Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Laila frantically ran toward her master's shop. She was trying not to panic. After all panicking never helped anyone...but she just couldn't help it! She was late and she knew Twine was going to be angered by it. She considered bursting through the door but instead skidded to a stop in front of the door, knocked, and then opened it. She poked her head in. "Umm hi. I er I am sorry I'm late."
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:16 pm

Twine sneered with an enraged look in her eyes. "Reason. Now."
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:16 am

Ahaloh woke early in the morning and slipped out of the caverns. He was hungry and thought it would be nice if he could bring something back for Selo who he assumed still slept. He hunted around in the outlaying forest and filled the bag that had once contained his mask with wild berries and apples he found. He then ate some for himself and returned with his collection and sat it near the grass for when Selo woke up. In the meanwhile he inspected the caverns various gems and the flowers that seemed to happily grow in the dusk the cave created.
Back to top Go down
http://distortedgirl66.deviantart.com
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 8:36 am

She fidgeted a moment and shrank back. Her weight went onto one foot and the other knee went up. Her arms went around herself, one blocking her face. When she came out of it she kept her gaze down at the floor. The pit of her stomach felt like stone. She wasn't sure what to say so she responded with the truth.

"I'm sorry master... I umm I didn't get home until late last night. On the way back to the village I er....I met a real shinlai."
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 10:24 am

Twine guffawed when she finished speaking. "A SHINLAI?" Twine said grimacing, " Well at least you can tell a tale."

She snorted a laugh. "Did you bring materials today at least?
Selousi yawned and stretched out her front legs, but mid stretch, her claw nicked something and she opened her eyes, was it Ahaloh? No. Just a few fruits. He must have layer them out for her, how sweet of him! She turned her head around, trying to find him, the spotted him examining the cave, he surely must have been impressed. She was surprised.
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 10:28 am

"N-no! I'm not telling a tale I swear. I went to go home and ended up finding one. She umm she was really nice but she said my mask was too small," Laila said defensively. She held out a package in her arms, which was really just something bundled up in cloths, and nodded. "She and I er started a new one that would be more the right size so I brought that with me. I thought umm we could continue it and make it better. Does that work for materials?"

She pouted. "I would've had it done but umm another Shinlai showed up with a broken mask he wanted fixed. I didn't get the chance though because it was late. I had to sleep and umm that's why I woke up late."
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 10:41 am

"Hmpf, well if there is a shinlai with a broken mask, why not refer them to me rather than sending them to an amateur?" Twine retorted. Unless Laila were to have proof, Twine would never believe her. "So where did you meet these shinlai, and where's your proof.
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 10:43 am

"Woods. Umm not too far from here actually. I tried to tell Hallow- the second shinlai, er that's his name- that you were a master but he wanted me to do it. And umm he gave me some money which was way more than enough but he I left that home."

Laila ground the toe of her shoe into the floor nervously. "I'm sorry I umm I don't know what would work as proof but I swear I'm telling the truth."
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 10:54 am

"What about the shinlai?" Twine said almost enviously. "Why not bring me to them or them to me?"
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 1:08 pm

She shrugged. "Well umm I guess I could but I don't know if they'd want to. I promised I'd go to them after lessons today to help Hallow with his problem. If I show up any earlier they won't be expecting me and might be out looking for food or something. And umm Selousi is shy so she might not want to be near more people."
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 2:14 pm

Hallow heard the gentle movements and stirrings of Selo and turned to face her. "Good morning", he beamed. "I thought you might be hungry when you woke so I brought back some fruits. I wasn't sure what you like to eat but everyone likes berries and apples so I figured that was a safe bet."
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 11:39 pm

"Oh, good morning!" She stammered, "These were for me?" She said twisting her head to the side. "Thank you..!" She exclaimed somewhat happily yet nervously. She scooped up an apple near her mouth and took a bite, they were juicy and quite plump for apples as well. The berries were also very tasty looking. "Um, did you eat as well?"

__________________________--------

Twine twiddled her thumbs. She obviously was somewhat anticipating to see the shinlai that she might have met. She was also somewhat furious at the fact that Laila might be lying to her too. How could they ask a novice like Laila to make a mask for them. Had she really gotten that much better with the first shinlai? Perhaps she should ask to see the actual mask that she was making. "Laila, what about the mask you made with them? Perhaps I could take a look at that." She said, hoping it was a failure. If it was good however, she could scold her and say that it was bad so that she might lose hope in making the Shinlai's mask and that she could make it and build up a reputation. That way she could be much more famous in her community. She would try. Laila was easily breakable anyways.

(Maybe she's wrong. >;D Maybe Laila will quit her business and ditch Twine. Haw HAW!)
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:55 am

Hallow nodded "Yes I made sure to eat some before I brought you these. They are all for you." he grinned seemingly proud with himself for making her happy. Then padded somewhat closer to where she was and sat down to keep her company while she ate.
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:13 pm

Laila tried not to shake while she unwrapped it. The cloths fell away and she held up the mask she started last night with Selousi. It was rough due to using a rock to carve but it was full of potential and the start of something beautiful was there. Now that she could access the right tools she could definitely make it amazing.

"It's not much but umm Selousi said it was the right size for a young Shinlai, maybe a first mask. What do you think master?"
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:18 am

"Ahaloh?" Selo spoke, " When should we go to meet with Laila?" She asked, still eyeing the fruit. However, she wasn't sure that he ate either. "Would you like an apple anyways? I mean, after all, you were the one who got them. And I probably won't eat them all." She said, nudging one over to him.
____________________________________________-------

"Awful! Look at all the horrible scratches. If anything only a Shinlai that were mentally disabled would want this mask! Anything would be better than this!" Twine said harshly. She turned her back, "In fact, if you're going to make masks like this, you might as well leave!" She barked, with a smirk on her face. She would definitely have the shinlai come to her if Laila ran away in shame.

Last edited by Selousi on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:22 am

Laila stared blankly. It took a moment to sink in and then she was blinking back tears. "I...I'm sorry," she said softly. She wrapped up her mask in a hurry and turned tail, running from the shop into the woods. She kept having to rub away the tears from her face, sniffling. Soon enough she was back at the spot where she'd met Selousi the day before. The shinlai weren't due to meet her for a while so she plopped her butt down on a nearby rock and had a good cry. All the while she held the mask close to her chest. It didn't seem like such a failure to her. She'd worked hard...only to have Twine tell her it was the worst mask ever.

"What does she know?" Laila mumbled.
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 2:58 pm

"We can go whenever you wish, I am in no hurry, but I would like to see what she has to say about my mask today." He idly brushed his paws through his tail fur, smoothing out the wild edges.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:20 pm

"Oh, definitely!" Selo said, "I've actually been anticipating that." Selo continued swishing her tail happily.
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:59 am

Hallow walked next to her, just close enough that occasionally her swishing tail would brush against his. He was much larger than her, but didn't mind. She was fascinating. "So I hope you don't mind me asking, but how long have you been around here?
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Oh, I was born in this cave, But I tried other places before, tree canopies, huts of wool and straw, but they didn't really fit my idea of an ideal home so I came back and began to garden here. So I guess that might be about 27 years or so.." Where have you lived for your life?
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 4:22 pm

" I am a wanderer of sorts, where I lay my head at night is my temporary home. My brothers and I wandered together for a while, then the youngest decided to find his own path and I lost where the oldest went. "
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:45 am

Laila wiped her eyes and sniffled a bit. Her shoulders rose and fell in the last batch of silent sobs and then she stood. Her eyes burned and blinking didn't fix it. She looked around. Twine didn't want her back and Selousi and Hollow were nowhere to be seen. She'd have to wait for them... or try to find them.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 4:00 pm

"Oh gosh, do you miss them?" Selo said with sympathy. Following the path to the place where she met Laila, they were getting pretty close.
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 4:17 pm

"I do miss them, but I know in my heart they are ok...Just brotherly intuition. I am sure one day we will be back together again as well." He smiled and padded into the opening where Laila was about to go searching for them. He studied her facial expression and could tell something was wrong to which his fur bristled slightly. "Are you ok Laila?"
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:54 pm

She immediately threw her arms around him in a tight hug, burying her face in his fur for a little bit. Her body shook. Then suddenly she released him and rubbed her eyes. "My master...she umm said I wasn't any good. She told me to leave. That only a 'mentally disabled shinlai' would want my mask. You know the er the one I was making with Selousi? So I guess I'm not much of a mask maker after all."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)   Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Researching (closed rp for Selousi and Kaylex)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next