Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Boiling blood brews

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Boiling blood brews Empty
PostSubject: Boiling blood brews   Boiling blood brews EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:48 am

This rp is for anyone who wants to join but pls note. As usually standard rules apply no kill or maiming.

It was evening the sun had long set and the busy streets of the merchant town had all but died down, Jagter walked out of the pub shouldering a drunken guildsman. "Damn you! This is the third time this month!" Jagter said with a tone scathing with frustration "If I wasn't put in charge of you, I'd leave you to your drunkeness!" The drunken guildsman turned his head towards Jagter and said "I'vee could have taken those...those...punks" He said with heavy slur "You forget who I am..." "No you forget who you are when your drunk." Jagter said "Now come on before those guys you pissed off decide to clean your clock." As Jagter and the drunken guilds man began walking away they heard a shout "Hey that's the guy get him!" Jagter turned to see 3 man closing the distance between him and the pub. Damn it what did he do this time!?!" Jagter thought
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

Boiling blood brews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boiling blood brews   Boiling blood brews EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:06 pm

((PLEASE NOTE: This thread has constructive criticism on. If you are confused by a post or have a suggestion on how a post can be improved please chime in. This is for the benefit of improving writing skill. ANYONE who isn't in the roleplay may chime in but it HAS to be constructive. No saying "this is a crappy post because_____."

For the post above me I have the following suggestions
* Put spaces in your paragraph. When a person speaks then it switches to another, there should be a new paragraph. It will make your post appear short, yes, but that is how dialogue is written.

* Watch phrasing. "I'd leave you to your drunkenness" could be stated better. Also, watch repetition. You have "drunken guildsman" right above "leave you to your drunkenness" and then "drunken guildsman" right afterward. We know which character is drunk and which is not. The repetition can be replaced by pronouns or other statements. Also, "decide to clean your clock" is quite unconventional phrasing, but you got the point across as malicious intent so it is understood. Just be careful in the instance of using phrases like that in the future because without the context they may not be as clear.

And that's how it'll work. You just list what you feel could be changed. Posts do not need to be edited in accordance to these suggestions. They are simply things to help with future posts.))
----

The thinnest of the three men was dressed in dark brown, leather armour. He hung back behind the other two a little while holding a knife menacingly. He wore a cruel sneer on his face but his eyes held a fog behind them. It was obvious this man had been drinking. His stance was unusually wide as if he were worried about tripping over. He spat at the ground near the guildsman's feet.

"You shtole somefin of mine," the drunk man slurred. He pointed the tip of the knife forward. "And I want it back."

He had no idea that Jagter was there, nor did he care.

Back to top Go down

Boiling blood brews
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: Grab your masks, it's RP time :: The Library - Storyline Roleplay-
Jump to: