Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

What would your shinlai/human be like...

Go down 
+10
Silveera
TheAlbinoBunny
Rondun
Forrgotenrose
Kordasai
NthKaro
Alana
Selousi
Jeep-the-dragon
Morganism135
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

What would your shinlai/human be like... Empty
PostSubject: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:39 pm

... If they had a bad past- if it hadn't happened? If it was all hunky-dory?
Like...
What if Aria hadn't died?
What if Rosemary hadn't gotten the ashes plague?
What if Iapto hadn't gotten lost?
What if Mel's parents never left?

So I ask you, people of the shinlai community- what are your 'what if's?
Back to top Go down
http://issamorg.deviantart.com/
Jeep-the-dragon
Friend of Silas
Jeep-the-dragon

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:45 pm

If Eldon hadn't got beaten up and taken away he will still be with Siren and wont have a scared up face. Reza would have a different mask instead of her fathers. Siren wount have fallen in love again with Bolla... Thats all I can thing of if they dont have a bad past. I dont know about my Erwil though. I haven't thought of his past yet.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:34 pm

If Selousi didn't get lost, she would have become a darkblood and be extremely arrogant and violent. Enough said right there. Heehe
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
Alana
Admin
Alana

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Oh, gosh, this is gonna get deep. It's amazing how one thing can turn someone's life around, and how much it impacts the past, present, and the future.

Rosemary would have never faced her nightmare, Brute, and would be a gentle giant, protecting others and serving in the name of Daila.

I really can't wait to see what Rondun says <3
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:30 pm

If Conner had decided to embrace his dark element, he may have been a much different guy then he is today. As for Lyle or Aston, they don't have a bad past to deal with.
Back to top Go down
http://kyuubi-of-the-night.deviantart.com/
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:49 am

if Kordi had known even ONE of his parents? ooooh.... well he would probably be less neutral. evil in all likelyhood... perhaps he would learn ot love? the good way XD

And Rei... his life is crap.... so lets go with; he was nto born in captivity....
He would be light-follower. he does have a kinder side...no one fierce or brave enough to stand his heat can get that far into his head though XD
Back to top Go down
http://ladykervein.deviantart.com
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:46 am

You had to mention it didn't you?
*takes deep breath*

If Alk and Lycu's dad hadn't died of the ashes, then lycu wouldn't have gone insane, alk wouldn't have been beaten, neither of them would have left Indigo island, Lycu wouldn't have joined the DB's and become an advisor, so through that he wouldn't have dragged Alk off to become a DB she would still be with her first mate (long story), she'd have never gone down to Tieto and she'd never have met Dag, they'd never of had Pip, (although she'd probably have a few pup with her first mate) she'd never have met all the lai's she thinks of as BFF's. And would be COMPLEATLY different, but still floofly.
Oh and they'd be both hardcore Daila worshipers.

Dagda on the other hand, has two way he could have gone... The most traumatic thing in his past was falling off a cliff and that made him become a healer and be poop scared of death.
SO he could have either spent his time working on his element and becoming stronger with it, probably still going to Tieto to see the Elites.
OR
He could of chased after his Scylla to stop her becoming a DB and then realising he could be much stronger with them...

As for Pip, you have any idea how bubble wrapped her life is right now? NO TRAUMA! So she'd probably be normal, apart from the fact Alk and Dag would never have met/had her...

Iapto! Wouldn't have gotten herself split off from the troupe, and would be causing havoc with Farai all day long. Although I have a feeling she'd still have managed to find Echo ._. Maybe he tried to steal some thing of her and she chased him...
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:53 pm

o3o oh geez, let me think.

If Aria hadn't died of the Ashes Plague, Rondun would not have met Adlai, and it would have been harder for the Modher to rise to power. With that said, ultimately there would be no "Dailian Elites" to deny Darius from his uprising. No provocation from Rondun's brute aggression, as he violently took the down the Kordeth in their first meeting, to condone their virtuous reign to the position of one under complete rebellion. There'd be ambition for change on Adlai's part, but I wouldn't be the one to predict the outcome or the level of his motivation as a single cell. He'd need to find another gargantuan partner to keep him in line.

Rondun certainly would have had a mate over the past hundred years. He wouldn't be the guy who can't maintain a relationship because of his own self doubt. He'd probably even gain more confidence and patience through the light of his life than in his time with Adlai Modher as an authoritative figure. They would have been nomads, striving to fulfill Aria's dream of traveling all over the stretch of Elaisha, visiting and taking in the many cultures of humans and Shinlai alike across the land. Thus meaning Rondun's faith would not rely solely on Daila. He only began looking to her as a deity after Adlai introduced him to her as a source of comfort after Aria's death. Of course the two of them would have known a good bit about Daila, however Aria's open-minded approach to the ways of people would have exposed them to other beliefs as well. Besides, the little female is way too stubborn to conform to something as simple as one belief.

Let's not forget about Marrinus either. Had Rondun and Adlai not risen to their Elite status, he who had been driven mad by the death of his comrades and thus blamed Rondun's desertion for their succumbing to the plague would not have heard about his rival's ascension to the throne. Without that trigger to get him to remember his hate for the now Elite Dark Shinlai, Marrinus would have remained in his state of self inflicted solitude. He would never have been discovered by the Revolution. While he'd still maintain a selfish outlook, his sociopathic tendencies and calculated habit of taking advantage of his comrades would not have surfaced. He would never have been presented with his chances at Rondun (by sheer luck or otherwise) and he'd have never allowed for a sense of comraderie between himself and Lycu. Alkyone's former mate would still be alive and the blind and deaf twins Twi and La would still be facing the elements out in the wilderness without any disturbance (not to mention he wouldn't need to take care of a baby >>). In the end, he'd either have died alone out of insanity or of loneliness itself.

Oh and Ronny wouldn't have a last name :> Since he was orphaned and had no idea of the origins of his parents, he had no namesake to go by as a pup. He would be forced to make one up when Adlai and him began to gain influence. As a lack of a proper name, inheritance, and thus social status made it near impossible for him to gain the respect of high ranking officials. It's hard enough he's a Dark Shinlai representing the embodiment of Light and Shinlai belief, he didn't need a thief and pauper's status weighing him down. ie: I would have resorted to making something up too xD looks better on paper. OH and there would be no Aria Natural Reserve (gifted to the Shinlai Dailian Elites by the humans) for Larkein and Sitka to look after D:

Depressing topic is depressing >> anything else I forgot to over analyze? xD
Back to top Go down
http://oddosprey.deviantart.com/
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:53 am

Okay wow that is a lot to take in! It Is also a very interesting read.

Well let's start with Zeke.

He had a easy going life with his mother and father till seven, but if Lycu never left I assume Zeke would have never cared as much as he did for his mother, or worked so hard on his elemental skills. Then also if Lycu had Stayed I bet he would be staying around both Lycu and possibly his mother since part of her death was caused by depression. He also might be more gentle and less rough and wanting to know things right away. Plus he would have never met Scylla or many of the friends he has now I am sure, and he might be less db than he is now without wanting to go around looking for Lycu.

As for Riya well if her father cared more and never thought her red eyes were a bad thing she would have never left with we mother which led to her meeting Aria who made Riya relize her red eyes should not keep her shy even though they were rather menacing. She would not have traveled so or met her first mate who gave her Ahura, and she would have never found Roxas half dead in a alley. So much can change from one small event it is hard to mention it all really.

Okay for La and a little Twi, but I think Saph may have some imput here as well.

So if la and her sister had never fallen in a river which washed them away from there parents, I think they would jar had a more gaurded life being blind and deaf. Because there parents probaly thought they could never learn to fend for themselves. And La would have never opened up so much and I bet when she got older she would be a complete jerk over being just grouchy a lot sometimes and she would probaly still be with her sister. And she would never Meet Pip and her family who took her in once lost from Twi.

So yes each are short because this is the first time I had ever thought of this! Also Saph if you wanna add to Twi and la go for it. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://Thealbinobunny.deviantart.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 9:01 am

Hmm let's see....gonna make it short for them all of else i'd be writing a wall of text.

ok, imma start with Echo. If Echo had never left the raiders, he'd never had lost an eye and became a run away, thus not meeting Iapto again. He would have never set Nill loose and would have never found Nootau and raised him. He would continue to be with his family and friends and pillage innocent villages and shinlai.

If Nill had never gotten separated and sold to the metalworks shop she would never have met Autan, gotten her scars and become paranoid with life and most humans. She would have grown up a fairly normal shinlai along with her brother and possibly be able to master her element properly, as well as have a masking ceremony like any other normal lai.

If Nootau hadn't wondered off, he would have never met Echo and everyone else the two have met together. He wouldn't have met Silas and form a brotherly bond and would have remained in his group along side his sister. He may or may not have found Kookoo and had pups, and there would be no Rhinrhin lol.

If Linx had never lost her mate to The Circle, she would have had twin pups and be happily raising a family. She would not have become bitter and have a fear/anger for most humans. She would have never become part of the Darkblood Elites and have met Lycu.

If Deston had never set out on his journey to find out more about the elements, he would have probably become some sort of counselor for his group, helping younger pups learn to manipulate their elements and help them be masked. He wouldn't have found Uri and the two wouldn't have become friends. The Codfish would have no shinlai for that little extra boost of wind power.

If Uri had not been taken off by pirates, he would have grown up to become possibly a writer/map maker or some sort of explorer. He would have never met Deston and would have never gained an interest in shinlai and their elements.

If Twi had never gotten separated from La, the two would have grown up together with overprotective parents. They would probably hardly ever have contact with other shinlai and finding mates would be a serious problem. Twi would have never have met Marrinus and become a darkblood. She would probably never meet a human. She'd probably always have problems with her element and would never be able to use it properly.

hmmmnnn am I forgetting anyone? Lol

Back to top Go down
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Hmmmm.....

If Breeze and Ty's Dad hadn't abandoned there mother when they were born, they wouldn't have had to watch their mother suffer and slowly die having lost her will to live. They wouldn't have been so pitied and treated like something breakable by the people of their village and Breeze wouldn't distrust males so much, or get so angry when people pity or coddle her. Typhoon wouldn't be so over protective of Breeze and if he hadn't been attacked by darkbloods, and seen his two closest friends killed, he wouldn't be such a die hard Daila supporter. And he probably would end up as a DB.

If Rowans family hadn't died when their farm burnt to the ground, she'd probably be living on her their or become a hunter. Her little brother wouldn't have been taken by her AUnt and Uncle, and her abandoned to fend for herself and she'd have never found Kiva as a half drowned kittern, or met Echo, Iapto, Farai, Alk, Dagda, Pip etc
Back to top Go down
http://sylveira.deviantart.com
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:02 pm

What if we made our what if versions of our characters in an RP? ;3;
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:00 pm

If Selousi and Hollow hadn't showed up Laila wouldn't have any confidence. Without it she would likely still be under Twine's thumb until she eventually broke and quit being a mask maker :D Fortunately instead she has friends and her own shop now!
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 8:34 am

If Phlo's element had shown up at proper time he would most likely have been raised as a follower of Daila and eventually he would have gone to te Elites to join their ranks. He also wouldn't have met the love of his life, Fey, and would have lived his life in solitude.
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:50 pm

Ooh, interesting!

If Rayner hadn't turned his back on Daila he would probably still have connections with his family. He may or may not have traveled, and if he had, when he met Ryshka he wouldn't have had any problems with helping her. He'd probably get along a lot better with humans, but at the same time, he wouldn't be thoughtful or hesitant to pick fights.

Back to top Go down
http://www.toadfoal.deviantart.com
Dragara
Admin
Dragara

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:47 pm

If Tenel hadn't lost control of his element that one night, he would never have run away, so not only would his orphans have all died in the snow, but he never would've saved Renza, meaning she probably would've been killed or forced to become a Darkblood (although I'm starting to think of a way she could also be forced into Darkblood service... Oh bby Oh teh drama!).

... That's all I guess. XD *Feels inadequate compared to the previous in-depth ones*
Back to top Go down
http://www.dragara.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would your shinlai/human be like...   What would your shinlai/human be like... Empty

Back to top Go down

What would your shinlai/human be like...
Page 1 of 1