Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Selo looked at her, maybe she didn't believe her when she said it was a good start for a mask. She knew she wasn't mentally disabled, was she? She shrunk back a little. "But, I thought it was a great mask for your second one.. Honestly, I think Ahaloh could probably say likewise..?"
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:38 pm

"It's okay... she was probably just in a bad umm mood. I overslept. I came late. She was really really mad." Laila sniffled. "I know you thought it was good. And a real shinlai who wears a real not-model mask certainly knows more right?"

(short post, sorry)
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:28 am

He smiled as the human girl hugged into his fur even if only for a moment and gently placed a paw on her back. "Even so, no one has the right to be so disrespectful to their pupils. That is no way to teach someone, and in my honest opinion, even though your tools were rudimentary, I think it was a splendid attempt. If I didn't think this I would have not put my mask in your care...Now Why don't I go pay your master a visit and see if we can't get an apology to slip from her lips."
Back to top Go down
http://distortedgirl66.deviantart.com
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:03 am

"Um, would it help if I came too? " Selousi said, " I know she's strict and all, but I think standing up for Laila would be worth it." she said with the usual stutter.
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:31 pm

"Umm alright but be careful. She's really old and miserable so she might snap at you too," Laila warned. She pointed back in the direction she came from. "Master Twine's shop is that way. I'll come with you guys... I mean if she yells at you I'm not going to let her. I'm her student, not you two. There's no need to snap for you guys being kind."
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:35 pm

Ahaloh grinned "I am not afraid of some cranky old woman. If there is anyone anyone should fear its Master Ilo. He was charged with helping me sort out my element and kind of my mentor. He's the only one I quake in fear of." He began walking towards where the young girl pointed and waited for Selo to come to his side. "I am glad Selo you have found someone to stand up for." He smiled again this time not in deviousness but in almost a sense of pride.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 2:26 pm

She looked up at him and saw him smile then quickly looked away, she felt kind of funny. She had never really been treated kindly like this before. She was always just alone. When she met other shinlai they usually weren't as accepting of her or she would just run off because they were too rash or it was too crowded for her.

"Um.. right," Selo said, following Laila and Hallow. "Laila, I don't want her to yell at you either" She continued, this time without stuttering.
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:50 am

Laila stood before the door to Twine's shop and gulped. Her hand shook when she opened it. "M-master?" she stammered. A terrible sinking feeling stirred in her gut. She wrapped her arms around herself. "I umm I'm back."
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:00 am

Twine turned around, "I thought you left,Laila." Twine said, having not expecting her to come back. "Why are you jere again, I was just about to leave Laila."
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:17 am

"I umm I have someone- er two someones- who want to meet you master. They insisted," Laila replied. She remained in the doorway. If Twine became snappy she likely wouldn't move. She didn't want her new friends to get caught up too badly.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 1:04 pm

"Fine, make it quick. If you're hoping they can help you in your situation however you're completely wrong." twine crossed her arms and waited for her to move.
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 1:05 pm

She stepped back, out of the way of the door and closer to her friends of course. "They umm they insisted."
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:18 pm

Selo watched as the lady by the door had her mouth gaping open. Laila's instructor didn't look scary at all. She was skinny and elderly with brown and grey hair. "Um, so are you Laila's master?" She asked.

Twine was surprised to hear the shinlai speak. They were far bigger than expected, as she expected them to be the size of a horse. These two were bigger. "Yes, Er, my name is Twine. And Laila is my student."

Selo twisted her head a bit. Maybe Laila was exaggerating when she said her mentor was cruel. Or at least right now, Twine didn't seem all that harsh.
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:09 pm

Hallow was huge, a towering beast, the top of his shoulder stood at ten feet high. He was scarred slightly on his maskless face and was missing most of a horn and he looked down upon the older woman. He knew he was an intimidating sight so he took the time to make his voice as civil as possible. " I believe you owe my human friend here an apology. Nothing annoys me more than humans who treat others poorly and bring them to tears."
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 am

Twine looked at Hallow and at Selo. This was too much for her to take in at once. Two shinlai were sitting in front of her. They were speaking to her! "Ah but I never treat my children as a tyrant," she lied, "Perhaps Laila just took my criticism too harshly!"
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:46 am

Laila winced, feeling the sting from that. "But Master you said that only a 'mentally disabled shinlai' would like the mask I made. Does that not count as being harsh?"
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:03 am

Twine's face twisted as Laila said this. She was being exposed as a horrible mentor in front of two actual shinlai. And though nobody was out, Twine knew that this news would spread somehow. She glanced at the shinlai once again, the took the edge of the buildings door and slammed it. As if that would stop them. She locked the door and looked for a big enough window to jump through. In all of this, Selo was just confused.
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:46 pm

Ahaloh simply smiled "Well that answers that. You know Laila, if this woman is running away and you are the apprentice, that technically means this place is yours, I would suggest your first order of buisness is making a set of doors large enough for a shinlai to enter." He said this loud enough in hopes that the old woman would hear and return to argue the point.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Selousi stared the silent home, then heard a thud and a scuttle of feet. How weird. She abandoned her shop without a fight! She giggled a little. At least Laila had a place to work now. And maybe she and Hallow could help improve the building.
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:33 am

Hallow merely grinned when the elder didn't return and held his paw out creating a small bright white flame. Carefully he put it against the lock and handle of the door and melted it then pushed the door open with his other paw extinguishing the fire.

Secretly he hoped he was impressing Selo, he was average and she was amazing. They hadn't known each other long but he knew deep down he would give anything to protect her and make her happy. Something inside just said she was right.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:22 am

So he was a fire shinlai, like her brother was. But that didn't change anything. She hadn't known her bother long at all but she had a reason to dislike him. She watched as Ahaloh used his method of 'picking' a lock. It was still nice to see him helping Laila. Later, maybe she could show him what she could do too!
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:17 am

Laila flashed a grin, the first true smile she'd show. No nervousness or anything. "This is amazing!" She looked over the door with a frown. "It's definitely going to be made bigger. Maybe I can clear out some of her clutter too. Since I have a home I could make one room for work and one for customers to visit. That way if I make it Shinlai size you two can visit!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5