Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Village Evening

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:01 pm

Alright then, this roleplay is for:

Forrgotenrose
Saphirawolf
Silveera
Morganism

If you would like to be a part of this Rp, then by all means, note me or Saphy! We wont mind you asking c:
Right, now for my long winded intro!

-------------------------------

It was a pleasant day, the sun had just passed its peak and it was heading to dusk. The light blue sky was slowly darkening with streaks of pink and gold shot through the clouds. A gentle breeze swept through a small village, nestled between the rolling hills. Lush green fields surrounded the village, some bearing growing crops, others filled with livestock munching the green grass. To the north of the village was a large woodland area. Stray deer wondered between the trees, stripping the lower branches of their leaves. Birds began starting their dusk chorus, their melodic songs filling the air, ensuring there was not a moment of silence. Although the village was small it was busy at the late time of day, with people bustling back and forth, disappearing into the small shops and reappearing with less money and more food, or clothing.

Leaning against the corner of one shop, their arms folded defensively, was a slim woman, her long brown hair pulled back into a braid, but with a long, swept over fringe covering half her face. Her visible eye, which was emerald green, scanned the crowds, her eye occasionally following one person for a bit before switching to another. Hidden beneath her fringe was a milky white eye, a thick rough scar cut down from her forehead, through her eye, and down her cheek to her jaw bone. She’d been blind in her right eye for over five years, and by now she was used to it completely. However when the breeze blew harder than expected, her fringe would fly out of her face exposing the scar briefly. When this happened she’d deftly move her head and flick it back into place. While she wasn’t ashamed of it, it just raised a lot of questions, and she’d already been through enough questions. She was a new face in the village after all. The only place she hadn’t been questioned at was the pub.

She gave a bored yawn, and as she went to cover her mouth, she swiftly lifted a small purse from the closest person to her. She smoothly switched it to her other hand and dropped it into a small bag on her hip. Her eye flicked around again, double checking no one had spotted her. While the village consisted mainly of humans, there was the odd visiting Shinlai dotted around. Despite the fact Shinlai were a common presents on Elashia, the village people stared at them in surprise and awe. She shook her head and rolled her eyes. Sure Shinlai were large and their element skills were impressive, but that was no reason to stare at them like that. With a quiet grumble she crouched next to her large backpack, which was propped against the wall, and move the small collection of stolen purses into it, before checking the pair of Shinlai masks were still bound and safe in her thick coat. From her crouched position she watched the multitude of feet trundle past, and the occasional pair of hooves.

‘Why is everyone in such a rush these days?’ She mused to herself with a frown, pulling out one of her daggers and scrubbing away at the blade with a corner of her shirt.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Anonymous

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:57 pm

"Hey pub'sman, how's about another free water for the poor thirsty traveler?" Echo shout you could almost say...politely as he sat hunched over the bar a few feet off from the all too familiar female. He hadn't noticed her, suppose the missing eye got the best of him and blinded out a sight he wouldn't want to miss.

Grumbles, murmurers and the occasional sound of slamming mugs and setting plates on the wooden tables filled the air. Echo's stomach growled, one of the many things he had in common with Nootau, was the fact the two always seemed to be hungry. "Urg...stomach..shut up, i'll find a way to get food, m'kay?" he muttered to himsel--well, to his stomach, as if it could really understand. In the meanwhile Ida, his little serval companion rest contemptly curled on the bench next to him, one of her hid legs hanging from it.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:18 pm

She stayed crouched, scrubbing away at the blade of her dagger. Stopping only when she could see her face in the refection. She gave a quite sigh and rested her head back on the wall, jerking away as her hair got stuck to the slightly sticky wall. “Bleh.” She muttered pulling her braid over her shoulder. She stood up again, tucking her bag behind her legs while she leant on the wall again, trying to ignore how it stuck to her shirt. She scanned the pub again, trying to decide if there was anything worth lifting. There wasn’t much worth snatching. She turned to the bar, leaning on the counter, glad her leather gauntlets stopped her from feeling the sticky surface. She heard muttering from the person next to her.

‘Great, next to the village nutter.’ she thought with a roll of her eyes. With her blind eye on that side she couldn’t see much.

She glanced over her shoulder, pretending to look at the pub behind her.

And did a double take.

A familiar friend was sat on the stool next to her. She smoothly eased on to the stool next to him. Slowly she leant towards him until their shoulders were almost touching. “Care for a drink?” She said in his ear.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:37 pm

"Why, if you insist my lovely lad--" he said with a gentleman's charm, about to give off some sort of lecture to see if he could nab himself a free drink, or hell even a meal, until actually seeing who exactly sat next to him, he scrambled, lightly--not lightly, nearly falling off the bench lightly. "I-Iapto?! What are yo--who's stalking who now?" he blinked in surprise. Ida's ears twitched with her voice, she knew who was talking and it didn't take her long to leap on to Echo's shoulder and on to Iapto's lap, causing Echo to loose balance and fall back with a smack.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Iapto grinned as he turned and recognised her, but not after he answered charmingly. He stared at her in surprise. "I-Iapto?! What are yo--who's stalking who now?" He exclaimed, almost falling off the bench. Iapto had been about to reply, when a white furry animal launched itself onto Echo’s shoulder than barrelled into her lap. Iapto let out an ‘omphh’ as the wind was knocked from her. Ida was on her lap, nudging her for attention. There was a thump, and Iapto looked around to see Echo on his back.

She held back a bark of laughter, as she leant down and held out a hand to Echo. “What can I say, it’s fun to follow pretty flowers.” She said winking at him. “And you seem to of had a few drinks already.” She added with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:20 pm

"Ahh--oww" he groaned a tad.

“What can I say, it’s fun to follow pretty flowers. And you seem to of had a few drinks already.”

Echo chuckled "Oh, so you remembered that, huh?" he pulled himself up with the aid of her hand "No this was...a fall from excitement." he cleared his throat and threw a glare at Ida "At least this time we managed to meet decently, rather than in some sort of sticky situation...for once, though I think i'd pass nearly breaking my back a second time." he stretched lightly to set his back back in to place, before taking his seat again "What are you doing 'round these parts?" Ida purred happily, she quite enjoyed Iapto's company, however brief it would be.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:40 pm

"Oh, so you remembered that, huh?" He said with a chuckle. "No this was... a fall from excitement." He said, before clearing his throat.

Iapto raised her eyebrows slightly. ‘Excitement? Hmm, wasn’t expecting that.’ She mused, smiling though.

"At least this time we managed to meet decently, rather than in some sort of sticky situation...for once, though I think I’d pass nearly breaking my back a second time." He added with a small stretch. "What are you doing 'round these parts?" He asked sitting down again while Ida purred.

Iapto awkwardly cleared her throat and petted Ida’s head. “And I’d pass on getting a hole in my side, again.” She countered with a grin. “And I’m just... Snooping, seeing the sights and what this village has to offer.” She said with a knowing smile.

“Barman!” she shouted. “Two pints, please” She called, waving one hand over at the barman, the other scratching behind Ida’s ears.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:47 pm

“And I’d pass on getting a hole in my side, again.” She countered with a grin, he frowned.

“And I’m just... Snooping, seeing the sights and what this village has to offer.” She said with a knowing smile.

"uh huh" he smirked.

“Barman!” the boy flinched from the sudden shout “Two pints, please”

"Hmm, I wouldn't take you for the alchool loving type" he raised a brow "You'd better be expecting to buy those" he teased.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:53 pm

"Hmm, I wouldn't take you for the alcohol loving type. You'd better be expecting to buy those" He said teasingly.

“Oh but of course! I did offer after all!” She said with a grin as the barman headed over with two pints. “And I don’t really drink, just when I can afford it... And when I’m not legging it... It’s hard to run straight with alcohol...” She mused.

She pulled a few coins from her hip bag and slid them across the counter to the barman. She slid one pint over to Echo. “Cheers.” She said picking up her pint and gesturing to Echo.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:02 pm

"And when I’m not legging it... It’s hard to run straight with alcohol...”

"Let's hope we don't run into any pissed off Shinlai, or old gents with pitchforks then." he chuckled and took the glass with a smile and tapped it lightly against hers “Cheers.” down you go, drink, he took a mouthful and set the glass down on the counter.

Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:25 pm

Iapto had just taken a mouthful of beer when his words reached her. "Let's hope we don't run into any pissed off Shinlai, or old gents with pitchforks then." Echo said.

She coughed on her drink. “Pitchforks?” She asked. “What are we? Cattle?” She asked with a grin. “Well I suppose pitchforks are better than sticks of wood though...” She added thinking about it more. She took another drink and absentmindedly petted Ida, who was currently just a warm fuzzy pile of fur on her lap.
Back to top Go down
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:04 am

Rowan all but fell through the pub door as she attempted to escape the furious villager who persued her. Kiva was clutched tightly to her chest, his sapphire eyes wide with alarm. Stray chicken feathers clung to his shaggy fur and her tattered clothes, fluffy evidence of their failed 'hunting'.

She wouldn't normally have attempted chicken snaching in broad daylight, but she hadn't eaten in days, and her beloved fuzzball hadn't been able to catch anything but mice and birds that were to small for her to eat, and whose feathers were to drab to make anything to trade for food. Her face flushed in embarassment as she turned to see several of the pubs patrons staring at her, mumbling something she herself didn't understand and laughing akwardly, she walked to the bar, hugging Kiva so tight to her chest that he gave an iritated yowl and clawed his way from her grasp, jumping onto the bar where he began dantily washed his paws and gave Rowan his cat equivelant of the cold shoulder.

Setting her hafhazardly made bag onto the ground, she dropped onto a stool, her stomach gurgeling as the smells of the food being cooked and eaten registered in her frazzled brain.
The sudden shout of “Barman!” from the person a few feet away cause her to nearly fall from said stool. Kiva jumped a full foot in the air, brisseling and hissing indagnantly at the woman who'd shouted.
Back to top Go down
http://sylveira.deviantart.com
Anonymous

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:08 am

The hissing cat on the counter did draw attention, Ida flinched and perked her head up, inspecting the cat from Iapto's lap. Echo looked over his shoulder, slowly setting the glass down "Looks like there's another castaway in town" he muttered "Although she could have done a better job at keeping a low profile" he snickered.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:28 am

Iapto glanced around at the sound of a commotion, her free hand smoothly dropping to one of her knives. A young girl clattered through the door, a cat clutched to her and feathers all over the place. Iapto turned back to the bar, the girl didn’t seem to be a threat. She took another gulp of drink, when a loud yowling hiss filled the air, she glance over the rim of her drink to see the girls cat hissing at her. Ida’s head had lifted at the noise.

"Looks like there's another castaway in town. Although she could have done a better job at keeping a low profile." Echo muttered.

Iapto chuckled into her glass, trying to hide the fact she was laughing. The cat didn’t stop hissing though. Iapto slowly lowered her glass, and hissed back loudly at the cat. She pointed at the cat with her glass. “You sir, are drawing attention.” She scolded, with a slight frown. “Attention is pub, is never a good thing.” She added, taking another drink.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:18 am

Farai sighed as she walked through the town, she had to stop leaving the troupe with Mel... But at least they had the most fun when they were trying to catch up with their family. Since Mel was at the other side of the town and told Farai to meet up with her later, Farai had been wandering around- she had a fair amount of money if she was hungry or saw anything that piqued her interest and just had to have it. The red-head looked down at the dog by her side, he was big, and his angular floppy eared face looking up at Farai as he followed her lead. "Warin, lets get somethin' to drink, eh?" Farai might not be big on drinking with the troupe (at least, not when mom was around...), but she could hold her own. The black-and-brown dog wagged his little stub of a tail and followed Farai's lead.
Searching the town for a pub, not a hard thing to do when you asked the right stereotyped people... And there she was... After walking past an amazingly angered man, she and Warin walked in before the black dog went stiff. Before Farai could even think to stop the dog, Warin had leapt at the cat that was sitting and hissing at some random per- Iapto... And Echo...
"Ohlordy." was all Farai could say before the dog's brown front legs hit the bar, his teeth snapping at the cat and missing. "WARIN!" Farai yelled as the dog tried to scramble atop the bar to get at the cat... It's a shame he was in protective mode- the cat was hissing at one of his humans. That was unacceptable.

In case people forget... This is what Warin looks like.
Back to top Go down
http://issamorg.deviantart.com/
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptySun May 29, 2011 1:44 am

“You sir, are drawing attention.” The woman said as she pointed her glass at Kiva “Attention is pub, is never a good thing.”

Rowan reached for Kiva, "I'm so sor...." The angry barking of a dog interupted her, and she spun around just as the dog leapt at the bar and snapped at Kiva, missing by a hares breath. Bristeling in fear, Kiva took off across the pub, the dog in hot purstuit, sending chairs and patrons flying.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptySun May 29, 2011 5:53 am

Ida hissed and came to a stand with her fur on edge as she stared at the dog with a kitty growl, despite the dog being not to far off for her size, she still disliked it.
Echo watched as the smaller cat took off across the pub's bar countertop, the dog in hot pursuit. "Oh dear lord..." Echo mumbled, getting up from his seat "Don't let Ida run off" he advised Iapto and ran after the dog, quickly holding it by the neck scruff when he caught up "WHO'S BLOODY DOG IS THIS?!" he shout out in frustration.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptySun May 29, 2011 7:04 am

"I'm so sor...." The girl said reaching for the cat. She was interrupted by a loud bark and shout of. "WARIN!" Iapto’s eye widened in shock as a black and brown dog flung its self at the cat. The cat took off as Ida stood up and hissed at the dog. "Oh dear lord... Don't let Ida run off." Echo warned, before chasing the dog.

Iapto sighed and wrapped her arms around Ida, burying her face in her soft fur. “Attentionnn...” she groaned quietly. She lifted her head slightly and eyed Ida. “Don’t even think about moving.” She added.

She glanced over at the girl, quickly taking in what she look like and what she wore. “My turn to apologise, that’s my sister’s dog.” She said in embarrassment.

She winced as Echo’s voice roared out "WHO'S BLOODY DOG IS THIS?!" He sounded frustrated. She groaned and hid her face in Ida’s fur again, feeling her face heat up and turn red. She hated attention. And shouting. The pub had gone rather quiet now. Except from the cat's hisses and dog's growls, there was hushed and annoyed sounds of muttering.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:17 am

When the cat booked it and Warin followed, Farai ran after him. When Echo grabbed Warin by the scruff, Farai sighed in relief... Then Echo's shout of, "WHO'S BLOODY DOG IS THIS?!" making her wince.
"Stop with the yelling and get the cat, why dontcha." She said before grabbing Warin's leather collar, forcibly making him sit and rubbing his neck trying to get him to put down his hackles. Farai looked at the bar, noticing Iapto's head burried in the fur of yet another cat. "Why are there so many cats?!" she muttered to herself, before her eyes fell onto the owner of the cat- the girl who looked at the cat with a look of concern. "Sorry 'bout that. Usually he doesn't act like this around cats..." adding, "Though the cat hissing at who it was hissing at might've had something to do with it..." under her breath. "Well. That was embarrassing." She looked at the bartender and at the amount of people in the pub. After looking through her purse and decided she could swing it, she yelled, "Barkeep, a round for the house!" Sure, Warin got her waaaaaaaaaaaay off on the wrong foot, but hey, free booze is free booze.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Echo scoffed and went over to grab the girl's cat "Hereee kitty, kitty" he reached his hand out, eventually able to grab hold of the frizzled cat and pull it in to his chest like a baby, petting it's back lightly "shh it's alright, dog ain't gonna hurt you no more" he walked back to the girl "Here's you're cat."

"Barkeep, a round for the house!" he looked up as Farai shout
"Well...I keep getting free drinks today" he smirked, rather satisfied about it too.
Back to top Go down
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptySun May 29, 2011 6:57 pm

Rowan was to shocked to move as the pair took of across the pub bar, and barely noticed when the man beside the woman went after the dog.
She turned quickly to the woman when she heard a his and saw a large spotted cat sitting in her lap, the woman buried her face in its fur and mumbled something bfore looking up at Rowan, and saying “My turn to apologise, that’s my sister’s dog.”

Her reply was interupted by "WHO'S BLOODY DOG IS THIS?!" causing the woman to bury her face back in the cats fur and turn bright red.

All of this was to much at once for the starving girl. Her face paled as wave of dizzyness caused the room to spin, she was so hungry...

Rowan barely notice that another woman now had hold of the dog, as the man walked up with Kiva "Here's you're cat." She mumbled a weak "Thank you." before falling back onto the stool with a soft thump, sitting Kiva on the bar counter.

She barely heard the new comer shout "Barkeep, a round for the house!"... it felt like there was cotton balls in her ears, she shook her head slightly and groaned, and turned paler as the room spun again and her head throbbed.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptySun May 29, 2011 7:47 pm

"Barkeep, a round for the house!" Farai's voice yelled out. Iapto looked over Ida's back and raised her eyebrows at her sister. Could she realy afford that? She gave a small shrug and downed the rest of her first drink, pushing the mug over to the bar man to have it re-filled.

There was a soft thump next to her as the chicken feather girl, fell back onto her stool. "Hold Ida." Iapto ordered, bundling the serval into Echo's arms. Iapto yanked open her bag and dug through it fanatically, pulling out a small paper wrapped parcel tied together with brown string. She unwrapped it, and pressed the dried meat into the girls hands. "Eat that. You need food, I'm afraid that all I've got at the moment." She ordered.

She sat back on her stool and watched the girl expectantly. Her eyes flicked over to Echo and she gave him a small smile. "You're quick at catching things." She said while grabbing her refilled drink. After all, who said no to free booze?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:43 pm

"You're quick at catching things."

Really. Really? He facecat as now it was him digging his face in to Ida's fur, looking up moments after "She alright?" Echo questioned as he approached chicken feather girl and Iapto, setting Ida down on one of the stools next to them. She quickly sniffed at the smaller felines muzzle in a greet.
Back to top Go down
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:45 pm

"Hold Ida."

Rowan looked up as the woman bundled the cat into the mans arms, then dug through her bag, producing a paper wrapped package. Pressing the dried meat that was wrapped inside into her hands "Eat that. You need food, I'm afraid that's all I've got at the moment."

Rowan said a quick "Thank you." An began to slowly eat one of the strips of meat. She'd been in similar enough situtions to know if she ate too fast, she'd just throw it back up again.

She watched as their cat thing sniffed at Kiva's muzzle, who sniffed curiously back at the larger feline. She watched the them closely, and compared the two cats. Kiva was a big cat by ordinary standards, but this feline was bigger than him, it's spotted coat was quite beautiful too.

"What kind of cat is that?" She asked through a mouthfull of jerky, her amber eyes bright with curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:31 am

Farai placed the correct amount of coins on the bar and walked over to Iapto, Echo, and the girl who owned the cat, her purse significantly lighter. "Sorry about Warin," she apologized to the cat's owner, holding his collar firmly as she did, "usually he's the sweetest thing..." When Farai heard he girl's question, she looked at Echo and the size of his cat and quipped, "Y'know, now that she brings it up, what type of cat is it?"
By then, Warin had calmed down and placed his head on Iapto's lap, panting lightly and gave her a doggy smile, figuring he had saved her from the big, mean cat hissing at her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Village Evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village Evening   Village Evening Empty

Back to top Go down

Village Evening
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: Grab your masks, it's RP time :: The Library - Storyline Roleplay-
Jump to: