Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Hunting in the Vernon Alpine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Hunting in the Vernon Alpine Empty
PostSubject: Hunting in the Vernon Alpine   Hunting in the Vernon Alpine EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:45 pm

"Going hunting alone in the Vernon alpine is a stupid idea." Jagter moaned to himself "But but he bragging rights its so well worth the bragging rights." He grinned at the thought of himself being very popular amongst his guild. "I will be the the talk of the town..." his grinned slowly turned into a frown "That only if survive and kill a bear, which would be easier if there were more food there's barely any game here." Jagter had just finished eating the the small and scrawny fish he managed to corner he could couldn't but couldn't fish "Well I better catch a bear soon." Jagter put the fire out gather his belonging an set off looking for tracks and and other tells of bears...

(P.S think this place has a limited food sources its cold and larger animals are hard to find so plan accordingly)
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Vernon Alpine   Hunting in the Vernon Alpine EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:30 pm

Selousi had promised Jagter that she was going to accompany him but she had a harder time of finding transport than him. She glanced around a bit. Snow and rocks. Lovely. she spotted two figures up ahead through the snow. One was Jagter. The other was a massive alpine bear. He was in trouble.

She ran forwards in fear of his being, calling his name to tell him of the coming bear. "Jagter! Jagter behind you!"
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Vernon Alpine   Hunting in the Vernon Alpine EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:39 pm

(wow you really jump into action fast I expected a little calm before storm but I like this action right away)

"Jagter! Jagter behind you!" Jagter turned first to identify the voice only to see a large bear "Just my luck not track of a bear and one just ambushes me?"
Jagter dropped his belongings and pull his sword and shield out and position himself in a sturdy stance he turned his head to see Selousi the shinlai make good on it's word. Jagter turned his head to face the bear "Come on all I need is a strike in the neck" though Jagter technique of his guild hunters where strange the proved highly effective. Jagter brought up is shield and slowly advance toward the bear waiting for an opening. Jagter turned to see how far the shinlai was she quite far away. "Damn this bear is big if..." " I can just strike it's neck I won't have a problem." Though Jagter was kinda scared he know if he panic he'd be killed.
The bear began to walk toward him as the large beast approached him he tried to position himself to strike the neck he know would be easy the hard part was survive the onslaught of fury by an angry dying bear. Moving fast he struck the bear under the jaw barely missing the neck. bear yelped in pain which was quickly followed up by a paw swipe. Jagter block the hit but still staggered back from the powerful blow just as he recovered the bear began to rear up he side step and stole a slash at it's back leg "Good that should stop it mobility where's that shinlai at?"
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Vernon Alpine   Hunting in the Vernon Alpine EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:16 am

Selousi sprinted over, she couldn't bring up any vines or plants to aid her. She snarled a bit at the bear to drag it's attention away from the much vulnerable Jagter and snapped at it. It gave a roar back and staggered sideways out if fear. Selousi was far bigger than it. The bear stood up, trying to intimidate her. She reared up a bit and stomped down in front of it, only to twirl around and whack it with her heavy tail. She kicked back at it, hitting it with a foot in the nose.
Angered, it swiped back at her, nicking her neck. She swiped at it with her claws unsheathed and bore her teeth. If this bear hit at her throat, she could bleed to death. An earth shinlai had no way of healing. And Jagter obviously wanted it's pelt. She figured she would help him. He couldn't take the bear alone.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Vernon Alpine   Hunting in the Vernon Alpine EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 7:46 am

Jagter know if he hurt the bear it would enrage it even if mortally wounded the bear it would still lash out and seriously hurt somebody even though Jagter figured they had the upper hand he did want to get seriously injured. Jagter thought "If I could kill it quickly it would pose minimal threat to both Selousi and my live."
Then it occur to him that he a relatively quick acting paralyzing poison though just in his bag for his crossbow bolts Jagter saw that the bear had most of its attention on Selousi "I'd better do this fast." Jagter ran for the bag and pulled out a crossbow and coated a few bolts with poison. He then got up turned around and loaded a bolt and shouted "Selousi stand clear." Jagter know he was a good shot but did want to risk shooting her with bolt especially a POISON arrow Jagter waited for Selousi to clear a distance away before firing...
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Vernon Alpine   Hunting in the Vernon Alpine EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 9:13 am

Selousi didn't hear him over a roar of the bear. She bore her teeth but this time she lunged and bit into the back of the bears neck, it hollered in pain and swiped at her again, hitting her chest. She jumped back and lowered herself nearer to the ground. Getting clawed by a bear was painful. She winced but walked it off, taking small steps back.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Vernon Alpine   Hunting in the Vernon Alpine EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:27 pm

Selousi taking a few steps back was all the space he need seizing the moment Jagter shot 2 bolts in the side of the bear and managed to get a shot in the neck.
"Now here's the hardest part." just and he thought the bear began to fly into a rage it turned toward him and began to charge "This is my cue to get hell out of here."he turned and ran toward a the forest he looked over his shoulder to see the poison was taking effect on the bear. "I'll need to prepare for.." Jagter's thought was cut short by a loud thud he turned to see the bear had collapsed "Great just as I getting tried I thought I might have climb a tree." Jagter began move in to make the kill he walked toward sword drawn and thrust the sword into the back of the bear's head. "This was quite the experince dear bear how you scared me so." he chuckled and fell to his knees tired and fatigued...
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Vernon Alpine   Hunting in the Vernon Alpine EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Selousi noticed Jagter was on a dirt spot. From under the bear she brought up some bush twigs and brush to suspend the bear. Hopefully then Jagter could take spoils from the bear after that. She dearly wanted the skull or other bones to keep humans away from her cave back home. She desperately hoped that there were no humans there now. She shivered at the thought. She looked at Jagter and sighed. She supposed it wouldn't be too horrible if Jagter was told about the place.
"Jagter? I might need a couple of bones from the bear. Unles you're going to stuff it.. Or keep the bones for yourself."
She said trying to hint at her need.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Vernon Alpine   Hunting in the Vernon Alpine EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 3:59 pm

"I dearly thank you I might of died if you hadn't intervened." he said with a huff "It's safe to eat the meat if you want it I just need the pelt you can help yourself to the rest." Jagter stood up and began to looking for his bag "I have a skinning knife, although I might need help turning the bear over." When Jagter found his bag
he started toward the body of the bear "After I skin and carve the bear we should move quickly down wind to avoid predators." Jagter knelt down and began to carve bear's carcass
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Vernon Alpine   Hunting in the Vernon Alpine EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:04 am

With the brush, Selousi flipped the bear easily. She Watched as Jagter went over to carve the bear. She twisted her face in disgust the turned away. He was talking while skinning it though, "after I skin and carve the bear we should move quickly downwind to avoid predators."
She agreed immensely; it would be better for him to do so anyways. Possibly her because of her wounds. Out of her woven bag, she grabbed a cloth tie.
"Jagter..? Would you mind wrapping this around my wounds?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Vernon Alpine   Hunting in the Vernon Alpine EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:32 pm

"Jagter..? Would you mind wrapping this around my wounds?" Jagter turned to see Selousi had sustained a minor wound "Sure thing." Jagter wiped the blood off his hand on his pants he ten took the bandages and began to dress the wound he wrapped only few layers "Thought the wound is only minor they'll still need to be clean and cared for." when he was done applying the bandages on Selousi he made haste to remove the pelt "Okay the rest is all your's but when your finished we need to wash off the blood scent." he said as he wrapped the bear's skin in a bag for quick transport "Then after I need to set up camp your welcome to join if you want." "And I'd advise you'd stay on the road is safer it's harder to be ambused." Jagter sat down and rested clearly tired from the bear's ambush "When I show my guild mens this I will be the top hunter of the town for sure." he smiled as he thought about want he accomplished
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Vernon Alpine   Hunting in the Vernon Alpine EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 9:47 am

From the rest of the carcass Selousi picked out the skull, a few ribs and spine pieces. She placed them in her woven bag after licking the bottom clean. Even if she did hate the taste of blood alone. She turned to Jagter and nodded. She was ready to go.
"So about this blood scent. We should probably find a source of water," she said looking down at the snow. She got down and rolled around making shinlai snow angels. By the time she got up. Her fur was covered in snow and matted up. "Well that takes care of it." she smirked, shaking the snow off.

"Where do we set up camp?
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Vernon Alpine   Hunting in the Vernon Alpine EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:26 pm

"I wish it was that easy for me." Jagter mumbled. Jagter then got up and surveyed the area for a landmark "I saw a stream maybe a few miles ago I'll setup camp there." he then looked at the bear corpse "I thought you'd would have taken more of the bear." "I suppose we could comeback for it later if you want."He paused "Oh and I'll setup near three large boulders near the stream there not hard to miss." Jagter then turned and headed toward the direction of the stream when he got out of sight Selousi he quickly changed his bloodied pant for a clean pair of pants. "At least the blood didn't soak through into the padding." He then promptly folded the bloodied pants and stuff them into the bag "First rule of hunting bring a change of clothes."Jagter continued walking for until he reach the three boulders "It's not ideal spot but it will work."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Vernon Alpine   Hunting in the Vernon Alpine Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunting in the Vernon Alpine
Page 1 of 1