her head and bolt towards the waterfall and the pool that formed under it.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 6:49 pm

He smiled as she nudged him and ran towards the pool. “You are.” He said quietly before running after her. He splashed into the shallows, tilting his head, inspecting the waters, before glancing over at Linx with a grin and diving into the water.

He swam around before surfacing and rolling onto his back. He grinned broadly at her and flicked water towards her with his tail. “Care to join me?” He offered. He was already flexing his claws, ready to go after the fish.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Linx stopped before hitting the water as Lycu decided to zoom past her and leap in to the shallows, then taking a dive, rolling on to his back with elegance.
"Are you positive you are not a water shinlai?" she mused a brow raised.

“Care to join me?” Lycu questioned. Linx took a look a round. She was sure she had been here before. Ah yes, with Elijah. "I don't see why not" she padded in to the cool water and sleekly took a dive when it got deep enough, coming up to the surface a moment later with a contempt purr.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Lycu grinned again. “My father was. He taught me allot about swimming and hunting fish.” He said. “We thought I’d end up water, like him.” His face fell to a dark look, but he shook it off.

When Linx surfaced he rolled onto his front again, giving her a light nudge with his nose before diving, orb like eyes blinking in the cool clear water. He could see a small shoal of fish near the churning water of the waterfall, and he dived deeper, circling around behind them. Eyes scanning the area for Linx.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 8:47 pm

“My father was. He taught me allot about swimming and hunting fish. We thought I’d end up water, like him.” lycu fell silent, as if he had cut himself off, expression shifting from cheery to rather dark, but he quickly shook it off, though this did not go unnoticed by the female. She decided not to instigate and watched the water as Lycu dived. She followed, eyes scanning the water until she grasped sight of a decent sized fish. Moving her paw to a curl, the water within the fish's body began to freeze. It was amusing as the thing seemed to bloat a little and come to a stop. She dove down further and pulled the fish back up to the surface.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 5:17 pm

He was starting to run out of air. With a powerful swipe of his tail he drove through the water, catching one fish in his mouth, and swiping at another. Managing to grab its tail and drag it back to him. He quickly swam to the surface, dropping the fish into his paw and gasping for air. He gave his head a sharp shake, his horn trinkets clinking, and swum to the shore. He dropped the fish onto the bank, giving his fur another shake.

He watched as Linx surfaced with a frozen fish. He grinned and waded into deeper water, until he was swimming with only his horns showing above the water. As he neared her, he put on a burst of speed, wrapping his arms around her and forwards rolling, resulting in Linx being spun onto her back.

Lycu didn’t hold on to her for long, letting go of her and darted a little way off, with a rather childish laugh.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Linx shook her head to rid her fur of the water, not avoiding a chuckle and a splash back at Lycu "Sometimes you have the mental faculties of a pup, don't you?" she mused and took the frozen fish in her maw, swimming back to shore. Once there, another dog-like shake of the fur threw water in all directions. Linx opened her mouth to let the fish fall, yet the thing was stuck to her tongue. She laughed and stuck her tongue out further, turning to Lycu "Blehhhh" another chuckle, before crunching the fish in her teeth. Mmm fish-sickle.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Lycu grinned over at her. “As far as I’m aware there’s nothing wrong with that.” He said with a chuckle. He swam slowly after her, suppressing a chuckle as her short tail would occasionally bob above the water. As she stuck her tongue out with the fish stuck to it Lycu laughed, standing up in the shallows and giving his fur a light shake. “And you call me pup like.” He said with a shake of his head. “Hmm, crunchy.” He added, before nudging the other fish towards her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:59 pm

“And you call me pup like.” Lycu spoke

"As far as I’m aware there’s nothing wrong with that.” She licked her maw with a smirk reciting Lycu's own words back at him. Linx sat, taking a glance down at the fish as Lycu pushed it lightly towards her "Aren't you going to eat?" she questioned, lifting her eyes back at him.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:04 pm

Lycu chuckled, and settled down on the bank, folding his gloved paws over one another. “No, I caught them for you.” He said, smiling and tilting his head slightly to one side, looking back up at her. “And say, you were the one chasing the deer...”

(LOL Short)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:52 pm

“And say, you were the one chasing the deer...” Lycu said with a tilt to the head.

"Well, I'm not going to let you starve. Plus it's not polite for me to be eating and you to watch." She threw the fish back at his feet "Besides, i'm sure there are plenty more where that came from. Less you want to go deer hunting."

(damn you short posts OTL
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:42 pm

"Besides, I'm sure there are plenty more where that came from. Less you want to go deer hunting." She said, flinging a fish back to him.

“I like deer hunting, its fun to watch them run...” He said absentmindedly. He chewed on the fish hastily, nerves getting to him as he thought about what he wanted to say. He finished the fish in record time and sat twiddling his claws, glancing at Linx, across the river, down at his paws before sneaking a few glances at Linx.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Linx blinked with a brow raised. Damn, that was fast. A quick shake to the head, before settling down in a cat-like crouch, paws tucked neatly against her chest. "You seem a bit on the apprehensive side, Lycu. Is something the matter?" an unavoidable question to the silver male's behavior.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:05 pm

"You seem a bit on the apprehensive side, Lycu. Is something the matter?"

Lycu stopped fidgeting, looking straight ahead, as if avoiding eye contact would make it better. “I’ve, uh, been meaning to ask you something for a while now.” He said slowly. “But it’s never been a very good time, or the right moment.” He said, almost stalling.

He glanced to her from the corner of his eye, taking a deep breath to try and calm himself. “Would you be my mate?” He said. The words coming out in a rush.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Waterfall Glade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterfall Glade   Waterfall Glade Empty

Back to top Go down

Waterfall Glade
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: Grab your masks, it's RP time :: The Library - Storyline Roleplay-
Jump to: