Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Newcomers AHOY

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:44 pm

This RP if for...

Morganism135

Rubisa (has to launch her character, so this is why this exists... it's almost midnight, I just wanna sleep... >>

Forrgotenrose ('cause she's awesome like that.)

Arukardis (Mel luffles her Rhin. He can come in if he wants, but studying for exams is important, too Aru!)

PM me if you think you should join! I'd hafta check with anyone else involved, too... >>
Please note, this is nonviolent. No weapons required... And no angry mobs... So stealing, if any, if kept on the down low... I'm looking at you, Iapto.
And this town is not official... At least, not that I know of.

-----------------------------------

The coast town bustling with activity, merchants selling their wares- anything from fish to jewelry. The day was still young, just after dawn, in fact, but the town was already alive. The merchant stalls were tall and the roads wide, this town was clearly used to shinlai and had adjusted so the two species could better coexist.

The town was small, but important when it came to restocking for longer journeys. For that reason it was used to many different kinds of travelers... Shinlai and 'strange' humans alike.

Due to reasons like this, the pale blue shinlai, the red-head at her side, and the dog by the human's side were able to blend in. Poking around from stall to stall, looking at items but generally making friends with local merchants... The Troupe'd be coming back around here sometime or other and it would be best to make friends... more people willing to show up.

The town by the ocean, like many others, had gulls among other birds- the air filled with their chatter along with that of shinlai and humans. Aside from the gulls, there were the scattered odd bird accidentally released (or managed to escape...) into the wild, their colors bright and sizes varying from the gulls.

There were many different ships, it seemed each had a different flag, were from different places...

Many humans were content living in the town- it was in Daila territory and rarely did darkbloods cause problems.

Mel looked around, her eyes drifting across the mass of people, maybe they'd see someone they knew...?

"Mel." Farai repeated, nudging her sister's side as Warin's eyes set into his angular face locked onto the fish in Farai's grip. "You hungry? This is a decent sized fish and Ma gave me some money for food."

The pale blue balance shinlai looked closer at the fish and shrugged, "Sure, why not." before motioning down to Warin to Farai. Checking her dog, Farai reached into her belt pouch and tossed him a piece of jerky, as per usual Warin plucked it out of the air in one fluid movement before crunching on it contentedly.

((Not my best, but it's started... Happy now, Sammah?))
((EDIT: Added more so it isn't nearly as crappy as it was before... this is why I don't like starting threads at 11:40, Sam. :I))

Last edited by Morganism135 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://issamorg.deviantart.com/
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:46 am

The Lunea Madyna pulled into the strange port, planning only to dock for a few hours before drifting back into the ocean.
A rather tall, extremely handsome and sun-tanned man jumped off the ship, down to the dock, the planks creaking beneath him upon landing. He appeared unarmed and harmless enough, looking as if her was perpetually grinning from his crows's feet ... though, in all honesty, few had ever seen him when he was not grinning.

For life was a joke to William, the one whom they called the portmaster... he seemed to have a mastery of excessive drinking, good luck with gambling, and he was, indeed, an expert at the "gallery" concept...such a concept consisted of he was in the hen house... and there was no escaping his squinted eyes, gentle voice, and charming personality. Such were the activities of Port life for a privateer. (Why he had no women to warm his bed? Well, the lady of the ship was a force to be reckoned with...mightier than a wife, and meaner than an elder sister, she has to keep him out of trouble.)

Shalone shimmies down one of the lines that secures them to the dock, and follows. She was an oddity, to be sure. Her slender build had enough curve to it to look almost exotic, and she was obviously a dancer. Her hair was white with a streak of pink running to the right of her face. Her skin was porcelain, and her eyes sparkled like the finest cut rubies, with a hue to make the precious stone envious. She mumbles to herself, carrying a list of supplies and a pen. No doubt, Will would flirt, do the heavy lifting to show off, and pay at the end of the shopping excursion... and Shalone would do all the REAL work.

"So, Shalone... have I not mentioned the need of fine gold leaf? I have an artifact we've 'aquired' in need of touching up... must have been damaged in 'transit'..."

"You may be the wallet, sir, but I have the list."
Shalone's ruby-pink eyes glanced down to the paper in her slender hand.
"The list says 'no'. You may squander your money after you feed your crew, pay to load and store dry powder and buy me sailcloth."

"You're no fun." Will said, tossing a foreign gold coin to a vendor, making the man's week worth the trip into town -- for a fresh baked pretzel.

Shalone put her hands on her hips, beginning to look as if she were all the trouble she was hyped up to be.

Will grinned, handsome as ever, even as he was dragged away to buy the necessities... and NOTHING else, until the list was purchased.

Will's eyes met those of the large blue shinlai female. He paused, head slightly cocked to the side, before continuing on his trip around the market.

In his distraction, he bumped into the ginger woman with green eyes accompanying the shinlai, setting the dog off into a panic and knocking the slightly slimy fish in her hands down the front of her shirt. He backed up, apologizing, only to knock over a jewelry booth.

Shalone sighed, taking the wallet and paying for the damage and loss of the precious stones the man had, while Will apologized, helping up and offering to replace her now smelly shirt. Shalone turned to the shinlai and apologized, complimenting her on her lightly glowing mask.

"My apologies, to both of you.. perhaps we could interest you in a drink, or something to eat, our treat?" Shalone offered graciously. "And, please, allow me to get you a new garment to wear... you might make others' faces turn sour; by the time we reach the heat of the day, you could very well smell like low tide..."

"Please do! Please do what she says and spare me her wrath, dear ladies!" he jokes, being awarded a halfhearted swat to the arm. "I am William, captain of the Lunae Madyna. This is a dear friend of mine, of little consequence," he grinned, to receive a good natured smack "Though we may call her Shalone."
Back to top Go down
http://sammah-sam.deviantart.com/gallery
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:52 pm

The huge purple and white Shinlai weaved through the coastal town with a scowl on her face and her teeth slightly bared. She disliked being in the middle of a hoard of humans. They were unpredictable and rowdy at the best of times. She tensed visibly each time she caught sight of a shiny stick, strapped to a human’s hip. She kept walking determinedly, heading for where the breeze was coming from. It was a salty breeze, suggesting it was blowing right off the ocean. And in Alkyone’s head the closer she got to the sea, the less humans there were.

She rounded a corner quickly and stopped abruptly, she could see the water, even with the human boats bobbing round on it. But there were even more humans than she expected. She grumbled quietly and took a step back. Only to feel two hands on her rear, shunting her forwards. “No you don’t madam. Keep walking.” A voice said.

“I wouldn’t even be in this problem if it wasn’t for you.” Alkyone retorted, reluctantly stepping forwards.

“I wasn’t aware there even, was, a problem!” A sharp reply came.

“Will you get out of my tail fur!” She snapped backwards.

“Keep walking and maybe I will!” Came the exasperated reply.

Alkyone grumbled again and began walking. There was a slight huff and a slender, brown haired, female human appeared by her side. “Look at you all, you’re like sheep!” Alkyone muttered, looking around the crowd, and eyeballing anyone that looked at her for too long. She was aware that her coat was shiny and long, and had had trouble with humans after her coat before.

“Hey! Not everyone follows the crowd!” Iapto snapped back at the large female. She glanced around and spotted something to distract Alkyone with. “Hey is that Mel over there?” She asked standing on tip toes and pointing.

Alkyone lifted her head, from her snarl at Iapto. Scanning across the crowd looking for the familiar silver-blue Shinlai. As soon as she spotted her friend she began pushing her way through the crowd towards her. She’d feel better if with a friend. Iapto trotted along behind her in the wake that followed the large Shinlai. “Ohh looks like Farai’s made a guy friend.” Iapto snickered as she ran behind the Shinlai.

((lawl these two do not get on xD ))
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Farai had just payed for the fish when some random guy ran into her, causing Warin to start growling and snarling while protectively standing in front of his human. Luckily, Farai caught the fish before it fell to the ground, her face scrunching into one of disgust as she noticed the fish slime all over her shirt. "Oh come ON." she groaned, tossing the fish at Mel who caught it and ate it, suppressing a smirk under her masked features. Farai glared at her, pointing at the shinlai, "I swear if you don't stop it I will take your mask and shove it up your-"

"My apologies, to both of you.. perhaps we could interest you in a drink, or something to eat, our treat?" The companion to the man said, before adding, "And, please, allow me to get you a new garment to wear... you might make others' faces turn sour; by the time we reach the heat of the day, you could very well smell like low tide..."

Farai groaned, "Because everyone wants to smell like fish all day..." she threw Warin another piece of jerky to get him to stop growling.

"Please do! Please do what she says and spare me her wrath, dear ladies!" he jokes, his companion smacking his arm, "I am William, captain of the Lunae Madyna. This is a dear friend of mine, of little consequence," he grinned, getting another thwack. "Though we may call her Shalone."

Farai shrugged, "Sure, why not..." before getting down on Warin's level and giving his short-furred neck a good rubbing- sufficiently calming the dog. Looking back up to the pair, Farai inwardly cursed, "Where are my manners, I am Farai of Troupe Versilia, this dog here is Warin, and the bluish shinlai over there," she said, motioning to the owner of the name as she said it, " is Mel."

Mel looked through the crowd, her gaze stopping on a familiar huge shinlai... Though the angry expression she was wearing was new. Deciding to try to see what's up, she walked around the humans and a yelled, "ALK! HEY!" toward her friend, staying by the humans.
Back to top Go down
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:28 pm

Shalone patted Warin, slipping him a treat gently, watching Mel trot over to the other shinlai. Even after years of being around shinlai, their grace and agility, despite their astounding size, still suprised and astounded her. She smiles to Farai, saying "You are truly graced by the presence of these regal beings. How long have you known Mel? Where are MY manners. Let's get you a new shirt..." she grinned, telling William "I'll be back, meet with Mel and her friends at the Cafe in twenty minutes?"deftly slipping a few gold coins from an unaware William's wallet, and Following Farai to a vendor of her choice for a new top.

William Follows Mel after Shalone and Farai's departure, and says, "Pardon me, but I've been directed to invite Farai, Mel, and any friends who wish to accompany, to lunch... however, Shalone has gone somewhere, most likely up to no good, with Farai... and has left me to 'interrogate' you ladies for names... I am William. I know of Mel. You ladies," he said, gesturing to the extra large shinlai and her companion "however, are a mystery to me." he grinned, genuinely curious of the shinlai, and of all the attractive women in the area... he could hardly keep his eyes from wandering.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 5:21 pm

“Well at least she’s not stealing.” Alkyone said rolling her eyes as she hurried towards Mel.

“Aww come on! I don’t steal people at least!” She exclaimed. “Never seen the point of slave trading anyway.” She added with a mutter.

"ALK! HEY!" Mel yelled heading towards them.

Alkyone put on a burst of speed, practically knocking several humans over in her eagerness to get there. Iapto had to jog to keep up, despite the fact she wasn’t exactly going to lose her in the crowd... She frowned as she saw Farai heading to a stall with another woman.

“I won’t ask where she’s heading.” Iapto commented to Mel, patting her, kinda sister, on the shoulder.

“Mel, there’s too many humans.” Alkyone said with a slight whine, lowering her head and butting into Mel’s side. “I dun like it...” She whined again, sounds rather childish. Her head jerked upright and the usual narrow eyed, slightly grumpy, expression returned, as an unfamiliar, male voice spoke to them.

"Pardon me, but I've been directed to invite Farai, Mel, and any friends who wish to accompany, to lunch... however, Shalone has gone somewhere, most likely up to no good, with Farai... and has left me to 'interrogate' you ladies for names... I am William. I know of Mel. You ladies, however, are a mystery to me." He said, gesturing towards her and Iapto.

Iapto, on the other hand raised an eyebrow. She folded her arms neatly across her chest and raised her chin. “Iapto Van Der Aart and Alkyone Zabatos.” She said curtly, eyes flicking over to her sister. “My I ask what your friend is doing with my sister..?” She enquired tilting her head to one side.

Alkyone raised an eyebrow at the pair of them and shifted closer to Mel, which was tricky as she was right next to her already. “So... William... What exactly do you do?” She asked, emerald eyes staring at him. Alkyone stared levelly at him. He was taller than a lot of the humans around them and had bronzed skin. Dark hair was spiked upwards above grey-blue eyes. To human females, he would be good looking. To her, he was just another threat. A human, and a male.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:40 pm

“I won’t ask where she’s heading.” Iapto quipped to the shinlai, pointing over to Farai and Shalone...

"Ah... Well, funny story... I'll tell you later." she promised when Alk trotted over.

“Mel, there’s too many humans.” Alkyone said, butting Mel's side with her head, “I dun like it...”

"Well... You could always push them away with water?" Mel suggested, unable to be too reassuring.

"Pardon me, but I've been directed to invite Farai, Mel, and any friends who wish to accompany, to lunch... however, Shalone has gone somewhere, most likely up to no good, with Farai... and has left me to 'interrogate' you ladies for names... I am William. I know of Mel. You ladies, however, are a mystery to me." William said, Mel rolling her eyes.

"Keep it to yourself, pal, she's not available." Mel said, turning her gaze back to the human.

“Iapto Van Der Aart and Alkyone Zabatos.” Iapto said, adding on, “My I ask what your friend is doing with my sister..?”

Mel stepped forward on that, saying, "Will here ran into Farai and a fish relocated its slime all down her shirt." she said, looking down at Will, "Shalone... I really don't think that's a good name for her... ANYWAYS, she's getting Farai a new shirt."

“So... William... What exactly do you do?” Alk asked, eying the human. Mel turned her gaze over to Will, allowing him to answer that one. Looking over her shoulder, Mel tried to see where the strange 'Shalone' went off to with her sister.

-------------

Farai watched as Shalone slipped Warin a treat, the dog happily munching on it happily. "You are truly graced by the presence of these regal beings. How long have you known Mel? Where are MY manners. Let's get you a new shirt..."

Farai shrugged, "I've known her since we were both really little... Almost twenty-one years, or so. She was a great sister growing up, that's for certain."

"I'll be back, meet with Mel and her friends at the Cafe in twenty minutes?" Shalone told William, before Farai lead her through the streets, trying to find a vendor with a good selection of shirts... Stopping at one that featured mostly earthy colored shirts- just what Farai loved. Farai looked at all the shirts, turning to Shalone, inquiring, "What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 7:18 pm

William looks over to Mel, grinning still, despite Mel's unpleasant attitude towards the fact that he is breathing, it seemed.

"I apologize, ma'am, if I have offended you. I am a captain of a ship from another land. The Lunae Madyna is her name. I am a privateer, commissioned by the alliance of historians to collect stolen and misused artifacts, misused, broken, or otherwise. It Is my job, not only as captain, but as the head of the mission, to repair the artifacts or at least safely package them for transit back to the museum. Shalone serves upon the ship as well... a jill of all trades. She cooks, fights the pillagers who oft wreak havoc upon us, repairs the damage afterwards, sings and entertains the crews with stories and jokes and I know not what she does NOT do for us... Now, ladies, if you wish to accompany me, I am headed toward the cafe, if you wish for a cold drink as sorely as I.

He excuses himself politely, and leads the way to the cafe, though he listens carefully for any questions or comments, rhetorical, snide, or otherwise, as he walks, his naturally long stride making it difficult for him to move slowly without making a conscious effort to.

----

Shalone smiles, loving a challenge. She goes over to a rack of earthy silken shirts. She picks a flattering and form-fitting (not skin tight) earthy olive-ish green tunic with a medium-drop (modest) scoop nec. The tunic has fitted, though comfortable sleeves, practical for easy movement; they were three-quarter sleeves, falling a little above the elbow. The sleeves could be rolled up and buttoned up on warm days, like today. She also chooses an acorn-brown leather belt. The leather belt has a pouch that lays on the front right hip, a 'purse' without being a GIRLY purse, convient, functional, and fashionable, embroidered with waxed linen thread and adorned with wooden beads. The belt buckle is a solid silver, and the purse has silver closure/lock and other components.

"This would do quite well, I believe. the only thing that might complete it would be a necklace, I think..." She advises, but isn't pushy if she were to refuse. Shalone turns away, looking around and leaving her to try it on, or continue shopping. She pays the vendor quite well in advance for any clothes she might choose, anything she might buy in addition to what Shalone chose for her, or something else entirely. "Not meaning to rush you, Farai, but the time draws near for us to meet Mel and your other friends at the Cafe." She says, leaving her to change in a back room/tent, waiting by the door of the vendor's shop for Farai to emerge in her final outfit.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:58 pm

"Keep it to yourself, pal, she's not available." Mel said disapprovingly. Iapto stifled a laugh. "Will here ran into Farai and a fish relocated its slime all down her shirt. Shalone... I really don't think that's a good name for her... ANYWAYS, she's getting Farai a new shirt." Mel explained, Iapto paused before clapping a hand over her mouth and turning away from William and snickered into Mel’s fur, getting a raised eyebrow from Alkyone.

"I apologize, ma'am, if I have offended you. I am a captain of a ship from another land. The Lunae Madyna is her name. I am a privateer, commissioned by the alliance of historians to collect stolen and misused artifacts, misused, broken, or otherwise.” William explained, he continued a little more but only one thing caught Alkyone’s attention.

“You have a boat?” She asked, automatically following him, forgetting that he was a male and possibly dangerous for a moment. “How big is the boat?” She pressed keeping pace with him easily.

Iapto looked up at Mel, shrugged, and trotted off after Alkyone. A slight skip in her step, despite the large bag, and smoothly swiping a purse as she went. She was more than happy to let Alkyone interrogate the guy.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Mel looked down at Iapto, snickering into her fur, shrugging when Alk raised an eyebrow.

"I apologize, ma'am, if I have offended you. I am a captain of a ship from another land. The Lunae Madyna is her name. I am a privateer, commissioned by the alliance of historians to collect stolen and misused artifacts, misused, broken, or otherwise.”"I apologize, ma'am, if I have offended you. I am a captain of a ship from another land. The Lunae Madyna is her name. I am a privateer, commissioned by the alliance of historians to collect stolen and misused artifacts, misused, broken, or otherwise.It Is my job, not only as captain, but as the head of the mission, to repair the artifacts or at least safely package them for transit back to the museum. Shalone serves upon the ship as well... a jill of all trades. She cooks, fights the pillagers who oft wreak havoc upon us, repairs the damage afterwards, sings and entertains the crews with stories and jokes and I know not what she does NOT do for us... Now, ladies, if you wish to accompany me, I am headed toward the cafe, if you wish for a cold drink as sorely as I.” William said, earning a confused expression from Mel, before she followed.

"Offended? No... I'm just warning you... Iapto has quite a punch and a nastier kick..." then playfully nudging the Iapto's shoulder.

Mentioning he was a captain, however, got Alk's attention. “You have a boat? How big is the boat?” easily catching up with Will's stride. Mel watched as Iapto followed Alk, before walking by the human's side, crouching low and nudging Iapto to get on... It would be faster, that way.

-------------

Farai watched as Shalone looked through various wares, buying a nice outfit and then telling Farai, "This would do quite well, I believe. the only thing that might complete it would be a necklace, I think..." and leaving Farai to change with a "Not meaning to rush you, Farai, but the time draws near for us to meet Mel and your other friends at the Cafe."

Farai changed into the outfit that Shalone had picked out, keeping her boots, her music note necklace, her gloves, and taking her belt with her onto the new outfit, the two belts looking strange, in a way, but the colors all matching well enough. Stretching in the new outfit, Farai smiled and asked Shanlone, "Thank you... Shall we away?"
Back to top Go down
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:50 am

William glances up at the massive purple and fluffy shinlai, not thinking that a ship would have caught her interest as it did. "The Lunae Madyna is a custom constructed and richly furnished schooner of 40' in length per deck. She was once a diplomat's transport, though I inherited the position of Captain from Shalone's late brother. I am but the second captain; Shalone owns the ship, and the Maiden head is modeled after her as well, though she was much younger then." He said, coming up to the Cafe. He begins pulling a few tables together, and letting them seat themselves, as he orders them all iced water to start, and letting them each add to it in turn.

Shalone smiles at the new outfit, nodding her approval. "Yes, I believe we may be running a touch late. Ah, well, you look lovely, Farai." The pale young woman quickly looks her over, nodding again with an aire of "damn, I'm good!" before the pair set off for the cafe. Shalone enters earshot in time to hear the bit about the maidenhead being modeled for her. "William, for God's sake, don't bore the ladies with Minutia. Ladies, thanks for coming! I am Shalone, as you have gathered. And I will assume you all must know Farai. " she says, introducing Farai and pulling out their chairs, a traditional 'hostess' tradition in her home country, for the lady of the 'house' to seat her honored guests.

Not like William would know anything about being a polite hostess or anything like that.

William's eyes catch a glimpse of Farai's quiet and understated beauty, the colors she wore complimenting her lightly tanned skin, and he consciously has to look at Mel, to keep from staring. "Good thing we bumped into each other," he jokes with the Shinlai, "I was starving! Welcome back, Farai and Shalone." He greets them kindly, turning and introducing Shalone to the fluffy purple shinlai and Iapto.

"Welcome to the table, Alkyone and Iapto, I am glad to have you here. It has been too long since I have been able to make new friends, I believe we have been FAR too long at sea. What can I get for everyone?" Shalone says, pulling forth a paper from the same pocket notebook as the original shopping list, and begins taking orders, handing the idiot-proof list to the waitress after writing everything down clearly for her.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:59 am

"Offended? No... I'm just warning you... Iapto has quite a punch and a nastier kick..." Mel warned William.

“You think that’s bad you should see my headbutt.” Iapto quipped, giving Mel a light push, before climbing up onto her back.

"The Lunae Madyna is a custom constructed and richly furnished schooner of 40' in length per deck.” William explained. Alkyone blinked, having no idea what he was talking about. “I am but the second captain; Shalone owns the ship, and the Maiden head is modelled after her as well, though she was much younger then." He said.

“Maiden head, that’s the model on the front right?” Alkyone said, having a rough idea of what that was. “Is it always humans on the front of the boat?” She asked. She’d seen quite a few boats but never really paid much attention to the front of them. Most the time she was swimming away from them. She sat by the tables, back straight and rather uneasy. The tables barely reached her knee and the chairs weren’t much use, other than being perfect to bump into a knock over.

“What’s up with all the boat questions?” Iapto asked sliding Mel’s back to land by a table.

Alkyone shot a small glare at Iapto as she flopped into a chair and motioned at a newly dressed Farai to sit with her. “Nothing, I’m just curious.” Alkyone said curtly. “I see them a lot I just don’t know much about them.” She said, eyes flicking over to Shalone who was taking orders. She shook her head when it came to her turn to order. It wasn’t like the human dishes would give her much more than a snack.

Iapto reclined in her chair, and pulled out one of her knives, making Alkyone hiss quietly, and started cleaning it. “Don’t tell me, most the time you’re running from it?” She quipped, not looking up. Alkyone smoothly manipulated some of the icy water and flung it at her. But Iapto didn’t react, just gave her head a slight shake and continued cleaning her knife. Smirking.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:09 pm

Mel plopped down at the end of the table, semi oblivious to everyone's talking. She felt tense, but when Farai walked back in, Mel visibly relaxed. "Well, we're all here now, eh?" she said, settling down.

"William, for God's sake, don't bore the ladies with Minutia. Ladies, thanks for coming! I am Shalone, as you have gathered. And I will assume you all must know Farai. " Shalone said, before seating Farai.

"Good thing we bumped into each other," he joked, Mel rolling her eyes, and smiling a little at the joke. "I was starving! Welcome back, Farai and Shalone."

"Welcome to the table, Alkyone and Iapto, I am glad to have you here. It has been too long since I have been able to make new friends, I believe we have been FAR too long at sea. What can I get for everyone?" Shalone said, giving a list to the waitress.

Farai waved her hand and stated, "I'm game, just some water, though..."

Mel smirked, turning her head to her sister, "Too early to be drinking, eh?" before Farai flipped her the bird.

“What’s up with all the boat questions?” Iapto asked, sliding off the pale shinlai's back and sitting in a chair.

“Nothing, I’m just curious.” Alk said, before adding, “I see them a lot I just don’t know much about them.”

“Don’t tell me, most the time you’re running from it?” was Iapto's reply which got her icy water flung at her... But she just sat smirking. Mel sighed and considered using her air to try to dry the human, but it would probably just make Iapto colder and mess her hair up... She had no intention of learning about Iapto's headbutt, either.

Mel looked Shalone over, before sighing and saying, "Ma'am, I mean you no offense, but your name doesn't fit you..." she leaned back and looked around the table, "any suggestions?" She declined anything to eat, though. The fish from earlier wasn't agreeing with her and she didn't want to make it worse.
Back to top Go down
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Shalone shrugs at Mel's mentioning of the odd name. "Call me what you like, then." she says, ordering her food and drink.

William sips his beer, a caramel-colored spring ale. It was hardly midday, and he was drinking... though it was just a short glass. "Alkyone, I would be more than happy to take you and anyone else interested on a tour of the 'Madyna some day soon, if you were so inclined."

Really? Shalone thinks to herself, with an inward grin. It was rare to have visitors aboard, and it seemed that the plans to leave port the next morning had changed... she had no doubt in her mind that he had found something in harbor to entice him to stay. Staying in one place for more than a few days was almost a challenge for William... Shalone was eager to see how long this willingness to stay in port would last.

((William's pimpin! XD lol, jk...))
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:28 pm

Iapto shrugged as Mel asked the group for names. “I see nothing wrong with the current one.” She yawned, picking up her glass of water and chugging half of it. “But then again I’ve never seen what’s wrong with changing your name.” She added. “Just makes it confusing for others.”

"Alkyone, I would be more than happy to take you and anyone else interested on a tour of the 'Madyna some day soon, if you were so inclined." William offered, drinking his beer.

Alkyone tilted her head to one side. A tour? It sounded interesting, but she was wary at the same time. She didn’t like the idea of being on board something that could easily sail away with her on board. But at the same time she could easily swim away if she could get off. Iapto on the other hand would stuck, if she took the tour that was.

“Sure why not.” Alkyone said with a slight shrug.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:35 pm

"Call me what you like, then." Shalone said, to which Mel leaned back, musing to herself.

“I see nothing wrong with the current one.” Iapto said, adding, “But then again I’ve never seen what’s wrong with changing your name. Just makes it confusing for others.” Mel turned her gaze over to her sister.

"It doesn't seem to fit her, though..." she murmured before going back to her thinking, looking Shalone over.

"Alkyone, I would be more than happy to take you and anyone else interested on a tour of the 'Madyna some day soon, if you were so inclined." William offered.

“Sure why not.” Alk replied, shrugging.

Farai sighed and looked from William's drink and then to the water the waitress brought her, sighing, saying, "Nope, can't do it." then turning to the waitress and yelling, "OI! Someone bring me a beer?" she then turned to Mel and quipped, "I'm kinda with Iapto on this one, Mel."

The shinlai ignored the comments of her sisters and continued looking Shalone over... she seemed to really like the color pink... Hadn't she seen a pink stone somewhere? A ruby? Hm. Well, she also seemed to have a dancer-like way to walk... Hadn't mom told her a name that meant dancer? what was it... Isa-somethingorather?

Hmmm... Isa... Ruby... No...

Rubyisa? Rubisa?

Yes.

"I got it!" Mel said, startling Farai, the human almost spilling her glass of water. "Rubisa." Mel said, feeling rather proud of herself. "Whaddya think?"
Back to top Go down
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:24 pm

Rubisa smiles. "I think it fits me quite well, indeed."

William orders Farai the same beer he is drinking, as well as a pitcher for them to use to refill once their glasses run low...the beer comes in a moment, Will tipping the waitress before she continues on to the rest of her tables. Will glances over to Rubisa, who is smiling, chatting along with the rest of the ladies. It was interesting, seeing her interact with the other women and shinlai, as she often hid herself and her true feelings within small talk. He could see she was beginning to open up to them, albeit only slightly. She was genuinely smiling. William could practically feel the warm feelings radiating from her like a second sun.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:10 am

Alkyone slowly eased herself down so she was laying on her belly, the table still small and far below her chin. She dipped her head and managed to slurp up the ice water.

"I got it!" Mel Exclaimed, making Alkyone cough on the water. "Rubisa.”She said proudly. "Whaddya think?" She enquired

"I think it fits me quite well, indeed." Ex-Shalone-now-Rubisa said with a smile.

Iapto yawned again, slumping lower in her chair and resting her feet on the corner of the table, making sure to keep her boots away from the others. “A name’s a name.” She muttered, tucking her chin into her chest, arms folded and eyes half closed. The warm sun was making her drowsy.

Alkyone watched the banter lazily. Eyeing William as he watched him watch Rubisa. She gave a small snort and dipped her head to steal Iapto’s water.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:43 am

Mel smiled when Rubisa said, "I think it fits me quite well, indeed."

When the beer arrived, Farai reached over and grabbed a cup, raising it and saying, "Cheers" before taking a swig.

“A name’s a name.” was all Iapto said before starting to doze, Alk wasting no time before starting to drink Iapto's water. Farai slid her still pretty full glass over to Alk and smirked.

Mel turned to the other shinlai and chuckled, "Well... Never thought I'd see this..." someone taking from a thief... she added in her head, not saying it aloud... Better Rubisa and William didn't know Iapto's occupation just yet...

"So... Rubisa, William, what brings you to this little town?" Mel asked, trying to start a conversation.
Back to top Go down
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:56 pm

Rubisa looked at William, who thought a moment on how to phrase his answer. "We needed supplies, a few members to add to our crew, and a break from the seas is always greatly appreciated." William said simply, sharing the 'cheers' with Farai, asking "May I?" and dropping a flavored, richly spiced sugar cube into the ale of both of their glasses. The sugar cube enhanced the flavors of the brew, and improved the smell smoothness to something beyond comparison. William winks at Farai, passing another glass+spiced cube over to Rubisa, who was smiling at Alkyone's careful drinking out of Iapto's glass.

"Mel, I believe you'd like this." She said, offering the pale blue shinlai a sip.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Iapto appeared to be asleep, her breathing deep and even. But as Alkyone’s head dipped towards her glass Iapto shifted her foot quickly and tapped her horn. “If you want it you ask.” She said curtly, cracking open her good eye, to eyeball Alkyone. Alkyone just stared back evenly at her, before manipulating the water into a ball and snapped it out of the air. Then doing the same to the one Farai had offered. Raising a brow with a ‘what you gonna do?’ expression. Iapto grinned. “And you just gave me the perfect excuse to drink!” She said cheerfully, suddenly wide away. She swung her legs of the table, grabbing a glass and filling it up for herself, but declining a sugar cube.

Alkyone glared at her. “You did that on purpose.” She stated bluntly.

Iapto nodded cheerfully, taking a gulp of the ale. It was stronger than what she’d normally drink, but she wasn’t bothered. A drink was a drink. Alkyone frown deepened further. Already wanting to smack the drink out of the small human hands. Alkyone swept her tail around to wrap around her feet. Managing to knock a few people off their feet, but ignoring the annoyed mutters.

“How long are you in port?” Alkyone abruptly asked, still glaring at Iapto.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:52 pm

"We needed supplies, a few members to add to our crew, and a break from the seas is always greatly appreciated." was William's response to the question Mel asked, then clinking his glass with Farai's and returning the 'cheers'. Afterwords asking, "May I?" before plopping a sugar cube in the glass. Farai looked down at the glass and shrugged, drinking the beer.

Mel looked at Rubisa when she said, "Mel, I believe you'd like this.", offering her some of the drink.

The pale blue shinlai felt the blood rush to her face and was glad she had her mask... "Uhh... I uh, don't drink..." she managed to say out between embarassed pauses, "H-how else would Farai manage to get back to the Troupe... heh..." she finished before looking everywhere but her present company.

Farai didn't complain about Mel's reluctance to drink... she knew that her sister didn't like to and left it at that.

When Iapto said, “If you want it you ask.” about Alkyone going after her water, Farai giggled but said nothing. Alk's manipulating both her and Iapto's water and getting it that way, however, had the human putting her drink down and clapping slowly. Iapto's gleeful smile, call of, “And you just gave me the perfect excuse to drink!” and getting herself a drink made Farai really laugh.

"And that-" she said, when her laughter had faded a bit, "is how I know we're related."

“How long are you in port?” Alk asked, glaring at Iapto while Farai still cackled a bit.
Back to top Go down
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:19 am

Rubisa smiles, and nodds. "I never used to drink, until I met William. He'll practically drive you to drinking..." she joked, understanding fully and not pushing the matter, not wishing to make the shinlai uncomfortable.

"Five days is all I can afford to stay, sadly, though it has to be done, for the crew needs a break." William says, trying not to laugh at the exchange between Iapto and Alk aloud, for fear of angering either one...they both seemed to be a force to be reckoned with. He hides his smile in a swig of the ale, appearing again neutral and calm when he returns the glass to the table.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:25 pm

"And that- is how I know we're related." Farai said round her laughs. Iapto grinned and slouched back down in her chair, propping her feet up on the table and taking a drink.

“What can I say. It must run in the family.” She said with a grin.

"Five days is all I can afford to stay, sadly, though it has to be done, for the crew needs a break." William said, hiding a grin in his drink. Iapto raised an eyebrow at his hidden smile, but said nothing.

“Five days... Not very long to look around much.” She mused, taking a drink. “Don’t get me wrong, I like travelling, I just don’t like being rushed.” She added.

Alkyone frowned for a moment, before reluctantly nodding in agreement. One of the few things she and Iapto had in common.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 2:26 pm

"I never used to drink, until I met William. He'll practically drive you to drinking..." Rubisa told Mel, not pushing the issue further much to the shinlai's relief. She looked back to their small group, aware of how strange they all looked.

"Five days is all I can afford to stay, sadly, though it has to be done, for the crew needs a break." he said, attempting to hide a smile with his drink... And succeeding to an extent.

“Five days... Not very long to look around much.” Iapto said, adding, “Don’t get me wrong, I like travelling, I just don’t like being rushed.” to which Alkyone grudgingly nodded in agreement.

Farai placed her drink down on the table and leaned foreward, "I agree with Iapto there, though it may seem a while it's hard to explore everything to the extent I'd be satisfied with in five days... Not in a town this size."

Mel sighed and used her element to make a few little spheres of color-changing-light appear, using her air to make them float around and bumping one with her nose, sending it tumbling through the air toward Alk. Sitting back with the other spheres changing in size and color, floating around the table made her smile- she was getting better with her abilities and it didn't cause so much of a headache as it used to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newcomers AHOY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY Empty

Back to top Go down

Newcomers AHOY
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: Grab your masks, it's RP time :: The Library - Storyline Roleplay-
Jump to: