Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Distant and Blurred

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheval4
Pack Member
Cheval4

Distant and Blurred Empty
PostSubject: Distant and Blurred   Distant and Blurred EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:42 pm

HAY. Cheval here, with a new RP for you to rejoice in!
-This one is closed for Mo (Mith) and myself! Please don't join in without our permission.
- No dying plz. Even though zombie Varne would be really cool.

SETTING AHOY! This RP takes place when Varne is really young and has just left home and started wandering around Elaisha. He's not really a performer yet and he's not as skilled with fire as he is when he gets older. He's around 22 years of age and spooked by practically everything. So NO SWAGGA YET. The setting is a very hilly area, often very misty and foggy. There are mountains in all direction, except to the south, where the mist clears out and turns to a pine forest. Rocky protrusions of all sizes and shapes are everywhere, ancient boulders form strange shapes. The RP takes place on this moor-ish area and in the surrounding hills and mountains. Somewhat like this, there are rocky areas- http://megalithix.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/bradley-moor-round-cairn01.jpg. This is better, but with more rocks scattered around like th eone in the picture! http://www.planetware.com/picture/bodmin-bodmin-moor-eng-gb225.htm.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Distant and Blurred   Distant and Blurred EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:00 am

(Poor Phlo is still mask and elementles at zees point :(

With an annoyed humf Phlorian tore off a chunk of meat from the sheep he had 'caught'. Scrawny thing. Not juicy, not even good smelling. But well, what were you to do when everyone scolds you away when you dare enter a village? he thought moodily. Might as well become a hermit or something...
It was even worse because he wasn't with Fey now. Family business, yeah ofcourse. He tore away at the chunk of meat with renewed energy. At least it wasn't too dark here.
Back to top Go down
Cheval4
Pack Member
Cheval4

PostSubject: Re: Distant and Blurred   Distant and Blurred EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 4:41 pm

(Fff, poor baby Phlo-Phlo ;;)

Varne was extremely cheerful and he didn't know why. He galloped around the moor, making small sparks and shooting them off into the fog to see how far they would go before the mist concealed them. Laughing for no particular reason, he jumped and bounded over and around rocks and the strange, numerous holes in the ground, shooting out small spurts of fire into the air for the sake of stupidity. He broke into a sprint, racing across the moor, his tongue hanging out of his mouth and his heavy tail streaming out behind him like a banner. This was great! This was fun! He didn't need a bunch of other Shinlai to have fun. He could take care of himself just fi- BAM.

He slammed right into one of the huge rocky projections. He felt the air being knocked right out of his body, the jarring impact sent his head whirling and his vison blurring. He slumped on the ground against the rock, spat out a gob of blood and Daila-knows-what-else, and roared. It wasn't as much of a roar as it was a howling shriek. He snorted and whimpered, scrabbling at his face with his claws pathetically. So much for boundless energy.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Distant and Blurred   Distant and Blurred EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:11 am

(waha XD

The thick mist seemed to muffle all sounds. It was eeriely quit around him, the onliest thing to be heard the rattling of sheep bone against grey rocks. The grey shinlai twitched his ears nervously. Somehow it felt as if someone was close. A rumble in his stomach made him dismiss the feeling. Food first, thoughts later.

His strong front paws tore apart the carcass with little effort and he had just stuck his nose in there to find the tasty bits when a distand thud caught his attention. Chills went down his back. For one second he thought it might be Fey, but that was of course a ridiculous assumption. His mouth was dry and swallowing was hard.

Coward, he thought. You're a Shinlai, what have you got to be afraid of? Still it was very slowly that he crept forward, mostly fading into the greyness around. Finally, he reached a large formation of rocks. His heart hammering in his ears, Phlorian stuck his blood and dirt covered head around the pile of rocks.

"Oh geez! What are you doing there?"
Back to top Go down
Cheval4
Pack Member
Cheval4

PostSubject: Re: Distant and Blurred   Distant and Blurred EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Varne moaned, snuffling at the sparse grass in the sandy soil around the rock. He looked around, hoping there was no one around to see him. Of course, he could only see blurry gray shapes and the rocks and grass within a short distance of his quivering red body.

"Oh geez! What are you doing there?" Varne gasped and whirled around, his ears ringing, at the sound of the unfamiliar voice. The male voice. Another male revealed himself from behind the very rock Varne had slammed into. His fur was a dull, purplish gray, tinged with silver at the tips of his mane, tail and thick tufts of fur on his extremities. Varne couldn't help but stare at the tail on this creature. At first he thought it was a stick, or an oddly-shaped rock behind the male. But it moved. The Fire Lai had never seen anything like it.

"Uh, uhhhh, hiiii; I'm Vuh.. Vuh-Varne. Of Fire. Yeah. Heh," he stammered, still reeling from the newcomer's tail, and the rock, and the male's smell- different than Varne's own, but recognizable as the scent of a male Shinlai. "Uhhmm, I was running. And. I fell," he shrugged helplessly. "Do you know where we are?"
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Distant and Blurred   Distant and Blurred EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Phlorain raised his eyebrows as the other shinlai stared at him. Wether it was because of him being maskles or covered in blood, he couldn't really tell but it made him feel very uncomfortable. Despite the pitiable state of the other he felt his ears creep back and his lip creep up and reveal just a glint of teeth. At least I'm taller, Phlorian thought to himself smugly, eying the red one's mask enviously.

His thoughts were interrupted by the shinlai in front of him. Appearentely he had managed to tear his eyes from the bloodied grey one and found his speech. Phlo saw some red on his muzzle. Must've been quite a smack, he thought, slightly relaxing his ears. "Uh, uhhhh, hiiii; I'm Vuh.. Vuh-Varne. Of Fire. Yeah. Heh," the other one stammered. With a snort, Phlo let slip his hostility.

"Well, Varne of Fire, you have gotten yourself a rather cold friend it would seem," he smirked, gesturing at the rock formation and stepping fully around it. "Well Varne, care to explain why you were hugging this rock just now?"

"Uhhmm, I was running. And. I fell," Varne said, looking rather embarassed and nervous. "Do you know where we are?"

"I'm afraid you're in bad luck, my fellow traveler. I have no clue as to our location," Phlo said, not seeming concerned by this fact at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Distant and Blurred   Distant and Blurred Empty

Back to top Go down

Distant and Blurred
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: Grab your masks, it's RP time :: The Library - Storyline Roleplay-
Jump to: