Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Newcomers AHOY

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

Newcomers AHOY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 3:43 pm

Rubisa could hardly draw breath at Mel's abilities to bend light and air, simultaneously. She had heard of it, but had only met two shinlai to the point of seeing their elements in action, and neither were balance. She smiles widely, but says nothing, reminding herself to breathe again....

"It is a short time," William agrees, adding "But my crew are paid a daily port allowance. While it is a low sum, the ship has to leave in five days, no more... however, Rubisa, there is nothing saying we must go with the ship. The first mate is capable enough for a short drop-off mission... short of a mutiny, he can't possibly do anything stupid enough to cost us our growing fortunes..." he jokes, sipping his beer again. "Yes, I would indeed like to meet more of the inhabitants of this land..." he says, tapping the ball of light with his forefinger as it passes, sending it over back to Farai, as she wasn't expecting it.

Rubisa nods, grinning. The ship was indeed unsinkable, as the ship's mages were magically sealing the hull. Should the ship spontaneously combust due to stupidity, the ship's magically reinforced hull would float, the embers of the ship remaining inside the magical outer 'hull'. But the ship was a memory of a day far gone... Rubisa was indeed in need of an extended visit ashore.

Back to top Go down
http://sammah-sam.deviantart.com/gallery
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 4:53 pm

"I agree with Iapto there, though it may seem a while it's hard to explore everything to the extent I'd be satisfied with in five days... Not in a town this size." Farai said leaning forwards.

Iapto nodded in an agreement, then starting to count on her fingers. “Two weeks maybe, to see everything in a town this size. But it depends on how much time you like to take seeing things.” Iapto said. “But that’s for this town alone. And without trying to be rude. It’s not much of an impressive town.” She added with a slight laugh.

Alkyone watched as an orb of light drifted closer and closer towards her. Without warning, she lurched forwards and snapped up the light in her mouth, almost knocking the drinks over. She kept her mouth closed for a moment, before opening it and breathing out with a plume of cold air. The light orb was sent twirling away from her. A thin delicate layer of ice surrounding it. The colourful light within the ice globe, sent splintered light dancing across the human and Shinlai. The ice glinting in the sun, despite that, it wouldn’t melt.

“There is a lot of Elashai to see. Only a few have managed to see it all, one of them being Daila and her companion.” Alkyone said soberly. She looked to William and Rubisa. “The best thing you could do, is work out where you’d like to visit and see.” She explained.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 7:02 pm

Farai sat and watched Rubisa hold her breath at Mel's little light trick... She would've found it strange, but then again balance shinlai are rare.... "It is a short time," William agreed, adding "But my crew are paid a daily port allowance. While it is a low sum, the ship has to leave in five days, no more... however, Rubisa, there is nothing saying we must go with the ship. The first mate is capable enough for a short drop-off mission... short of a mutiny, he can't possibly do anything stupid enough to cost us our growing fortunes..." Will joked, drinking some of his beer before continuing, "Yes, I would indeed like to meet more of the inhabitants of this land..." he then tapping one of the spheres of light at herself, Farai batting it to the side and Warin's gaze following it before curling up to sleep once again- Mel had done that to him too many times for it to affect him.

“Two weeks maybe, to see everything in a town this size. But it depends on how much time you like to take seeing things.” Iapto mentioned about the time it took to explore the town fully. “But that’s for this town alone. And without trying to be rude. It’s not much of an impressive town.” She finished with a laugh.

"It is a small town... But for a small town it can be very busy." Mel quipped, standing up for the small town, smiling, "Though I must admit, if scandal was to happen in this town it would undoubtedly travel like wildfire." she finished, chuckling.

“There is a lot of Elashai to see. Only a few have managed to see it all, one of them being Daila and her companion.” Alkyone said, “The best thing you could do, is work out where you’d like to visit and see.”

At that Farai nodded, "The Troupe travels around Elaisha, but we've seen nowhere near all of it." leaning back and taking a drink.

At Alk's little glass around the light, Mel smiled and kept it in the same little circle above the table, it coasted happily around in it's own little current of air. Farai chuckled into her cup as one came close to hitting Iapto, hitting just next to her elbow.
Back to top Go down
http://issamorg.deviantart.com/
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 8:30 pm

Rubisa looks to farai and asks "What sort of entertainment does your troupe use to woo the crowd? I used to dance with the militia of my hometown to 'boost morale', with the other young ladies of the town, and my friend William here, would never show off unless we were all drunk, but he is a great singer!"

William's ears reddened, but the rest of the astounding blush was hidden by his perfect tan. "Shush, you!" he said, kicking Rubisa beneath the table, who 'cackled' madly, sipping on her candied beer.

"His range is astounding! He's a comfortable baritone, but can reach up to a mezzo-tenor" she giggles, adding to Farai, "Not that he'd tell you...unless tortured..."

"Stop, NOW!" he said, glancing around now warily at the women of the table. He felt paranoid and outnumbered...

With good reason as Rubisa blurted "By TICKLING!" with a jump to her feet and a dart towards him. Deftly, she grabbed one sleeve of his coat, which he spun out of, sacrificing the garment to preserve his dignity.

"Rubisa, you'd best stop now, unless you'd like to swim home..." he threatens, eyes glancing around the table as the 'little sister' version of Rubisa tackled him and got him out of his vest-like top, so his tender, ticklish sides were exposed...not to mention his perfectly tanned rippling, amazingly muscled body. As she advances again, he does his best to keep her at bay, grappling with her hands and spinning her into a lock, whilst she giggles. "Rubisa, you've had fun and they've had a lookie-loo... let's stop now..."

"Not till you sing!" she giggles, slipping deftly from the hold and tackling him, getting him in a hold that he, without a doubt, could not escape from, arms deftly bound with a scarf at the elbows behind his back, his tender tummy exposed...

"You are EVIL, and MUST be DESTROYED!" he said, growling like a caged animal when Rubisa leaned in to whisper something to him, looking at the red-faced Farai and company.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Iapto put her glass down, and cupped her hands around the light orb, letting the light shine through her fingers, staring at it in wonder for a moment. Before shoving it into Farai’s glass. She grinned smugly at her sister before picking up her own glass again.

Alkyone and Iapto both raised their eyebrows as Rubisa proceeded to attack William. “So much for dignity.” Iapto quipped to Farai.

“Good lord. How much has she had to drink?” Alkyone asked, glancing over to Mel and Farai.

Iapto jerked her head at Alkyone. Before gesturing to the pitcher of cold water. “Do you want to do it or shall I?” She asked.

Alkyone’s face slowly split into a rather evil grin. She reached across the table, touching a claw to the pitcher, lowering the water temperature dramatically. Before manipulating the water up and out of the pitcher.

And flinging it across William and Rubisa.

“Cool off you two. We’re in public.” Alkyone said looking rather smug.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Farai sat back and was about to answer Rubisa's question, when Iapto abruptly shoved a sphere of light into her glass. Farai looked down at into the glass, it was mostly empty, just a mouthful... Farai shrugged and looked up at Iapto, saying, "Taste the rainbow," before finishing off the glass with one swig- sphere of light and all- smirking at her sister.

Rubisa leaned forward and asked Farai, "What sort of entertainment does your troupe use to woo the crowd? I used to dance with the militia of my hometown to 'boost morale', with the other young ladies of the town, and my friend William here, would never show off unless we were all drunk, but he is a great singer!"

Farai was about to answer when William and Rubisa just started... Farai and Mel didn't even have a word for it- if there was a synonym it was probably 'goofy'... and that would be an understatement.

“So much for dignity.” Iapto quipped to Farai who only nodded, unsure if she would either burst out laughing uncontrollably, or if she would gape like a fish if she opened her mouth.

“Good lord. How much has she had to drink?” Alkyone asked, looking at Farai and Mel.

"Two..." Mel managed out, trying to stifle laughter- Farai raising two fingers at the same time as Mel's answer.

“Do you want to do it or shall I?” Iapto asked Alk, Mel tilting her head in confusion and Farai covering her mouth as she caught the train of thought.

Mel shrank back as Alk's grin became rather sinister and touched the pitcher of water- undoubtedly changing the water's temperature if the appearance of the pitcher's sides anything to judge temperature by- and then flinging the contents at Rubisa and William. “Cool off you two. We’re in public.” Alk said, a rather smug look on her face.

Mel turning to Alk, saying, "Wasn't that a little... Extreme?" before looking at the now empty pitcher... "And I was just considering having some water." Then shrugging and putting her head on the table, attempting to mimic Warin's mooching face and turning it to Alk. Batting her eyes at the older shinai.

Farai shook her head and looked at William and Rubisa, "To your earlier question- we have a little bit of everyone... Heck- we even have some people who can sing and do other trades as well... I think we have a leather worker... Maybe a blacksmith- he only works on the little stuff, though... But yeah- we have a lot of different people and a few shinlai here n' there." she then leaned back, trying hard to keep a smile off her face, "Now... you two feel better?"
Back to top Go down
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:07 pm

William looks over to the thoroughly shocked and now cold and damp Rubisa, and nudges her over to her seat, pushing her backwards. She flops into the seat, eyes re-focusing on William in an "I'm gonna getcha" sort of look... the look a cat gives her mouse, as she patiently cages, grooms, bathes, naps... and then goes in for the kill (for you must dine only when well dressed, clean, and rested XD )... she folds her arms over her ample chest, fingers playing with her hair that sticks to her skin. She uses the 'pouty lip' and looks to Farai. "I would've given you firsties on 'breaking' him." Jokes, grinning. Her cheeks are red, as if she had lightly sun tanned or even burned some... though, with her natural lack of skin pigmentation, she doesn't do that. She looks around and says with a smile "We should go to the ship, for a swim!" She laughs and shoots a 'glare' to Alk, adding "And you can walk the plank!" sarcastically, pushing the drained ale glass away and fanning herself. It was beginning to cool some... but she still seemed rather warm.

For she was indeed 5' 2", and 110 lbs with a full stomach... so puny, but far from frail.

William shifts his weight from foot to foot, and -- somehow-- is freed from his bindings made of Silken scarf. He shrugs, tossing Farai a look that seemed to show that he had practiced the skills of freeing himself from any form of imprisonment.

He pulls on his vest again, before offering to the others, "Well... are there any among you who would wish to see the 'Madyna tonight? The crew is ashore, and we'll practically have her to ourselves..." he says, buttoning up the fine lightweight linen vest. William helps up Rubisa, who is beginning to look a little drowsy in the sun. He grins, whispering to her, "Whatever will I do with you? Can't take you anywhere..."

So long as I'm numb and tingly, won't you be a dear and take me somewhere to nap? The thought streams through all their minds in her voice, as if she were speaking. She thinks this as she grins, leaning her head on his shoulder lazily, all but curling up in his strong arms

William glances around for a moment, but without making it obvious that he was looking to see what their reactions were. "We must away. Please, do not trouble yourselves... and I hope to enjoy your company tonight." he says, turning and heading toward the ship. "You will know the ship by the maidenhead" he calls over his shoulder, gesturing in the direction of the ship in the small port.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Iapto chuckled as her sister downed the glowing light. “That’ll play funny with your tummy.” She joked.

"Wasn't that a little... Extreme? And I was just considering having some water." Mel said, looking sadly at the now empty pitcher.

“Eh I’ll get you water later.” Alkyone shrugged.

"Well... are there any among you who would wish to see the 'Madyna tonight? The crew is ashore, and we'll practically have her to ourselves..." William said, pulling his clothes back on.

Iapto gave a relieved sigh, covering her eyes with one hand, she didn’t like the looks other people had been shooting their way. “I have the feeling it might be safer to wait for Rubisa to sober up...” She mused, not uncovering her eyes.

Alkyone made a ‘pssssh’ noise. “Where’s your sense of adventure?” She bugged.

“Where’s you sense of self preservation? I thought you hated humans.” Iapto retorted, hardly glancing up.

Alkyone glared for a moment before fluffing her fur up. “Sure I’ll come.” She said to William. “Mel? Farai?” She questioned looking over at them. Ignoring Iapto as she rolled her eyes, before grabbing her drink and necking it.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:41 pm

Rubisa looked over to Farai and gave her a pouty look, "I would've given you firsties on 'breaking' him." she said, joking. To which Farai simply shrugged, not bothering to actually retort. "We should go to the ship, for a swim!" She laughed and then looked at Alkyone, "And you can walk the plank!"

William asked, "Well... are there any among you who would wish to see the 'Madyna tonight? The crew is ashore, and we'll practically have her to ourselves..." before scooping up Rubisa and whispering something to her.

Iapto looked around their group, saying, “I have the feeling it might be safer to wait for Rubisa to sober up...”

Alk made a 'psssssssh' noise and asked, “Where’s your sense of adventure?”

“Where’s you sense of self preservation? I thought you hated humans.” Iapto retorted.

Alk glared and told William, “Sure I’ll come.” Then asking, “Mel? Farai?”

"Eh," Farai said, stretching and looking woefully at her empty glass, "Why not?" she said before nudging Mel, the shinlai having lost concentration enough that for the spheres to disappear.

"Eh... Sure." the shinlai said, standing and stretching, it'd be fun to swim around... "Alk, you don't hate hate all humans... do ya?" she asked the larger 'lai.
Back to top Go down
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 1:33 pm

William carries a dozing Rubisa back to the Lunae Madyna, being greeted by barks as he steps from the dock onto the ship. Gayle, the ship's mascot and the guard dog of the treasure room, bounded towards them, waking Rubisa, who slipped from William's arms to stand freely on the deck. She wanders off, patting the Weimaraner on the head, as his docked tail wagged incessantly. Once Rubisa went to her room, Gayle took the opportunity to leap up, standing up on his hind legs and stretching almost enough to lick William's face. William played with the lonely dog... and indeed, the ship was empty. Gayle and William wrestled and played with a knotted-rope ball, until Rubisa emerged, having lost the overcoat and wearing only her tube top, skirt, and having replaced her heavy, hot boots for simple shoes that she could kick off to go swimming...

There was very little opportunity to hide from the sun aboard the Madyna, and it got too hot for formal clothes fairly quickly.

William plays with Gayle still, throwing the rope-ball, watching it thud loudly on the deck and roll around as Gayle retrieved it. "What do you think of Farai, then?" He asks his sister-figure in private, valuing her opinion above anyone else's.

"She's a sweet girl." Rubisa says, adding "Smart and pretty, too... do anything to hurt this girl, and I might have to avenge her." Rubisa threateningly waved the crystalline form of the Diamond Dagger at her 'brother', and sitting on the railing of the main deck, feet dangling and swinging as she cuts up an apple and eats it. Rubisa watches for the oncoming friends, waiting in the sun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers AHOY   Newcomers AHOY - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Newcomers AHOY
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: Grab your masks, it's RP time :: The Library - Storyline Roleplay-
Jump to: