Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

The Witching Hour

Go down 
+2
Silas
EaterOfNoobs
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

The Witching Hour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:46 pm

She didnt say a word, but did step off of the thorns, thankfully.

Shifting on her paws, she didnt realize she was practically clentching her mouth shut.
Back to top Go down
http://cloudlace.deviantart.com/
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:50 pm

"I'm not going to hurt you." He said after a moment. Apparently bored with Denali he turned to walk back towards the small clearing to watch the fireflies.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:58 pm

Silas turned to stalk away, watching the fireflies.
"Well, wait."
Since it was basicly obvious he meant no harm, she decided not to be so edgy. Maybe she could find out more about the Darkblood Revolution.

"So these Darkbloods.. they arent all bad."

Last edited by EaterOfNoobs on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I not good at grammar :c)
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:07 am

Silas looked back at her,

"Well I don't think any of us are particularly bad. We just fight for what we believe." He sat down near the edge of the clearing watching the glow of the bugs in the dark.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:12 am

"...And who are the elites? What do they do?"

She curiously stepped a bit closer, then sat down on a patch of grass.
Perhaps Daila isnt all she's cracked up to be. xD

"As far as I can tell, they represent Daila, yes?"
A firefly was squirming around on her paw, and she flicked it away, watching the bug zig-zag in a different direction.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:03 pm

(Would you guys mind if I bring Apollo in here...? I've been looking to place him in an rp :D )

A slight rustling in the undergrowth was easily heard in the otherwise quiet night. From where Silas and Denali were standing it looked as if six fireflies were in the dark, but as the figure got closer it showed to be the six glowing eyes of a Shinlai, a yellow tinted glow.

The Shinlai approached the pair, a sly grin on his face seen clearly on his face without a mask to hide it. "Do my ears decieve me or do I hear two voices?" He cocked his head. His stare was aimed just to the left of Denali, somewhat odd. He stepped closer, appearing out of the darkness. Even his way of walking was strange. His feet swept low over the ground, toes spread like he was... feeling what was in front of him. He hesitated when his foot touched a log or root before he carefully stepped over it.

"Apollo of Light," He said, introducing himself. "May I ask your names?" He was charmingly polite his eyes smiling warmly.
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:14 pm

(Of course! :) welcome to the rp!)

Denali's head whipped around to gaze at the dusty orange colored Apollo, who emerged from the moonlit undergrowth.
"Greetings, stranger," Denali murmured, unsure about him. She had never seen him around before, but what striked her as suprising was his maskless face. His eyes pierced the dark, midnight air like fireflies themselves.

"Apollo of light... May I ask yor names?"
He flashed a cheshire grin.

Denali nodded curtly to him, simply stating, "Denali Lacourse, Shinlai of Air."
She couldnt help but wonder what happened to his mask.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Before Silas could begin speaking a new shinlai introduced themself. Silas watched him move, Apollo seemed to be feeling around.

"I'm Silas Kordeth." He said simply. Manipulating shadows about Apollo, making very noticible shapes infront of his face. His way of figuring out if Apollo was blind without asking.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:05 pm

(Excellent :) Also- that was clever with the shadows Silas XD )

Apollo nodded politely towards Denali, unaware that he was actually returning her gesture. "A pleasure," He said. He readjusted his gaze to turn more towards Denali, zeroing in at the sound of her voice.

Apollo's grin got wider, his eyes flashing with excitement. It was apparent how his interest suddenly went up. "Oh? Silas Kordeth? Of the Darkblood Revolution if I'm not mistaken." Apollo didn't bother mentioning that he knew exactly who Silas was. He kept constant tabs on both the Darkblood Revolution as well as Dalia's Elites. "How goes the Revolution?"

Apollo did nothing in reaction to Silas' shadows. After all, shadows were something that could not be heard or touched. It seemed Apollo was indeed blind.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:26 pm

(Thanks xD)

Pulling back the shadows Silas grinned a little. Apollo's interest in the Darkbloods made him perk up slightly,
"Are you a fellow Darkblood?" He asked, intrigued by this jovial character.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Apollo shrugged, "I make it my business to know how each side is doing. However, neither side has really offered me any benefits. So neither has gained my loyalty." Apollo shifted his weight from one side to the other. "I'm not opposed to any side- I simply keep tabs on both the Darkbloods and Dalia's Elites. You never know when a bit of information may prove of some use." He winked, three eyes on one side of his head all winking at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:48 pm

"I see." Silas grinned, rather proud of his pun. He looked back out to the fireflies and sighed a little. Ananth was supposed to meet him here. It was already so late, what if she had gotten in trouble...
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:10 pm

"Yes... but hey- ever want to make me an offer and I'll be happy to listen." Apollo grinned once more. "I'm really rather a selfish Shinlai." He turned his head more in Silas' direction. He was still curious about that Revolution. "Although, I'm always betting for the winning side. So, how is the Revolution going? I'm honestly curious." Apollo summuned a flicker of light, twisting it between his paws idly. He caught Silas' soft sigh with his keen ears. "Is everything alright?" He asked politely.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:19 pm

Denali folded her paws into her chest, laying down on the patch of soft grass, listening in on their conversation.

She watched the fireflies glittering like stars, then three stopped flashing simultaniously. Oh wait, that was Apollo!
A smile crept across her masked face as he winked with all three eyes.

He played with a small beam of light in his paws, She stared curiously at the little wonder while Apollo inquired further about the Revolution.
Silas's sigh recaptured her attention; he seemed to be upset.
'Wonder whats up with him..'
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:31 pm

Silas looked back at Apollo for a moment,

"Well since your no ally of mine it certainly wouldn't benefit me to go off revealing details about the revolution now would it?" He looked away again and stood up,

"If you'll excuse me." HE said walking out into the clearing. Sniffing the air he searched for her scent. Catching the scent of water he turned, she'd be there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:37 pm

"If you will exuse me,"
Silas abruptly stood, walking away in search for Ananth.

"...And then there were two,"
Denali joked softly, looking over to Apollo.
"Say, if you dont mind me asking, what happened to your mask?"
She cocked her head to the side, eyes flickering as they focused on the fireflies and his eyes, which seemed so similar.

Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:57 pm

"Oh I'm afraid you're mistaken, my friend." Apollo raised his voice as Silas walked away. "On the contrary, I can be your most valuable ally. As I've said, my business is information. And I usually have a wealth of it from Dalia's Elites as well." Apollo hoped Silas would turn around, tempted by his offer. He wasn't betting on it though.

He snuffed the flicker of light. He sighed and lay down on a patch of grass. Turning his head back in Denali's (general) direction. "Ah, well. You can't blame me for trying." He rested on his side, tucking his legs under his fluffy fur.

"...And then there were two,"

Apollo chuckled softly. "It seems so."

"Say, if you dont mind me asking, what happened to your mask?"

Apollo turned his head sharply in her direction. "It's not often someone asks such a question." His voice had gone from friendly to somewhat... cold. Just as quickly his mood changed. He laughed, his eyes squinting because of his large grin. "I'm impressed, most don't have the guts to ask. Actually, I choose not to wear my mask. It's perfectly fine. In beautiful condition actually." He paused and shrugged. "Actually. I wouldn't quite know I suppose- I'm blind." He chuckled once again. "Honestly, I find such things as frivilous decorations. I have no reason to wear a mask. I can not see other's reactions when I am seen without it. I don't follow Dalia religiously, and so it proves no use to me in terms of belief. I only wear it on the most formal of occasions. Which are quite rare."
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:08 pm

Denali raised a curious brown from beneath her mask.
"I wouldnt exactly call it guts, but maybe rediculous curiosity!" She chortled joyfully.

"That seems like a fair enought reason to me. Personally, I think masks can be such a nuisance at times."
She looked up at the full moon, which bathed everything in a milky white. Denali watched it for a while, begining to zone out with her daydreaming.

"Oh, how lovely it would be to fly up there and touch a star, wouldnt it? Imaging how it would feel."
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:19 pm

"Stars hmm?" Apollo looked up at the sky. "Tell me, what do they look like? The air is crisp, which usually means a clear sky, correct?" He looked back down at his paws, summoning a single spark of light, gleaming beautifully. It's own shine as clear and sparkling as the stars. "Are they like this?" Apollo tossed it into the air, where it floated serenly just in front of his face. "I can't see anything but darkness. I can feel the light though. Sense how bright it is. The size, the shape." Another spark glistened into being in the palm of one forepaw, drifting up by the first. "However the stars are just too far away."
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:42 pm

"Tell me, what do they look like? The air is crisp, which usually means a clear sky, correct?"

She couldnt help but feel a twing of sadness in her heart that he couldnt see them. She couldnt imaging not being able to look up and see them all at her leisure.
Apollo gathered a tiny spark in his paws, the beautiful grain of light shining briliantly in the dull, pale moonlight. It was a perceft mimic of the thousands of jewel-like stars, which hung above them.

"Are they like this?"
She watched him throw it into the air before him, and it floated freely in front of his face.

"Just like that, yes. Bright and whimsical and warm."
It amazed the Air Shinlai, his abilities. He could literally create stars.

"I can't see anything but darkness. I can feel the light though. Sense how bright it is. The size, the shape."
She sighed, "Thats ok, you dont have to see with your eyes what it looks like to know.
You have to see it with your soul, your heart. A star can be anything you want it to be."
She coiled her tail around her front paws.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:21 pm

Apollo simply willed the stars and there they were. He could take them away just as easily though. He swiped a paw through each bright drop and the dissolved into mist and then nothingness. A smile slowly took form on his face. "Make that all up on your own did you?" He teased. Her description of the stars amused him. Felt with the soul? He supposed that might be true.

"So tell me, what is it a Shinlai of Air can do?" Apollo tilted his head with curiosity. "With Light, I have a special talent with silly little things- although at times I can prove to have useful tricks." He waved a paw, creating light, almost like a mist. It came together to form a miniature bird, flitting through the air and leaving wisps of light in it's wake. It spiraled up, a foot or so above them where it burst into tiny sperhes of light in every color. Like a firework.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:17 am

She shrugged with a wide grin, "I try."

"So tell me, what is it a Shinlai of Air can do? With Light, I have a special talent with silly little things- although at times I can prove to have useful tricks."
Apollo waved his paw, light collecting around his fingers like a mist. Gathering together the light formed into a tiny bird, which flapped around and fluttered its wings. Se watched it climb higher through the sky with awe, and it burst, sending vivid little flakes of colored light in the air. It was beautiful.

"Nothing like that, im afraid."

She slung her claws, as if ripping air out of the sky. She pushed it towards the Light Shinlai, not enough to hurt him, but enough to feel at least. The soft wind rushed through his cream and orange fur.

"Basic air manipulation."
She chimed, "With a little healing on the side. Im better at that, though."
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:26 pm

Apollo cocked his head. He had heard Denali's paw swish through the air. At the whisper of the wind Apollo closed his eyes and leaned into the breeze, a smile on his face. "There is little better than a sweet breeze," He said softly. "I would say air is far more useful than Light."

Apollo sighed and stood. He stretched his back, bowing down on his forepaws. "Well, it was very nice to meet you, Denali. I'm afraid I'm on my way." He shook his coat out, a few blades of grass brushing off. He began to walk away, his tail brushing a wake behind him. He paused and looked over his shoulder at Denali (or rather a bit over Denali's head), "Actually, care to come with me? I wouldn't mind the company." Apollo was hoping to find Silas, or maybe some other- possibly more open- Darkblood. Although one of Dalia's followers would be just as welcome. He needed new info. Maybe he would get the easier job and be asked to spread rumors.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:36 pm

"Certainly not, light is extremely useful.
Without light, nothing but darkness remains."

Then he stood to leave with a sigh.
"Well, it was very nice to meet you, Denali. I'm afraid I'm on my way."

Her heart sunk a little at the thought of being alone again, but at least dawn was fast aproaching. Already the black-blue sky seemed a more violet blue. She sighed in return. 'Oh well,' she though.

She watched him go, grass and other foliage untangling from his fur as he shook it out. But then he stopped, peering over his shoulder back to Denali, or somewhere close to her rather.
"Actually, care to come with me? I wouldn't mind the company."

Enthusiasticly she sprang from her spot on the grass, her face beaming.
"I'd love to!"
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:15 pm

"Excellent." He walked forward, his feet brushing the ground in that peculiar way. It was a slow and halting way to walk. "Ah... Denali? I don't usually ask but... would you mind if I walked beside you? I'm afraid it's just too bothersome going at my pace." He tossed his head, flicking some of his fur from out of his face. He looked away, "If you choose not to, I understand." His eyes wandered, eventually meeting the ground. "I apologize for asking." He waited for Denali's answer, finally bringing his gaze up to look in her direction again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Witching Hour
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: The Pen and the Mask :: The Old Records-
Jump to: