Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ayla-Tulay
Friend of NooNoo
Ayla-Tulay

backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions Empty
PostSubject: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 2:56 pm

this is an rp line for the story behind Aylas growing up and decisions. and it's only just beginning
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a festival in Ocean port to celebrate the changing of seasons was is the process of being set up by both the shinlai and the humans that lived in the surrounding areas.Ayla-Tulay, the young daughter of two high contributors so the festivities. as they were helping to set up for the festivities young Ayla had seen something shimmering along the side of one of the alleyways and she went to investigate getting lost in the crowd of people and shinlai and following the shiny/glowy thing she had spotted near the alley.she had followed it through the alleys and across roads filled with festivities until she had reached the ocean side on the edge of town. she was no sure how she had gotten there or how she was going to get back to her family. she looked around for anyone that could help her. being raised by dalians she learned to trust those around her. she lay down under a tree watching the sun set on the ocean and the glowing creatures close to the oceans surface.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Tullia had just arrived in Ocean Port from West Rendali the evening before the festival. Having overheard of its grandness from travelers, Tullia had to come. A festival was a perfect place to capture unattended young. Having slept in the surrounded woodlands where she felt more comfortable, Tullia made her way back into the city before the crowds flooded the streets. Finding a shady alley near the center of the festival she rested, observing the Shinlai arriving. After a while a couple appeared with a young pup, after studying them for a moment she realized that the parents were far to busy with the setup to pay much attention to their pup. Watching the pup for a while out of the corner of her eye, waiting for it to stray away from its protectors.
It wasn't too long before the pup started running around playfully out of its parents sight, wandering into the crowd that was forming. Tullia look around for a moment to ensure the parents were busy before trotting off at a distance behind the pup, who had gone down a alleyway.
As the sun began to set, Tullia spotted the pup once again lying under a tree. Approaching cautiously as not to frighten the pup.

"Hello little one, have you become lost?"
she said as friendly as she could, and speaking before she was seen as her mask may scare the pup at first sight.
Back to top Go down
http://aydenna.deviantart.com/
Ayla-Tulay
Friend of NooNoo
Ayla-Tulay

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 3:21 pm

Ayla looked around for the Lai whom had spoken to her. she was still watching the fireflies dance around and had been calmed by their light.
"yeah, i followed these things and now i don't know where i am or how to get back." she said with good enunciation even though she is still young.

she was smart for her age when it came to talking. she stood up and looked around once more for the Lai to reveal herself.

"who are you?" she asked softly as she tilted her head towards the shadows.
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Tullia look at the fireflies for a moment before laying down beside the tree. Still trying to look less intimidating, but ready to run if a parent showed up...
Tullia would try to avoid a fight rather than get herself harmed or lose control of her element.

"My name is Tullia. You talk very well for being so young" Tullia said "What is your name?"
Back to top Go down
Ayla-Tulay
Friend of NooNoo
Ayla-Tulay

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 4:03 pm

"my name Is Ayla-Tulay, but you may call me Ayla Miss Tullia." she giggled slightly and laid back down where she was. her parents were still too busy with the festival to realize she had gone. they figured she was with other young lai and watched by other elders. Ayla watched the fireflies and looked out to the swimming colours on the ocean. she loved looking at the lights in the darkness. the colours and glow brought a happy feeling to her.
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:14 am

As they watch the fireflies float around the sounds of the waves crashing softly against the shore began to lull Ayla to sleep. Tullia got up and look around after a while ensuring the pup was fast asleep. Picking up Ayla by the scruff of her neck, careful not to wake her, Tullia trot off lightly into the night back to her camp.
Laying Ayla in the basket she brought with her to carry a pup in, Tullia then closed it and packed up. As morning approach Tullia arrived into the shipyard. A trade ship was heading to West Rendali that morning. Paying her fare Tullia lay below deck, they gladly accepted her generous offer of coins. Normally passengers were not permitted. It soon became a bright sunny day and Ayla began to wake up.
Back to top Go down
Ayla-Tulay
Friend of NooNoo
Ayla-Tulay

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:40 am

as the day came to a rise and the sun began to shine through the gates on the ship into the basket that Ayla was asleep in she began to stir and wake up. she didn't know where she was or how she had gotten there. she stretched slightly and peeked her head out of the basket to look around. she stood up and went to step out of the basket it falling over as she did so.

"what the-? where am i?" she said softly smelling the fish and ocean water of the boat. she saw the step and curiously walked towards them. unsure if anyone or any other Lai was there with her.

she had no idea what to expect next.
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:57 am

Before Ayla has the chance to leave the room Tullia stood in the doorway, quickly looking behind her at the merchants talking. Tullia snatched up Ayla and placed her within the basket once again. Surely they would recognize the pup from Ocean Port and attack her. With nowhere to run, she could not afford a battle.

"Quiet now" Tullia said softly laying down with Ayla "Don't let them hear you or you could be thrown overboard"
Tullia dug in one of her satchels for some fruits. "Are you hungry?" she ask quietly.
Back to top Go down
Ayla-Tulay
Friend of NooNoo
Ayla-Tulay

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:03 am

Ayla let out a slight squeak at the quick snatching up. and looked at Tullia. "yes please." she said softly. "miss Tullia, where are we going?" she asked slightly confused as to where she was still.

she got comfy in the basket once an=gain even though she wanted out of it to be able to cuddle close to Tullia hoping she would be safe with her.

"are we safe here Miss Tullia?" she looked up hoping for an answer to clear her thoughts.
surprisingly she was more curious as to where she was going and if Miss Tullia would protect her than to where her parents were and why they were not here with her. it was as if she had almost forgotten and no longer cared.
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:12 am

Tullia look over her shoulder again at the males then back to Ayla. Seeing the fear in the young lai's eyes Tullia sighed for a moment before pulling the basket over toward her. Perhaps the pup needed to be close, afterall she was still so young.

"We are going to my home" said Tullia laying down some fruits and vegetables she had purchased in Ocean Port.
"We will be safe, I will protect you..." Tullia said nuzzling Ayla into her thick mane "Eat up okay"

Tullia stay alert still, carefully watching the merchants. Ayla was hidden in her mane for the most part. Hopefully they would arrive in Norport within the week.
Back to top Go down
Ayla-Tulay
Friend of NooNoo
Ayla-Tulay

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:21 am

Ayla looked up at Tullia and smiled "i get to stay with you Miss Tullia?" she nuzzled the thick Fur and began to eat a little bit of the fruits. she was hungry and they had tasted so sweet as she bit into them.
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:40 am

Tullia look down at Ayla. This pup had revealed a softer side within her. One she had though she had lost....

"Sure, you can stay with me Ayla" said Tullia with a smile.

Hidden in her fur Ayla rest with her. Tullia watch over her the next couple days allowing her to play quietly during the nights. With good weather they arrived early into Norport. Leaving the ship with Ayla in her basket, Tullia trot into the city market to pick up supplies. Away from the shipyard Tullia reach around and flip the top off the basket for Ayla to see. The coin purse around her neck jingle softly.

"What kind of foods do you like to have?" ask Tullia observing the merchant stalls from the shade of a building.
With her thick dark fur, Tullia rather stay in the shadows than in the sun.
Back to top Go down
Ayla-Tulay
Friend of NooNoo
Ayla-Tulay

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:48 am

Ayla hopped out of the basket making sure not to make it fall over this time her long mane starting to become a problem with the length being in her eyes. she brushed it back with a paw and looked around spotting fruits and meats of all kinds in this market place.

"can we get some meats miss Tullia?" she asked politely "and some more fruits?" she smiled looking up to her.

aylas colours had started to dull and darken some with her growing. (hence her long mane in her face :P )

she looked around some more and thought about wandering but she decided to stay close to Tullia for safety.
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 4:16 am

Walking beside Ayla into the market, Tullia made sure nobody would step on her.

"Pick out whatever you would like" said Tullia noticing Ayla's fur had gotten a bit longer since last week.

"Your a growing pup after all" she said grinning slightly. Having Ayla with her reminded Tullia of her own travels as a youngblood with, her mentor, Mallantha
Back to top Go down
Ayla-Tulay
Friend of NooNoo
Ayla-Tulay

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 4:24 am

Ayla wandered around looking at all of the market ares and then at Tullia picking up some Fruits, Apples, Mangoes, strawberries, blackberries, anything that seemed sweet or smelled good as well as meats such as beef, and deer meat. she looked up at Tullia "how long am i going to be staying with you?" she wondered curiously not really wanting to leave. she enjoyed the company and attention that Tullia had given her compared to that of her parents who were always bust with something council related or decorating for festivities. she was used to being alone but she liked her new surroundings and Tullia.
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:46 pm

As Tullia made purchases of things Ayla had her eyes on, her satchels became full. Fresh foods would spoil quicker so she made sure to get some dried meats and breads which lasted longer. Ayla then looked up at her and asked how long she would be staying with her. Tullia didn't know how to tell Ayla she was never going home...usually Tullia would end up traumatizing the pup during the napping with nightmares...

"Err, don't you like staying with me" Tullia said instead of giving her a direct answer.

Tullia walk off a bit to some shade as the sun was getting too hot for her.
Back to top Go down
Ayla-Tulay
Friend of NooNoo
Ayla-Tulay

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Ayla smiled "of course i do miss Tullia, makes me never want to go back. my parents never paid too much attention to me anyways." she looked down at the ground towards the end of that sentence. she followed Tullia into the Shade. the coll feeling nice although the light did as well. "she looked back at Tullia. Miss Tullia do i have to go home?" she asked looking up at her.

she looked around again at all the birds flying around and the people and other shinlai in the market area. she thought it was a wondrous sight.
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:39 pm

"You don't have to go back" said Tullia laying out some of the fresh meats and vegetables for lunch. Tullia was planning to travel that evening heading towards the city of Maia. It would take over a week and maybe longer with Ayla... Tullia wasn't in a rush to get back to Sunset Peak, she would like to bond a bit more with the pup and teach her about surviving in the wild.

"Come sit down and have something to eat, we will be leaving the city soon" said Tullia laying down resting.
"Tell me, what do you know about hunting... did your parents ever show you how?"

Back to top Go down
Ayla-Tulay
Friend of NooNoo
Ayla-Tulay

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:45 pm

"alright" Ayla said and listened obediently. she laid down beside Tullia and rolled over some of the fruits. she was partial to the sweet tastes. however that doesn't stop her from nomming on some of the meats here and there.

"my parents were always too busy to show me how to hunt. i have tried to chase a bird before but with no luck sadly." she looked up to Tullia. "why are you so kind to me miss Tullia? i haven't met a lai like you... but i like you" she smiled.

Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Tullia ate a bit of the fresh meats as Ayla talk for a moment. She ask why Tullia was so kind towards her.

"When I was a pup growing up with my family, I wasn't treated so fairly and often ignored by my parents... I look different from my siblings so they teased me relentlessly..
As my dark element developed my parents soon disowned me as their own. My father then abandoned me in the city, they were afraid of me. Nobody should have to be treated that way just because of what element they have or what they look like. You should have fun as a pup, be given the attention and affection you need. Not be ignored and forgotten about. Then abandoned when you did not meet your parents expectations...." said Tullia a bit upset thinking about her own parents and how messed up she had become after her abandonment.

Lost in thought for a moment she look back at Ayla

"You deserve more than ignorant parents." said Tullia "Too blind to see that they are ignoring their child..."

Back to top Go down
Ayla-Tulay
Friend of NooNoo
Ayla-Tulay

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Ayla had become sad when she had heard what had happened to Tullia as a pup.

to show Tullia that she was also cared for She nuzzled Tullia. "i don't mind what your element is, you are nice to me. " she smiled and pressed her little nose against Tullia's cheek.

"so where are we headed next?" she asked curious as to their next venture. "what are we gonna do there? are there gonna be more lai? are they as nice as you are?" she asked these questions being as she is still a young pup and a curious one at that.

"when we get there am i still gonna be staying with you?" she asked Tullia looking up at her observantly.
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:14 am

As Ayla nuzzled into her cheek fluff, Tullia was glad that the pup trusted her. It would be easier to take her along to Sunset Peak.
Ayla then began with the questions and Tullia waited until she was finished before trying to answer.

"We are going to the city of Maia" said Tullia getting up "There we can get more supplies from merchant lai, in a couple weeks we will be close to my home and you can stay in my burrow if you like"
Tullia trot off a bit and look back to Ayla waiting for her to follow.
Back to top Go down
Ayla-Tulay
Friend of NooNoo
Ayla-Tulay

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:26 am

Ayla trotted of behind Tullia "that sound wonderful" she smiled as they continued on their journey.

to ayla it had seemed like the had been walking for hours but she liked the sights and the views. she kept looking around at things.
she saw a Squirrel by a tree along the way and paused a moment. she wanted to try and catch it. she crouched down and walked slowly towards it and lept at the squirrel. it saw her and it began to run away from her "hey get back her!!" she yelled to the squirrel as she chased after it. she didn't know where she was going she just knew she wanted to catch the squirrel and prove she was worth something to miss Tullia. after a few minutes of her chasing it she started to grow aggravated with it and lept at it once more her claws out in front of her and jaws open to bite its neck. she had caught it. she was proud and wanted to show miss Tullia.

she headed back to the path where she had left miss Tullia and when she found her she ran in front of her and placed down the squirrel she had caught in front of her. "look i did it! i caught it." she said proudly.
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:15 am

Tullia walk along keeping an eye on Ayla, who didn't stray too far behind. Suddenly Ayla rushed off into the trees. Tullia heard her yell as the pup chase a squirrel around. Pausing for a moment and watching the young Shinlai hunt with frustration, until Ayla lept and caught the squirrel.
Tullia smile and walked on a bit before Ayla ran in front of her happily, Tullia stop and watch as Ayla lay down the kill looking up to her proud of what she had done.

"Well done Ayla" said Tullia "Bring it along unless you want to eat it now, remember that if you hunt and kill you must use the animals meat."

Tullia look at her small satchels on her harness, if Ayla needed she could come up with something to carry her kill.
Back to top Go down
Ayla-Tulay
Friend of NooNoo
Ayla-Tulay

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:19 am

"i understand" she said obediantly.

Ayla smiled happily and picked up the small squirrel in her mouth again began trotting along side Tullia again.

her mouth being full so she could not ask any more questions until the had stopped to eat or had reached somewhere for her to take rest and lay down the kill in her mouth.she stayed quiet and just followed Tullia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions   backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions Empty

Back to top Go down

backstory- Ayla-Tulay, her growing decisions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: Grab your masks, it's RP time :: The Village-
Jump to: