Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

The Hot Desert Sun

Go down 
+3
Mo
EaterOfNoobs
TheAlbinoBunny
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:14 am

Okay so I am starting a rp based in the desert but before I start writing the thing I want to give decription of the are so you can get a better idea of the place when joining I guess! (I hope deserts are in elashia)

Okay so this desert has moutains that block any chance of rain coming so it is really dry and hot like 100 degrees hot, sometimes 90, but at night it would be cool like most deserts are. The area consists of dunes, rocky terrians which will have like maybe a few caves around just for like protection from sandstorms maybe? Since there isn't much vegation don't expect highly shaded areas. Plus there are no clouds to block the heat so this may get hot. As for water let's hope a water shinlai comes, but it may not help as the water may evaporate fast lol. Okay this is all I got for discription for more on deserts here is wikipedia it helped me on this a bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert

Rules:
1. No heat stroke please.
2. Fighting is a yes.
3. Have fun that is all.
4. Also both shinlai and humans are welcome!
-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------

The sun was beating down on both Riya's and Roxas back as they trudged through the desert for what it seemed like hours, but in reality it had been only 15 minutes, and it was just midday and the heat seemed unbearable. Roxas had stopped riding on Riya's back as to not make her overheat. They had Hadi flying just overhead them, but from below it looked like she to was hot up in the sky.

Riya sighed turning to Roxas "So was it your idea to come out here or mine? I mean really what was the point coming to this blazing desert I don't even think we'll see others out here" she said deeping her sigh. Roxas then huffed "I believe it was you who said ""Oh Roxas let's do something differant today and explore a desert"" so here we are burning under the sun. he sorta growled back. "Well let's hope something exciting happens then since we are just walking around in the heat doing nothing now." Riya said trying to cheer him up. Then they walked on towards the dunes.

-------------------

Well I do hope you won't mind my back rp starting skills... LOL
Back to top Go down
http://Thealbinobunny.deviantart.com
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:21 am

Several loud pops and crackles echoed about while a large green beast stretched himself across the scortching slab of sandstone. The stone was propped against a small cave that he was currently living in, and was in the perfect position for sunning.
Flopping over on his opposite side, Taggering emitted a whiney, rumbly yawn as the brute's jaws splayed open. For a moment he considered taking off his mask, due to the massive amount of sweat building up under it, but decided to leave it on to help keep the blinding sunlight out of his face.

Just as the earth Shinlai was about to shift and snuggle into the warm sand, an unfamiliar scent graced his nares.
It was definitely a Shinlai, but... not just a Shinlai.
Could it be...
A human? He grimaced.

Taggerung released a low, throaty snarl as he spat at the ground before him. He hated most humans, except for Viva's little friend, but he disliked male humans more anyway.

Irritably he leapt from the sandstone slab in one great bound, onto a higher sitting rock for a better view. As he sat upon the great stone, a crafty grin etched itself onto his countenance and he began to rise higher and higher, the sand and earth beneath his rock churning together and thrusting towards the sky to make one huge pillar.
'Now, that's more like it...'
From that immense height, the Darkblood could spy two dark blobs on the horizon. But he couldnt tell if they were coming towards him or away from him due to the heat waves rolling off the dunes in the distance.
Back to top Go down
http://cloudlace.deviantart.com/
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:29 am

Jella is a moron. What human would trek through the desert without any kind of transport? And what human would do that on his own?

Zize's thoughts were going in circles on the rythm of her footsteps. Little clouds of dust formed and were blown away, formed and were blown away. It was hypnotic and Zize let her mind drift off. At least that made the heat a little less noticable. Or so she told herself. Her little brother had blabbed something about finding a camel that had ran of and had disappeared. Of course she hadn't thought much of it at first, and neither had her mom. Jella ran of quite often without explaining anything, but he usually didn't go too far from the oasis. He knew just as well as everyone that that wasn't wise. But it was past noon now, and he hadn't returned.

And who is being sent out to save him? Zize thought. Despite the long and layered cloth she wore she was sweating up fast. The wind was as hot as the sun, not bringing any relief. If her brother was lucky and hadn't yet been caught by the Desert Devil he might be cooked by the time she found him. Finally, she reached the top of the rocky slope she had been climbing. She looked back, the oasis was barely more then a mirage now but she knew this one was real. Just as Zize wanted to take a good look around, something caught her eye. Something rapidly growing. A huge pillar of rock shot out of the ground. She could just stare, not able to comprehend.
Back to top Go down
sandroving
Pack Member
sandroving

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:09 pm

The travelers were searching for water among the little shrubby trees on this hot day. Kayla was able to spot a small pool of water that was rapidly evaporating away. Both Kayla and her bear had taken a long drink out of the pool before Kayla filled up her bottles with the little remains of water left. "I think we should stay here in what little shade these trees offer us before crossing the desert. It would be best if we wait until evening when the sun is not as intense," she informed the white bear, "best get some rest now before the trek." Berra yawned in agreement, she dug out some dirt so it would be cooler where she lay.

Kayla did the same, digging out a little hollow where she could lay without the sand scorching her skin. She set her bag down and lay against it. The coolness of the ground below felt refreshing. Just as her eyes were falling asleep a large pillar of earth shot upwards. She could feel the slight rumble of the moving earth where she lay. She sighed as now she knew they were not alone and that she could not easily rest. The only things in the world that she knew could move that amount of earth were shinlai. Now peering at the creature that was on top of the pillar, it appeared to be searching for something. She did not move, nor awaken the bear, but simply lay there trying to half sleep and watch the creature to see its next move.
Back to top Go down
http://sandroving.deviantart.com/
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:22 pm

Typhoon plodded across the seemingly endless, hot sands. His beige and white fur and his slight manipulation of the unceasing wind made the heat at least a bit bearable, but, by Daila, didn't he wish he hadn't chosen the black mask. The sun was heating the black painted steel, and sweat was starting to drip from underneath it. "Of all places, I had to end up in a desert." He muttered irritabley.

A movment not far ahead caught his attention, and he paused, watching the spire of earth rise from the dunes. He spotted the Shinlai responsible standing at its top, looking in the opposite diretcion as though searching for something.

Ty made for the earth spire, company would be much welcome after the days of solitude in the hot desert.
Back to top Go down
http://sylveira.deviantart.com
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:46 pm

Taggerung shuddered atop his large outcrop of stone.
"Gross, look at them all. Scurrying around like little fleshy roaches," he contemptuously snorted.

Several different human scents now flooded his nostrils, and he turned with a disgusted huff, and gritted his jagged, yellowed canines as he forced a set of crooked stone stairs to rip forth from the side of his pillar in a spiral. Shards and of rock and clods of dirt fell to the ground in a heap of discombobulated shrapnel. Grinning like an idiot at his handiwork, the bulky male sauntered down the natural steps with ease.

But wait.
A different smell now graced the earthen one, and he paused a moment from his descent.
Another Shinlai?
Perhaps this place wasnt that much of a waste after all. Hmm.

Shrugging the thought off, he skipped the last few steps of his staircase and landed amoungst the sandy floor with a thunderous thump. Fluttering up into the air and gently being tossed by the wind, the sand flowed around Taggerung's dappled body before cascading to the dunes beneath him once again.
Chuckling, he strolled towards the Shinlai who appeared to be coming towards him anyway.
"Might as well."
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am

Zize was fully aware she probably looked like a moron, her mouth hanging wide open and her gaze fixed on the creature that was now descending the staircase. She knew what it was, or at least she thought she knew. The people of her village simply called them Beasts and they were not to be made mad. Or to befriend. Actually, Zize thought, every single one that had visited them had been killed, their fur sold for an enormous amount of money. That was for the better anyways, Beasts couldn't be trusted. Better to silently finish them in the night.

However, this particular beast had just created a massive tower of rock. The sight from up there must be pretty good, Zize thought, estimating the height. Maybe, maybe the beast had left and maybe she could climb up and maybe then she could see Jella. And maybe, a voice in the back of her head said, maybe you're just dead curious. She set of towards the tower.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:06 pm

The sand on which he plodded across singed the bottom of Taggerung's paws, but he didn't mind. He sure preferred it over blasted ice and snow, though...

When an odd shape caught the corner off his eye, the olive hued beast started to veer off in the opposite direction, away from the object. It was gazing wide-eyed in what appeared to be awe at his self-constructed tower of earth and sand, the chunky spiral staircase jutting out, quite sloppily, in fact.

Swiveling around on his heels to face the pillar again, he reared onto his hind legs and released a ferocious roar, flicking one of his front paws out before him and suddenly the earth began to shake. Tagger watched as he forced his spire to come crashing down into a crumpled, messy stone heap, spewing dust in every direction as well as a few shards of shattered stone bits.
He flashed a toothy grin at his admirer, but that quickly faded when he realized what she actually was.
An unamused Taggerung twisted his head around to look at the creature over his shoulder, face contorted into an alarming snarl.
A human.

"What do you want?" His voice bellowed out across the dunes, the curious little thing advancing towards him quickly across the desert. At least, he thought it was coming at him, he still couldn't tell because of the silvery heat waves, which of course by this time, he was not particularly fond of. Or maybe it wasn't there at all, maybe it was simply a mirage and the brute was going crazy from dehydration.
Back to top Go down
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:23 pm

A lethargic Viva suddenly wakes with a start, her rare eye set all snapping open at once. Her deep gold gaze scans the dark cave for her friend Taggerung, only to sigh heavily.
"Of course, he as to go running off without telling me!" She mutters to herself in a grumpy manner. Raising her strong back legs, and flinging her short tail upwards, Viva stretches out her front legs in a long and well needed stretch. How long had she been sleeping for? She wondered to herself as she bounded over the rock stairs and onto the harsh desert sand.

Her thickly insulated paws made it impossible for the sand to burn, however her messy fur weighed down on her body.

"ffffff it's hot!" She exclaimed. She hadn't been this hot in a while. She smiled, burying her large paws in the burning sand. One thing she always loved was dragging herself forward in sand, just as with grass. Oh the feeling!

Suddenly, the noise of grumbling earth brushed against her head. Rolling her eyes, she springs up, and waltzes forward.

"Now then!" She shouted, as chipper as she ever was," Let's go find Mr. Show off, make sure he isn't getting into any real trouble!"
Back to top Go down
http://holyfrap.deviantart.com/
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:39 am

Typhoon continued to pad towards the spire, as the Shinlai atop it seemed to catch sight of him. Rough stairs formed around the spire and it trotted down them, but stopped not far from it's base. Ty could see by it's posture it had spotted something, and turned his head in the direction it was gazing.

The silvery waves of heat made it difficult, but he could make out the form of a human walking towards the spire, with a sudden rumbling crash, the earth lai collapsed his handy work. Ty tillted his head as he observed the earth Lai as he continued to trot towards it.

It was close to him in size, with an earthy green, white and brown coat, and by it's posture, it didn't look pleased at the appearance of the human.

"What do you want?" the unfamiliar Shinlai bellowed across the sands at the small figure. Typhoon could hear a definite snarl in the males voice, and his fur bristled slightly.

"It's nice to see another living thing, other than sand lizards, out here." He said once he was close enough to be heard with out raising his voice.
Back to top Go down
http://sylveira.deviantart.com
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:21 am

"Fffff it's hot!"

A familiar, soft voice chortled behind him, and Taggerung locked eyes with his friend in the distance, who proceeded to wallow around in the sand like a cheery pup, kicking up clouds of sand as she propelled herself forward.
He smiled as they rolled their eyes in unison.

"Now then! Let's go find Mr. Show off, make sure he isn't getting into any real trouble!"
He turned around once more to start trotting towards her, calling out across yellowy dune.
"Here she comes to same the day," he teased, but rushed forward to meet her, while while his russet, tan and brown friend sprang forward and happily strolled up and out of the sand.

By this time, the exotic looking Shinlai had reached him and greeted Taggerung.

"It's nice to see another living thing, other than sand lizards, out here."

"Indeed it is," Came his quick reply as he nodded. He stopped and sat for a moment waiting for Viva to catch up, focusing on the slightly taller male that had spoken.
Back to top Go down
sandroving
Pack Member
sandroving

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:20 am

(my modem has died, I'll try to keep up while at friends places)

The earth had began to shake, by this time Berra was now awake, jumped to her feet and growling. The large shinlai that was on the spire made his creation collapse to the ground, dust flying everywhere. "What do you want?" he roared in the opposite direction of her. It looked like he was asking something that was on the other side of the spire, just after he brought it crashing to the ground. She picked her things up and started to walk towards the creature, curious as to what was going on.

Another shinlai emerged from the cave and joined him, sitting down beside the greenish shinlai which had called out. She was a beautiful brown and white shinlai, with massive antlers and very heavy looking fur. 'She looks hot,' Kayla thought to herself, 'if they will accept my presence I can offer to braid some of it off her body, that might help her stay a little cooler with this heat.'

As she approached she could see another shinlai walking up the hill towards the pair. "That must be who he was calling to," she talked to herself out loud, "I guess this desert isn't so isolated after all. It certainly is nice to see some life in this barren land. " They continued to walk towards the pair, slowing as they got close enough to be seen. She did not want to seem aggressive, after all, violence was not in her interest.
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:40 am

Roxas looked up as a shadow came down from the cliff, he saw the big shinlai standing up there not looking pleased. Turning around he saw two more shinlai had appeared. So he quickly turned to Riya 'saying "Well looks like we are not the only crazy beings out here in this desert! But I am gonna keep my distant if you don't mind Riya.

-----------------

Riya then looked toward the other three shinlai curious as to why they'd be out here. She then said "Now Roxas stop being such a lone wolf and get to know other shinlai and humans! You don't need just me and Hadi." then she trotted toward the three leaving Roxas behind. As she got closer she slowed down to not alarm them. Then she said to them "So what might you boys be doing out in this horrid heat?"

-----------------

Sighing as Riya ran Roxas slowly trudged behind whistling for Hadi to follow. Then whispering to himself "The things I get myself into."

((Sorry for the late late late post I was a bit busy and stuff never enough time to write this, and I got a little behind I can tell sorry if I have missed or messed up anything!! I also added lines between Roxas and Riya talking as not to confuse I hope!))
Back to top Go down
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:13 am

"Here she comes to save the day"

Viva laughed whole heartedly and she plopped herself down on her tan haunches, her bells chiming as she fell. Startled, she shook her head, only to find that only sand fell from her bells, with no sight of her little insect friends. She smiled to herself and took a fast glance at the cave, before following Tagg's gaze towards a couple of unknown Shinlai. She had seen a soft glow within the dark cave, and knew her little friends had been smart enough to stay inside, away from the heat.

Viva nudged Tagg's torso beside her, as he was much larger then her, and joked," Wow! It almost looks like you have friends, Tagg!" She paused for a reaction then continued," Who knew you could be SOO charismatic! Bringing in all these Lai!... and other little things..?"
Viv nodded towards a small human a tad cautiously. She knew Taggerung hated it when she associated herself with the little flesh bags; but she had once lived with hundreds of them, and missed their goofy little antics.

"So what might you boys be doing out in this horrid heat?"

Viva's thick fur fluffed up as she commented on her feminity under her breath. Her gold eyes glowed a bit in her anger.

She always had a short temper... *but never this bad* she thought to herself. She thought of opening her mouth to let her tongue roll out, cool her down a bit. She thought against it though, as she didn't want to look silly.

She was hot though; her heavy red and tan fur burned her back. She could feel her anger bowling up in her.
*Now now* she thought *no need for over reactions right now. Just be nice to Tagg's new friends.*
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:56 pm

He snorted scornfully, stomping a foot down slightly when he noticed all the creatures drawing nearer and nearer. The green beast bent over and whispered to Viva, "They're coming to us like flies on an open wound."
Taggerung definitely wasn't one for crowds, and especially when they consisted mainly of humans. More and more kept coming, and it made him edgy and irritable.
'I really need to get out off here. Or this is going to get out of hand; Though I mustn't upset Viva...'

He knew if things got hairy his partner would have his back, but the male didn't want to have to toss his weight around, not in this heat.
That would be even more dangerous.
And coupled with Tagg's narcolepsy, which could strike any moment, Viva would have to fend for herself. Inwardly Taggerung knew she'd have no trouble defending herself, but his natural overprotection of her kicked in.

And she'd have no place to drag him if he did have slip into a sleeping spell, apart from the cave which they were resting in, but one could easily be cornered in that situation. And if-

" Wow! It almost looks like you have friends, Tagg! Who knew you could be SOO charismatic! Bringing in all these Lai!... and other little things..?"
Viva's jovial voice broke his concentration, and he blinked and shook his head.

"Oh- uh, them? Friends? Hah. You wish," He chuckled, prodding her back.
"But you are correct. Look at them all," he paused mid sentence, face relaxing a bit when a certain red-eyed Shinlai cordially approached. At least he recognized one of them.
"Hello Riya."

With that he only sat next to Viva and took note of all the newcomers gathering about, watching them silently and letting Viva do all the talking instead. Though she and Tagg both had a temper, he hoped that her charm would make the strangers more at ease, and himself, too.
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:58 pm

The female next to Taggerung did not seem to like the approach of Riya, and she thought it was because maybe she was protective over him or maybe it was something else. She was about to ask the young female her name as Tagger spoke up.

"Hello Riya."

"Taggerung fancy seeing you out here in this desert.. It just doesn't seem like a place I would meet you again since the icy area." she spoke as she sat a small distance from him and the female. Turning to the female she said "Sorry I am Riya as Taggerung has just said, though he may know my name we have only truly met once and you would be?" she knew it might upset her that tagger knew her so she tried not to ignore her. Riya also sensed a few more humans around, but was paying more attention to the shinlai in the area plus Roxas.

----------------------------------------

Next to Riya now he leaned on her as she was sitting down. Hadi flew next to him and landed on his arm even though he was wanting to talk of his coat if he didn't have it on her claws would dig into his arm. "So you two know Riya here I assume? Oh I am Roxas by the way."
Back to top Go down
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:35 am

Viva snapped out of her thoughts once attention was directed towards her by the newly arrived Shinlai Tagg had greeted.

"Sorry I am Riya as Taggerung has just said, though he may know my name we have only truly met once and you would be?"

Despite the extreme heat, the young Lai managed a sincere smile,"My name is Viva." She paused clearing her dry throat. " It's a pleasure to meet a friend of Tagg's, however short a time. He seems to have very little... due to his er... joyful personality."

She placed a lot of emphasis on the word joyful, trying to gain a laugh from anyone really. The heat was putting her in a sour mood, and she hoped laughter could fix her. Only Daila knows how bull headed she could be during a full fledged rage quest. She chuckled to herself in her own memories, thinking of the Shinlai she had plowed to the ground in the past.

She always tried to be ever pleasant now, and yet...

"So you two know Riya here I assume? Oh I am Roxas by the way."

Viva's heard perked in the slightest as she caught attention of the human along side the new Shinlai. There was a large bird perched on the fleshy mammal's arm; and they all appeared to be companions.

"How cute you are!" Viv sighed, lowering her long muzzle sharply to get a better view of the human. Her large antlers shook as she did, bells chiming. "I used to have a human of my own.. long ago..."

She chuckled slightly sniffing the little thing, all her eyes squinting in unison. "Do you do that strange ritual of setting your kills on fire, like mine used to?" She smacked her lips together, and rumble gurgling far beneath her thick fur," I used to love ... er.. chicken?" She gazed at the bird," sort of like this thing... smaller... more defenceless!" She bared her sharp canines in jokingly menacing look.
Back to top Go down
sandroving
Pack Member
sandroving

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:29 pm

"Sorry I am Riya as Taggerung has just said, though he may know my name we have only truly met once and you would be?" Kayla overheard as she approached. "My name is Viva," the large thickly furred shinlai said, then pausing clearing her dry throat. "It's a pleasure to meet a friend of Tagg's, however short a time. He seems to have very little... due to his er... joyful personality."

"I used to love ... er.. chicken?" She gazed at the bird," sort of like this thing... smaller... more defenceless!" She bared her sharp canines in jokingly menacing look. Kayla couldn't resist, she simply had to laugh at that comment, it was just too funny, "hah good one! Chickens are tasty but not very smart thats for sure," she chuckled some more. "I am sorry, I should apologize. I don't think we have met yet, my name is Kayla and this is my polar bear Berra." She looked up at the thickly furred shinlai who said her name was Viva, she looked very hot. Hoping that this heat won't cause her to slip up or become snappy towards the new people and shinlai. "You have a beautiful thick coat," she smiled at Viva, "though you look very hot, I do not mean to be offensive, but would you like me to braid some of the heavier bits off of your body? It may help cool you down some," she offered with a smile while pulling out some red ribbons from her pocket and showed them to the shinlai with the ribbons sitting on her open palms.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:09 pm

"Taggerung fancy seeing you out here in this desert.. It just doesn't seem like a place I would meet you again since the icy area."

"Indeed, it IS quite the climate change, heh. A much better one, at that."

"It's a pleasure to meet a friend of Tagg's, however short a time. He seems to have very little... due to his er... joyful personality."

"It isn't me, it's them," the green beast retorted.
Folding his paws into his chest, he snorted and shrank closer to Viva when a human and it's bear grew closer. He eyed the pair with narrowed, electric green optics.
He was being selfish, but was too blind in his rage to care.

"Though you look very hot, I do not mean to be offensive, but would you like me to braid some of the heavier bits off of your body? It may help cool you down some,"
Taggerung flinched when the human dug around in it's pockets, but relaxed a bit when he realized it was simply a red ribbon that she retrieved.
He turned his head away and focused his attention to a distant dune, trying his best to look distracted, though the earthen one huffed very quietly under his breath, "Just watch it, child. Chickens aren't the only smaller, defenseless things..."
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:49 pm

"Awwww NO!" Zize cried out as the large pillar crumbled to dust. Of course the Beast had to ruin the oppurtunity! Well, he was up for a surprise, she thought as she walked down the dune, temporarily losing sight of it. I will tell him exactly what I think of this behaviour! Oh, maybe he'll feel so sorry that he'll help me find Jella! Somehow she had assumed that the Beast was a he and somehow she had pushed he mothers warnings out of her head: "Beasts are vicious, mean and sadistic creatures. Kill them before they kill you, because they will only do it for fun. Oh, and wear your robes when you go outside. They will not recognize you as a human."

Zize huffed at the memory. As if anyone went outside without them anway. Even a skin as dark as hers would burn to a crisp in no time there. You'd have to be at least equipped with fur... Oh, right, the Beast! She picked up her pace again, struggling over several low dunes before reaching the little valley where the Beast had been. For the second time that day, her jaw dropped. Had there been just one beast an hour ago, now there were at least four. Despite herself, Zize felt her heart drop and her legs shake in fear. So she did what she always did in those situations: Go into offensive mode. In a loud voice she called out, cutting through the conversation going on.

"Alright. Who made that tower?"
Back to top Go down
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:13 pm

Eyeing the shiny red ribbons in the humans hands, Viva's head turned sideways in a curious move. The small thing was right, perhaps the heat WAS getting to her? Standing on all fours, Viva blocked the sun out from the girl before her, her heavy antlers chiming with her movements. She opened her long muzzle, about to agree to the little one's invitation when suddenly, a simmering shape interrupted her from a little ways off.

Snapping her powerful jaws shut, Viva's sharp claws dug into the scolding sand. If there was ONE thing she REALLY hated... it was being interrupted!

The large red shinlais fur bristled above her shoulders, and a yellow glare pierced her eyes.

With a low grumbling growl that echoed within her barrel of a chest, Viva took one menacing step towards the minuscule being in the distance.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Attention suddenly snapping away from the human with the ribbons and to a tiny figure in the distance, Taggerung heard a faint voice:

He noticed his companion's heavy jaws lock into place, fangs bared menacingly as she took a daring step forth, claws curling forward dangerously.
Taggerung, naturally, leaped to her side, and they snarled instantaneously and he reared back his head. It was an obvious display of dominance, but the earth Shinlai was more animal than Shinlai anyway.
Dragging his blunt, jagged claws through the sand, he raised his shoulders and lowered his head in attempt to appear larger than he really was and took a step to match Viva.

They were quite a sinister pair, when they wanted to be.

Scoffing, he said, "I made the tower. Problem?"
He sent a secret glance to Viva, checking on how she was holding up. Not only had she been interrupted but the heat wasn't aiding her attitude.
And it wasn't aiding his either.
Back to top Go down
sandroving
Pack Member
sandroving

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Viva opened her long muzzle, appearing to make a decision about Kayla's offer when suddenly, a simmering shape interrupted her from a little ways off. She looked very upset about this thing interrupting her. Her fur bristled above her shoulders, and a yellow glare pierced her eyes. With a low grumbling growl that echoed within her chest, Viva took one menacing step towards her direction.

Kayla thought she was glaring and growling at her at first, taking a step back for her safety. She quickly realized that she was glaring at the human that was behind her and relaxed just a tad, but still tense with the situation. Her partner said menacingly, "I made the tower. Problem?" Snarling, dragging and curling his claws into the sand, his shoulders hunched and fur bristled, the large earth shinlai joined Viva's side, both staring down the newcomer. Kayla quickly backed to the side and out of the direct path of the shinlai and human.

"I'll take a reign check on that question," she quickly and quietly added while putting the ribbons back into her pocket and backing a little more.

She tried to distract herself by chatting with the other shinlai and humans who had joined the group before her. She turned to Riya and Roxas, "So what brings you here to the desert?" "I know not many like to travel these areas without a reason to travel here." She looked up at the bird on his arm, "He is a pretty looking bird, what kind is he?"
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:30 am

Despite herself, Zize was scared. Sure, she remembered everything her dad had thought her. When in a situation like this, don't ever show you're scared. Beasts could smell weakness. And never, ever run away. When they roar, don't stop, be brave. Roaring Beasts don't bite. All these things went through her head at that moment, but of course it was a little difference in real life.

One of the beasts stepped forward, obviously annoyed and beying all intimidating with the rack and the bristling fur. It was however the other beast that almost made her stop walking. Somehow this one looked a little less... Controlled? More savage? Yes yes, that it must be, Zize thought. These Beasts were even less civilized then the ones occasionally stopping by the oasis.

"I made the tower. Problem?"

"Actually, yes. Why de hell did you have to destroy it again?"
Back to top Go down
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 3:03 am

"Actually, yes. Why de hell did you have to destroy it again?"

A cruel laugh escaped Viva's maw. How cute, she thought to herself, eyeing the tiny flesh bag before her, It's acting brave!

Viva rose her long neck, showing her full size, towering over the puny human, and pressed forward, circling the girl.

"I would watch your slimy tongue, girl." Viva spat, her words booming across the dunes," Darkbloods do not tolerate beings of your insignificance when pressed."

Viva surprised even herself with her harsh words. She rarely mentioned her alliance, for fear of fight. However, at this heated moment, her anger drove her thoughts. Her stomach groaned; and right now... she was hungry. Having circled directly behind the human, Viva now blocked the girls backwards path, with Taggerung in front of her.

Sliding her long neck towards the small being, Viva brought her jaw right next to the side of the girls face, grinning wildly. Her canines glinted against the desert sun, as she opened her dry mouth. Slowly she took one long lick against the humans frail neck and cheek.

A laughed gurgled deep in her throat as she pulled away eyeing Tagg," oh... she'll be delicious..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hot Desert Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hot Desert Sun
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: The Pen and the Mask :: The Old Records-
Jump to: