Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

White as a Sheet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

White as a Sheet Empty
PostSubject: White as a Sheet   White as a Sheet EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:52 pm

Harper sat wordlessly, tending a fire in the campsite section she and Tobias shared. They were well within Circle territory now and she was sure they were safe. Still she could not help but think that the small Shinlai who's horns she cut would come for her. A small shudder ran up her spine. She'd never killed a Shinlai before...but she supposed if she were attacked she'd have to. She came pretty close to needing to today. She ran a hand over the two section of horns and smiled to herself. Not a bad prize, she had to admit.

She stood and wiped the dirt from her bottom and cleared her throat. She spoke in a low tone. "You had me worried with that fire, you know."
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

White as a Sheet Empty
PostSubject: Re: White as a Sheet   White as a Sheet EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:19 pm

(CAN A SOMEONE MOVE THIS TO THE LIBRARY MAYBE HHHH)

Tobias strode over to Harper, tossing some coals and wood he had retrieved into the fire. He sat down next to Harper, wearing a very content expression on his face. Today had been rough, he hadn't expected so many shinlai, but it seemed like they kept gathering in the area. Maybe attracted by the Violence or commotion. Perhaps there was even an event somewhere up north through the desert. He doubted it. It didn't seem like the day for a huge event. It was about to rain fairly hard.
The two had run by horseback for several miles until a tremor arose and they had to calm them down. Forutunately, they were trained well enough so they didn't stay frightened very long.
"You had me worried with that fire, you know." Harper told him with a tone with... scorn?
"There's no real reason to worry about me, Harper. The day I made the decision to join the circle was the day that I put my life at risk."
He removed his bow from his back and began to take off most of his light armor. It was made to be quick and efficient. Something needed as Shinlai were much faster and cursed with such horrible ability. He watched her examine the horns she had won through the whole charade and smiled. She was going to be an excellent hunter.
"You know, Harper. If you really want to, you can keep my sword for yourself."
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

White as a Sheet Empty
PostSubject: Re: White as a Sheet   White as a Sheet EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:40 am

((Well I put it in the Village in case anyone wanted to jump in with Lai such as Rhan or other Circle members, but moving it works too.))

"There's no real reason to worry about me, Harper. The day I made the decision to join the circle was the day that I put my life at risk."

A small shudder ran through the girl, causing her skin to prickle. He was so sure of himself. It was haunting how calm he could remain. She was good but she wasn't that good yet. It kind of freaked her out that one day she too would become like him. She'd been in the Circle as long as she could remember aside from a few scattered memories of her youth.

"You're like family to me, Tobias. All of our members are. I just didn't want to see you hurt or worse," she replied curtly. Her tone was still pretty low and fairly flat. She had a habit of being short and to the point. She couldn't remember if it was taught from him or her Uncle.

"You know, Harper. If you really want to, you can keep my sword for yourself."

At those words she perked up. She had the sword nearby and she glanced over at it. The craftsmanship was amazing. Still, she couldn't help but be slightly skeptical. Tobias loved bird skulls and the like. Why give up a perfectly good sword that suited his style. She responded with a light bow, something she often did in respect, and for the first time that night a she showed a smile.

"Thank you. It's a lovely blade...and I think a bit less clunky than my bow."
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

White as a Sheet Empty
PostSubject: Re: White as a Sheet   White as a Sheet EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:52 pm

As she smiled, he did likewise. It was wonderful to see her so bright in such a situation. After all, they really didn't know what could come after them. His smile quickly turned to a neutral expression again and his eyes were set forwards awkwardly in thought. What about that one shinlai. The blue one with the scars on his face. The blind one. It's not like he needed his name. The whole thing unnerved him now to the point where the fidgeted, crossing his arms, then refocusing on Harper as she began to thank him.

"Thank you. It's a lovely blade...and I think a bit less clunky than my bow."

"Of course, if you'd like we can try to make you a better one. And a blade too, eventually. The things dull with time. But that's the least of your worries."
He took out his knife, still covered with the shinlai's blood, now dry. They would need it to track him, perhaps, so he sheathed his weapon once again.

"Harper. The shinlai I cut, his name was Volpe. Rather interesting a name for a shinlai, hm?"

Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

White as a Sheet Empty
PostSubject: Re: White as a Sheet   White as a Sheet EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:40 pm

"Of course, if you'd like we can try to make you a better one. And a blade too, eventually. The things dull with time. But that's the least of your worries." The least of her worries? Harper couldn't help but couple that statement with his behavior. His body language was off. His normal, perfect storm calm was off too. She tried to push the feelings aside long enough to reply but the worry was still just behind her voice. It lurked and tied knots in her stomach.

"Eventually. It'll have to wait until long after we return to The Circle with our catch."

"Harper. The shinlai I cut, his name was Volpe. Rather interesting a name for a shinlai, hm?"

She nodded in response. "Absolutely. It certainly is unique. I wonder what sort of shinlai he was? Often there's at least some form of identification of their allegiance or element."
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

White as a Sheet Empty
PostSubject: Re: White as a Sheet   White as a Sheet EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:47 am

Tobias stayed silent. It unnerved him. Why would a shinlai just tell him his name. The look on his face, even. It was so vile. He looked down, feeling sick. He had been so caught up in his own ego that he had completely disregarded his safety. He could be putting everyone around him in danger. He glanced over at harper and around their temporary camp-site. It would be a few hours, riding a horse, even, to get to their real destination. They were rather vulnerable. Especially at this time of night. The day had been rough enough and they were both exhausted.

"Absolutely. It certainly is unique. I wonder what sort of shinlai he was? Often there's at least some form of identification of their allegiance or element."

He turned his head to Harper, that's right. Volpe was a light shinlai. Couldn't they create illusions? If that was the case then he could be listening to them at the very moment. He glanced around shiftily and wearing his emotions rather obviously.

"Harper, if anything happens tonight-" He stopped himself, immediately regretting the words. He shook his head. "Volpe was a light shinlai. I'm guessing he focused his most of his strength on his attack. He seemed rather weak afterwards, bound by the small ones vines," He smiled, his own words giving himself confidence, now that he thought of it. "Pathetic, really."
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

White as a Sheet Empty
PostSubject: Re: White as a Sheet   White as a Sheet EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:05 am

"Harper, if anything happens tonight-"

She looked away from him, fixing her gaze far off into the distant shadows of the forest. Harper admitted she didn't want to know where he was going with that thought. "We'll be fine," she said quietly. "We're always fine." She sounded strained. The optimism was clearly forced.

"Volpe was a light shinlai. I'm guessing he focused his most of his strength on his attack. He seemed rather weak afterwards, bound by the small ones vines."

"A light shinlai?" she asked. She was suddenly very glad for a change of topic. She frowned, biting on her lower lip lightly. "I don't understand why the little one left him bound up. Was she hoping I'd go for his horns instead? She didn't seem to figure out that those were what I was after."

"Pathetic, really."

"Pathetic on both of their parts, then," Harper corrected as she undid her ponytail. She looked strange with her brown hair down since she never wore it that way. She tucked a few stray pieces of it behind her ear. Her entire head was strewn with reddish brown streaks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

White as a Sheet Empty
PostSubject: Re: White as a Sheet   White as a Sheet Empty

Back to top Go down

White as a Sheet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: Grab your masks, it's RP time :: The Village-
Jump to: