Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

The Witching Hour

Go down 
+2
Silas
EaterOfNoobs
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

The Witching Hour - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:28 pm

Denali turned to look at him oddly.
"What an unusual question..."

She smiled warmly and nodded.
"Of course you can walk beside me," A laugh escaped her lips.
"No need to be shy!"
Back to top Go down
http://cloudlace.deviantart.com/
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 pm

Apollo smiled slightly, "Thank you. I can't see the ground beneath my paws, I trip easily. When I walk beside someone I can feel the way they move a bit. It tips me off to the terrain." He smiled and stepped a bit closer so that his side brushed hers. He walked forward beside Denali, picking up the pace and no longer dragging his feet. "So if you don't mind me asking, are you a Darkblood or one of Dalia's followers?"
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:00 pm

"My pleasure," She purred.
He came in closer, lightly brushing Denali's fur as they continued to walk at a steady pace. Together they left the clearing, traveling into the woods again, picking their way amoung the bracken and fallen wood.

"So if you don't mind me asking, are you a Darkblood or one of Dalia's followers?"
The Shinlai thought for a moment, then look at him while still walking.

"Y'know, I kind of dont follow either. I dont see the point in it all. When I was just a pup, I always felt sort of out of place at Daila temples, when my mother would take me. She cared more for Daila than my father though. My father, like me, chose to stay out of the drama of the DBR and Daila. I dont think he cared so much at all, as long as we were happy."
She sighed, thinking back to when she was younger.

"Why cant things be the way they used to be... Why cant everyone just get along? Who need sides, who needs to be right?" Denali huffed, kicking at a small stone at her feet. "If being a Darkblood is so right, or following Daila is so right, I...

I want to be wrong."

Eventually she came to a stop, and they both now stood at the edge of the wide creek. A few dangerous looking rapids jutted out from its dark, swirling depths. The sound of the fast-moving water gushing over the large rocks made her uneasy.
"......Oh dear.. The creek. How shall we cross?"
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Apollo nodded, "That's not bad logic. I like it. Personally, while I lean towards the Darkbloods I'm forced to stay nuetral. Each side can give and needs information and if I'm tied to oneside I won't get business anymore." He chuckled.

Apollo continued walking by Denali, walking easily beside her. His eyes glowed faintly, caused by his powerful element. He blinked when Denali stopped, confused. "Is something wrong?" He cocked his head to listen. A... a river, by the sounds of it. Apollo's fur rose to stand on end with the beginnings of a growl in his throat.

"......Oh dear. The creek. How shall we cross?"

"Is it shallow?" Apollo was nervously shifting from one side to the other. He stepped forward a little bit, his toes touching the freezing water. "How deep is it?" Apollo stepped forward into the water. He yelped with surprise when he sunk all the way up to his chest. He trotted up the riverbank a bit and tested the water again. He pulled back just as quick, even though the water was only as deep as his elbow. "It gets shallower. Although, whether it's rougher is debateable."
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:04 pm

"Ah, be careful!"
Denali called out in a worried voice as Apollo sunk into the rushing creek. He scrambled upon the bank and walked a little further. It was only up to his elbow. She looked up at him, then back at the ravenous black water.

"Those rapids look bad..." She walked up the the edge of the creek, dipping in a paw and swirling it around in the water. Oh, and it was absolutely freezing. The icy water chilled her to the bone.
"Perhaps we can find a fallen log to cross across on?"
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:47 pm

Apollo snorted scornfully. "Oh yes, I'm sure if I look hard enough I'll find some sort of log." He laughed, but there was no humor in his voice. "My sights a little poor, darling, in case you haven't noticed." He said, his features twisting as he bared his teeth. He was barely recognizeable from his previously charming demeanor. He stepped closer to Denali, still baring his teeth. He stepped a bit to close to the bank and the edge caved in.

Apollo gasped as he slipped into the river. Suddenly though, he couldn't see. He couldn't hear. Couldn't breathe.

His head came up from under the water and Apollo tried to stand on his feet. He could touch the bottom easily, but finding his footing against the river smoothed rocks was difficult with the tugging current. "Denali?" He called, no trace of anger in his voice but rather his tone infected with fear. He was only pulled a few feet from the banks when he had slipped under the water. He couldn't see where he was though, couldn't hear over the rushing water. "Denali?" He called again, more urgency in his voice.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:22 am

She shrank back from Apollo, nape and fur fluffing up and bristling. "I- Im so sorry, I had no intent to offend..." Denali's belly brushed the grass as she crept back and away from the menacing Apollo, looking up at him, worried. He appeared to be a totally different Shinlai from the cheerful, flamboyant one she had met earlier.

Suddenly the river bank he had been standing on broke away, and he went tumbling into the wretched creek.
Al emotion in her body dissappeared and was completely replaced by frantic fear.
"APOLLO!"

His head came up, calling her name in a distressed way, his feet slipping around on the easy to reach, yet hard to grasp rocks on the creek bed.
"Apollo im coming!"

She crashed into the creek, ignoring the sheer cold of the water lapping up at her and freezing her flesh. She moved frenetically over the slippery and smooth stones, thrashing through submerged branches and mud.
Slowly and with difficulty she made her way over to Apollo, trying to grasp his soaked fur.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:58 pm

From the other side of the river Silas watched the two shinlai explore the edge of the water. Apollo fell in and Silas growled,

"Idiots.." he dove in after them. Being the brother of a water elementalist had it's perks, such as learning to swim efficiently. He easily found them, he grabbed onto Denali's tail with his mouth and pushed Apollo along with his shoulder. Once Denali was close to the edge of the river he let her go, allowing her to drag herself out, Grabbing onto the the back of Apollo's neck he dragged him out. Drenched and cranky Silas looked over them, flipping his mohawk out of his eyes.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:23 pm

Finally the Air Shinlai caught a hold of Apollo's foot, but someone had her tail-

"Silas?"

She looked back, seeking the purple Lai with a mop of a green mohawk. He did NOT look happy.
Silas dragged her close enough to the creek bank and she scrambled onto shore, tossing her cream and brown fur, sending water droplets everywhere. Hoping over to where Silas had drug Apollo onto shore, she inspected his body, sniffing him.

"Are you ok?"
She would be willing to heal, if nessecary.

Silas just glared at them, flipping his mohawk out of his face.
"Ehe.. thanks."
She gave a respectful nod to the Kordeth son.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Silas looked over his shoulder, looking for her. No he had lost her scent completely. Glaring back over at the two he spoke,

"Who in their right mind brings a blind shinlai that close to deep running water." He growled,

"And what were you thinking just waltzing in the water like that." He snapped at Apollo,

"I should have let you drown."
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:22 pm

Apollo flailed in the water, attempting to swim. All he managed was splashing water in his eyes. He heard Denali shout for him and he twisted his head around where he heard her voice come from. His claws scrabbled against the riverbed as he tried to move toward her. He paused when he heard Denali jump into the water. "No, Denali!" He yelled, exasperated. "Don't come in!" All he needed to know was where the shore was. He felt Denali next to him suddenly, trying to grab his fur but was having trouble swimming with all of her heavy fur.

Another huge splash and Apollo felt another Shinlai pushing him with his shoulder. Apollo managed to swim well enough to keep up. He shook his head constantly, trying to get water out of his face. He felt teeth in his scruff and he was dragged out of the water. Once Apollo's feet touched the ground he started scrambling for a foothold. He got to his feet and started shaking his fur out. His fur was thick and fluffy, perfect for holding water.

"Disgusting...." He muttered. He hated water more than anything.

Are you okay?

"I'm fine," He spat and shook his coat out once more.

"Who in their right mind brings a blind shinlai that close to deep running water." He growled, "And what were you thinking just waltzing in the water like that." He snapped at Apollo, "I should have let you drown."

Apollo growled, baring his teeth. "Oh look who it is, the young Kordeth." The Dark Shinlai was nearly 20 years older than Apollo, but he spoke as if Apollo was the same age. "I slipped. The riverbank crumbled and I didn't go just 'waltzing in the water'. I despise the water."
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:30 pm

Denali narrowed her eyes at Silas, huffing and slightly gritting her teeth.

"Just because he is blind doesnt mean he's powerless or unable to navigate by himself! He can do anything you can! And like he said, he didnt exactly waltz into the water, the earth beneath him crumbled, he couldnt help it.

And if we are such nuisances, why did you help us anyway?"

She turned away from him, looking back down at Apollo.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:37 pm

"You owe me." Silas stated bluntly. He flipped his hair again. Looking back again he narrowed his eyes then turned to walk away down the river bank.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Apollo eyes widened with surprise. Shoot! He did owe the Darkblood now. If there was one thing Apollo honored it was a debt. His gaze darkened, "Very well, Silas. I'll be sure to keep that in mind," He growled. A sly smile slowly crept across his face, "Remember, I'm always open for business Silas. Information is the key to success they say." He laughed softly.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:58 pm

Silas stopped to look over his shoulder at Apollo, a wide grin spread across his face.

"I know." He said simply before taking off yet again.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Denali exhaled roughly.
Silas turned, a wicked grin plastered to his face as he spoke to Apollo, then he turned and dashed away once more. Nothing but a few fireflies lingered where Silas once stood.

"Well... that was fun." Sarcasm laced her voice.
She plopped down on her belly, exhausted. Her fur was scraggly and still partially damp.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:11 pm

Apollo tilted his head. He could hear the wide grin on Silas' face. Well, Apollo hadn't given him enough credit it seemed. He was much smarter than Apollo had originally guessed. He listened to the Kordeth pad away.

Apollo swore to himself. "He knew exactly what he was doing when he stopped me from drowning. That is, if I'm not simply flattering myself. Silas doesn't seem like the kind to save others on a regular basis though." Apollo growled and stood up, getting to his feet. He sighed and turned his eyes in Denali's direction. "Denali, I apologize for snapping at you. I had no right and you meant no offense to me."
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:22 pm

Denali said rolling onto her back. Her paws curled over her chest as she looked up at the pink-tinged sky.
"Its fine, I understand."
She watched him stand up, his burning yellow eyes focusing on her.

"Where are you off to now?"
She didnt move, her muscles ached from the previous near-drowning thing.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:32 pm

Apollo smirked, "Why so curious?" He chuckled. "It's alright, I know I'm irresistable," he teased. "I wasn't going anywhere. My fur is still damp, that's all." Apollo blinked, the slight glow to his eyes flashing like fireflies. He looked at Denali thoughtfully. "Why are you here anyways? Surely you have better things to do than hang out with me." He chuckled again.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:44 pm

She snickered, rolling back onto her belly with a smile.
"Heheh, actually no, not really. I dont do much of anything these days.. except wander around, no permanent place, you know." She scratched behind one of her horns with one of her back paws. Then she arched her back in a long stretch.

"It actually gets quite boring, being out alone all the time. Its nice to have the occasional company."
She tittered, looking up at Apollo with a sheepish grin.

She tapped the edge of the water with one claw.
"I dont know about you, but im so hungry I could eat a horse."
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:36 am

Apollo nodded, he was actually very hungry. He couldn't remember the last time he ate. He tended not to think about how hungry he was most of the time- simply slipped his mind.

Apollo stood and cocked his head, a habit that usually meant he was listening for something. When Apollo lost his sight his hearing picked up the slack.

"I believe there's a few deer over that way a bit." He jerked his head towards the thicker woods. "I can't tell for sure because of the noise that stupid river makes. Come on." Apollo started to walk in the direction he specified. Small wisps of light appeared, like fireflies, and grew to resemble small flames, casting light in the surrounding area.
Back to top Go down
Ronon
Pack Member

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 6:05 am

At the same time, Ronon realized, that he got lost. It was about two hours ago, when he saw that thing first time. It looked like deer. He was trying to track it, but in unknown forests he didn't have any chance. And now, he was standing somewhere, he didn't knew where, and was hungry and a bit angry.

"Damn it! Where the hell I am?" He looked up at the sky. Stars were bright, moon was shining a lot, so there was a lot of light although he was standing in the deep forest. He tried to hear something, but only one thing he heard, was the river running as fast, as it can. He lay on the ground a put his head on the front paws. "Fortunately, it is not cold..." And he closed his eyes, trying to sleep and forget the fact, that he was lost in a forest, at night, that he was hungry and a bit angry....

BTW: sorry for my english XD It is first time I am trying to roleplay, so sentences can be a bit strange.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:39 pm

Apollo tilted his head, a cheshire grin spreading across his face. "We have company, Denali."

Apollo walked through the woods. His nostrils flared as he drew in the scents around him. He couldn't see the newcomer, but he could smell him and hear his angry curses, despite him being a good distance away. Apollo summuned one large orb of light, and it floated in the air beside him. It was small and delicate, and cast just enough light to cast a gleam on Apollo's curving horns. "Good evening- or rather good morning." Apollo chuckled, he could tell what time it was at any point during day or night. There was 2 hours and 55 minutes left until sunrise.

Apollo couldn't tell exactly how close he was to the Shinlai, only that he was close enough. His sensitive hearing could hear his breath.

(Actually you're English is really good :) )
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:52 am

"Oh, really?" She saw the large toothy grin spread across his face, a wide smile begining on hers as well.

As they walked, she strained her eyes and drank in the scent. It seemed so familiar, but she just couldnt remember where she had smelled this Shinlai before. Soon they came to a stop right before him, Apollo calling out a greeting.
In an instant she stopped, eyes widening, and her smile widening too. She would recognize that red-and-white mask anywhere.

"Ronon?"

(sorry it took me so long to post, im grounded and not supposed to be on right now so it will take me a while xD)
Back to top Go down
Ronon
Pack Member

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:28 am

A few minutes was enough for him to fall asleep, so when that stranger spoke to him, he woke up and was very surprised.
At first, he was dazzled by that light, so he couldn't distinguish two shinlai standing opposite to him.
"Eeehhh...Hello?"
Now his face turned to smile, this creamy spotted shinlai he knew. He giggled a bit. "Good morning Denali."
Then his sight turned to second shinlai standing there. This shinlai was big and Ronon was interested in his massive horns. "And who are you? I think we don't know. Good morning to you too." Then he realized that he's blind. He didn't know if it is good to ask about it so he was quiet.
He didn't know why, but he felt respect of this shinlai, although he looked younger and was smaller than Ronon.

(thank you :3) (thinking about changing Rons heigh from 11ft to about 10ft.... He is so big XD
and sorry, but i'll be absent for this week so bah i'll not continoue with you :C
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Witching Hour   The Witching Hour - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Witching Hour
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: The Pen and the Mask :: The Old Records-
Jump to: