Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

The Stormbringer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

The Stormbringer Empty
PostSubject: The Stormbringer   The Stormbringer EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:53 pm

(This is a script format roleplay, and is to be written in the script format, however, try to keep your posts from being one-two lined. Make them detailed and descriptive, use lots of dialouge, and above all, make sure it makes sense in terms of grammar. All posts to the rp should be written in present-tense. Also, since I went about and decided against mating Tornado and Aborox, they are both single, just very close friends. They are both looking for mates too. Have fun!)

Tornado: *She is walking through the woods alongside a river, in search of food. She feels a little un-stable due to her keen connection with the wind and air around her, and she knows that something is not right with the atmosphere.* ... *She remains quiet other than the slight sound of her breathing and her footsteps in the shores of small pebbles and shells. The sky is still fairly nice with cloud cover, as she sees through the water's reflection, but something bad is headed it's way to her.*

Aborox: *He follows closely behind Nado, watching her patroll the river for a quick meal. He watched her footsteps and listens to her breathing, noting that she seems to feel very un-comfortable with something.* What's bothering you? *Aborox walks up closer behind her, but not too close.*

Tornado: I just have that bad feeling that something is coming our way- I can feel it in the air.. *She stops dead in her tracks to look at him, her eyes, which were usually bright and glowing with life, now filled with ice and fear.*

Aborox: *He only looks at Tornado while she speaks with a voice full of worry and- anxiety? Aborox questions his judgements, but this was very alien for the blue Shinlai to act this way.* What would be coming through here, besides a regular thunderstorm? *He swishes his tail side to side and looks at her again*

Tornado: *She jumps into the river after a mallard, not really wanting to answer Aborox's question.. more or less she only needed him around to make sure that there would be no panicking Lai around to cause trouble with her, though there were bound to be other Shinlai around now with all her splashing and talking.*
Back to top Go down
http://decepticonprius.deviantart.com/
Cheval4
Pack Member
Cheval4

The Stormbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stormbringer   The Stormbringer EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:56 pm

~First RP Post Reply thing so here goes nothiiing~
Tornado: *She jumps into the river after a mallard, not really wanting to answer Aborox's question.. more or less she only needed him around to make sure that there would be no panicking Lai around to cause trouble with her, though there were bound to be other Shinlai around now with all her splashing and talking.*

Varne: *He is strolling through the woodlands near the river in search of something to drink, ranting to a small version of the Beast as he goes. He's crabby because he hates the humidity and the bad weather of the past few days.* You know I hate the rain! It smells like rain here. And it's damp and cold! I'm covered in mud and Daila knows what else! It's just rain, rain, rain. Every second of every day! How can I work the crowds if I can't even sustain a proper flame? Argh! *The large Shinlai snarls in frustration as the ferns and dead leaves under his feet start to sizzle and burn. The mud around him hardens into a thin, brown shell from the sudden heat, temporarily trapping his paws. This only worsens his temper. He bellows with and rips his feet from the earth, stumbling back into a bush. The small Beast fizzles out from the temporary loss of control.* When will my sun come out? This humidity is driving me insane! *Varne snorts with defeat. As he starts to heave his heavy body up, he freezes. There others were close by. He shrugged and continued on. They didn't really sound like a bunch of Darkbloods, so he figured there wasn't anything wrong with passing by. He elbowed his way through some ferns. The two Shinlai froze.
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

The Stormbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stormbringer   The Stormbringer EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:17 pm

Aborox: *He lays down on the pebble covered riverbanks, watching Tornado chase after the green-headed duck, finding it saddening, because of his love of nature- but humerous in a way since the duck put up quite a ga,e of cat and mouse with Nado- or in this case, Shinlai and Mallard. He laughs slightly and shakes his massive head.* Mallards are quick swimmers and can take off quite quickly in the water.

Tornado: *She growls in frustration before pushing her legs back and thrusting herself, and her open maw forward, clamping down onto the body of the bird. The duck let's out a horrid sound as it is killed, but more from suprise than pain. Tornado doesn't hesitate to swallow the bird, and quick.* Well, it wasn't really fast enough- *She pauses, hearing the sound of sizzling in the background in the woods. She ignores it, for now anyways.* Well, if the duck was able to fly away, why didn't it?

Aborox: *he hears the sizzling of leaves as well and turns around, spotting a flash of red fur behind some bushes. His turn alerts Tornado, and she too, turns to see the red Shinlai male come from the bushes* Hello. I am Aborox, and out there is Tornado. We're from a village a few miles out from here- *He pauses and looks over the male again.* I've not seen you before around here. What's your name, and where are you from?
Back to top Go down
Cheval4
Pack Member
Cheval4

The Stormbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stormbringer   The Stormbringer EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Aborox: *he hears the sizzling of leaves as well and turns around, spotting a flash of red fur behind some bushes. His turn alerts Tornado, and she too, turns to see the red Shinlai male come from the bushes* Hello. I am Aborox, and out there is Tornado. We're from a village a few miles out from here- *He pauses and looks over the male again.* I've not seen you before around here. What's your name, and where are you from?

Varne: *His golden eyes flicker between the river, the large white male and the blue female. He chuckles, the blue female seems to be quite the looker.* Greetings, Tornado and Aborox. I am Varne Ardor, and I've been traveling throughout Eliasha for quite some time. So you could say that my home is a little bit of everywhere. *He winks at Tornado, who does not seem impressed.* My Fire and I, we perform for money in towns and the like. Humans especially, they love my tricks. But I'm just here for a refreshing drink on a terribly humid day. Horrible, ain't it? The feeling of all that thick, putrid air. Makes me tire twice as quickly as I normally would. *He shakes his head, grimacing, and clicks his tongue.* I'm just trying to ride out the storm, or whatever it is that's coming and get to that village. Say, are there many humans there? Do you think there's a vendor that sells pie? I love pie. There's nothing better. Such deliciousness. *He licks his lips as a dreamy look overtakes his eyes.* Say, if you don't mind me asking... *He looks wary now, shifting his weight.* What's your allegiance? I mean, um, not trying to be rude and stuff, I just. Um. Was curious. ...I'm Dailan by the way. *He speaks very fast, clearly uncomfortable with such a personal question. A certain nervousness overtakes his confident appearance.*
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

The Stormbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stormbringer   The Stormbringer EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Aborox: *He flickered his eyes to the side and shot a glance at Tornado, who stood in the river, staring at the red Lai who was talking to him.* Well, We follow Daila, and come from an entire village who follows her and her ways. We are all welcome to outsiders, passer-bys, or anyone who has lost thier way. No matter, we are all accepting to others.

Tornado: *She continued to slosh around in the water, listening to the male's conversation while stalking some fish* Unless Sarah has made herself a meal without us, we aren't a big enough a town to have vendors.. not for pies at least. *She puts her face close to the water's surface* Mainly fix, plants, clothing... oh and masks. *She smashes her maw into the water and bites into a fish*

Aborox: *He shakes his head* She's just uneasy- Probably about this.. storm you say?
Back to top Go down
Cheval4
Pack Member
Cheval4

The Stormbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stormbringer   The Stormbringer EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:26 pm

Aborox: Well, We follow Daila, and come from an entire village who follows her and her ways. We are all welcome to outsiders, passer-bys, or anyone who has lost thier way. No matter, we are all accepting to others.

Varne: *He instantly relaxes after hearing the cream-colored male speak. Thank goodness for Dailans.* Aah, what wonderful news to hear! I was afraid you might be looking for a fight- I've heard grave news about Darkbloods' violence and their unpredictable antics. Especially the Kordeth sons. *He shakes his head.* Anyways, I'm glad to hear of this village. Very glad. *He gives a relieved smile and walks to the river, leaning down to have a drink of water.*

Tornado: Unless Sarah has made herself a meal without us, we aren't a big enough a town to have vendors.. not for pies at least. Mainly fix, plants, clothing... oh and masks.

Varne: *Varne lifts his head from the water, licking his lips and revealing a wide, purplish maw.* Ah. I see. Oh well. *He shrugs, then pauses for a moment and cocks his head slightly.* ...If I may ask, who is this Sarah? *He lowers his head again to lap up more water, though his eyes never leave Tornado.*

Aborox: She's just uneasy- Probably about this.. storm you say?

Varne: Well, yes. I suppose there'll be a storm. I mean, you can feel the pressure in the air. And the humidity, like I mentioned before. *He grimaces slightly and raises his head to look Aborox in the eyes. He didn't want to come off as dishonest.* I'm not entirely sure what's happening, to be honest with you, Aborox. *He mused.* I don't really know much about weather and stuff. I just guess and ask around. Fire, however... *He grinned.* ...Is my area of expertise.
Back to top Go down
Zukuro
Friend of NooNoo
Zukuro

The Stormbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stormbringer   The Stormbringer EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 12:30 am

Lynn: * the increase in pressure and humidity was making his bones ache a bit but no more then he was used to, as he walked his back right leg gimped every step, the brace never letting the leg over extend also made it harder to bend, watching the ground as he walked he almost didn't notice the group he was about to run into.*..... *he coughs suddenly, having to stop and clear his throat with wheezy gasps *
Back to top Go down
http://zukuro.deviantart.com/
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

The Stormbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stormbringer   The Stormbringer EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 12:42 am

Aborox: *He smiles and looks at the red male again as he speaks* Of course not. My village is a peaceful one- unless we are tampered with. *he cocks his head* Some of the strongest Shinlai- and humans live in my small home town, but as said, unless messed with, we will do nothing to you. *he listens carefully as Tornado curses under her breath*

Tornado: *She looks up as the sound of crunching leaves catches her interest for a moment.* Well- Sarah is a mask maker that lives in our town. *She sloshes through the water to the shore, her body thinner from her fur being watered down* She raised me seprate from my brother and is the one who masked me with this mask.

Aborox: *He too hears the crunching sound and stands up, looking to see if he can see anyone, curious if this Varne had been tricking them and brought friends, but the scent was familiar to him- somehow.*

Tornado: *She shakes herself and air-dries her body off by concentrating her air manipulating abilities. It whistles a shrill sound then stops, the air becoming cooler around her*
Back to top Go down
Zukuro
Friend of NooNoo
Zukuro

The Stormbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stormbringer   The Stormbringer EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 1:10 am

Lynn: * with his throat clear he shakes his head slightly and takes a few steps forward when suddenly he notices the group as he rounds a large boulder* mm * he tries hard to focus in the light, usually he only comes out at dusk or in low light days to avoid burning his eyes, he squints and stretches his neck forward to see them better as he approaches *
Back to top Go down
Cheval4
Pack Member
Cheval4

The Stormbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stormbringer   The Stormbringer EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:11 pm

(Ahhfffff! I've fallen behind! D8 )

Varne: Ah, I see! Raised by humans... that's quite intriguing! I haven't had much contact with them myself... *He whirls his head around at the sound of leaves being trampled. The aroma of an unfamiliar male fills his nostrils. Varne narrows his eyes, frowning with suspicion and worry. The red male looks from Aborox to Tornado and back again.* ...Someone you know? *He asks, gritting his teeth. He desperately tries to retain a peaceful and civil air, but it isn't really working. The fear of a fight in this weather, and near water, and near a powerful Air Lai worries him.* Aborox, you seem like a peaceful fellow, but I'm not looking for trouble. If you've got someone back there... *Varne is cut off as another Shinlai emerges from behind a rock. A very scraggly-looking fellow, his exotic eyes, similar to Varne's but icy blue, squinting in the light. Varne wondered if this Shinlai was somehow nocturnal. He looked unwell.* Hello there. Interesting weather we're having, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

The Stormbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stormbringer   The Stormbringer EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:49 pm

Aborox: *He looks over to his side where the thin blue shinlai emerges from the bushes. He though that this lai was familiar somehow.* Ahh Lynn, pleasant suprise seeing you here.. *He smiled and nodded to the blue lai then looked back at Varne* Oh, This is a good friend of ours. He's not really one to get agressive.. and yes.. I am the most peaceful of the three of us.

Tornado: *Her eyes widened and a smile streched on her face as Lynn showed up* Lynn! *She ran over to him and sit on the ground beside him.* What are you doing out here by the river? *Her worries of the storm vanished- for now, but they would come back shortly as the clouds started to grow darker and turn day into night*

Aborox: *He tilted his head towards the blackening clouds, then looked back at Varne* It's starting to worry me now.. Nado is just more sensative to the weather than we are. Possibly you would like to come back to our village and wait out the storm. It would be best to not leave you here, well, much safer..
Back to top Go down
Zukuro
Friend of NooNoo
Zukuro

The Stormbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stormbringer   The Stormbringer EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:07 pm

Lynn's squinted eyed widened, he was sure he wasn't seeing things now, his lips curled to a smile and he purred softly as the lovely blue Lai sat next to him. " I was watching a pair of ducks until the sun was not so bright." he answered simply in his usual horse tone.

he looked up at Aborox and the new shinlai "I apologize for the start, I tend to be rather quiet" he said with a wheeze before he sat down with his braced leg in a semi sprawl as per usual. he curled his tail floof back behind Nado and surely the blush was visible even on his burnt eye bags.
Back to top Go down
Cheval4
Pack Member
Cheval4

The Stormbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stormbringer   The Stormbringer EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 4:01 pm

(I'm so sorry for the inactivity guys, I've been really distracted lately. ;; A total fail on my part. Also LOL LYNN YOU'RE AWKWARD<333)

Aborox: Oh, This is a good friend of ours. He's not really one to get aggressive.. and yes.. I am the most peaceful of the three of us.

Varne: Ohhhh! *He sighs with relief.* I see. Good. *His eyes widen a bit as Nado snuggles up to the blue male. Uhh, whoops. I guess she's with that newcomer. Lucky guy. He really had to get updated on which females had mates and who were the single ladies. He decided not to pay much mind to the couple and sniffed the air. Still humid and horrible, but now the clouds seemed to grow more ominous by the minute. He noticed Aborox was facing him and turned to do the same.*

Aborox: It's starting to worry me now.. Nado is just more sensitive to the weather than we are. Possibly you would like to come back to our village and wait out the storm. It would be best to not leave you here, well, much safer..

Varne: *Varne is taken aback by this Lai's generosity.* That's interesting, I've never seen a Shinlai of Air with such a deep... well, connection, I suppose- to the weather. ...And, yes, I absolutely would be honored to stay with you. Thank you so much. *He gives a huge grin and wags his tail a bit.* But what can I do for you in return...? *He jumps up, fluffing up his fur with excitement and thrilled with his latest [strike}]insane[/strike] brilliant idea.* You three aren't afraid of fire, aare youuu?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Stormbringer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stormbringer   The Stormbringer Empty

Back to top Go down

The Stormbringer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: The Pen and the Mask :: The Old Records-
Jump to: