Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

In the Sinking City

Go down 
+3
Silveera
Forrgotenrose
Blue
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

In the Sinking City Empty
PostSubject: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:11 am

Rules:

-Not really too many rules this time around. I think no killing other people's characters is rather obvious yes?
-Anyone is allowed to join, be them human, Shinlai, Darkblood, Dalian, etc.

Setting:

This rp takes after the "Thick as Thieves" rp in the Library. Same city and surrounding area. Various canals thread through the city. If I had to compare it to someplace, I would say Venice, Italy.

------

The golden glow of the rising sun was only just visible in the Eastern sky. The pitch black of night was slowly changing to the darkest blue, then a lighter one, and slowly the sky turned to pink. Soft shadows were cast by the buildings of the neighboring city. The last glimmering stars reflected cheerily on the water.

La Volpe's eyes flickered open as soon as the sun broke the horizon. He rubbed a paw over his eyes, he only slept... what? Five hours? He yawned widely, showing an impressive set of teeth. One paw wandered the ground in front of him, searching for his mask. Where did he put the wretched thing? More accurately, why did he toss it so far away?

Ah, there it was. His paw grasped the face, his claws hooking in the eye holes. Volpe set it before him, and sent a glance towards the sound of Iapto's breathing. Volpe wanted to get out of the barn, to the safety of the woods. They could, however, just as easily move around to the other side of the city where the people hadn't heard of the ruckus caused by the two thieves yesterday.

Volpe padded over to his companion, "Iapto. Iapto..." He nudged the girl's side with his paw. "Rise and shine!" He whispered, baring his teeth in a slight smirk. "The sun broke the horizon exactly 26 minutes ago. We're wasting daylight." He paused, "It's... roughly just after 5:00 AM."
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:35 am

"Iapto. Iapto..." A voice whispered in her ear, closely followed by a paw prodding her. She grumbled and rolled over, not interested in getting up just yet. "Rise and shine! The sun broke the horizon exactly 26 minutes ago. We're wasting daylight." The voice continued.

“Bleeeh.” She groaned, still not opening her eyes. She was not a morning person. And today was no different.

"It's... roughly just after 5:00 AM." That got her attention.

“Wha?” She said, half asleep. “I’m still up normally.” She said, before stifling a yawn. She awkwardly rolled onto her knees, rubbing at her face with her hands, before sitting down with a bump. “Why do you get up so early?” She complained.

She sat there for a moment, blinking furiously and trying to remember what the hell was going on, and why Volpe had woke her up. She sighed as she remembered the previous day’s event. “Ugh, so much for getting a good breakfast.” She grumbled, carefully climbing to her feet and trying not to wobble everywhere. She doubted the city people would appreciate the pair of them turning up looking for breakfast.

She looked at Volpe blearily. “Got any ideas?” She asked.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:27 am

Typhoon snorted awake as a drop of water splashed between his eyes, quickly raising his head and accidently bashing his horns against the brush he'd spent the night under,causing hundreds of droplets of water to rain down upon him. He shook his head and snorted again in displeasure, "Stupid water... " He mumbled sleepily, standing, streching and shaking most of the water from his coat with a huge yawn. He breathed in deeply, enjoying to sent of the cool dawn air, it smelt fresh and clean from the rain storm.
Ty had been travelling through the woods the evening before, following the sent of fresh deer blood, but he'd lost the sent when the skys dropped the soaking deluge. He muttered sleepily to himself when his stomach rumbled with hunger, and hooked his mask off of a branch protruding from the brush and placed it back on his face, clipping it onto the piercings.

He set off through the sparce trees and brush, changing the direction of the breeze to try and catch any sounds or sents of any nearby animals. He heard voices and increased the flow of air. He headed towards their source, but stopped short after a few steps ,Last time you rushed up to a stranger, it was a filthy darkblood Typhoon. He mentaly chided himself. Changing the flow of air once more, he padded silently towards the voices, cloaked in invisiblitly.
Back to top Go down
http://sylveira.deviantart.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Still early in the morning, sun barely peeking over the horizon, roosters in the distance were sounding off like alarm clocks.

"That way...?" the large red shinlai turned his head as he padded down the dirt path. Slowly, steadily, paw after paw. ".....Or...this, way?" A groan coming from the shinlai's back was heard "Noo...we've been walking for HOURS, we're soaked, it's already morning can we PLEASE sleep?". It was Echo, the signs of sleep deprivation more than obvious on the boy's face. He ran a hand over his face as the other hung off the shinlai's shoulder.
"It's just a little further, i'm sure it is" he glanced back over at the boy
"Sure ya are, that's why we're lost" the boy replied.
"We're not lost! I just got disorientated by the rain" he faked a frown.
"You're lost"
"I'm not--"
"Losssttttt" he mocked.
"Echo!" Nootau spat, followed by a chuckle at the end "Don't make me throw you off my back."
"You can't, you love me too much."
"I missed you." The large red lai replied with a smile.
"I missed you too." The boy smiled back, his blue eye peeking over the shinlai's fur.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:27 pm

Iapto groaned in protest. Volpe rolled his eyes, was it really so hard to get up in the morning? She muttered a few more incoherent things. Volpe chose to ignore most of them.

“Why do you get up so early?”

Volpe blinked, and looked somewhat confused. "Because the sun's up? The day's already started?" He sensed the sun as soon as it rose because of how he fine-tuned his element to sense it, it was natural for him to wake up so early, he'd done it since he was a pup.

“Ugh, so much for getting a good breakfast.”

"The city is large, we can enter through one of the other sides of town. Besides, surely news of us would have blown over." Volpe paused, and raised a paw, where silver coins appeared. "Besides, surely secrecy can be bought," he chuckled, and the silver coins faded. Another Light mirage.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:46 pm

can I join?
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Of course :) No need to ask~
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:15 pm

"The city is large, we can enter through one of the other sides of town. Besides, surely news of us would have blown over. Besides, surely secrecy can be bought." Volpe said, as silver coins appeared before fading away.

“Alright, show off.” Iapto said, smiling and shaking her head. She stumbled about, picking up her bag, and giving her knife a quick polish. She pulled her coat out of her bag, trying not to drop the masks, and pulled the coat on, tucking her hair down the back and flicking up her hood, it had all but stopped raining, but water dripped off the corners of roofs and light drizzle sprinkled down occasionally. The hood fell quite far over her face, all but obscuring her, when she wore the hood she just watched where her feet were going. If someone was in her way they’d have to move.

“Right then...” She said, hitching her bag up and looking over to Volpe. “I feel like a bacon sandwich!” She said enthusiastically, heading to the barn door.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:22 pm

“Alright, show off.”

Volpe laughed softly, an amused grin on his face. He hooked a claw on his mask which sat nearby. He clipped it to his face and slid it into the piercings in his mouth. He gently pushed it to make sure it would stay on. Excellent.

“Right then... I feel like a bacon sandwich!”

Volpe licked the corners of his mouth. "I take it that I get one? It sounds mouthwatering." Volpe stepped out of the barn and stretched his back like a cat, loving the soft warmth of the sun. He straightened and headed towards the city, keeping pace with Iapto. He raised his head, trying to catch the noises of the slowly waking city. He was fairly sure he could even hear a Shinlai wandering about nearby, judging by the heavy yet soft footsteps.
Back to top Go down
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 12:19 am

Ty continued to walk towards the voices, they were coming from a large barn and he could hear their conversation clearly now.
“Right then... I feel like a bacon sandwich!”"I take it that I get one? It sounds mouthwatering."
Ty's stomach gave a rumble at the mention of food, he hadn't eaten for a couple days. He decided to drop his 'cloak', the shinlai was smaller than him and a single human was no threat.

He stepped queitly up to the shinlai, shifting the air to make himself visible. "Good morning!" He greeted, grinning "Did I hear someone mention food?
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 5:19 pm

((if everyone is okay with it I am gonna post with my new girl La, as I am almost done with her, and she will be her adult age. So let me know if you would not mind please! And Rose I would assume Iapto may know her?))
Back to top Go down
http://Thealbinobunny.deviantart.com
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:26 pm

(DO EEET <3 )
Back to top Go down
Jeep-the-dragon
Friend of Silas
Jeep-the-dragon

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:30 pm

(( I' mso going to join this one but I really need to think of something D: ))
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:45 pm

(Laaaaa <3

Nootau lift his head to catch the scents in the air. Nothing that seemed familiar, at least not at first. Nootau soon caught Iapto's scent in the wind, familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on it. "There are shinlai and humans close by. Maybe we can ask for directions?" Nootau suggested "Sure, but we get to sleep once we get there" Echo replied. "But Echo....i'm hungry" he frowned "You're ALWAYS hungr--" Echo's words were cut short by his stomach growling. He faked a pout, Nootau grinned "Hypocrite." The lai padded off towards the scent, eventually he was able to see two shinlai and a human. "Heyyyy-o!" Nootau shout happily, Echo facepalmed "How you are not dead yet is a mystery to me. You walk up to everyone as if they were friends"
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:59 pm

"I take it that I get one? It sounds mouthwatering." Volpe asked, heading off. Iapto walking briskly along side, making sure to walk a bit quicker than normal so Volpe wouldn’t have to dawdle.

“If we can fit you in the inn, then sure! If not, we’ll think of something.” She said reassuringly.

"Good morning!" Did I hear someone mention food?” A voice said as a Shinlai materialised.

“Ahh!” Iapto yelped and jerked away from the large Shinlai that appeared from nowhere. She put her hands on her knees, trying to regain normal breathing. She looked up at the large Shinlai. “Breeze! Don’t do tha-” She stopped as she realised it wasn’t Breeze. “-at’s not Breeze.” She finished, scooting slightly closer to Volpe. Her head whipped around at another call.

"Heyyyy-o!" A large red and white Shinlai called.

“Noo!” she yelled, running over to him and wrapping her arms around his fuzzy leg. “Where have you been!” She asked, looking up at him, and completely missing Echo sprawled on his back.

((I'm all good with La knowing Iapto c: ))
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:52 pm

It was early, and the sun was already shining bright La streched as she rose from where she lay under a tree near a barn. Speaking to herself she said "Oh sun why must you wake me early when without sound I could sleep for hours!" then she started walking around to the front, but stopped as she saw slight movement on the outside. She then thought well either it's shinlai or humans, and I can only find out one way by looking. She peeked around the corner and saw two shinlai close to the barn and one fluffy red one off in the distance, and as she was looking human shot right by her, but La perked up a little seeing from the side this human looked to be Iapto whom she had met many a times with Pip.

Turning her head back to the other two shinlai she walked slowly up to them greeting them with a simple "Hello" her voice was soft and sweet, but she knew the words might sound a little funny to others, as sometimes she mispronced.

((So this is what La looks like ---> https://2img.net/h/i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad161/Huskyloverx10/Shinlai/Image7.jpg The mask is uncolored but everything else is all good. , but look here for her personalitly and so on for now! ---> http://saphirawolf.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d3j9dx3 ))

((EDIT: I know most of the shinlai here won't know she is deaf, but try and remeber yourself! I will most likely have her explain soon :3 ))
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:49 pm

"Good morning!" Did I hear someone mention food?”

Volpe turned his head to fix his eyes on Typhoon. Male Shinlai. He frowned slightly, was that all he could figure out about him? He didn't see Ty appear out of thin air, and was rather amused at Iapto's reaction. She seemed to know the Shinlai. Breeze was his name, apparently.

“-at’s not Breeze.”

Scratch that then. Volpe raised his head slightly, looking slightly defensive yet cautiously friendly. He was startled by Iapto's sudden retreat, he thought that she would have been more friendly towards someone who must look very similar to another Lai she knew. Well, Iapto certainly had a lot of contacts. "A beautiful morning," Volpe grinned easily, quickly hiding his prior uncertainty. "No food here, unfortunately! We were just going to go have a look around. I'm La Volpe." Volpe didn't introduce Iapto, mindful of the fact that she used quite a few names.

"Heyyyy-o!"

Again, Volpe looked towards the voice, another male Shinlai. It was clear Iapto knew this one though, she ran towards him. Volpe held back, unsure of wether to approach or speak with the other Lai.

"Hello."

Yet another Shinlai approached. Volpe smiled, initially more friendly than he normally would have been. Her voice was soft and small, but sweet. Volpe was immediately charmed by her. She sounded shy, given that she uttered no more than a simple hello. "Hello to you too," Volpe smiled in return.
Back to top Go down
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 2:19 am

“Ahh!” Ty chuckled as the human nearly lept out of her skin at his sudden appearance.
“Breeze! Don’t do tha--at’s not Breeze.”
He blinked dumbly at the girl. "A beautiful morning," The smaller male greeted, grinning. "Depends on how you woke up." Ty replied, grinning back. "No food here, unfortunately! We were just going to go have a look around. I'm La Volpe."
"My names Typhoon, pleased to meet you." He was about to ask the girl how she new his sister, when a call interupted them. "Heyyyy-o!" and she ran off towards a fluffy red shinlai with another human sprawled along his back.
Typhoon walked after the girl, still intent on asking her about Breeze.
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:02 am

The world around seemed to slow as La watched the shinlai in front of her speak though all she picked up was the "Hello". The other shinlai seemed more intrested in Iapto who ran off for what reason La did not know but she kept her attention here. Looking intently towards this new shinlai she cocked her head looking at his eyes and knew by looking he was blind. This made her feel more calm because it was as if Twi was the looking at her with those blind eyes. After that she relized she had been kinded dazed in thought and looked back saying "I am sorry I was just thinking of something!" she said slowly then asked "I hope you don't mind me asking, but by looking at your eyes I could see blindness is this true? Oh I am also La" she knew she must sound aburt asking such a personal question, but she need to know.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:52 am

“Noo!” Iapto shout and ran towards Nootau, clinging to his leg "Iapto?!" oh NOW he knew why her scent was familiar “Where have you been!” she asked "Oh, here, there and everywhere" he grinned "You've gotten smaller" he joked. Nootau cocked his head back, nudging a pretty much sleeping Echo. "Mmmm--what?" he whined "Iapto's here too." He lift his head and tilt himself to the side to get a better look "How do I keep running in to--" he slid off Nootau's shoulders, landing with a 'thud' and bowed towards Iapto playfully "Good morning princess, how are you today?" he teased.

Nootau stared the rest of the present shinlai in turn, not knowing any of them, except for Volpe, he was pretty sure he'd seen him somewhere before....
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:30 am

"Depends on how you woke up." Ty replied, grinning back. "My names Typhoon, pleased to meet you."

Volpe grinned, chuckling softly, "I can't argue with that."

Typhoon wandered after Iapto, and Volpe listened with interest. Iapto surely knew this 'Noo' well. For some reason he felt he heard the name before. He certainly remembered the voice of the boy on his back. Volpe frowned slightly, that wasn't such a great meeting either.

"I am sorry I was just thinking of something!"

"Hm?" Volpe hadn't been quite paying attention.

\"I hope you don't mind me asking, but by looking at your eyes I could see blindness is this true? Oh I am also La"

Well that was rather blunt. Volpe tilted his heads slightly, he didn't usually meet someone so outright. He bristled slightly, he didn't appreciate it when people pointed out him being blind, hence all the snapping at Iapto. "Yes, I'm blind. An unfortunate accident. Either way," Volpe brushed the topic away, "It's a pleasure to meet you, La. I'm Volpe." He smiled at her.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:00 am

"How do I keep running in to-- Good morning princess, how are you today?" He said, with a mock bow.

“Are you complaining? I’m more than happy to go back over there.” She said jerking her thumb over her shoulder and taking a step back. She was smiling through. Iapto stepped up to echo to give him a hug, glancing briefly over her shoulder at a new voice.

“Oh I am also La.” She heard a soft voice say, the words slightly strange but nothing too noticeable. A pale white Shinlai with yellow markings was speaking to Volpe. It was Pipistella’s adopted sister, so technically her sister too. She would have called out a greeting but she knew La wouldn’t hear her. She’d go greet her later.

She also noticed that the-Breeze-but-not-Breeze-Shinlai, had trailed after her. She turned to face them fully, looking up at the male with expression clearly saying, ‘may I help you?’ while resting one hand on Noo’s leg.
Back to top Go down
Jeep-the-dragon
Friend of Silas
Jeep-the-dragon

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:28 pm

(( I'm so stumped :C ))
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:07 am

The expressions on his face seemed to go downhill once she asked if her were blind. "I am sorry, you see I have a sister who is blind so I guess I can just see it easier than most?" she said sweetly hoping to cheer him up.

"So you said you name is Vol correct? I normally don't tell this to people off the bat, but with you being blind and all I feel more confortable saying that I am really deaf, so if you could repeat your name so I could read it more clearly that would be great.." she said nervously.
Back to top Go down
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:38 am

Ty stood back, waiting for the girl to noticed him. When she turned face him fully, with an expression clearly saying, ‘may I help you?’ while resting one hand on the red shinlai's leg.
"I'm guessing by you're reaction earlier, that you know Breeze Aradalii.... I'm her twin brother, Typhoon." he said, inclining his head.

(pfffff, short post is painfully short)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Sinking City   In the Sinking City Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Sinking City
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next