Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Those by the river

Go down 
+3
Toadfoal
Blue
JayAsylum
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JayAsylum
Curious Shinlai
JayAsylum

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 1:53 pm

( Please be a little literate, about 5-7 sentences at least.)

The sun felt warm on Aurondon's back as idly stared at his reflection on the water's surface, a leisure he had forgotten since the winter began. The Shinlai elder had been traveling this river for some while, heading toward some unknown destination. But no one would know a shinlai had come by this way because there was simply to trace of his passing to be had. A frail smile lit on the elder's maw at that thought. It was not for nothing he was called the Phantom Elder.

Casting a stray look over his shoulder, Aurudon examined his handy work. The sand in the stream bed remained unmarred in his wake and the water's surface was crisp without ripple. Every time his foot lifted from the creamy sand, the grains gained life and began to flood the imprint left behind till it's existence was naught. And what was more was, if he wished it, the elder could make his body transparent, invisible to the naked eye, among another various things for Aurudon was very old and very well practiced in his fated elements.

Which is why he was so desired by the Darkbloods.

The elder shinlai spat then as if the very thought left a vile taste in his mouth. It would had been better if it had. Since the "revolution" had begun.....well that could be saved for later.

Solemnly, Aurudon gave a long sign and concentrated instead on the river's flow, finding some amusement after spotting a few fish pass by. Suddenly a disturbance in the air alerted the elder to the presence of another near by, yet another perk to his element. " Halt, who comes upon the elder?"

Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:19 pm

La Volpe gently brushed the surface of the river with his claw. He backed up a bit skittishly, shaking his head. He's travelled up and down this river but it seemed to stretch forever, he could only go through it.

La Volpe stepped in, the crisp, cold water lapping against his legs. Soon, he was belly deep and panic had begun to seep into his mind. He shook his head, trying to clear it. It was just water, there was nothing to be afraid of... nothing at all. "Unless I drown..." He thought, curling his lip and growling at the water- as if he could scare it away.

Volpe plunged through the water as he neared the other side, not bothering to take his time and get a feel of what may or may not be in his way. He shook his fur as he went, clearing the water droplets out. Volpe rarely ran blindly and for good reason. He slammed right into Aurudon's flank, tripping and falling down himself.

"I'm so sorry!" Volpe scrambled to his feet and looked around trying to find the Lai he'd just banged into. "Are you alright?" He didn't even hear if the other Lai had fallen down or not- he was too busy taking a fall himself.

(Awkward intro post XD )
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 pm

(mind if I join as well?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.toadfoal.deviantart.com
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:56 pm

(Go ahead! :) )
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:25 pm

(Thanks! 83)

Rayner lay lazily upon the sands by the side of the river. For a few hours now he'd had no intention of doing anything other than loafing around, for as long as he was alone, that's what he liked to do. Rayner often got tired of trying to be polite, or even acting serious in general. Though he did his best to act sophisticated, he'd never gotten a chance to grow up properly, to be a child. So in silent retaliation of his own ways, he took off his mask and drew little pictures in the sand.

A little while later, however, he heard something a bit further downstream. "...Hm?" He looked up instantly, the white streaks across his face sticking out on his blue furred body. With a quiet sigh, he put his mask back in place, both the physical and mental ones, and used his paws to wipe out the little sand drawings.

Walking swiftly towards the sounds; which at first had sounded like splashing water, then what he thought might have been an appologetic sound... or a yell, he began to feel more curious. Just a little bit ahead there seemed to be two Shinlai. It was hard to tell what they were doing, so he broke into a trot headed towards them.
Back to top Go down
JayAsylum
Curious Shinlai
JayAsylum

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 11:05 pm

Aurudon could have avoided the younger lai's mad dash, and would have, had he paid proper attention to himself and not what was around him. While the elder had stood in the bank of the stream, sand begged on by his powers overtook his feet, absorbing them deeper into the creamish grain without the shinlai noticing. It came as quite a surprise that when he meant to move his feet remained pinned to the earth and instead of a nimble leap, he was still as a rock and caught in the side by the younger shinlai's blind charge. A forced wisp of breath escaped from Aurudon's maw as he stumbled backward as far as his trapped foot would let him, which wasn't much.

Being a gentle Shinlai, Aurudon smiled weakly and chuckled softly to himself at the other lai's immediate apolgies as he released his foot from the bank. " Rest easy, youngblood, for there is no harm, save for slight surprise. Not often one blunders into another, aye?" Taking a breath, Aurudon sat himself down on his haunches and peered at the other young with light, curious eyes. The first thing he noticed about the young lai was his eyes and that they were a light silver. Blindness instantly came to mind but the elder decided to wait before assuming anything, for among the shinlai race strange hues were not so uncommon as one would think. Second came the lai's fawn coloring and the size. It was obivious he was younger then Aurudon, but not so young that it was strange for him to be traveling alone, but the elder dwelled on the thought nonetheless.

The aged shinlai didn't have long, however, to dwell on the thought before the faint swoosh of footsteps on the sand alerted him to the presence of yet another shinlai, this one being young as well. " Oh, it seems I'm attracting a crowd today. What luck," said the elder to none in general.

Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:16 am

(Sorry for the late reply ^_^; )

The moment Aurudon spoke Volpe swung his gaze to look directly at him. He blushed slightly across his face, which was rather simple to see as he wasn't wearing his mask. Volpe rebelled silently against society and their frivilous decorations by refusing to wear his mask most of the time.

The elder brushed away Volpe's apologies. He could hear how the Lai's voice rasped, and could only assume it was from years of speaking. "I'm terribly sorry, again. It's not often even I run into someone." He laughed lightly, nervously. Volpe didn't know whom he was dealing with so suddenly, and it put him on edge. He shook out his coat, raising his fur slightly and flicking any stubborn water droplets out. "And now I forget my manners," he laughed lightly. "I'm La Volpe, pleased to meet you...?" Volpe tilted his head in question.

And then he heard more footsteps. Volpe danced skittishly to the side. He shook his head, snorted through his nostrils. He wasn't usually this nervous. It must have been the water- it had initially set him on edge. He was terrified of it- the one place he coudn't feel or smell... "see" in any way. He lifted his head and cocked it, trying to listen to whomever or whatever it was. The old one made a comment, and Volpe glanced at him. "Quite the popular one aren't you?"
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Rayner slowed as he neared the two Shinlai. Now that he was closer he could see them clearly, both were taller than he, but as he looked he noted the vast age differences. One an elder, and the other seemed younger than he'd expected. Since Volpe had no mask to hide his face, Rayner at first wondered if he was young enough not to have mastered his element, but he couldn't be sure, so decided to treat them both as he would any other Shinlai.

"Good day gentlemen." He dipped his head and slowed to a stop. He had only caught bits and pieces of what they were saying, and reluctantly decided not to comment, in case he said the wrong thing... Or had heard the wrong thing. His immediate curiosity was if or not they were friends or foes, revolutionary thinkers or Daila followers. He considered those type as laggers. "I do hope I haven't interrupted anything."
Back to top Go down
JayAsylum
Curious Shinlai
JayAsylum

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:26 pm

Aurudon smiled , tilting his head with amusement as the younger lai introduced himself. La Volpe. Oh, he liked the sound of that, the way it glided over the tongue. In comparison, his own name seemed clumsy, but it was a grand all the same. " And I'am Aurudon," The older shinlai bowed his head in reverence, jewels clinking against his horns. Aurudon chuckled, catching La Volpe's comment. " An rare event, but it seems so doesn't?"

Then, drawing his attention to the approaching Shinali, the elder shrugged lightly as he drew out the moisture in his fur into a neat ball and tossed it back into the river all the while keeping his fiery gaze on the new arrival. It just kept coming across to him as amusing just how bashful, or even proper, the younger ones seemed. Beats the easy arrogance of youth any day he thought . " Your interrupting nothing at all young one, rather your joining a curious meeting of strangers."

(OOC: Sorry for the lateness and poorness.)
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:15 am

"Aurudon..." Volpe said it quietly. It sounded... familiar. He couldn't place it though. He wasn't even sure if he had heard the name before- like the ghost of a memory. Volpe's thought's were interrupted as he heard the chiming of glass. The old Lai must wear some around his neck or his horns. Volpe reached up to finger his own sash of silk slung around his neck, the silver ourobourus glinting in the sunlight it reflected.

Volpe cocked his head, curious. The new comer didn't sound that much older then himself. He grinded his teeth absentmindly together- a bad habit he had picked up somewhere. He should have introduced himself as Fox. The way things had been going lately it was bad to let others know where he had been.

La Volpe looked curiously at Rayner, "You haven't interrupted anything. Do you have a reason for being around here? Or just wandering around?" Seems even when Volpe wasn't digging for information he was just naturally nosey.

(No problem JayAsylum :) It's a great post )
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Rayner's watched curiously as Aurudon tossed the moisture from his fur into the water. He observed that this Shinlai seemed to be very experianced with his element and was probably an elder. " Your interrupting nothing at all young one, rather your joining a curious meeting of strangers."
"Oh, I'm glad." He smiled, but in a reserved way. Still standing, his tail twitched, and he turned his head very slightly towards Volpe. If he could, he wanted to be able to see them both at once, so that if one moved too suddenly he could make himself dissapear. So far they seemed friendly enough, and his blue eyes gazed around curiously.

"You haven't interrupted anything. Do you have a reason for being around here? Or just wandering around?"
"Traveling." Rayner responded without hesitation. Maybe he should have been more cautious, since Volpe's question could be considered nosey, but Rayner didn't seem to mind. He didn't like to engage in fights, but was confident in his ability to escape hastily. Volpe didn't appear to be much of a threat anyhow, they were around the same size, and Rayner observed that there was something funny about the other young male's eyes..."On an assignment actually. But I have time, so I thought I would take a detour and look around. Best to be familiar with as much land as possible in my opinion."
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptySat May 14, 2011 11:18 am

could I join? I've been practicing Its okay if you guys say no
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:34 pm

(Sure ^_^ )
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptySat May 14, 2011 9:20 pm

I don't know where to start I mean I don't thing I should try yet I'll wait till the story developes more
Back to top Go down
JayAsylum
Curious Shinlai
JayAsylum

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:54 pm

Aurudon shuffled, lightly cuffing Volpe with a swoosh of his tail out of habit for youngbloods blunt outburst while listening intently as Rayner spoke. By the end the older shinlai found himself unnerved by the way the blue youngblood spoke and nearly bristled at the mention of assignment. Aurudon did not want to think of Rayner as part of that filthy order, who called themselves Darkbloods, but he could not ignore the possibly. The Darkbloods sought the elder like prey, relentlessly, for the bounty of him was one of promised glory having made their black list of difficult shinlai. Anyone who contributed to his capture would have rewards, so he heard, of what Aurudon did not know or cared for.

Peering at the younger lai, the elder kept his gaze gentle and serene. Though uncertainty and distrust had seeped into the shallows of his mind, Aurudon wasn't going to let it get the best of him. Age knew better then that. Besides, as it was, no true story had yet to be told.

Jewels chimed as the elder tilted his head, rather like a bird, and grinned lightly.
" Oh, tis shame to shorten ones wandering for sake of time. Who bades you rush, youngblood?"

(FF Lateness again)

Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:53 pm

Rayner watched Aurudon curiously. He was wondering silently if the elder would be suspicious, but if that was true, he didn't seem to show it. Instead he tilted his head and grinned.
"Oh, tis shame to shorten ones wandering for sake of time. Who bades you rush, youngblood?"
"Mh." Rayner nodded his head, eyes shining behind his mask. "Some day I'd like to see all of it, there's just so much, I feel like I'd need all the time in the world."
He paused for a moment, almost thoughtfully.

Rayner wasn't sure if or not he should tell Aurudon, there was certainly a line between enough and too much. He was 43 years old, but still young enough not to know everything, and be aware of that. He glanced to the side, and laughed quietly, "Those above me I suppose you could say. 'Assignment', I love that word, 'get out of the way' more like." He mused.
"So, are you both just here for pleasure? It's an interesting place."
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:08 am

Volpe ducked his head when Aurudon cuffed him up the side of the head with his tail. He ignored the elder's warning of manners though. "Assignment? It sounds interesting." Volpe tilted his head in slight question.

" Oh, tis shame to shorten ones wandering for sake of time. Who bades you rush, youngblood?"

Volpe's wry grin grew wider. Ah... things were getting interesting. Assignments weren't handed out by the common, but by higher ranks- that is, either Darkbloods, or Followers of Dailia.

"Those above me I suppose you could say. 'Assignment', I love that word, 'get out of the way' more like."

Bingo. "Above you? I only know of two causes that entitle a ranking system. That would be Dalia's followers and the Darkbloods." Volpe left the question hanging, it wasn't like Rayner could really avoid it. Which was it that held his allegiance? Or perhaps Volpe was mistaken and Rayner worked for something entirely different.

"So, are you both just here for pleasure? It's an interesting place."

"Traveling. Passing through. It's simply a river to me." Short answers with a bit of a clipped tone. Volpe was eager to know which cause Rayner answered to.
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:43 am

"Above you? I only know of two causes that entitle a ranking system. That would be Dalia's followers and the Darkbloods."
Rayner stared at Volpe for a moment, he seemed somewhat eager to know which side Rayner associated with, and the statement was unfortunately rather difficult to avoid.
It was definately a question, not something said just to be said. However, Rayner blinked once, and remained relaxed. He had no idea if or not Volpe or Aurudon were Darkbloods, Daila followers, or neutrals. Origionally he had assumed that they were Darkbloods, but now doubt was creeping into his mind, though he wouldn't mind too terribly if they did find out. If he was attacked Rayner would fight... They just didn't seem like they would attack. Not yet anyway.
"This is true, I've never heard of anyone else using a ranking system either." He responded, "I know not of my father's exact rank, but higher than I."
He craned his neck back in order to itch a spot between his shoulders with long twisted horns. "But you really just want to know which side I'm on, right?" He asked with a grin.
Back to top Go down
JayAsylum
Curious Shinlai
JayAsylum

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:34 pm

Aurudon could only watch as the two younger lai shot questions between one another and it was beginning to make him feel ill at ease. Old memories long buried began to resurface, triggered by the growing argument, but the elder quickly shoved them away. Clear thoughts was what he need at this moment to control the rising tempers of the two younger lai, though in truth he mostly needed to soften Volpe's seemingly impulsive questioning. But if worse came to worse Aurudon was certain he could subdue the both of them in an instant or leave if need be. It was nought for nothing he was called the elder of a thousand tricks.

Most of the issuing conversation didn't interest Aurudon but he retained the information nonetheless out of habit. Resting his gaze on Rayner the older shinlai shrugged causally in response to his last question after a quick glance at the sky. Grey clouds lingered just within sight overhead. Light though they were Aurudon sensed that there was to be some rain to come, as his bones clearly stated.

"This is but a road to me, just as the world is for a wandering soul. It has no meaning other then by choice I choose to follow my element. Tis...a comfort to me," he said, adding the last a bit more quietly, hesitantly, almost whispering it. A pang of sadness pulsed dully in Aurudon's mind then. He could not figure out the reason why and for a brief moment his blue gaze seemed tired but it was soon replaced by a more stern expression.

" As for this talk of alliances, I grow weary of it. The world is overflowed with grief and anger as it is and I will not stand to add to it here, where ever you claim your loyalty lies. I pray we remain as strangers, met kindly on this traveled road. Continue, and I fear I shall depart."
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:43 am

Rayner turned back to look at Aurudon, the grin wiped clean from his face. Instead he studied the elder thoughtfully, pondering his quietly spoken words. He seemed almost sad. Rayner didn't understand, but at the words that followed he decided it would be wisest to drop the discussion on alligances. At least for now. He glanced out of the corner of his eyes at Volpe, it would be hard to get rid of the curiosity that now tugged his mind. Where did his loyalties lay?

"I appologize, it is true that there is already enough trouble in the world." He admitted, "Maybe we can start over. I may have missed introductions, but my name is Rayner. It is a pleasure to meet you both, especially in such a place as this, it felt so desolate before..."

Last edited by Toadfoal on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:51 pm

But you really just want to know which side I'm on, right?"

"Is it that obvious?" Volpe responded with a grin of his own.

"This is but a road to me, just as the world is for a wandering soul. It has no meaning other then by choice I choose to follow my element. Tis...a comfort to me,"

Volpe was caught off guard by the elder. He had been quietly observing the conversation between Rayner and Volpe. And here he was babbling about following his element or something of the sort. How did you even follow an element? Maybe he was going senile.

"As for this talk of alliances, I grow weary of it. The world is overflowed with grief and anger as it is and I will not stand to add to it here, where ever you claim your loyalty lies. I pray we remain as strangers, met kindly on this traveled road. Continue, and I fear I shall depart."

Volpe frowned, things were just getting started though! Grief and anger were of high interest to Volpe, who stuck his nose in everything. He sat down a somewhat disappointed look on his face. "Nothing but a conversation, Aurudon, think nothing of it." Volpe said. "If you grow weary of it, we'll stop." He glanced at Rayner, his curiosity was sparked now, and it went against his nature to drop a conversation like that.

"I apologize, it is true that there is already enough trouble in the world." He admitted, "Maybe we can start over. I may have missed introductions, but my name is Rayner. It is a pleasure to meet you both, especially in such a place as this, it felt so desolate before..."

Volpe still had his mind on allegiances. Surely Aurudon was a Follower? Or maybe neutral. But most Darkbloods leaped at the chance to persuade others to change their views. Or at least they had in Volpe's experience.
Back to top Go down
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 4:09 pm

In a mess of red fur and complicated antlers, Viva sprang along side the river she had been following. She could smell two other Shinlai on this path, and after being left behind by Taggerung, thought it fun to go about meeting new friends.

She had been trotting for quite a while now, and had now grown bored of the fish. Instead now she gazed upon the blue sky. She always loved the clouds, with their fluffy poofs gliding easily past the horizon.

Suddenly, a rock seemed to have appeared out of no where, pulling Viva's large red foot down, her massive body with it. Rolling head first directly into the stream, water sprang into droplets all around her mass of a body. Enraged, the red shinlai flung herself towards the rock digging her antlers beneath the surface of the soul, in attempt to upturn the boulder.

She had never been able to lift heavy objects, however in her childish rage she didn't seem to notice.
Her limbs flailed about splashing and digging. Throwing dirt and water all around her.

She continued like this, yelling and growling obscene curses, until finally she landed on her back, antlers very much trapped beneath the large rock. Her long head trapped in place, brought her gaze upon three Shinlai just across the opposite side of the river. Two of which, seemed to have jumped aside in time to dodge Viva's fit of water and soil throwing.

The other, a skinny brown lai with glossy silver eyes, had been covered in dirt and was soaked to his feet.

Cringing up, Viva tucked her feet over her torso and stomach smiling apologetically.

"Whooopssie....hmm...."

She never was the most polite of shinlai, nor the most graceful, but this certainly took the cake.

Last edited by Holyfrap on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : GRAMMAR FAIL)
Back to top Go down
http://holyfrap.deviantart.com/
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:06 am

Volpe heard quite a commotion up river and turned his head instinctively to look towards the noise. What in the world...? He heard splashing, flailing, something smashing... just a general commotion. And it was soon followed by a hideous growling and snarling. Volpe chuckled softly, well someone certainly wasn't having a fine day.

Viva though, quickly came too close. Volpe heard Aurudon and Rayner leap out of the way and he cocked his head curiously, starting to follow. He stopped dead in his tracks though as he was immediately soaked and covered in mud and dirt.

Volpe's fur rose on end in surprise and aggression. A furious snarl rose up from his throat. "What in Daila's name?!" He yelped and danced away, far too late to avoid any water or mud. A shiver could be seen run down his spine. He managed to bite back his fear of water. Luckily, it was mostly just mud.

"Whooopssie....hmm...."

Volpe immediately swung his head towards the noise. A Shinlai's voice. Female. Obviously not too worried. He lowered his head slightly, pulled his lips back to bare his teeth. For a moment all he did was snarl hideously. "What is WRONG with you?" Volpe couldn't see her apologetic smile, and by the lightness of her tone, assumed she found it amusing. He snarled again, louder, going so far as to take a step in the river. Lucky for Viva, she was on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:31 am

Viva toes curled as the tan lai snarled towards her. Her size much overlapped this lai's, and yet with her antlers logged under the rock, she had no means of upturning herself to face the Shinlai before her. She blinked unsure of what to do. She had never been in a position to which she was not capable of defending herself.

The angry shinlai took a step into the water, hesitating. Viva snorted, frustrated again by the same rock, and wiggled her head around to free her nuisance of head gear. All she managed to do was make her bells on her antlers chime annoyingly. So much so that the fire flies within them began to flow out in streams. Fast movement always seemed to upset them.

Unable to escape, Viva let out a short growl, warning the lai in front of her to stay away. What was she to do now?
Back to top Go down
http://holyfrap.deviantart.com/
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:46 am

Rayner's eyes widened as the scene played out before them. He had noticed the red shinlai come trotting a long a few moments before she hit the rock, but was surprised at the violence with which she attacked it.
What was this? A stranger appearing and attacking innanimate objects. For one who tended to approach everything with some reserve, the behavior was almost as strange as it was amusing.

Fortunately he, and Aurudon Rayner assumed, both saw the splashing water and dirt coming and managed to get out of the way in time. Rayner stood back, flicking his silky tail back and forth as he watched Volpe get splashed. He couldn't help but cringe, maybe it would have been best to say something, but it was too late now.

Volpe seemed quite angry at the shinlai, and Rayner couldn't help but notice that she seemed to be trying to appologize... at first. Now everyone was getting angry, and streams of light seemed to be flowing from the new shinlai's antlers. It took a moment of observation to realize that these were fireflies, and they appeared to be coming from within some bells. He only barely managed to keep from laughing; surely this was a bizarre way to start a fight, and said quietly, "I feel as though no true offense was meant..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Those by the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river Empty

Back to top Go down

Those by the river
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: The Pen and the Mask :: The Old Records-
Jump to: