Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Among the Temple Ruins

Go down 
+5
Silveera
Rubisa
Holyfrap
Forrgotenrose
Blue
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:13 am

"Candy, I need water for cleaning... Never you mind, I help a Shinlai where I can. Your fellows of a like mind to yourself have always been kind to those who need it, including me in my darkest hour of distress."

Candy set Naria beside Rubisa and set off with a water skin towards the river to fill it.

"Naria, you brave little thing... You look so much like your dad, but I see your mummy in you too." Rubisa winked, playing with the pups ears and setting to work when Candy returned with the clean water. Candy stayed close to Rubisa while she worked, though she scooped up Naria and hugged her again. With a grim face, she went to her pack and returned with a parcel in hand. She unwrapped it, offering Esther a large dose of an herb from their pack.

"Gnaw on this... it will ease the pain a bit.. without you losing your wits, of course. It's what we make the numbing medicine with as well. It will be bitter, and you will be thirsty" the cotton-candy colored shinlai smiled. She did not lie.. the lotion Rubisa was rubbing with gentle hands into the deep gashes along her neck and back were of the same smell.

She set to work removing the large thorns with haste, dabbing on the lotion with her finger as she removed the thorns.

[she's gonna be working for a WHILE, so I thought I would go ahead and occupy her time]
Back to top Go down
http://sammah-sam.deviantart.com/gallery
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:10 am

Breeze eyed Viva, their first meeting hadn't been great, and her brother had vaguely mentioned a run in with the female.

She walked slowly towards her, she was slightly taller than Viva, but nowhere near as massive. "I'll heal your wounds, if you'll allow me to and if you're unable."

Naria giggled as Rubisa played with her ears, "Naria, you brave little thing... You look so much like your dad, but I see your mummy in you too."

"I love my daddy. He sails on a ship. It's so big and he makes the wind that pushes it, and someti.." At that point Candy picked her up so Naria turned her babling to her, "Have you been on daddy's ship Aunty? I have. I love the water. It sparkles, and looks so pretty but it doesn't taste nice. Isaac dared me to drink it and it was yuk, and made me feel sick."
Back to top Go down
http://sylveira.deviantart.com
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:35 pm

[[ yeh, but Breeze and Typhoon are twins yeh? In my mind I always thought Viva would get them confused AHAHAHA ]]

Signia padded towards his mother, slinking as a human made it's way to the lai his Mammy had injured. He plopped down and stared up at his mother, squeaking an apology, knowing full well he'd be in trouble for wandering off.

Viva did not move to look at him, save for her blue eyes, piercing straight through him. She did not need to tell her son how angry she was. She stood above him, sprouting blood from her neck and mouth; still as a tree. Signia gulped bowing his head. He knew his Mammy would never hurt him... and yet her silence always scared him.

Viva turned her exotic set of eyes towards the younger shinlai in the bushes. A smirk creeped across her jowls as she did. She had fought like her once, when she too was just a babe. It made her cold, like she was now. Strong.
She thought of apologizing for a split second, but decided against it.
She did not apologize to anyone.

Viva practically heard her mate's exasperated growl. He always said she was too stubborn. Borderline stupid, he'd argue. Well... she enjoyed being stupid... unpredictable. Made it easy surviving as a Dark Blood all those years.

She noticed a pale female walk towards her now. She recognized the cent as Breeze, an air shinlai. She knew she had met this lai before, and was almost certain they had fought in the desert years ago. Yet, as the air lai drew nearer she realized it couldn't be... could it? The air lai that had nearly done her and her old lover, Taggerung in... that lai was much bigger then either of them. And while this female was larger then Viva, it wasn't by much, and she was certainly leaner.

"I'll heal your wounds, if you'll allow me to and if you're unable."

Viva's stance became studier, instinctively bracing herself. Though she was neither the biggest nor brightest lai, if there was one thing she was good at, it was standing her ground. She huffed and muttered through a growl,"I can do it myself."

Light suddenly began to focus around her neck wounds, long gaping tracks, smearing blood over her long fur. The concentrated light burned against her flesh and hair, the smell was awful, she could admit, but a wound this bloody and deep needed to be sealed off before any healing could be done.

She restrained from wincing, having learned as a young pup to never show pain. She squealed inwardly, as she could obviously feel every bit of the burning.

She huffed, the burning done. Her healing cooled to a warming sensation, buzzing with cool electricity over her neck. Now, all she needed was time. It would scar yes, healing was never perfect. She thought of the thin pink scars a top her feet left by the little Pip bomb some time back.

Given time to think now, as healing and moving around together were labouring tasks after just loosing so much blood, Viva glanced around slowly eyeing the party she had crashed.
Back to top Go down
http://holyfrap.deviantart.com/
S1LV3RDO6
Friend of Hekili
S1LV3RDO6

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Kyamos saw everthing happened, two shinlai fought, saw humans, saw ways of healing. a pup, but his mother so massive whispered to himself, laying on tallest and strudy branch of tall tree. Father taught him everything, how to escape from trap,climbing tree, and Kyamos grew into strong pup by knowing everything, he a smartass. "i wonder if they would find me" telling to himself making him more unsafe feeling. are they dailian too? Kyamos wondered.

(sorry for popping up out of blues XD)
Back to top Go down
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:09 pm

[[ Silver dog, can I just ask... is English your native language? ]]
Back to top Go down
S1LV3RDO6
Friend of Hekili
S1LV3RDO6

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:15 pm

(sadly no english is not my native language, i try best to get my grammar correct and im deaf my native language makes me confuse with english XC im sorry about that)
Back to top Go down
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:26 pm

[[ Oh that's alright! I was just curious is all :3 ]]
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:08 am

Iapto watched the two injured shinlai closely, as the larger one healed her own wounds and the smaller one was tended to by Candy and Rubisa. She exhaled slowly, and went to run a hand through her hair, but was stopped by the muck still clinging to it. "Ugh," she muttered heading for the river, where she crouched and went about washing her face and hair, ideally she could have done with a full wash, but didn't feel like stripping down when surrounded by strange Shinlai, or at least by the aggressive ones.

Once happy that her hands, face and hair was as clean as she'd get them, she rose to her feet and moved over towards Lilith, eyeing her hair and braids. "Hey speckle butt," she said, more in an affectionate way than an insult. "When was the last time these braids were done?" She asked, picking one up and letting it run though her fingers. Lilith was easily two feet taler than her, but the two long pink braids almost brushed the ground, and was in easy reach of Iapto. "Want me to braid them for you? You might still be hot headed but these two seemed to have cooled down. Unless you'd rather spar or something?" She said, grinning and giving the braid a light tug.

Serenity snorted as she tottered down the steps towards them. "I need my mane trimming at some point," she grumbled, moving past them and padding over to the still damp scroll spread out on the rocks, pleased that it hadn't been bloodied or scuffed at any point during the two Shinlai fighting. She spent a moment dithering over it, debating about rolling it up and putting it in her bag, or leaving it to dry a while longer. So long as they weren't forced to make a quick exit she could leave it a while longer.

With a snort, she turner to the large female who had just finished healing her own wounds. "Cute pup, he's quite a cheerful little fellow, even if he was a little jump about the humans," she said. "Didn't appreciate being groomed though," she added as an after thought.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:48 pm

Viva turned divided attention towards the blue lai near the temple. She gestured towards Signia as she spoke,

"Cute pup, he's quite a cheerful little fellow, even if he was a little jump about the humans. Didn't appreciate being groomed though,"

Viva chuckled at the though of her pup squirming under new found attention. "No," her voice boomed louder then needed, starlting herself. She was not a soft spoken lai, compared to the others here. Her voice seemed too loud in the clearing. She cleared her throat,"No, he's not one for baths, admittedly."

Finally, Viva lowered head as far as she could before her antlers hit her back and nudged her pup,"Did you thank the lady for your bath, Signia?"

The green ball of fluff beneath her cringed as he shook his head bashfully. Viva gave him a scornful look,"If you're going to run off whenever you wish, at least keep your manners in mind!"

"Yes, Mamma."

"What would your father say?"

Signia shrugged, when suddenly he looked up bravely,"What would Pappa say when he found out you got into another fight?"

Viva growled, placing her wide paw a top the pup flattening him gently into the grass. "That'll be enough sass out of you mister. Go thank the lady for your bath." "Now!" She roared when Signia hesitated.

The pup tripped and stuttered running over to the blue lai lady and muttering a forced,"Thank you."

Viva began to step closer to the ruins, not daring to get within reach of the scattered stones. Though she was no longer a Darkblood, she still held no respect towards these temples, nor the deity it was built for. She flinched as she passed the human and the still fuming youngster. The human had hints of Pip on her clothing, and Viva realized that was why she couldn't find Pip anywhere. Now that she thought of it, Pip would have run out to see her anyway. Wether she was in the middle of tearing apart another lai or not.
Viva chuckled at the thought.

"Your name?" She asked roughly, towards the blue female.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:30 pm

[[ AAAA FRAP I LOVE HOW YOU RP AND THEIR RELATIONSHIP AND GAH ]]

[[[ mind if I pop in? ]]]
Back to top Go down
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:49 pm

[[ YES DO ITT SIGNIA IS YOURS TOO NOW OMERGAWD

ALSO

PAGE FIVE WUT WUT]]
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 4:43 pm

[[weeeeh I broke my ability to rp]]

In a more quiet part of the forest, a tiny bird pumped it's blood pressure through the roof. On mere inches from its feathertails, a pair of battered teeth snapped close. "Heh." A low chuckle rumbled through his chest. Even though the bird got away, it had been an enjoyable chase. With a long claw, he plucked out some blue feathers from his tongue.

With a satisfied sigh, Phlorian dropped down to his chest. With his hind legs he pushed himself forward. Even though the scratching of the ground against his chest felt amazing he wouldn't dare walking about like this when others were around. It looked and felt ridiculous. Of course Viva had never cared about that, and that was one of the things he found so charming about her.

Come to think of it, where was she? Surely taking Signia for a bath couldn't take that long, even if he was such a little squirmer. The large, gray lai flopped to his back and wriggled around for a bit. He might as well go look what took them so long, he thought to himself. Push the both of them in the lake. He grinned and got up, his heavy paws leaving deep footprints in the soft ground.
Back to top Go down
S1LV3RDO6
Friend of Hekili
S1LV3RDO6

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 4:51 pm

(its alright ;;)
Kyamos came down to lowest branch, crawled over to nearby end which gets thinner and becoming weaker. Got clear look on all four lai's or more.....
*branch snaps*
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Kyamos screamed until he landed with loud thud. "for second time i have fallen off a branch!" angrily mutters to himself, forgetting all shinlai's were around him.
Back to top Go down
Sky-Gin
Friend of NooNoo
Sky-Gin

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Esther smiled gratefully at the human before bending her head down to chew the herbs. She almost spat them right back out, but managed to stop herself and dutifully kept chewing them, wrinkling her nose in disgust at the taste. As she kept chewing on the herbs she glared at the older shinlai as if to say; 'I told you so,' upon the older shinlai not appologizing for her attack. She bared her teeth slightly as Rubisa began to rub lotion over the wounds, but dropped the expression and instead rested her head on her paws. It was then Esther realized just how close to the temple she had come. She shifted uncomfortably, her eyes often glancing at the temple uneasily. She didn't like being around temlpes to Dalia, even the wreaked ones. Being a Darkblood, she rarely came close to temples unless it was to hurt them in some way. She didn't like being around them, it made her feel uneasy.

As a high pitched yell erupted from the trees, Esther stood upright, eyes wide open and alert. She winced slightly as she stood, forgetting about Rubisa who had been attending to her wounds. She set off at a pace as fast as she could go, gritting her teeth against the pain. In truth, she was happy for an excuse to put distance between herself and the temple to Dalia. Otherwise she probably would of sat there and waited for someone else to go and figure out what it was.

She padded through the bushes until she stumbled upon the mint colored shinlai. She sniffed him curiously. Poor thing. He was only a pup.

"You alright, kid?" she asked softly, dimly aware of the fact that a lotion, thorn, and blood covered shinlai might scare the little pup. "Are you lost?" she mewed gently.
Back to top Go down
http://arwogin.deviantart.com/
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 3:13 am

Lilith snorted, more smoke shooting from her nostrils (it was a favorite trick of hers). This time, however, she was frustrated there was no fight. She had too much pent up energy lately. Too much energy and not enough to do. She raised her head, dropping her aggressive stance and quieting her snarling.

"Hey Specklebutt."

Lilith looked down, blinking as she registered Iapto tugging gently at her braids. Lilith smiled slightly, she always had a soft spot for Iapto- for no discernible reason really. "That's Ms. Specklebutt to you."

"When was the last time these braids were done?" Iapto ran the tassle through her hand. Lilith grimaced, well her braids have certainly been better. "Only a week ago, however I've been too close to sea air recently. I couldn't have gotten here without taking a wretched boat from Falden."

"Want me to braid them for you? You might still be hot headed but these two seemed to have cooled down. Unless you'd rather spar or something?"

"How about sparring first? Then you can fix my mane, which, as you've so delicately pointed out, needs fixing," Lilith laughed softly, having a surprisingly lovely laugh for often such a nasty creature. "Shaaaall we?" She asked, bumping Iapto's back and trotting off over the river and into the woods. She saw a clearing a ways back- before they came to the temple. "Iapto and I are going sparring, Mother!" She called over her shoulder as an after thought. She wasn't sure if her mother could actually hear her from this distance.
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:11 pm

His heavy paws thudded loudly on the ground with every step he took. A Shinlai as massive as Phlorian himself would always have a hard time being silent, even if he tried really hard. He wasn't as tall as Rondun, whom he had met once (an intimidating experience since he wasn't used to being overtowered), but usually he'd be the one with the highest view around.

As he progressed, the forest thinned, the trees set wider apart. Occasionally, a ray of sunlight would fall into his eyes. He squinted in discomfort. Even though his element was that of light, Phlorian felt most comfortable at night, bathing in the soft blue light of his own fur and horns. His mind wandered on like that as he moved on. Suddenly, the trees parted and the forest ended at the edge of a high cliff.

A strong gust of wind blew through his mane. The view was breathtaking. At his paws, the ground dropped some hundred feet, into the forest. Far beneath he could see the ancient ruins of Daila's temple, now battered and broken, yet still vast and magnificent. Squinting again he could barely make out some figures wandering around. Then his eye cought the charasteristic blue glow and massive fluff of his dear mate. A smile spread over his face as he started to make his way down.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Serenity watched the mother and son seemingly have an argument.

"That'll be enough sass out of you mister. Go thank the lady for your bath. Now!"

"Thank you." He muttered, scurrying over to her

"Your name?" The large female asked.

“Serenity.” She said, easing herself down into a have sat, half sprawled position. “And yours?” She asked curtly, giving Signia a light nudge with her paw. She liked the pup, despite the large aggressive mother, who didn’t seem afraid of using her strength to attack smaller Shinlai. “What brings you to this area?” She asked, more of a polite way, than a prying way. Although that was a bonus. She glanced around as Lilith wondered off with Iapto, but she wasn’t too worried about it, they tended to do that.

-----

"How about sparring first? Then you can fix my mane, which, as you've so delicately pointed out, needs fixing. Shaaaall we?” Lilith asked bumping Iapto’s back and trotting past her.

Iapto grinned and bounced over the river as well as she could, trotting after the bright Shinlai, and trying not to laugh at the way she held her tail. “Shan’t bother with the knives.” She said, more to herself than Lilith. She didn’t like waving her knives around at her friends, sparing or not.

She shrugged out of her jacket and dropped the two long knives on top, before stretching lazily as she turned to face Lilith. True her shoulder was still hurting from a scuffle she had a while back, but the only way she was going to get stronger, was to exercise. “No element, no teeth, claws are so so.” She said, pointing at Lilith with a slight grin. “And no hair pulling either.” She added.

Best to cover all bases...
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Among the Temple Ruins   Among the Temple Ruins - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Among the Temple Ruins
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: Grab your masks, it's RP time :: The Village-
Jump to: