Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

The Thieves Nest

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:07 pm

Starting a little rp for those who have human characters, Shinlai, like always, are more then welcome to join. :D

I'm not going to apply any sort of rules, but let's not getting to super major fights and bloodshed.
Now I will warn you now, i'm absolute crap at starting rp's pfft. Be gentle.
I will be playing Echo (human), a young Nootau (shinlai) that's been just masked, and a female white serval named Ide. ref for Echo and Ide -> https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/ideandechoref2.png/ (crappy old ref is crappy)

~Noonoo

----------------------//---------------

The threesome traveled through the forest, reaching it's end. Echo stared up at the heavens, no moon out tonight, only the glister of hundreds of stars lighting up the sky, like fireflies in the night.
The field was dark, open and unprotected, save the few trees scattered here and there. The vastness seemed to go on forever only to disappear in to the mountains that were over the horizon, but, this didn't seem to worry Echo and his little band of castaways. It was getting late, that would be the last forest they would have to cross until they got to the next city that lay on the other side of the field.

It was getting late, now would be the best time to set up camp for the night. Nootau crouched down, allowing Echo to remove his saddle and supplies, nothing much, just some dried foods, medicine, clothes and a small tent composed of a sheet and three sticks. Not the best shelter on earth but it would have to do. Echo quickly set up the tent as Nootau trotted around the field collecting sticks and anything they could use as firewood. Once the pile was big enough, a quick breath a fire ignited the wood. Echo pulled down his scarf to uncover his face, "Mmm warmth" he mumbled as he sat down in front of the fire, hands out to gather heat to his fingers. Nootau padded over behind him, laying on his side, creating a big Shinlai pillow for Echo to rest back on. Ide climbed on to Nootu's back, circling around a couple of times, then curling up in a little floof ball with a purr.

"It's a wonderful night" Nootau said with a smile, staring up at the stares in awe. "Indeed it is." Echo replied, falling back in to his 'pillow' Nootau.

The threesome rested at the edge of the forest. You could hear the crickets in the field calling out to each other and the fire crackle and pop. Nootau lay his head down on to the ground with a slight tilt to still be able to gaze up at the stars.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:51 pm

The dark night blanketed the field, turning once clear objects into nothing but dim shapes. The faint twinkle of stars was the only source of light to the lone traveller. She was sat on a thick tree branch leaning against the trunk, staring at the stars. She sighed quietly and huddled deeper down into her coat. It may be a beautiful night, but it was chilly, the lack of cloud cover didn’t help either.

She yawned widely and rested her chin on her collarbone. There was a small movement before a fire burst to light not far away from her. Shocked by the sudden brightness she gave a quiet hiss and flipped her hood up to protect her good eye. Once accustomed to the light she peered around, blinking. About thirty meters away was a camp fire and crude tent. Next to the fire she could make out a large shape of a Shinlai.

That caught her interest.
Sitting up she swung her legs over one side of the branch and jumped from the tree limb. She hit the ground with a soft thud and stayed crouched in the longer grass around the tree base. She straightened up and pulled her bag from between the roots of the tree. She pulled it on and crossed her arms in a way that meant she could easily reach her knives if need be. With a small flick of her hair, to make sure it covered her blind eye, she slowly headed towards the Lai.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Anonymous

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:03 pm

The thud instantly caught Ida's attention, her ear twitched back as she lift her head and let out a muffled growl, peering in to the tree at full alert. Echo looked up, eyes heavy-lidded already from exhaustion "mmnn, what is it Ida?" he sit himself up. Nootau limited himself to keeping still, listening to the sounds that came from the forest "I think we have company. I heard a thud".
"I'm sure it was just some animal. Nothing to worry 'bout" Echo huddled back against Nootau, pulling his pack a little closer just in case something tired to take a leap at them.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:17 pm

She froze automatically as a small animal on the Shinlai’s back lifted its head. There was a mutter and a human also sat up briefly. Looking sleepy and unconcerned, the Shinlai however didn’t move an inch, presumably listening. Her eye’s fell upon the small bag the human pulled closer to themselves. Her eye lit up as she spotted it. There could be something of interest in there...

She glanced back to the human and narrowed her eye as she took in his appearance. There was no way she could sneak in and swipe it with a young Shinlai and small furry, thing, resting next to it. A smile spread across her features as another thought came to her.

She hunched her shoulders and continued towards them again, this time making enough sound for them to notice. She’d have to be careful though, she didn’t know who or what they were like. If need be she’d have to run. Fast. Especially with a Shinlai in the group.

As she neared the fire she lifted her head slightly, still keeping her blind eye hidden, and tentatively spoke up. “H-hello?” She said, adding a slight stammer to her voice for added effect.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:28 pm

Echo instantly jolt back from Nootau with somewhat of a tuck and roll, taking his dagger from the pack and pulling it in front of him at an angle. "Who's there?" He questioned, lifting his scarf back in in front of his face and popping his head a little over Nootau's body only to find a woman standing in the bush. He slowly lowered his weapon, Nootau lift his head enough to take a glance at the human behind him. "A-A girl?" Nootau blinked, Ida folded her ears back, not amused by the stranger's presence.
Echo flipped the dagger from one hand to the other "What do you want?" he asked bluntly.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:45 pm

“Who’s there?” He asked covering his face.

Startled by the speed at which he moved she took a couple of steps back. Raising her hands in front of herself as she spotted the dagger in his fist.

"A-A girl?" The Shinlai said. Judging by the voice it was a male.

“A woman, thank you.” She muttered before facing the human again. “My apologies. I didn’t mean to startle you.” She said still keeping her hands slightly raised. Her attention was caught by the small animal on the Shinlai’s back. It looked cat like. But what type of cat it was she had no idea.

“What do you want?” Came the blunt question. She watched the sharp dagger as he flipped it from one hand to the other.

“Some warmth?” She said with a weak laugh. Still eyeing the dagger, briefly glancing at his face. He might have lowered it but none the lest it was still there. She shifted slightly, reassured by the cold of her own blades through her shirt. “Do you mind if I join you?” She asked slowly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:01 pm

Echo watched the woman put her hands up in defense. He eyed her head to toe. No weapons in sight.

“Some warmth?” she asked, hands still up in what seemed like submission “Do you mind if I join you?” Her approach seemed innocent enough, it caused both him and Nootau to loosten up a bit. Echo nodded slowly "Y-Yeah...I...I guess not" He sat back down slowly and threw the blade into the soil deep enough for it to stand on it's own. Leaning back against Nootau again, the man pulled his scarf up a little more. He wasn't looking to go to jail anytime soon.

"So what's you're name? What brings you here?" Echo started bombarding questions, Nootau huffed "Echo...I'm sure she's tried, leave her alone. She doesn't mean any harm to us" Nootau smiled at the woman "My name is Nootau, It's nice to meet you"
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:18 pm

She let out a quiet sigh as he nodded slowly. She walked carefully around the strange trio and sat on the opposite side of the fire. She shrugged her back pack off and kept it close to her knee. There was a slight clunk as the items inside it thumped together. She noticed him tug at the scarf making sure it covered the most of his face. Subconsciously she ran her fingers through her fringe, making sure it hid half her face. Seemed like they both didn’t wanted to be recognised again.

"So what's your name? What brings you here?" He asked abruptly. She raised her eyebrows at his manners. Before she could reply the Shinlai spoke up.

"Echo...I'm sure she's tried, leave her alone. She doesn't mean any harm to us. My name is Nootau, It's nice to meet you" He said politely smiling at her.

“I’m Iapto. And I’m just passing through.” She replied, answering both their questions. “Nice to meet you too, Nootau.” She said smiling back at him. Her attention switched back to the human. “I’m sorry, what was your name?” She asked tilting her head to one side.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:39 pm

(lol i just noticed the two have the same eye covered and blinded)

“I’m sorry, what was your name?” Echo raised a brow at the female, glaring at her with an unfriendly look, before turning away. Nootau nudged Echo with his head, the man snapped back at the young shinlai "WHAT?!", Nootau flinched at the yell, then stared down at his paws "Y-You could at least give her your name..." he whined, almost to himself.

"The less people who know me the better. You know that, Noo." he huffed and crossed his arms, turning his back to the woman "....Echo. My name is Echo" he muttered, hesitant, not looking back. Immature, yes maybe a little, or maybe just precocious.

Nootau looked up at the woman "I'm sorry, he tends to have some anger issues. That and he's not very social with his own species" Nootau threw a side glare at the man, then turned his attention back to the woman. Ida slowly calmed down, seeing as this new stranger meant no harm, she leaped off Nootau's back and crawled over to Iapto sniffing at her feet, but still fully alert to her movements. "That's Ida." the youngling said with a light smile.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:57 pm

((Ho shizz they do as well XD))

Iapto frowned slightly as her question was ignored and he turned away from her. She looked away scanning the area, but jumped as a loud yell sounded. She looked around surprised to see him glaring at Nootau. "Y-You could at least give her your name..." The young Shinlai whined quietly.

"The less people who know me the better. You know that, Noo." He said. Iapto frowned slightly and lent forwards at this. "....Echo. My name is Echo" He said reluctantly. Iapto inclined her head politely.

"I'm sorry, he tends to have some anger issues. That and he's not very social with his own species" Nootau explained shooting a glare at Echo.

Iapto laughed quietly. “I’m the same way. I was brought up by a Shinlai so I find humans a little strange.” She said chuckling. She fell silent as the cat thing crept over to her, sniffing at her feet. Iapto slowly lowered her hand for it to sniff.

”That’s Ida.” Nootau said smiling.

“Ida, pretty name. What is she if you don’t mind me asking? Some type of cat clearly” She asked watching the lightly coloured animal.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:37 pm

“Ida, pretty name. What is she if you don’t mind me asking? Some type of cat clearly”

Echo looked over his shoulder "She's a white serval" he answered the question before Nootau could open his mouth. "What do you mean raised by shinlai'?" Echo asked, turning back towards her, his words coming out muffled from the scarf being over his mouth. "Don't you have parents?" He curiosity was getting to him. Her, a human, raised by shinlai, while he was doing the opposite with Nootau.
Ida crawled on to the woman's lap and started to flick her hair with her paws, trying to claw at it playfully. "Ya might want to pull your hair back, or she'll latch on like no tomorrow and you'll go home bald." Echo said with a slight chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:50 pm

She looked up from Ida as Echo spoke. "She's a white serval. What do you mean raised by Shinlai'?" He asked clearly curious. "Don't you have parents?" His voice was muffled by the scarf but she heard him clearly enough.

She was about to reply when Ida climbed onto her lap and batted at her hair. "Ya might want to pull your hair back, or she'll latch on like no tomorrow and you'll go home bald." He said chuckling.

Iapto laughed and reached back into the hood of her coat, pulling out a long braid. “I’m used it my hair being yanked around, I don’t mind.” She said laughing as Ida played with her hair.

She glanced up at Echo. “My parents lost me while travelling. I was about 5 maybe six? But a big Earth Shinlai took me home and looked after me for a while. So I do have parents. I just don’t know where they are. I just travel around now, doing what I please.” She explained, her head dipping occasionally as her braid was tugged. “Why’d you ask?” She questioned.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:11 pm

“Why’d you ask?”

"Because..." Echo got up and walked over towards her, slowly pulling Ida from her lap so she wouldn't be a bother "I'm doing the opposite with this numb-nut here." he motioned his head to point at Nootau. "Guess I found it interesting." He cuddled Ida and looked down at Iapto. "Mmmnhhgg....are-are you hungry?" he asked with a slight stutter and rest his chin on Ida's head, obviously not use to being around people, especially women.

Nootau couldn't help but muffle a laugh with his paws.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:14 pm

((I have such bad timing but I need to go bed love XD Night night! <3))
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:19 pm

(same lolol night yo. )
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:49 am

”Because...” Echo said standing up and walking over to her. Iapto tensed slightly until he picked Ida up. "I'm doing the opposite with this numb-nut here." He said nodding towards Nootau.

Iapto looked to the Shinlai with a slight frown. “You lost your parents? How?” She asked surprised. She looked back to echo as he made a strange noise.

"Mmmnhhgg....are-are you hungry?" He asked with a stutter, almost hiding behind the bundle of fur which was Ida. She raised her eyebrows slightly surprised, until she heard a stifled laugh from Nootau.

She glanced around at the Shinlai and her eye caught sight of the small pack by the Shinlai’s side. She hesitated, remembering the original plan. She could try it now, if she was quick enough she could grab it and run. But the trio seemed nice and relatively trusting. She gritted her teeth, it wasn’t the first time she had stolen from nicer people before. She’d wait a little longer.

With a jerk she turned back to Echo. “What? Oh sorry, I’m alright thank you.” She said rubbing her forehead and looking away guiltily.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:36 pm

“What? Oh sorry, I’m alright thank you.” she spoke and turned away.

He nodded and threw his eyes to the ground, before looking back up at her. Echo tilt to the side a bit "You alright?" he asked softly, "You look kinda upset." he crouched down next to her and poked her arm.

Nootau stopped his laugh and blinked, looking to at her as well from under his paws.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:47 pm

She jumped slightly and automatically went for her knives before catching herself. She wasn’t used to people touching her, and whenever they did it was normally because they caught her stealing something.

“Upset?” She repeated turning to face him again. “No I’m just a bit tiered that’s all. I’ve been walking most the day and just needed a rest.” She said smiling at him and subconsciously pulling her backpack slightly closer.

“So, how long have you and Nootau been looking after each other?” She asked slowly, trying to steer the conversation away from her.

Last edited by Forrgotenrose on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling :D)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Echo jolt back a bit himself "S-Sorry, didn't mean to startle you." he blinked and got back to his feet.

“No I’m just a bit tiered that’s all. I’ve been walking most the day and just needed a rest.”

Nootau lift his head with a grin "You can sleep next to me if you like! Echo says i'm a big floofball" he chuckled.

“So, how long have you and Nootau been looking after each other?” Echo put Ida down as she trotted towards Nootau and leaped back on to his back.

"A good bunch'a years now, I raised him since he was pretty much a pup and I was pretty much a boy." Echo said, looking down at her, pulling down his scarf so it would no longer muffle his voice. "Taught him everything he knows. Been through everything, good times and bad." he smiled, walking back over to his 'lai and sitting down next to him. "What 'bout you? What's with the scar?" he asked, his smile fading as his expression turned to serious.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:49 pm

"You can sleep next to me if you like! Echo says I'm a big floofball" Nootau piped up with a grin. Iapto grinned at him.

“You sure do look warm and fluffy.” She said with a laugh.

"A good bunch'a years now, I raised him since he was pretty much a pup and I was pretty much a boy. Taught him everything he knows. Been through everything, good times and bad." Echo said tugging his scarf down, showing his face. He walked over and sat down next to Nootau.

"What 'bout you? What's with the scar?" He asked. Iapto’s face fell and she shook her hair over her eye again.

“I got into a fight a few years back. Several guards cornered me. I managed to get away but they took the sight in my right eye.” She said quickly and to the point.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Echo watched as she brushed her hair back in to place.

“I got into a fight a few years back. Several guards cornered me. I managed to get away but they took the sight in my right eye.”

He sighed "Pretty thing like you gettin' in to nasty fights eh? What you do?" He asked, not trying to pry, just out of curiosity "Least you're lucky to still HAVE an eye, and not end up with an ungly mug like mine" he raised his eyepatch to show her exatcly what he ws talking about. "For the record, you might want to get a patch, hair isn't very effective" he chuckled "Hope I didn't freak ya out"
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:37 pm

"Pretty thing like you gettin' in to nasty fights eh? What you do?" He said with a sigh.

Iapto gave a half laugh at his comment. “I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.” She said with a slight shrug. Leaving out the part where she was stealing gold and silver from the home owner.

"Least you're lucky to still HAVE an eye, and not end up with an ugly mug like mine"
He said lifting his eye patch. She leant back slightly surprised, but not horrified. "For the record, you might want to get a patch, hair isn't very effective. Hope I didn't freak ya out" He said with a slight chuckle.

With a bark like laugh Iapto shook her head. “It takes a lot more than a nasty scar to freak me out.” She said smiling at him. “And your right, eye patches would work better, but hair is less noticeable when walking though a town.” She said.

She shifted until she sat cross legged and pushed her hood back. There wasn’t much point in keeping it up. The night was clear and cloudless, therefore no chance of rain.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:54 pm

“It takes a lot more than a nasty scar to freak me out. And your right, eye patches would work better, but hair is less noticeable when walking though a town.”

Echo chuckled "Well, true enough. As long as you don't think i'm some sort of freak"

Echo lay back against Nootau, somewhat squirming in to his fluff, before glancing up at the stars. He closed his eyes amd smirked somewhat "the wrong place at the wrong time, eh?" he thought to himself.

"Well if you ain't hungry, then I suppose we can all catch some shut-eye" he babbled from inbewteen the fluffy mush that was Nootau.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:17 pm

"Well, true enough. As long as you don't think I’m some sort of freak." He said with a chuckle.

“Why would I think of you as a freak?” She said, falling silent as she watched him lean into Nootau’s fluffy side and close his eyes.

"Well if you ain't hungry, then I suppose we can all catch some shut-eye." she heard him say.

‘Well that took a while.’ she thought to herself. “Hmm, good idea.” She said with a stretch. She lay on her side using her backpack as a pillow, wincing slightly as her knife handle jabbed her in the side... “G’night then. See you in the morning.” She said with a smirk.

She lay still with her hair across her watchful eyes, breathing softly as though half asleep. ‘Just a little longer...’ She thought calmly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:22 pm

“G’night then. See you in the morning.”

"Night!" Nootau smiled and lay his head on the ground alongside Echo. Echo turned to his side, back towards the female. It didn't take any time for him to dose off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Thieves Nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thieves Nest   The Thieves Nest Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thieves Nest
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next