Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Over the River and Through the Woods

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheval4
Pack Member
Cheval4

Over the River and Through the Woods Empty
PostSubject: Over the River and Through the Woods   Over the River and Through the Woods EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Heeyy, IT'S ME. Cheval. YOUR ONE TRUE LOVE. <333 Let's RP it up in hee-uh.

Herp, rules. This is a closed RP for Yearofdragon and myself.
No dying or serious brawling. Arguing is alright, minor skirmishes may happen.
Cursing is fine, BRING IT ON. XD
Humans are awesome, of course.
Animals are meant to be eaten.
*The same cannot be said for small children.
And always remember, stay derpy. Oh bby

Derp, setting. This lovely little RP takes place in Elaisha's equivalent of a prairie. Extremely rich, fertile soil means that there are many small farming villages, mainly humans, in the area. Tall grasses like switchgrass and indian grass dominate the landscape, and flowers such as blazing star, ladies tresses, and violet wood sorrel are abundant. There are some trees scattered around that gradually become a vast forested mountain range to the east. There is a river in the woods, right next to a human village. The time is early autumn so the landscape looks somewhat like this: http://caquino.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Illinois/G0000BdcunEGzjvU/I0000aGhARlDKvY4 The weather is nice and crisp, there are some clouds scattered across the sky but they don't promise any rain. It's breezy and very nice in the forests, but colder on the open fields. LESSGOO!

"Oh, sh- NOO!" A large red Shinlai male roared with anguish as a sudden, violent gust of wind sent his elemental training awry. The flames licked at the plants around him, but the Shinlai of Fire quickly put them out. "Hhhhhhh, crisis averted." He moaned and sighed as he realized that he came this close to starting a huge disaster. With a small huff, the Shinlai moved on through the sea of gently waving grasses that tickled his legs and belly as he passed. "Hrm. With the amount of noise I'm making I'll never catch my lunch," he complained with a dramatic rolling of all six eyes. Of course, this motion was accompanied by a disdainful snort. He stopped suddenly, narrowing his eyes. "Where am I even going?" he wondered aloud. ...Whatever. It doesn't matter. I'll just sniff out some humans. Varne took about a minute to sniff at the air before he set his sights on a nearby human village. "If they're farmers, they should love a bit of excitement," he mused. The Shinlai made up his mind and set off at a trot to the settlement, his good mood gradually returning.
Back to top Go down
Yearofdragon
Pup
Yearofdragon

PostSubject: Re: Over the River and Through the Woods   Over the River and Through the Woods EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:31 pm

( :D )
Leo walked through the dirt roads of the unfamiliar town, holding a heavily creased map with some crude scribbles on it that vaguely resembled the town. Oh how Leo missed his old town, the paved roads especially On his way here he had snagged his trenchcoat on several tree branches, tripped over multiple roots and stones, and had nearly been tramplled by a horse. By the time Leo reached the small village, he looked like he had been in the woods for weeks! Leos map was torn and lazily drawn, he wasnt even sure if he was holding it right!
"I cant even remember what i'm supposed to do here" Leo sighed as he entered the small village "Well i supposed i should find a place to stay" Although it was only noon, Leo wanted to guarantee himself a room in one of the Inns scattered around the edges of the town. after about half an hour of walking and getting lost multiple times, Leo decided it would be a better idea to throw his map out, But eventually Leo found his way to "The Burning Branch Inn". "how ironic, leo though" considering this is a wooden building" Immideately after Leo said that, the thick smell of smoke floated by his nose.
"what the...?
Back to top Go down
http://yearofdragon.deviantart.com/
Cheval4
Pack Member
Cheval4

PostSubject: Re: Over the River and Through the Woods   Over the River and Through the Woods EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:40 pm

A very guilty-looking Varne padded towards the cluster of cheap inns haphazardly scattered on the outskirts of town. "The Burning Branch Inn," he read aloud. "Heh. My kind of place." He grinned devilishly. "maybe we should give these innspeople a bit of excitement, eh?" he murmured to what appeared to be no one. Soon, however, a flame licked around his legs, chest and up his neck. Gradually it took the shape of a small, demonic-looking creature. "Aahh, my lovely little Beast," crooned the Shinlai. "Don't you worry, our bellies will be full soon. So very soon."

The diminutive Beast coughed up thick smoke and settled itself on Varne's longest left horn. The Shinlai glanced around at some shocked-looking humans. Hrm, scruffy-looking bunch, he mused. The Beast crackled and spat cinders into the air in agreement. "No matter, in we go." Varne padded into the inn and the Beast dissolved into his mane without even burning him. There was no evidence that a fire had existed other than the embers twinkling on their descents through the air like fireflies.
Back to top Go down
Yearofdragon
Pup
Yearofdragon

PostSubject: Re: Over the River and Through the Woods   Over the River and Through the Woods EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Leo dismissed the Smoky smell as someone starting a bonfire or a tavern burning some old food. After a while, Leo entered the Inn, hoping that it would at least have room service, Leo wasn’t in the mood to go and get dinner. A giant red shinlai blocked the way to the check-in, his back turned to Leo. Bright orange embers flew off of the shinlai mane and the same smoky smell surrounded Leo. “Did this shinlai come through the same door that I had?” Leo thought as he looked around for alternate entrances” How did I miss that?!”

Menacing Hisses came from the giant red Shinlai. Leo had only ever seen one other Shinlai, Rayner the shinlai of air, But Leo could immediately tell that this shinlai was nothing like Rayner, if not the complete opposite. “Maybe I could go to a different inn, one with a less ironic name” Leo thought as he reached towards the door.
Back to top Go down
http://yearofdragon.deviantart.com/
Cheval4
Pack Member
Cheval4

PostSubject: Re: Over the River and Through the Woods   Over the River and Through the Woods EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:41 pm

Varne just barely managed to squeeze his sizeable body through the open doors of the inn. It wasn't the worst place he'd been to, nor was it the nicest. Nevertheless, ignoring all the shocked looks from the sober patrons sitting at tables scattered throughout the main room, he strode to the check-in desk and began talking with the clerk. "I was wondering if you had a stable or barn of some sort, anywhere I could stay for the night? ...What? Darkblo- No. Of course not, not those troublemakers. I've never even met one. ...Yes, I've heard lots of rumors about the damage they've done to humans. ...Well, yes, my mane is on fir- No, I can control it. I'm a Fire Shinlai, it's what I do. I always smell like smoke. ...Fine. That sounds great, thank you." Just as he ducked under a beam to turn around, the Fire elemental spotted a particularly scruffy-looking human quickly glance in the other direction. As he watched inquisitively, the human went for the door. "h, hey! Hi!" Varne started at a trot to catch up to the human. "Yeah. Uh. Hello, human! Can I help you with something?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Over the River and Through the Woods   Over the River and Through the Woods Empty

Back to top Go down

Over the River and Through the Woods
Page 1 of 1