Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Working in the Bookstore

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

Working in the Bookstore Empty
PostSubject: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:55 pm

VipSora was working in her bookstore (Daila's Knowledge). She was cleaning things up hoping that her shipment of paper and binds would hurry up and arrive she can't write without those so she was a little testy. She keeps looking at her water clock and then looks out the window. Growling at the inconvient lateness of this precious delivery. She sighs and slides one last book into place and looks it over to see if it fits the order of the rest of the books...it didn't.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Jagter walked into a the book store "Daila's Knowlegde this should have books on the on that religion those nuts where talking about."
He said with a huff. He glance around and saw a shinlai putting books up "Hey you ,shinlai ,could you call the book store owner?"
"I need a book on shinlai customs and folklore." Jagter as he proceeded to walk through the bookstore
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:03 pm

VipSora jumped a little when a man's voice called for the store owner.
She turned, "Hello," she said trying her best to look pleased, but deep down she was disappointed it was not her shipment.
"I am the store owner. You may call me VipSora." She said quickly moving through the shelves looking at the smaller books meant for humans. "I must apologize if you are use to dealing with other humans my apprentice is out to day." She said this pulling out books with a rubber cap on her claw as to not damage the books.

"Here you are." She placed a large pile of books on a table.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:10 am

Jagter watched VipSora place the books on the table it would have taken all week to read through all those books. He then looked around and relised that the shinlai was the owner of the book store. Jagter looked at all the books on the table"Eh what I meant was a uhh a small book about Dailda." He gestured with his hands "Like small and informative and if possible fairly recent."
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:23 am

VipSora listened to what he said and thought that she might have intimadated him with all these books.
"Which perspective on Daila or would you simply like an overview?" VipSora decided it might be best to help him be more specific because just asking for Daila could be any book on history or myth of the Shinlai.
"Wait I think I might have what you want." She said as she went to a different bookshelf. She then placed before him a quite a bit smaller book titled "Daila to the Average Shinlai." It was much smaller.
"This is a good author. He's human and he does a very brief overview on both sides of Daila...hm...myth and then explains what most Shinlai think."
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Jagter saw the small book and sighted with relief "Thanks I was worried I'd have to buy all those." He reached to his inside his tunic and pulled out a pouch "I also need a book about shinlai elements and ablities." Jagter paused "I also need a book on..." Jagter looked around
"I need a book on darkbloods." "If you don't have it you could direct me to another place that might?"
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:46 pm

VipSora listen to the other request and began to wonder why he was so interested in Shinlai. She saw his demeanor change when he mentioned the Darkbloods. She would raise her eyebrow but the mask makes it a little difficult.
"You need not worry going to another store for the book on the Darkbloods. You see my father was a Darkblood and one thing I learned from him was know thy enemy so you are lucky today I have a collection of rather short books on all those topics requested." She said this with a smile.
VipSora went to the back of her shop and came out with 4 books all of which could be read in short time.
"Is this everything you need for today sir?....Oh, mind if I ask you something?" VipSora said a little nervously.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:49 am

"Is this everything you need for today sir?....Oh, mind if I ask you something?" From her voice Jagter could tell that an air of distrust was begginning to build "I needed to know if the the dark bloods would pose any threats to my guild assets." Jagter said. "Radicales always presented a problem my guild need information to see if they'll be a problem." "Althought they haven't seem to have bother people recently or disturpted any sort of trade, the guild wants to know if they could be a problem to trade if they wanted to do so." Jagter sighed
"How much?"
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:50 pm

"Oh, I was scared you might have been one of the Circle." VipSora sounded kind of relieved. "As far as I can tell they have no interest in trade other than if it would allow them to gain more power over Shinlai minds." VipSora said thinking back to her father though he was not a high ranking Darkblood.
"Well, you can buy the books for 50 gold or you can rent for 6 gold a day. It is really up to how fast you read if you rent please do return the books I hate having to chase people down to get books back." VipSora said.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:53 pm

(Would it be alright if I hopped in?)

A fawn pelted Shinlai bent his head and slowly moved into the store, he drew a deep breath, smelling the soft scent of old books. He was pointed this way when he asked for a book store nearby. His silver eyes rolled around the store, unseeing the tower of books VipSora had placed on the desk, any of the books that crowded the shelves.

La Volpe glanced down at the human he heard speak, "You'd do better asking Shinlai their beliefs than referring to any book, I think." His eyes squinted slightly as the corners of his mouth stretched in a tooth-filled grin.

He turned to VipSora, "This is your bookstore, yes? I'm looking for a specific book... could you tell me if you have it in stock?"

(awkward entrance post I CHOOSE YOU)
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 pm

"You'd do better asking Shinlai their beliefs than referring to any book, I think." Jagter looked at the fawned colored and saw it was blind "Well I prefer written facts to spoken words." Althought there was an air of famimilarity he was sure if he'd seen the shinlai before.
"I have 40 gold coins could I put the rest on the guild tab." Jagter put the coins on the counter "The guild will pay the tab at the end of the month."
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:12 pm

"This is your bookstore, yes? I'm looking for a specific book... could you tell me if you have it in stock?" He asked.
"Welcome and just one tiny sec please. You are welcomed to look around while you wait or take up the refreshment on the table at the corner." She said to the new comer. VipSora was very pleased this is the first time she ever had two beings in her shop before, but she was very nervous too.

"I believe that will work. I don't think I have any reason to feel you would lie about ten coins." VipSora said. She took the books and wrapped them in paper to protect them from moisture and dirt. She took the coins placing them into a small bag (for a shinlai) on her wrist.

"Yes, I'm the keeper of this book store. What book do you have in mind sir?" VipSora said trying to keep her tone light to help display her willingness to serve.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:51 am

"Well I prefer written facts to spoken words."

"And yet the furthest thing from facts are the prospects of religion, which rely solely on the faith of those who worship." Volpe cocked his head, tilting an ear slightly to catch the human's voice. It was the first time he could remember being unable to correctly place a name to a voice. "Although Daila was an actual historical figure, so facts are present there, I suppose."

His eyes hesitated on Jaeger before glancing back towards VipSora, albeit his eyes were aimed a bit taller than she actually stood. Volpe chuckled slightly, "It's, ah, how should I put this? Not a particularly common book because of it's contents... rather discouraged in shops I hear. 'Smuggling and His Friends', or some variant of the title." Volpe grinned charmingly, hoping that either the shop keeper had it under strange but fortunate circumstances and was willing to part with a book deemed illegal.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:22 am

"Who Daila? Isn't she like a prophet for the shinlai?" Jagter chuckled "While the few guild historian agree that Daila maybe real but very little actual evidents of her is even around." Jagter paided for the books and as he began to walk out of the store he heard the book 'Smuggling and his friends'. Jagter turned towards the shinlais "My guild Library has the book and some variants." Jagter had not read the text before but knew why it was banned. "It's part of a series of books written by various guilds, but if you want to read it legally you'll have to see the guild librarians." Jagter stood with his hands by his sides unsure if the shinlai would try someting. Jagter knew the kind of person or being trying to procure the guild lets people read the book but keeps tabs on the indiviuals to discourge them utilizing the knowlegde to commit the crimes.
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:32 am

VipSora sighed, "I'm afraid I have no such book and I don't know where you can get one."

VipSora turned her head to the guildsmen as he said their library would have it. This brought an idea to her head. If this guild is big enough to have their own library maybe they could convience that good for nothing shipping company to actually deliver her paper.

"Do you mind if I come along?" VipSora said timidly. "Would like to see the library and ask for assistance on an annoying matter."
VipSora thought it could not hurt to ask.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:24 pm

"I'm afraid I have no such book and I don't know where you can get one."

Volpe's smile fell immediately, "Oh." He huffed slightly, this had to have been the tenth bookstore he had checked in, and he needed this book. Not for his own benefits but for a... certain client of his. According to rumor, of which Volpe knew quite a lot, the book had multiple blueprints for secret rooms in ships or houses- perfect for hiding smuggled matierals.

Volpe clenched his teeth irritably, listening to the soft click of his ill-fitted mask as it moved slighty and tapped his sweeping antlers. "Very well, thank you for your help."

"My guild Library has the book and some variants." Jagter had not read the text before but knew why it was banned. "It's part of a series of books written by various guilds, but if you want to read it legally you'll have to see the guild librarians."

"Ooooh?" Volpe had made to leave the shop but glanced down at the human, again his grin spreading wide. "Well if you would lend them to me I would be really very thankful." Volpe's voice was silky smooth. "Do you have a name I can call you?"
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:33 pm

Jagter looked at the shinlai's toothy grin "Jagter, they call me Jagter and they call you?" Jagter raised his hand half way then stopped aburptly realising he was about to shake a shinlai's paw. "You can't take the book off the primises hell it's chained and well guarded." Jagter know how well they kept the security around forbidden and scared texts. "I'm not to sure on guild regulations on shinlai they usually require signature, if requested, can you write?" Jagter question as he packed the book into his bag. Jagter stared at the shinlai wondering what would a shinlai want with a book of that topic.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Volpe hesitated, unsure if he should give his real name or come up with an alias again. "My name is La Volpe, although Volpe is a bit easier to say," he chuckled. He frowned when Jagter said the book wasn't allowed off the premises. "Tell me, Jagter, you wouldn't happen to be able to get me that book to take out now would you? And, to answer your second question, no, I can't write. If a hand print is good enough I can do that."
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:26 am

VipSora sighed when she realized they had left before she completed her question.

When she went out the door she just caught the guild did not usually work with shinlai. This made her catch her breath. "I guess there is no way for me to get my paper and bindings cheaply." Her shoulders slumped a bit. She watched the men talk Jagter is an unusual name and La Volpe is just plain mysterious, She thought to herself.

"Hi, guildsmen I don't mean to bother you, but I have a great need for some supplies if I'm going to stay open and I was wondering if your guild did delieveries?"
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:36 pm

"I can't get the book because it's against guild regulations to take the book out of the library." Jatger said. "Since you can't write I'm not sure if they'll let you use it." Jagter looked at the shinlai's eyes "Maybe you won't need to sign anything you can just have someone read it to you." Jagter and Volpe rounded a corner toward the library 4 guards guarded the entrance "let me through I require to see a book." Jagter showed an emblem and was let through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working in the Bookstore   Working in the Bookstore Empty

Back to top Go down

Working in the Bookstore
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: Grab your masks, it's RP time :: The Village-
Jump to: