Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Friends of Enemies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

Friends of Enemies Empty
PostSubject: Friends of Enemies   Friends of Enemies EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:21 pm

Roleplay for:

TheAlbinoBunny
Toadfoal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With a grunt Rayner lifted his head off the ground and stared around himself wearily. He wasn't sure exactly how long he'd been asleep, but by the position of the sun it might have been a good few hours. In truth, he was glad for the rest, and with his stomach full of fresh meat the dark blue shinlai felt better than he had in a long time.

However, being full and rested did little to solve his other problems. He still had much to think about, and suddenly became aware that a companion of his was missing. He had been traveling with another male he'd met recently, a purple shinlai named Zeke, on a journey into the depths of Darkblood territory. Which shouldn't have been any big deal, considering that both were involved in the revolution. But Ray had sneaking suspicions that neither of their alliances were as strong as they pretended. He hadn't actually asked Zeke, it was just a feeling after all.

He stood up slowly and stretched his neck to pull a few branches from his normally well groomed, silky tail. It would probably be best to go and seek out his new friend.
"Zeke!" He called out in a sort of bark. If he wasn't heard Rayner had other methods, but yelling was always easier than calling on an element.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toadfoal.deviantart.com
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

Friends of Enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends of Enemies   Friends of Enemies EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:13 pm

Standing downhill from where he and Rayner were, Zeke sat just thinking about his new aquaintance. He hadn't really thought much about, but sometimes he thought Rayner was suspicious of Zeke in ways he couldn't quite figure out. Still it was nice to have a friend to travel with that wasn't his mate.

Looking up at the sky Zeke started to daydream, but was interuped by Rayner shouting out his name "Zeke!". Looking up thehill he saw Ray's dark blue figure looking around, and Zeke guessed he must be wondering where he wandered off to. So as he stood he stretched his muscles, and started up the hill. Halfway up he decided to sneak to scare Rayner, once behind him he shouted "Miss me sleepyhead?". Then grinned widely waiting for his response.
Back to top Go down
http://Thealbinobunny.deviantart.com
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

Friends of Enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends of Enemies   Friends of Enemies EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 12:13 am

How far could he have gone? Rayner opened his mouth slightly and let his tongue slide across his teeth and out over the edge of his mask, a nervous habit he'd never let go of. Certainly they weren't being followed, Zeke couldn't possibly have been captured. There was no sign of a struggle, nothing to suggest that anyone else was around. Except his companion's scent. Rayner realized that he could tell that Zeke was nearby. He had been anyways. Leaning forward a little, he trained his gaze on the spot where Zeke had been just a few minutes before.

"Miss me sleepyhead?"
Rayner stumbled forward and spun around as if to face an attacker. But he was instead met with the grin of the one he had been searching for. For a moment he wasn't sure if he should be glad to see Zeke or furious that he'd been tricked.
"Heh, not bad." His hard expression cracked into a smile under his mask and he let out a laugh. Even Rayner had to admit it was pretty clever.
"Actually, I was looking for you. I didn't realize how long I'd slept, so if you're ready I wouldn't mind traveling a little more. With all these rocks and hills I doubt we'll get that far before it gets dark, but we can always try."
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

Friends of Enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends of Enemies   Friends of Enemies EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:28 am

"Looks like I got you good?" he chuckeled a little. He looked at Rayner noticing he was unsure how to respond to Zeke startling him so, but brushed off because no one enjoys being snuck up on from the behind.

"Heh, not bad."
"Thanks! I take pleasure in sneaking up on others for fun." he said with a non-chanlantly. [b]"Actually, I was looking for you. I didn't realize how long I'd slept, so if you're ready I wouldn't mind traveling a little more. With all these rocks and hills I doubt we'll get that far before it gets dark, but we can always try."

Zeke looked up at the sky to view the setting of the sun, and it looked like they had a few hours to get farther "Okay! So where might we be going again? North? South? East? West? I don't have any certain way I want to go! Unless you have a certain thing you need to do?"
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

Friends of Enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends of Enemies   Friends of Enemies EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:27 pm

"We'll head north, that's where my home is. You'll know it when you see it, it's way up on a big hill, on the side more sheltered from the wind. You'll know it when you see it, there's more grass, and only one or two trees. I'm just looking for a little wind instrument someone gave me, I want to destroy it."
Rayner started walking hopefully, not quite sure of his motivations. He felt like he should be tracking Lycu, and he would, but first he had a funny feeling that he should get to know Zeke better. Maybe the purple shinlai would even be willing to help him in time.
"So, Zeke, I was wondering, you seemed to know the Darkblood advisor and his friend. How come you didn't go with them?"
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

Friends of Enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends of Enemies   Friends of Enemies EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:38 pm

"We'll head north, that's where my home is. You'll know it when you see it, it's way up on a big hill, on the side more sheltered from the wind. You'll know it when you see it, there's more grass, and only one or two trees. I'm just looking for a little wind instrument someone gave me, I want to destroy it."

"Sounds like a pretty nice home, but why are we going so that you can only destroy a instrument? Did they do something to you? I mean cause to destroy a gift something must have happened." Zeke said curiously.

"So, Zeke, I was wondering, you seemed to know the Darkblood advisor and his friend. How come you didn't go with them?"

"Well yes.. I know the advisor very well really. As for his friend that was the first time I had ever seen him, and I don't think he liked me very much for what reason I dunno. I guess if that other shinlai hadn't been with Lycu I might have, but then again Lycu didn't seem to pay much attention to me... " Zeke sighed as he said this. He didn't let off that Lycu was his father because he didn't know Rayyer so well yet, and not even his mate knows Lycu is his Father so why tell Rayner. "And I seemed more safe to travel with? I guess that other shinlai may have looked younger than I but I get the feeling he was rather strong."
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

Friends of Enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends of Enemies   Friends of Enemies EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:04 am

"Sounds like a pretty nice home, but why are we going so that you can only destroy a instrument? Did they do something to you? I mean cause to destroy a gift something must have happened."

Rayner shrugged half-heartedly, "It was payment for a favor I granted a couple of years ago. No big deal, except I now know that I risked my hide for something worthless. It bothers me, like a token of bad luck, and I need good luck right now. Shoot, we all could use some luck I'm sure." He chuckled.

"And I seemed more safe to travel with? I guess that other shinlai may have looked younger than I but I get the feeling he was rather strong."

"Yes, I got that impression too." Rayner admitted, stopping for a moment to scratch at a spot just behind his mask with one hind foot. He tried to hide his disappointment that Zeke didn't seem to know Lycu. He'd hoped to gain a valuable ally, to sooth the blindness involved in hunting down the Darkblood Adviser, even if it wasn't his job to attack. But even so, the purple 'lai made for good company, and Rayner was starting to think of him as a friend.
"The younger male, he seemed... Unstable. Nice enough at first, but then he adopted that dangerous air." He paused, the continued quickly, "Not that I don't respect that. Sometimes it takes a little push to keep order."
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

Friends of Enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends of Enemies   Friends of Enemies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:38 pm

It was payment for a favor I granted a couple of years ago. No big deal, except I now know that I risked my hide for something worthless. It bothers me, like a token of bad luck, and I need good luck right now. Shoot, we all could use some luck I'm sure."

"Then destroying it should take a big burden off of you, so I hope you will enjoy it." he said letting out a small chuckle.

"The younger male, he seemed... Unstable. Nice enough at first, but then he adopted that dangerous air." He paused, the continued quickly, "Not that I don't respect that. Sometimes it takes a little push to keep order."

"I hope to find Lycu another time alone.. So we could speak in private. I wanted to do it that day, but really I was unprepared to speak with him finding him on acciedent." he sighed. "What were you doing in the area?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Friends of Enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends of Enemies   Friends of Enemies Empty

Back to top Go down

Friends of Enemies
Page 1 of 1