Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

shinlai and human developements technological and cultural

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

shinlai and human developements technological and cultural Empty
PostSubject: shinlai and human developements technological and cultural   shinlai and human developements technological and cultural EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:11 pm

I haven't been on this site for awhile as lfe has keep me busy ( and I discovered steam). Through out watching the shinlai(s)and reading various ref sheets I have seen that while shinlai do work and live in human society they work relativily simple jobs and seemingly have low political and societal standings, excluding the elites. I've also began to wonder how are shinlai and human commerance and economics are depended upon each other? I've notice that while many shinlai work simple jobs and professions such as being mask makers and so on, but I also wondered how much do shinlai contributed to commerance like being artisan, mathemations, lawyers and so on or are they like immigrant works who are used for cheap labor. I've also wondered how well do shinlai and humans in each others societies interact like pertaining to religion, laws, cultures, technology and social caste systems. discuss please
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: shinlai and human developements technological and cultural   shinlai and human developements technological and cultural EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:04 pm

VipSora is kind of a teacher/scribe who teaches both races. I'm not sure if that is what you were looking for or not.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: shinlai and human developements technological and cultural   shinlai and human developements technological and cultural EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:54 am

Shinlai will take on just as many jobs as the humans will, however to some creators certain jobs are more interesting to Rp with or depict. Having a mask maker is more of a talking point than being a lawyer or mathemation.

In some cases Shinlai are better suited to some jobs over others/humans, a water Shinlai for example would be an excellent fisherman, as their power over the water would mean they could trap and hunt fish with relative ease. Earth Shinlai would be good farmers or builders, being able to shape the earth into buildings, or encouraging crops to grow and flourish. Fire Shinlai would be good blacksmiths, for obvious reasons, and so on and so forth. With a fair few of the Shinlai being able to heal, they'd also be able to help in hospitals, and could take care of both humans and Shinlai.

They live in a culture where the two species work alongside each other, the humans have thumbs and can manipulate things a fair bit better (many shinlai have their manes braided by humans), but the Shinlai's greater strength means they can do a lot of heavy lifting and arduous tasks that a human might not have the stamina for.

And like Rhav said, her Shinlai is a teacher/scribe and my Serenity is a librarian. So while more arty jobs are chosen by the group members, there will be Shinlai taking up the other jobs alongside humans. Adlai, Rondun, Darius, Brute and Linx are all politicians really! And Adlai and Rondun work alongside Lydia, who is a human politicians, Nathan is pretty close to being an accountant of sorts (I forget what OddOsprey put on his ref)

I doubt they'd be used like immigrant workers unless forced into slave labour or choosing to work like that. Lets face it, stopping a fully grown Shinlai from leaving somewhere would be a difficult task to compete with.

Umm what else was there.. Ahh yes!

Both humans and Shinlai share many cities/towns/villages, to interacting in each others society isn't a problem. There are humans that worship Daila, and there are humans that follow Darius. The two races have grown up alongside each other, developing and interacting with each other for thousands of years, they're used to each other and know how to work together.

It might be a strange idea to us, living along side larger and stronger creatures, but to the humans of Elaisha, it'll be completely normal.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: shinlai and human developements technological and cultural   shinlai and human developements technological and cultural EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:59 pm

what I meant say is that which culture is more dominate, is their just one culture or multiply cultures; is their just worship of dailia in all cultures or is there other deities in various cultures? are their any other religions,if so what are they like ?

Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: shinlai and human developements technological and cultural   shinlai and human developements technological and cultural EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:59 am

Ahh okay.
Currently it's just one culture the Shinlai and humans together so there isn't really a dominant one. Even with the different countries, there's still just one, mainly because it's extremely hard work to create just one culture, let alone multiple. So there's just one. I believe Daila is worshipped all over the world.

As for other religions, I believe this will be of interest for that topic: http://theshinlaiworld.tumblr.com/post/34953790812/heres-some-basic-information-about-the-circle Ladeth is treated like a 'devil', and worship or him is pretty much banned. http://theshinlaiworld.tumblr.com/post/35751650054/is-ladeth-worshipped-in-any-way-by-shinlai-perhaps-in

In fact that blog has a fair few post you might enjoy reading.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shinlai and human developements technological and cultural   shinlai and human developements technological and cultural Empty

Back to top Go down

shinlai and human developements technological and cultural
Page 1 of 1