Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Seasick

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

Seasick          Empty
PostSubject: Seasick    Seasick          EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:30 pm

The peepz:

Taggerung (Noobs)
Phlorian (Moi)
If you think you would be sifnificant to the story, drop either one of us a message.

The place:
The harbor of Richfort (I am indeed assuming there is a harbor), late in the evening. My dearest Phlorian is seeking to hire a ship to travel to Indigo Islands to recover from a nasty lung inflammation. Poor him. So far, he has had no luck.

(Yay for feeble information. ANYWAYS)
----------------------

A frustrated groan rolled through the rapidly emptying harbour. It came from a large, grey creature that was slumped against a wall and seemed to be rubbing it's eyes. Six ships. Six captains. Three of them terrified, two shooing him away and one thinking he was clever enough to ambush a Shinlai. On a ship that was barely longer than said Shinlai.

Yeah right, Phlorian thought as he slowly got up to his feet again. Well, maybe it had been just bad luck. Maybe tomorrow, yeah, surely tomorrow he would find someone. He sighed contently, stretching his toes and wriggling them just for fun. After all, not everyone hates Shinlai- He froze in mid-air. He had definetely heard a sound. His head twisted his nervously. Curse you, cowardous heart.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

Seasick          Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasick    Seasick          EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:18 pm

He could easily detect a salty tang to the air that lazily rolled about the harbor, gentle and relaxing and perfecting the afternoon like a pup's lullaby before bedtime. It weaved about the boats and rocked them like cradles floating atop a sea of dark blue velvet, the sky begining to wrap itself in a darker, star-speckled blanket, though streaks of gold and pink and periwinkle still lingered idley.
Only the rounded tip of the blazing sun was visible on the very edge of the sea, the rest of it was being greedily swallowed by the vast ocean.

It was all quite breathtaking, especially when being coupled with the constant calming sound of tiny waves lapping up at the bellies of ships and colliding into the rocky sides of the shore.
Children toddled along while grasping their mothers' hands, men tied their boats to the dock after a hard days work on the water, Shinlai scuttled away to their homes for the night. A few moved more sluggishly and stuck around to gaze at the sky, much like himself.
He passed a large wooden building, and he could hear the chipper music steadily beating from a window that was only half-closed.

And for once, Taggerung refused to be mad at the world, instead, letting his guard down, and sauntered pleasantly about the dwindling number of humans that clustered along the harbor.
The earth Shinlai's mind was elsewhere, fantasizing and drowning in nostalgia as he slowly made his way along the narrow cobblestone sidewalk.

He came to a stop at a large dock, pausing for a moment to drink in the view, allowing himself to slouch on an old post.
Bright beams of sunlight bounced off the always-flowing water, painting the harbor with wonderful golds and yellows and honey-like tones.
It was so close to perfect.

From behind Taggerung heard a wistful sigh, and when he turned his head he could spot a tall, slender, not-so-satisfied Lai coated in dark silver fur.
Stepping a few feet closer, Taggerung's electric green eyes shone with subtle curiosity, and he called out quickly, momentarilly forgetting his somehwat hostile poker face, "Why so glum, chum?"
The other seemed to flinch and widen his eyes at Tagg's greeting as if he hadn't seen him coming, or heard him at all. He eyed the male with a cocked eyebrow, though that was hidden under his mask. 'What's this guy's deal,' he wondered as he continued to approach the stranger.
Back to top Go down
http://cloudlace.deviantart.com/
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

Seasick          Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasick    Seasick          EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:02 pm

(I am very impressed by you wonderful writing <3 Also, Phlo is such a coward XD)

"Why so glum, chum?"

His heart seemed to be trying to escape through his throat as the voice broke the silence. When his eye caught the other Shinlai, he couldn't help but let out a relieved sigh, immediately followed by a deep breath. The air flowed in and out his broad chested, calming, clearing his head. A sheepish grin spread across his face as he turned his face to the stranger. The shadows were closing in fast and he couldn't make out features out very well. The last rays of sun turned his companion into a silhouet.

"I am sorry for my behaviour, really not too good with dark." Phlorian said apologetic. Why this always happens when someone can see it? Oh well. Another sigh escaped him, but then he pulled himself together. "Anyways, I'm Phlorian Di Liro. For a second I was afraid you were coming to kill me," he spoke rather nervously, his nails carving curls of wood out of the planks under their feet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seasick          Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasick    Seasick          Empty

Back to top Go down

Seasick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: Grab your masks, it's RP time :: The Library - Storyline Roleplay-
Jump to: