Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

why is the forum so empty

Go down 
+10
Jeep-the-dragon
NthKaro
Blue
Toadfoal
Rhavnora
Selousi
Kordasai
Kaylex
Forrgotenrose
Wyco
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

why is the forum so empty Empty
PostSubject: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:39 pm

I hate to break to you all this forum is nearly as quiet as a grave why?
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Yeah, I've noticed that too :/
Unfortunately, I don't know why its gone dead, and nor do I have any idea's about how we could get it active again. Any Rp that's started seems to dwindle and die off to quickly to keep people's interest.

Pity.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:05 pm

yeah I notice people loss intrest seemly too fast it ruins and discourages any good rps. They seem to only stay if it holds their attention long enough
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:32 am

Even trying things like forum based events (like designing the DB symbol) didn't hold onto people for long. They came, took part and then left again :/

I think you and I are the only ones to keep coming back each day...

That I'm aware of at least.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:54 am

yeah I notice that too maybe rping has become not fun any more. Most likely they aren't being simulated enough like warcraft use to be the most popular mmorp game but after a few expensions of turn out the same but slightly different content wasn't enough and the game became boring. An idea I have is to let the shinlai me other original species and mix it up it would likely bring more people and hold their attention longer.
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:02 am

I still exist, sorry guys. ^^; I've been neglecting the internet while on break between semesters. I DO like the idea of adding in other species besides shinlai and humans. It helps flesh out the world a bit
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:31 pm

The problem with that is it would mean an awful lot more work for Alana and the shinlai alone give her enough work to do, so I doubt having more species would help :/
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Yeah, that's true too. :/ Shame.. I guess all we can really do is hope others return to roleplaying? I posted this morning but I doubt anyone will respond.
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:31 pm

EEEERK Sorry...the ONLY computer in the house crashed. :/ just got it fixed yesterday :( Puuuu...

Back to top Go down
http://ladykervein.deviantart.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:30 am

I'm actually still around, but since everyone's been dead I keep myself quiet ;n; shame though, we have quite a few members that should bounce in.
Perhaps try some sort of major event?
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:09 am

What if their was another faction like on for the humans? like what if a human wanted to be neutral and didn't care for daidian's or dark bloods in a word moderates (in their minds why would people believe in daila, after all she's like a god head for shinlai not humans.)
make idk faction challenges things of that sort that will bring fun and a reason to be active on the forum. As for the other species part of the forum should be an alternate universe that will require much less trouble
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:32 am

I know that there's one new thing planned for the group, and that Sirry's working on it (not gonna say what)

But if you guys want to think up things and tell me, then go right ahead, I can pass it around the admins c:

And an alternate universe sounds like more trouble. Like where would you draw the line, what's allowed, what's not and so on :/
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:46 am

An alternate universe doesn't have to be canon it could be separate it would give people the ability to bring their own creativity to the forum that could be a reason why the forum is empty,and you don't have to draw a line thats what makes it intresting
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:52 am

I have to say, the inactivity in the forum kind of deters people from the Lai contest who might want to join in.

But our problem is on the group scale, people are kind of timid or lazy I guess and they see a post and don't check it out. And if they do, they don't want to join it because they're not motivated enough.

So what do we do to fix that?

And I also have to agree. Unless there were a way for galaxies or universes that people make to actually interact with the Lai one, I wouldn't try it.

Because science.

/Science/
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 3:38 pm

but this is a fantasy forum while I do agree that science plays a somewhat moderate role I thing their would be little to no problem except for guagings the strengths of powers and their effects
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 3:52 pm

Wyco, I've said no. That's the end of it understand?

And don't say 'but why'. It would be too much hassle for the admins to over see, keep it fair and stop people from god modding. If someone wants to Rp an AU, then they can do it through notes/emails/PM's.

But we are not having an alternate universe on this forum.

Feel free to come up with other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:39 pm

wow I was just asking you don't have to be snippy I was merely replying to Selousi's comment. I understand the god mod part Another suggestion I had was challenges like faction contests or things as such
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Yeah. Any AU's would make the actual Lai story kind of ridiculed and it would give it kind of a bad rep.

It's practically like inserting another series into something. Like a crossover.

They should never be. XD
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:49 pm

I see where your coming from Selousi I didn't consider that. Well another thing that may catch more livelyhood on the forum why not make the shinlai's stories dynamic where everyone add to the main story to develope one community story line.
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Sorry I have been off so long. I got sick and some other things happened. I'm sorry I don't really have any ideas for turning the forum around. Maybe a shinlai ball? You know like they all get prettyed up and goof off. We could annouce new threads (is that what a new rp is called?) on the Community on DA. Like the first time I joined an rp was when Linalis posted a picture of it. So I joined it because I knew it was going on.
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:37 pm

I've been kind of lurking in 'not logged in' mode.
If you want my non-professional opinion, I think we need higher stakes. It is possible to have a group of roleplay scenarios go in 'cold war' mode for quite some time, but eventually the tension wears off once people give up on the idea of an actual war ever starting. Death and bloodshed would really jolt this place, bring up a surge of emotions and whatnot, but we can't just go around killing our characters...

I dunno. I could be wrong! Maybe it's just that we need an influx of new faces, or old faces to reinforce the characters and ideas we know best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toadfoal.deviantart.com
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:05 am

Toad, you've given me an idea. The only problem is, I'm not sure if it'll be allowed. I'll have to speak to Alana first.
And I'm not saying what it is, because if she says no, I don't want all of you to have gotten your hopes up.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:40 am

I do agree wth you toad it does seem like violence drives the people back to the forums but they quickly lost intrest in the rp because they feel as they can just drop it the higher stakes will make people be stay on the forum more and for longer too
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 2:30 am

Personally, I think if we could have a mini-plot going on the forum it would be really cool! Perhaps a small scale battle on the borders of Darkblood/Dailan territory!

But, as Rose said, I am working on something with Alana that should stir up quite a bit of activity in this place! The entire group hopefully ;)
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Sub-plots are always a good way to give a site life. I agree on that much lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why is the forum so empty   why is the forum so empty Empty

Back to top Go down

why is the forum so empty
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next