Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Those by the river

Go down 
+3
Toadfoal
Blue
JayAsylum
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

Those by the river - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:02 am

Volpe heard a chiming in response to his growl, and he only snarled louder. What the heck was that? Was it meant to confuse him? Well it was working. Volpe's gaze wavered slightly, as he searched for the source. So many sounds from the bells though confused him on where to look. What more he could see floating specks of light, or rather "sense". Volpe summoned his own orbs of light in response- mistaking the fireflies for summoned light by a Shinlai's element.

"I feel as though no true offense was meant..."

"No offense? I'm filthy! I don't see how you cause this much of a mess with no offense meant!" Volpe paced the riverbank angrily, working himself up. He drew more light closer to him, so the surrounding area was actually dimmed- as if the sun had set just over the horizon.
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 am

Viva chuckled to her self as the tan shinlai paced the river side. Blood was rushing to her head now and making her quite woozy. Unable to see or think straight, she laughed aloud. Her unusually long canines gleamed as she out stretched a large paw towards the new light.

"Wow! Another light Shinlai!" She chattered enthusiastically, loosing sight of the reason she was staying curled up," I've never seen someone besides myself!" A ball of smoky light immediately swirled in the bed of her paw, as she nudged it closer to the tan lai.

Her firefly friends swarmed around it, amplifying it's shine making her golden eyes gleam as well.

"Oh haii" she muttered sleepily now, as she began to loose blood in her back feet," Little buggies blinking blinking..!"

Suddenly, she noticed the blue shinlai on the other side of the river. Her eyes blinked with childish curiosity," There's moarrr of you guyss..?" She turned and noticed the older lai last," and moar!"

She smiled, her lips curling," I found new friends!" She battered happily, not realizing the anger of the light lai nearest to her. Suddenly, she stopped smiling," My head feels... heavy..." She whimpered.

(Also, I'm drawing this scene! I hope you guys don't mind! I'll post it in the Lai Group on Da when I'm done ♥ )
Back to top Go down
http://holyfrap.deviantart.com/
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:42 am

"So it seems that you've finally caught up, my dear."
He tried to look serious, but when he saw poor Viva's awkward position, he couldn't help but grin cheekily.

Taggerung emerged from the lush bushes and reeds that rested on a distant portion of the bank, and he dipped his head at her in respect. He had been resting in the shade, waiting for her to catch up, which was in no time, naturally. He had only just started picking up on the other three's conversation when she blundered into the river.
"I think you could use some help."

Momentarily ignoring the feverish Shinlai on the opposite side of the river, Taggerung manipulated the rock that trapped his companion's antlers, watching it tremble and dissolve into dust and rubble on the ground, then meld and combine with the dirt and grass.
"You look silly," he couldn't help but tease. Sauntering to where she was laying, the earthen one smirked down at her and helped her up.

His attention was refocused to Volpe -at least, that's what he thought they were calling him-, who was collecting quite a heap of light about him. His soggy fur flung bits of mud and grass as he stomped about on the other side.
Winking at him, Taggerung's voice bellowed out across the river at him, "No need to be so angry. It's just a little... earth. What, you aren't afraid to get dirty, are you?"
'Oh, man, I'm so GOOD at making friends.' He rolled his eyes. He could only imagine what Viva would have to say in regards to Tagger's hostility.

"Little buggies blinking blinking..!"

Giving her an awkward glance, Taggerung, wandered back over to her and sat next to her.
"I hope you're gonna be ok, because I cannot heal you, I'm afraid." He smiled, and studied her masked face. Hopefully she wouldn't pass out.
Back to top Go down
http://cloudlace.deviantart.com/
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:10 am

"No offense? I'm filthy! I don't see how you cause this much of a mess with no offense meant!"
"It looked like she was mad at a rock." Rayner didn't know if that really made much sense, and when he said it out loud it made even less sense. Why had she attacked the rock? Because it tripped her? Oh well, he probably wouldn't understand, light shinlai were supposed to be so cheerful, but neither of these two seemed to fit that description very well at all.

As the female started to look like she might not be doing too well (he couldn't have said he was surprised, Rayner was still a bit unnerved by the whole thing), he turned his attention to the newest shinlai to arrive. An earth shinlai... Oh, but he recognized this one!
"Pardon my prying, but you're Taggerung, right?"
Maybe it was the same shinlai he'd seen that cold day near the ice with Rysh and Hollow, Riya and the other dark male who's name he'd somehow missed. Rayner could have kicked himself for that one, he was certain that the dark furred shinlai was important, but couldn't put a name to him. Maybe that meant Taggerung was important too, since the two had been walking along together. And now the same male was with this red shinlai who seemed to be behaving somewhat oddly? He wished he'd stayed longer to find out more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toadfoal.deviantart.com
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:32 pm

"It looked like she was mad at a rock."

Volpe stopped his storming for a moment, tilting his head with a sly smirk on his face. "I'm actually starting to believe she's not right in the head. Brain damage perhaps." Volpe was known for having a sharp tongue and mean remarks. On top of it all he spoke as if Viva wasn't even there.

"Wow! Another light Shinlai! I've never seen someone besides myself!"

Oh really? Let's all just be friends then! Volpe thought to himself. Instead he did nothing but stare, completely and utterly confused, at Viva. Friends? Did she not see how clearly upset he was? Now Volpe was only working himself up. He sensed a ball of light pushed towards him and he immediately hit it back. It flew back towards Viva, and if it had any actual density, it would have hit her in the face. Instead it just sort of dissapiated when it collided with her mask.

"No need to be so angry. It's just a little... earth. What, you aren't afraid to get dirty, are you?"

Volpe turned his head sharply, he hadn't heard Taggerung approach as he was too preoccupied yelling at Viva. He sent a glare towards the stranger. Who was he to interrupt?

"Pardon my prying, but you're Taggerung, right?"

Volpe snorted, Taggerung could go away and mind his own business.
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Nyliir
Friend of Hekili
Nyliir

PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:47 pm

(Hope you don't mind me jumping in, this RP is way too funny at the moment.)

The branch beneath Rhan creaked a warning as she readjusted her position to get a better look at the scene unfolding before her. She had seen the entire thing, and needless to say, she was more than slightly amused. It had started off as a serious conversation between the three male shinlai, a conversation that Rhan happened to be nearby for and figured that perhaps she could acquire some useful information. Until the female shinlai came bounding through and interrupted everything, and now there seemed to be some tension accumulating within the group.
Rhan had originally considered joining in on the meeting, as it had started as purely males, and she had come to enjoy flirtatious banter. Yet the appearance of the female lai had made her think otherwise, and she was about to disappear into the forest when the female spoke.

" Little buggies blinking blinking..!....My head feels... heavy..."

Rhan chuckled, leaping from the branch and landing heavily atop the soft earth. There would be no competition for her here. She stretched and yawned, shook her thick mane, and advanced into the group, her head held at full height.
Back to top Go down
http://nyface.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Those by the river   Those by the river - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Those by the river
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2