Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

The Hot Desert Sun

Go down 
+3
Mo
EaterOfNoobs
TheAlbinoBunny
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 3:47 am

(Pfffffff........ you guys got really far ahead)
Typhoon had sat back, not really paying much attention to the conversation, but he was quickly snapped back to reality by the humans indignant shout."Alright. Who made that tower?"
He frowned, this 'Tagg' had a menacing aura about him, and the human was definately putting herself in a bad situation.
"I made the tower. Problem?"
"Actually, yes. Why de hell did you have to destroy it again?"

Ty stood back up, watching the antlered female warily, a she started to circle around the human, laughing cruely.
I would watch your slimy tongue, girl." The female spat," Darkbloods do not tolerate beings of your insignificance when pressed."

Ty's lip curled, "Darkbloods."he hissed. What common sense he had left deserted him as the famale laughed darkly, licking the human girl.
" oh... she'll be delicious..."
I'm probably going to regret this... With a deep snarl Ty lept at the female, shunting her away from the human and standing over the girl protectively, currants of air swirling around them...

"The only people I see for days, and it had to be Daila damned Darkbloods and a human with a death wish"

Back to top Go down
http://sylveira.deviantart.com
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:41 am

"Actually, yes. Why de hell did you have to destroy it again?"

Taggerung gave a mad roar of laughter, then spat, "I made it, I'll do what I want with it."

An aggitated growl rippled up from the light Shinlai's throat, and she gave a sharp warning to the little human.
But then he noticed Viva leaned in and taste the young human's flesh.

Tag considered holding her back, but when suddenly she was shoved away from the human, he reacted on instinct;
He then gave a simple, stern, loud, "NO."
A thin wall of rock suddenly burst and raised from the sand, separating Tag and Viva from Typhoon and Zize. It was light enough to knock over onto them, if needed, but it was too thin to do any real damage.
To the large Shinlai, at least.
Taggerung protectively stepped in front of Viva, looking back at her and focusing on her eyes, noting the air unnaturally peeling and swiveling around the them all.

"The only people I see for days, and it had to be Daila damned Darkbloods and a human with a death wish."

Oh. So there where Dailans about, or just followers perhaps?
Taggerung grinned.

"Well, Viva, this is going to be fun!"
He fell back into place beside her, gritting his uneven teeth against each other. He began to feel the rock and soil underneath them churn and contort as he made himself comfortable with working with desert terrain; the male could sense it, he could control it, he could be it.
But he mustn't be too hasty.
Back to top Go down
http://cloudlace.deviantart.com/
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:59 am

"I would watch your slimy tongue, girl. Darkbloods do not tolerate beings of your insignificance when pressed."

Darkbloods? What the hell was the Beast talking about? And why weren't they backing off already. This was supposed to work! Zize was completely soaked because of the hot sun, but when the Beast advanced towards her she went ice cold. Her breath shallowed and only came in short bursts now. Her heartbeat spiked. Suddenly she knew this hadn't been a wise approach at all. These Beasts were one: far bigger. Two: far stronger and three: not too fond of humans it would seem.

The female Beast circled around her on strong legs, in everything a hunter. And she was just a fragile human. Curse Jella for running of, curse myself for being such a moron, Zize thought. She felt the heavy breath of the Beast moving the layers of cloth around her body as it brought it's head very, very close. A choked sound came out of Zize's throat and her legs felt wobbly. She couldn't move when the Beast licked her face. Somehow she thought it wasn't meant as a friendly gesture. Her headdress became completely soaked with saliva. Disgusting.

" Oh... She'll be delicious..."

What?! Zize snapped her head to the side, now facing the Beast head on. Hell, it was even more frightening up close. Before she could do anything else, the third Beast leaped over to her. Oh hell hell hell now they're gonna fight over who get's the juicy parts or something... Zize let herself drop to the ground and curled into a ball, waiting for the sharp teeth to come. Which they didn't do. When she peeked again, the Beast was standing over her. Protecting her?

"The only people I see for days, and it had to be Daila damned Darkbloods and a human with a death wish"

Daila? Darkbloods again? "What the hell is going on here!"
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:00 pm

" It's a pleasure to meet a friend of Tagg's, however short a time. He seems to have very little... due to his er... joyful personality."

"At least he has you then?" she said as she smiled at Viva. "Indeed, it IS quite the climate change, heh. A much better one, at that." Turning back to Tag she frowned. "Well cold weather doesn't seem to please but only the fluffiest of shinlai." After that the tension seemed to rise as more humans came about both Viva and Taggerung were getting agitated. As the air shinlai ran towards the other humans side Riya went and stood next to him as well because she would rather the human be safe over her.

," oh... she'll be delicious..."

"You really want to eat this poor innocent scrawny girl? I mean doesn't that fat lizard over there look oh so more scrumptious." she said sarcastically.

---------------------------------------

As Riya troted of Roxas ran off saying to Viva "Sorry I'll get back to you later"
Back to top Go down
http://Thealbinobunny.deviantart.com
Jeep-the-dragon
Friend of Silas
Jeep-the-dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:22 pm

far off away from every one, Eldon starts crossing the desert. The heat is really getting to him as the sun just beats down on him. "Boy its hot. Sometimes I with I was a water shinlai like Siren, I can keep myself cool." He chuckled and starts to look around. "I wounder where I can find an oasis. There has to be one somewhere." Eldon starts walking again. As he travels, he start hearing things not to far from him. He looks and see some Shinlai not to far from him. 'Finally I'm not alone!' He thought. He starts walking in the direction where the Shinlai are at. "HAY!" He called at the group.

((this all I can think of. sorry XD I will add more later))
Back to top Go down
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:36 pm

"You really want to eat this poor innocent scrawny girl? I mean doesn't that fat lizard over there look oh so more scrumptious."

Viva was about to laugh at the sarcasism in that setence, when suddenly the tan shinlai hissed and jumped towards the human in a flurry of movement.

Being too close the small human to fully dodge the air shinlai, Viva was blown back by the gust of wind that he created. Luckily, Taggerung was just as quick as this Daila lover, as a booming "NO. echoed from Tagg's throat. A wall of rock immediatly shot up between her and the human.

Rolling over, Viva's fur felt heavy with sand. She shook herself, much like a common dog, and bared her teeth in frustration. Tagg appeared beside her then giving her an attentive look.

"I'm fine, I'm fine..." she huffed in his direction. However she knew she wasn't fine at all. She was getting cranky all things considered, and she wasn't pleasant when she got cranky. Tagg's muscles rippled underneath his earthy coat, as Viv felt the sand shift around her. She smiled. How she loved having an Earth Shinlai by her side!

"Well, Viva, this is going to be fun!"

Her jaw ripped into a toothy smirk," Oh yes," she jeered as the thick fur on her back stood up in spiky tufts. As she answered her head rose, and her eyes glazed over. With so much light around her... she had a few tricks up her sleeves.

((WOO, Page three bicthessss ♥ ))
Back to top Go down
http://holyfrap.deviantart.com/
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Typhoon eyed the orange female warily a she trotted towards him, "You really want to eat this poor innocent scrawny girl? I mean doesn't that fat lizard over there look oh so more scrumptious." She said sarcasticly, and Ty let out a silent sigh of relief when she stood beside him, facing Tagg and the antlered female behind the wall of earth.
"What the hell is going on here!"
He eyed the human, "You did an incredably foolish thing, that's what. Don't you know that not all Shinlai are friendly to humans?"
A roguish grin spread over his jaw "I'm Typhoon Aradalii." He said, both to the human and the orange female.

"Well, Viva, this is going to be fun!" "Oh yes,"
A rumbling growl started in Ty's chest. And the air whipped more violently, what he wouldn't give to have his twin here...
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:07 am

Tagg could hear muffled voices on the other side of the wall, and could make out a few words, but not all.
He shrugged.

And the air grew thinner and lashed about more violently, and he figured that the tan-and-blue male was an air Shinlai; he thought he might have introduced himself as Typhoon, but he wasnt sure.
"Viva. I believe we have an air Shinlai on our hands," he paused, shuffling closer to her and keepiung his head low. "As for Riya, I have no idea. Either way, try to steer clear of her; you know i'm not the best at, uh. 'Friend making'. But still. We may need a Dailan ally in the future."

Taggerung cocked his head tho show a toothy grin at Viva.
"Well, if it's a fight they want, we shall give them one, yes?" Despite his statement, Tagg couldn't shake the feeling that he probably was asking for a scuffle just as much as they.
But this feeling was welcome to him.

Taggerung reared his head and loosened his jaw, then turned his head away, all in one quick movement, though his eyes were still glued to the stone wall. It began to shrink back down into the earth, crumbling at the top and sinking before it became nothingness once more.

In it's place, two large stone pillars, not unlike the one Taggerung had produced before, rippled just below the surface of the sand and fell into place: one next to Viva, one next to Taggerung. They erupted from the ground, sand pouring off of them and revealing themselves: earthen collums.
These pillars were smaller, standing about the height of Tagg and Viva, more slender, and much, much sharper.
Taggerung's signature playthings.

He shot Viva a curious smile, "Shall the games begin?"

Last edited by EaterOfNoobs on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I suck at writing xD)
Back to top Go down
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Viva felt a familiar softness around her thick fur. She let out a rough sigh, shivering along with the feeling. There was just something about using the light around that felt... right. She could feel the bright light around her drawing close to her, as she pulled it out from around her and the others.

"Viva. I believe we have an air Shinlai on our hands."

Eyes glazed over, Viva nodded her smiled widening. "I've never fought an air Shinlai before," she battered joyfully. Tag lowered his muscular jaw down to her level whispering,

"As for Riya, I have no idea. Either way, try to steer clear of her; you know i'm not the best at, uh. 'Friend making'. But still. We may need a Dailan ally in the future."

Her smile fading slightly, she nodded. Taggerung cocked his head to the side grinning gleefully,
"Well, if it's a fight they want, we shall give them one, yes?"

Just then, the energy of the light around her body sparked lightly and she turned her empty gaze towards her friend," You better believe it!" Her body bowed forward playfully, claws folding around the dirt. Though he stance was playful, anyone who could see the manic grin on her face would know that peaceful playing was not something she had in mind now.

Suddenly, pillars shot up beside Tagg and herself. Concentrating so hard on storing excess amounts of her own element, she barely noticed. Anything resounding them she always placed full trust on the strong shoulders of her companion. For he controlled the ground, and she everything above it. She snarled in a short chuckle. Most shinlai would be wise to run, rather then fight a Light Shinlai in the middle of the day. Let alone in one of the brightest places on this Earth.

Viva watched the sun reflect off the sand, creating waves of mirages more blinding light. This light reflected far off, then slowly she noticed the resounding area getting darker. All around her, Tagg and the others, the light was beginning the disappear as she drew it around and into herself. Her fur crackled with electricity and glowed a radiant white.

"Shall the games begin?"

She barked laughter in response to Tagg," Let's Play!"
Back to top Go down
http://holyfrap.deviantart.com/
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:57 am

Alright Zize. No need to panick. Just... Just stay calm. But she wasn't calm. Her blood was ringing in her ears, making it impossible to understand what everyone was saying. Somehow, it didn't look like they were going to have a friendly game of hide and seek.

She jumped as the earthen wall crumbled, a choked sound all she could produce. Before her stood two obviously mad Beasts, no, crazy! They were going to attack! Her vision was blacking out... Or was it...? The female beast seemed to be drawing all the light towards her, making the world go darker.

Oh hell hell hell they are going to kill us. And then they'll go to the village and kill everyone! Oh hell hell hell! Jella! I can't let Jella be hurt as well! I need to... Need to distract them, yes, distract them... Her thoughts were jumbled and irrational because of panick, but distracting them seemed like a very good idea. Besides, she was a moron, right? Morons do stupid things.

Zize did a step forwards and flinched. It seemed however that no-one had hit her yet. She did a few more steps and then ran forward until she was somewhere between the two groups of beast. "..." No sound came. She cleared her throat. Tried again. "I-I... Would it help if I told you I'm sorry?"
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 8:13 am

"I'm Typhoon Aradalii."
"Okay Typhoon I suggest either putting that human on your back or taking her away because this could get dicey." Looking at Tagger and Viva things were changing pillars rising from the ground and even summoning some light, and she could play at this game as a smile slowly crept on her face. Turning to Roxas she said "Jump on." then prepared to summon some lighting if it were needed.

"So Typhoon ever fought a earth and light shinlai together? I am not really quite sure what to expect from the two of them. Do you think you could bring in some storm clouds though?" she knew he was a air shinlai, but wasn't fully aware of his control over it.

---------------

Roxas responded to Riya quick jumping over her back and holding on tight, then he reached into his coat bringing out a short blade incase he would need it.
Back to top Go down
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 8:37 am

"Okay Typhoon I suggest either putting that human on your back or taking her away because this could get dicey." Typhoon was about to agree, watching as the wall of earth collapsed and pillars rose beside Tagg and Viva, when the human girl suddenly uncurled from beneath him and started walking towards the darkbloods.

He darted forward as she stuttered, "I-I... Would it help if I told you I'm sorry?". With an impatiant huff, he picked her up by the back of her clothes, turning and dropping her on his shoulders in one movement. "So Typhoon ever fought a earth and light shinlai together? I am not really quite sure what to expect from the two of them. Do you think you could bring in some storm clouds though?"
Ty chuckled, "I've faught earth shinlai before.... but I've yet to get into a brawl with a light wielder... As for storm clouds, no... but" A grin spread over his jaw, and he looked back at the girl, "You might want to hold on, it's going to get a little bit windy."

The velocity of the wind increased, as he sent air around them rotating in opposite directions, creating a whirling wall that seperated himself, Riya and the humans from Tagg and Viva. "I won't be able to keep this up for long.... so you might want to come up with a plan fast."
Back to top Go down
EaterOfNoobs
Friend of Silas
EaterOfNoobs

PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:46 am

"I-I... Would it help if I told you I'm sorry?"
Taggerung huffed and looked at Viva; the word were only words to him, but they might mean something to her.

Without time to respond to the human's question, the wind began howling past them in every direction, and picked up the sand as it dangerously whirled about. Taggerung snarled disdainfully, the yellowy grains singeing his eyes as they collided into his mask. Flecks of paint chipped off his mask joined the mad spinning of the torrent of air that surrounded.

Partially blinded, he caterwauled noisily, rearing his head again before stomping his front paws into the scorching sand. Then all four of his broad, flat paws slid into the sand, and he securely latched to the ground, and strengthened his stance.

Instantly the two sharp pillars that were next to he and Viva dove back into the ground, making an ominous rumbling noise.
They split open the earth above them and shot into the windy air like two bulky, lethal bullets, right next to Typhoon and the human that was riding him.
Landed a distance off, sharp-ends down, and then began burrowing into the ground again. The earth continued to tremble.

Once again Taggerung shot a worried look at Viva, giving her a slight nod and wink. Her fur was glistening with an electric white, and a sharp hissing and crackling radiated from her body with every move she made. Her eyes sparked with a brilliant glowing yellow; They were fierce, savage and beautiful.
She knows what to do.

Back to top Go down
sandroving
Pack Member
sandroving

PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:58 am

Watching these two sides exchange threatening words, Kayla did not want to get involved. She simply stared at the human, a little dumbfounded by her threatening words towards the shinlai. She was much smaller than them, doesn't have much more than a dagger to fight that she could see anyways, and especially because she was outnumbered. Kayla still didn't fully understand the difference between the two sides, Darkblood and Daila, but she did know to not get in the way if two shinlai from the opposing sides met. She often found that shinlai feel offended when she asks them if they could explain, or ask them any questions regarding the two factions, she feels its best not to ask. Perhaps some day she will fully understand it all.

The sand began twisting and wiggling by the earth shinlai's feet, she didn't quite notice this, but what really broke her train of thoughts were the quick rock walls he produced, shaking the ground a little. Snapping back to attention, now she saw both groups on the other sides of the wall. The light tan shinlai was producing massive waves of air, grabbed the human and ran as fast as he could as well as using the air to push him faster. The two shinlai had a stunned look on their face, but only momentarily. It was just then she noticed that the desert had suddenly gotten dimmer and eventually it appeared as night. She knew that can't be good, looking over at Viva's sparking body. 'I really should go help the girl, seeing as we both are human here,' she thought to herself, 'even though she did walk right into that one.' She started to walk in their direction, glancing at the two shinlai. 'There is no way I can catch up to them now, but I don't think talking to these guys would be smart right now either.' She puzzled her next move, she decided to walk towards them even though she can't keep up, maybe there is something she could do later on.
Back to top Go down
http://sandroving.deviantart.com/
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:02 am

"I've faught earth shinlai before.... but I've yet to get into a brawl with a light wielder... As for storm clouds, no... but" A grin spread over his jaw, and he looked back at the girl, "You might want to hold on, it's going to get a little bit windy."

"Well I am sure it will not be too big a deal if you can keep some small wind tricks up." she said as the human went ont Ty's back. Then she felt the burst of wind blow between her and the other two shinlai.

"I won't be able to keep this up for long.... so you might want to come up with a plan fast."

"As for a plan how do you think they will feel about dry lighting? Or might that be a bit harsh?" she said as the wind kept blowing.

-------------------------

Roxas on Riya's back listened as she spoke aloud to Typoon. "As for a plan how do you think they will feel about dry lighting? Or might that be a bit harsh?"

"I think that lighting should be the last resort maybe just some good ole' shinlai fighting with claws before that?" he said unsure of what to really do.

(( yeah sorry I meant to post like MONDAY!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hot Desert Sun   The Hot Desert Sun - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hot Desert Sun
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: The Pen and the Mask :: The Old Records-
Jump to: