Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) Empty
PostSubject: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:34 pm

I will be using my Air female, Tornado, and my Earth male, Aborox in this roleplay. You may join freely with any characters you want to use, just be kind to the other roleplayers!)

It was the crack of the morning. The dew made the grass on the forest floor damp, and the air so crisp you could hear everything that moved for miles. Few birds chirped this early, and the sun had just begun to fill the wooded land with light. Two shinlai from a nearby village wandered quietly along a path, heads bowed low and careful footsteps made them look as if they where gliding over the surface of the ground. The blue female up front, Tornado, was in charge of locating and chasing down the targets, while the larger red and white male behind her, Aborox, was there to do the heavy hauling back to home.

It was not an uncommon thing to run into humans, or even other Shinlai, as they both knew, however, when such events did occur, the two would most likely go home empty handed. So, to avoid this dilemma, they had trekked out of the village just before dawn, to get the hunting over early, and be done with it. Trouble now was finding some form of prey, and it didn't look like there was much out where they where now. The only real suspect of this would be if there was another Shinlai lurking about nearby. It was a fear to both Tornado, and Aborox... because should there be another Shinlai about- they would not know who or what to expect.

"There doesn't seem to be much here." Tornado whispered behind her to Aborox, who caught up to where she stood and looked around.

"Then I assume you heard those sounds too, just a minute ago?" He said, his voice a whisper, but booming with power none the less. His amber colored eyes squinted and scanned the forest floor, looking for the source of the sounds, though to no avail.

"I think we should just keep going and try another area." Tornado said quietly. She too was looking for the source of the sound, though she could not see anything. Only but a few moments later, she picked up on the sound of footsteps in the grass, and breathing. There was something nearby.
Back to top Go down
http://decepticonprius.deviantart.com/
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:12 am

VipSora was new to this placed and was surprised by how alive it was. Her paws were use to the constant scrap of bricked roads of Waterfall City so the grass felt wonderful and tickled to boot. She stumbled some here and there at some unexpect holes. Looking up for a moment she saw to large shinlai out hunting. She thought it would be best to leave them alone. Turning around she stepped in another unexpect hole and landed ungracefully on her face. Her tail was in the air for a moment and her front limbs were under her. Some how her back end managed to keep itself in a somewhat in a standing position.

"By Daila I must look like a complete idiot." She thought to herself as her back end decided to join the rest of her .
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:36 am

At the instant of the next loud thump, both Tornado and Aborox jolted and where now facing the direction of the sound, and a dead giveaway to what and who was making all of the racket, and scaring off all of the game. Neither of them had ever seen this Shinlai before, so caution was key- especially since they didn't know if the other 'Lai was friendly or not.

Though, a small giggle escaped the fluffy, blue air Shinlai. The sight of a tail up in the air, instead of a face, gave Nado an enormous grin on her face, and it was obvious she was trying her best not to erupt in laughter. Her snickering was enough to be a dead giveaway to where they where, had the other Shinlai not known where She and Aborox where.

"Don't worry, Abby- It's just a butt." Tornado said while giggling even more as she tried hard to get the last word of her sentence out. Though, Aborox did not smile, and his guard was on high. He was in company of a Shinlai he'd never met before, and was ready to take on the worst, despite Tornado's friendly gestures, and seemingly eager behavior.

"Hello!" She smiled and wandered a little closer, at least just so she could see who the other Shinlai was.
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:01 pm

(newbie roleplayer over hurr, first time using my Mooooose)

As the sun rose over the mountain range in the distance and through the branches of the trees, the rays shine onto a large male Shinlai asleep near a stream. Curled up in the damp dew laden grass, Moose suddenly sprawled out with a great yawn as he woken from his slumber. His chocolate brown coat that lighten to a milky chocolate onward from his back until reaching a cream colored speckling on his neck and legs. Wiggling his short fluffy tail in the air as he stretch digging his claws into the earth, then shaking his shaggy mane free from dew and leaves that had fallen during the night. Walking over to the stream he drank plenty before putting on his blue metallic mask and leather traveling gear. His harness carry a couple bags filled with blacksmithing tools, and a few more with dried meats and bread. Looking at the sky and the sun, his green eyes glimmer in the light, determining he was almost to the village he set out along through the trees. Moose expected to be there by mid day if nothing held him up, like a good chase after some prey.
Back to top Go down
http://aydenna.deviantart.com/
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:43 pm

VipSora was incredibly embarrased by her stumble and she could hear someone struggling not to explode with laughter. She shifted pulled her fore paws out from under herself and looked at the two Shinlai the blue one was a great deal friendlier looking than the large white and red/rust one.
"Hi, I'm sorry I must have ruined the hunt with my massive stumble." She said as she pulled herself up. "I'm VipSora, I'm a scribe from Waterfall city. I came here to get some paper." She smiled trying to be friendly. She kept looking at the large white one scared he might just decide that she is a threat after all her mask is of a Warrior family, the VanDukes, who were known to be Darkbloods.
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Tornado jumped slightly at the other female's voice, but soon as she was able to comprehend that VipSora was not an aggressive attacker, she quickly pranced over to her to help her get up, and maybe learn a bit more about her.

"Oh, I see. My name is Tornado. I'm from a small village not too far from here. There's plenty of places there where you can get some paper." Nado said in her overly friendly and somewhat nosy tone of voice. Although she didn't know how she came off, and she had no intention of being neck deep in anyone's business, it was just her nature to be friendly, and it seemed to completely make up for Aborox's stubbornness.

He stood still, listening for more sounds, and jolted his head around, for he could hear another Shinlai approaching the area. Once again his guard was raised, but the same thing could not be said for Tornado, who was preoccupied with studying VipSora's colorful fur and asking her every question she could come across in her mind. It was normally silly questions like "What's your mask made of?", "How long have you been traveling?", "What do you need paper for?", "What's a scribe?", and most importantly "Did you see any bees?"

Aborox grew annoyed with the little blue Shinlai, as he did at times, and a low grumble escaped from his throat. Of course he was never aggressive with her or a non aggressive other, he was worried about this approaching Shinlai, and he was well ready to protect the two females should something bad happen to them.
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:53 pm

VipSora was grateful for the help. She decided she liked Tornado she seem pretty friendly and open.

"I'm glad you have paper here I was scared this trip would have be for nothing." She said cheerfully and then came the rain of questions some VipSora did not catch but a few she did.

"My mask is a family mask it is made out of tempered steel similar to how Katana's. Um today I have traveled since the sun barely rested peeked over the mountains. A scribe oh wait you don't know what a scribe is," She said when interrupted for a question about scribes. "Scribes are writers or basically story keepers we put stories from peoples heads in to books so all may enjoy the stories. Books are made of paper so in order to make a book I need to get paper."

VipSora actually liked answer questions, but for her it was kind of early so she was not up to the ask rapid fire questions and expect rapid fire answers.

She noticed the red white one seems to be interested in something else, but her attention was drawn back to the gentl and curious blue.
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:24 am

Walking briskly through the morning forest, Moose admire the landscape. The scent of wet earth filled his nostrils, chirping birds clamor above him. Suddenly a buck leap over some brush from his side, upon seeing Moose the creature turned tail and ran for its life. Moose grin happy as he dash after it. The chase lasted for a few minutes before Moose turn back to continue on his path, the strong buck too nimble for his clumsy self. Returning to where the chase begun he went ahead a bit slower as he caught his breath. Soon he could hear faint voices ahead, stopping for a moment he listen carefully. Making out the sounds of conversation, they sounded female. No worries then he though continuing in their direction. The faster he could get to the village, the faster he could sell his crafts and be on his way.

Eventually coming to a point where he could make out three figures through the trees. Walking through the brush he approached somewhat cautiously now seeing the large red and white male staring back at him. The smaller females not yet noticing him. "Hello" he called friendly, hoping he would not be attacked.
Back to top Go down
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Callandrea strode through the forest, the elementally-softened sound of footfall the only trace she left.

Candy's bright coat and mask worked against her in present surroundings. Even more of a give away was the smell of human, which came from the rider on her back.

Rubisa bounced on the back of the swift shinlai, annoyed. She had been navigating by map the day previous, but the shinlai did not warn her before they crossed the river they had been following. Their map was destroyed in the crossing. Words were few, but the two were purposely quiet as they neared the sound of other voices. Rubisa rose to her knees on the lai's back as she ran beneath a tree. Rubisa jumped up, catching a lower branch and climbing up into the boughs. Some shinlai did not take kindly to humans... it was best to hide until they knew who they were dealing with, as they always did.

"Hello, fellow travelers. I was following the stream a way back, but got lost in the dark, Do any of you know the way to the nearest town?" She asked, hoping rubisa was far enough out that nobody smelled her... She also hoped nothing came to blows... she felt in the ground for ore to make shields for herself.. the ground was lightly littered with iron, but not enough to provide protection to herself and Rubisa, should they need to retreat...
Back to top Go down
http://sammah-sam.deviantart.com/gallery
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:31 pm

With a sigh of relieve Jagter had dropped his bag on the ground the heavy bag make soft thud as it hit the group.
"Damn those bandits they made me stole my horse." He said as he slid down the tree. As he made his way back to the path he
heard what voices in the distance. "It only sounds like a few them." He thought "I could take them." Jagter readied his cross bow
and creept towards the the voices and prepared to take back what was his.
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:55 pm

Though Tornado was occupied with asking many questions to VipSora, she also noticed that there was not only one more Shinlai coming to the area where her and Aborox has stopped, but two, and by the smell in the air, there where a couple of humans nearby as well. She slowly looked around, first taking notice of the Shinlai that had appeared on his own, then to the direction of a voice coming from the trees. She turned her attention back to the male and stared, squinting at first, and then recognized who it was.

"Moose!" She called out happily, making Aborox turn around and look at her, then to the other voices, answering their question.

"Yes, there is a village not too far to the East of here. This is where we are from. If any of you want to come to the town to deliver, rest, or pick up supplies, you are more than welcome to follow Tornado and myself back, now." Aborox said, his heavy voice booming over all else in earshot.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:42 pm

(Do we take turns or first come first served?)
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Hearing his name Moose recognize the voice of Tornado, a lai he had met last time he was in this region. Running to her happily Moose slowed to greet her with a nuzzle. Having missed Tornado and Aborox over the years, he was glad to see the pair once more. Looking around he saw two other female shinlai, they watch Aborox as he began to walk off toward the village. Moose didn't pay them much attention as he walk with Tornado behind Aborox.

"How have you guys been, catch anything good lately?" Moose ask then quickly apologizing for his delayed return "Sorry I haven't been back recently, I stayed a bit too long with my human and his family last winter."
He trot joyfully, his trinkets jingle happily on his large packs of gear he had crafted during the winter.
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Wyco wrote:
(Do we take turns or first come first served?)

It's a free post, Wyco C: Feel free to post as you please.)

Tornado smiled, overjoyed to have met so many new friends in one day, and now to have run into Moose after not seeing him for a while. She was overwhelmed in joy and nestled into the male's fluff. Aborox watched behind him and sighed in relief. At leas there was one Shinlai he knewm and that the rest where friendly.

"Hmm today, no." Nado said with a soft grin, looking up to Moose and checking behind her to make sure the rest of the others that had joined them on their way back to the village where still following. She looked down with a blush and smiled.

"There's always tomorrow... or later on."
Back to top Go down
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Callandrea thunders back to meet Rubisa, who quickly moves to mount the shinlai. The pair follow, Rubisa quietly observing...

They had just parted from a brief meeting with her mate, Tphoon... she seemed happier than usual, a spring in her stride.

"Thank you. I am Callandrea, and this is Rubisa" The cotton-candy colored shinlai offered to the growing group. "If you please, you may call me Candy." she offered, trying to lessen the formal tone she had set by using her whole name.

"Sorry to be so quiet.. I'm starving! I haven't had the luxury of cooking in a few days, we've been on the road. It seems that we're a travel day or two behind schedule, leaving us less time for a leisurely pace."

"Don't suppose you have seen any more Shinlai in town, have you?" Candy asked, hoping to meet some new faces, and make more friends.
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 2:10 pm

Both Tornado and Aborox looked back at Candy, Tornado being the only one seeming to want to make friends at the time. She nodded and smiled, making sure she stayed close to Moose, but wanting to talk to everyone in the group. This sort of traveling was rare, but Nado enjoyed all the company, especially since it was from a group of such friendly Shinlai- and humans. She normally only traveled with grumpy old Aborox, who seemed to just want to get back to the village than make friends.

"There are plenty of places to eat in town, plenty of friendly faces... as well as masks." He breathed heavily and continued to walk. He was a little troubled in the back of his mind, but he wasn't really letting it show- at least, not in front of all these others following him. He actually seemed much more friendly than usual- just quiet.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 3:15 pm

(I) was hoping someone would notice me I mean I am coming with a loaed crossbow :/ )
Back to top Go down
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:29 pm

(next time be a bit clearer who you are sneaking up on)

Moose paused for a moment turning to look behind them. In all the excitement they had not noticed a figure in the brush steadily approaching. As soon as sunlight reflected off the weapon carried by this human, Moose could see he wasn't friendly. Moose growl with anger, his flames flare up toward the bushes. The weapon fired toward them as the human dodged the flare. Moose readily defended Tornado as the bolt shot into his flank. Ignoring his wound he look for the human sure he would strike again from the cover of the shaded foliage.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:11 am

/ I kinda meant I was sneaking up on the whole group rather than one individual /

Having avoided a fire blast Jagter was confused as he thought he was firing on bandits. "A fire blast from a lai?" he thought puzzeled having already circled around to get a peek seeing three lai and a human Jagter figured that they wouldn't likely be bandits, then he saw the brown shinlai had a bolt in its flank the bolt that he shot "Damn it the one time I'm sure its bandits...Its not."he mumbled. Jagter wanted to approach but was unsure whether he should. " They may not be so friendly especially after one of them getting an arrow to the flank." he stood still weighting his situation whether or not to to approach not knowing if they'd understand if it was accidental or think it was purposeful.
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:29 pm

A low boom of a growl erupted from the red Earth Shinlai at the front of the small group. Aborox had seen the bolt fly by Moose, and since Tornado was close- as well as a few other friendly faces that he was leading, his protective instincts kicked in and he was ready to defend the group with his life. He slowly turned around, his head lowered, and he stomped through the group towards the invasive human that fired upon them. A loud snort hissed through his nostrils, and his amber colored eyes pierced into the soul of this human.

"Who are you?" Aborox growled through his jagged toothed snarl. He wouldn't attack- yet. Aborox was a bit more tolerable than that, but he was ready to smash the human for sending a crossbow bolt into his group.

Tornado was startled by the quick event, and pressed herself into Moose, making sure he was all right at first, and then looking around to find where the issue was coming from. She'd been snapped from her happy daze, and shook herself, trying to calm herself down.

"What was that?.. Is everyone okay?" She said with wide, worried eyes, looking around frantically.
Back to top Go down
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Rubisa descended upon the unsuspecting crossbow-wielding human.

"Who the hell do you think you are?! You must be out to prove something, to bring home a mask to mom and pop, huh kid? She snarled, drawing a crystal dagger and approaching, rage filling her. Her only friend was in danger... again... this time, there would be none of her blood spilled, or someone else coming to the rescue...

Rubisa was doing her job. As the most highly sought out assassin in her homeland, she was a killer. As a lover of all things alive, she was a friend. As a human, she was a badass....

And this guy just snuck up on her favorite shinlai and new friends? Not cool...

The human's feet are rooted to the spot, the soil engulfing his feet up to his ankles, becoming cement like... Candy snarles, teeth long and eyes alight with rage. She bore a few scars in the past from humans, trying to take her mask as their prize from a hunt.

Rubisa sees that Aborox is Scary enough, and leaves the rest to him, making one last threatening point of her dagger at the attacker, before going to care for Moose... she was limited in her knowledge of shinlai, but always kept clean bandages and a pain-releiving cream on hand...
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:53 pm

VipSora at first did not know anything was wrong until the bushes erupted into flame. She could see the bolt in Moose.

"Wha!?" She cried as she made way for the large rust and white Shinlai. "Whats going on? Why are we being fired upon?"

She looked at the bushes and hoped everyone would calm down and quickly. This morning is a little fast pace which makes VipSora rather fearful.
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:38 am

Aborox had gotten close enough to the man to where he could reach out and touch the Shinlai's mask- though it probably wouldn't have been a very good idea for him to do so, especially with Aborox in a defensive mode against him. Though the red male was worried for the safety of both the group of visitors and the human, he was not afraid to smash him into the ground if he needed to. He calmed himself down from his burst of anger and stood, sternly staring into the eyes of the human male.

Tornado watched Aborox carefully, aware of what happened the last time someone had gone after him and her during a hunting trip, and to say the least- while they managed to hurt both of the Lai, there was one less human roaming around and poaching Shinlai for masks and horns. She feared the incident happening again, but most of her concern was turned onto Moose... who had quite unfortunately taken a bolt to the... rear end.

She was carefully watching VipSora, aware that she too had been startled by what was going on- and decided to nudge her, in attempt to comfort her.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:53 am

Jagter spring backwards freeing himself, though clumps of dirt still caked his boots and quickly arming himself with his shield and spear, he stood face to faced with the red masked shinlai. While Jagter was nervous by the red masked shinlai being so close,but Jagter knew that he could inflict serious harm to the shinlai if needed but he was outnumbered. "To be honest that crossbow bolt wasn't meant for you, I thought you guys where bandits." Jagter said firmly all the while having his shield raised. "If I was trying to kill you I would have followed up with another shot." He pointed to the brown shinlai
" If I where trying to kill you why would I aim for something not vital?" He said. "This guys might not believe me I atleast might be able to deal with this shinlai in front of me if I had to." he thought "I hope Lovec is near by he could get me out of this mess for sure." "So what I'm trying say is if I meant to kill you I would of continued to fire, I mean I had the element of surprise." Jagter said hoping to smooth things out.
Back to top Go down
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Aborox sneered and smacked his nose against the shield, creating a horribly loud clank and hoping that the nudge would make the human step back a few feet. He was not thrilled about having him ready to attack, as Aborox had already had a maze of scars- and a broken mask because of humans- and while he soft hearted for them as a species, he would crush any of them that attacked him, and he wanted to make sure that was established.

"Then I would suggest not aiming any more weapons in my- or any of these traveler's faces... because last time I checked, nearly 8000 pounds of weight is more than enough to turn you into a pulp." He stopped and raised his head, not wanting to cause any more conflict, and go back to leading the people in the group to the village.

"If I where you, I'd get going on looking for those bandits- who knows where they could be." And with that, the red male walked away, back to the front of the group, and looked back to check on everyone else.

( So I was startled a second ago by a cardinal flying into my room, and wound up typing ABORf instead of Aborox :I )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)   The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ) Empty

Back to top Go down

The swift and the strong (Hunting/NKZ)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next