Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Sunny Meadows

Go down 
+2
Rubisa
Silveera
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Sunny Meadows - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 4:26 pm

"Nah, I'll be fine." Iapto said, dismissing his offer of healing with a wave of her hand. "And you know me," She continued, "See the shiny, want the shiny." she offered up as an explanation as to what she'd done.

Iapto smiled at Volpe's proud tone, and even more so as he described it. Which gave her an idea, but she'd have to speak to another light shinlai first. Maybe La or Pip next time she saw them.

"Let's a try a bow. It's been a while since I last used one, so no laughing if I miss." She said giving Volpe a light poke, before holding the light knife out in front of her, already curious as to what Volpe would produce.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 7:22 pm

"Let's a try a bow. It's been a while since I last used one, so no laughing if I miss."

"Shooting an arrow with one working eye?" Volpe chuckled, "That sounds like an accident waiting to happen." Volpe took the dagger from Iapto in his paw, sitting back on his haunches. Volpe brushed away the dagger, making it disappear.

Volpe shaped a bow in his paws. He gripped three straight arrows in his other paw. He twanged the string on the bow. "Heh, I hadn't thought that would work! Look at that, it bends!." Volpe bent it, albeit with some effort. "Well, it bends well enough." He held them out to Iapto. "Tell me how they work."

Last edited by Volpe on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:37 am

Jagter didn't want to be left alone with an angry light shinlai about. "Selousi wait up would ya?" he quickly ran towards selousi. Upon getting close he notice a cavern "What kind of animal digs a hole that big?" he said as he examined the cavern's walls
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:30 am

"Shooting an arrow with one working eye? That sounds like an accident waiting to happen." Volpe said with a chuckle.

Iapto shrugged as he changed the knife into a bow and three arrows. "I'm used to working with one eye so hopefully it won't be too hard." She said smiling. She took the bow off Volpe and held it up, pulling back on the string and testing the amount of strength needed. "It's a bit stiff but it'll work well enough." She said taking an arrow off of him.

She notched the arrow on the string before standing up straight and sighting down the shaft with her good eye, trying not to hold her breath and keep breathing normally. With a light 'twang' she let go of the string and the arrow sailed away and struck the hip of a small doe with a thump. The doe gave a pitiful bleat and struggled to move as the rest began to run.

"Feel free to finish that one off." Iapto offered, taking the last two arrows off him and firing at a slow old doe, managing to bring it down.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:56 am

Volpe listened to the bow pull tight. He wondered briefly if he could light up on exactly how hard he made the light. He focused on one of the arrows he held in his palm. It fell limp in his paw. He frowned, and waved it, "watching" it bounce around like a rubber thing. Good news, he could actually control it. Bad news, it was more difficult than he expected.

Volpe jerked his head, catching the noise of Iapto's skillful shot with a twack as the arrow hit the deer.

"Feel free to finish that one off."

Volpe approached slowly, croaching low to the ground and slinking across it, the grass touching his belly. Even if the deer was injured, it wasn't often Volpe was lucky enough to hunt and actually catch something. He listened to the deer's soft crying, and it's injured gait. When the deer made the mistake of coming a step too close Volpe jumped up from the ground, bounding after the deer. Although it was injured badly, any animal in danger can sprint fast. He spread his paws wide, catching the deer on the flank and knocking it over. In a moment he was at it's throat, it's jugular crushed in Volpe's jaws. It was dead in seconds.

Volpe dragged the deer out of the edge of the woods- where it had run- and dragged it closer to where Iapto was standing. He licked some of the blood off his jaws. "You probably want to carve it up before I take my share, hm?" Volpe chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:15 am

Iapto watched Volpe stalk, then bound after the wounded female, she couldn't help smiling as he seemed to enjoy it. But she checked herself. That was scarily like a mothering instink that had flared up then, feeling proud watching Volpe bring down a deer without help. She shook her head and ran her hand through her hair, dilodging some dried blood. Before looking up as Volpe spoke.

"You probably want to carve it up before I take my share, hm?" He said, liking some blood off him face.

"Eh only a little bit this time, I have dried meat so I don't need to take as much." She said, crouching down and running a hand over the deer's side. She cut a square from its flank before pushing the deer towards Volpe. "Dig in." She said with a grin, resting the meat chunk on her knee, before poking around in her hip bag.

((Sparkle sparkle))
Back to top Go down
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:50 am

Candy saw the hunt of Iapto and Volpe through the entrance of the cave. "Who is that shinlai with Iapto?" she asked, starting to sift through rubble, looking for traces of silver. "And how are you, Breeze? I'm sorry," she paused, taking a moment to think of how to word things. "My element's uses are mostly self defense... and used for my craft, of course. I can't really fight well with my element, so I do my best to avoid confrontation...it makes me rather nervous to find humans and shinlai fighting at my front door, so to speak..."
Back to top Go down
http://sammah-sam.deviantart.com/gallery
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:10 pm

"Eh only a little bit this time, I have dried meat so I don't need to take as much. Dig in."

Volpe shrugged, "The winter's coming soon, Iapto. I'll leave the shoulder for you, hm?" He placed a foot on the deer, pulling at the meat on the flank. He ripped it off in strips, swallowing the pieces whole. Lai's teeth weren't really meant for chewing. "I don't know why you cook food." Volpe said between bites. "I mean, it tastes fine raw. If you cook it it just becomes dry." Volpe carefully pulled out the intestines, pushing them out of the way. "I ought to throw the innards at that human over there," he growled angrily. "The nerve of people. The nerve of Shinlai for that matter..." Volpe was working himself up, looking over to where he heard Selousi's footsteps. "I ought to show him what a Shinlai can do. He could cause scarring that would last for life." Volpe laughed coldly, "I could burn him from here. Wherever the sun touches." Volpe paused, glowering at Jaegter's back.
Back to top Go down
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:51 pm

"Who is that shinlai with Iapto?" "I'm not sure... I haven't met him, but I haven't known Iapto very long" Breeze relaxed slightly, it didn't look like they were going to fight anymore.

"And how are you, Breeze?"

"I'm good, I've been living in a small cave up the in the forest."

I'm sorry, my element's uses are mostly self defense... and used for my craft, of course. I can't really fight well with my element, so I do my best to avoid confrontation...it makes me rather nervous to find humans and shinlai fighting at my front door, so to speak..."

"Don't worry about it Candy," Breeze replied. "I'm not all that keen on fights myself, but if push came to shove, I would have protected us both."

Breeze watched warily as the moss colour female and human approached, changing the air flow, she surrounded herself in an illusion, making herself appear as a pile of dirt and making Candy completely invisible
Back to top Go down
http://sylveira.deviantart.com
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:42 pm

As Jagter approach the other shinlai he realized he lost sight of it "Where did it go?" he said confouned "I didn't see or hear it move ei...". He pause he noticed that a patch of mound of dirt that looked odd. The dirt was't strewn around but looked as if it was placed there. Jagter walked slowly toward the mound of dirt. and inspected it "Its certainly be enough to hide a shinlai under." Jagter wanted to call out for the other shinlai but was nervous about the light shinlai Volpe still being in the area
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:30 pm

Selousi saw a head poke out the entrance for a split moment then duck back down. She trotted down towards the white and pink shinlai.

"Ah hello! What are you digging at?" she shouted while going her direction.
Another shinlai was with her. She thought she called her Breeze?
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 4:25 pm

Iapto listened to Volpe's rant with a faint smile. She was rummaging around in her belt bag and pulled out some tinder and two sticks. She set about making a small fire. "Oh! We could make a lasso out of the deer intestines! I could ride you, lasso him and drag him along behind us!" She said excitedly.

"Or maybe we could leave him to it, and let a Darkblood get him..." She suggested a little more serious. "No effort needed! Less fun though... Unless we stuck around to watch." She was about to look up at Volpe when there was a small spark in the tinder.

She gave a small squeak and lent down, blowing lightly to get the flame bigger. She dumped a few twigs and sticks on the fire before skewering the meat square and holding it over the fire. "I would eat it raw, but it would probably make me sick." She added
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 5:28 pm

"Oh! We could make a lasso out of the deer intestines! I could ride you, lasso him and drag him along behind us!"

Volpe snorted, half a smile on his face. He cocked his head at the clicking noise coming from her hand, when a spark fired he realized it must have been wood or something. He sat down beside her, staring at the small fire with blank eyes. "That's not half a bad idea," he said absently.

"Or maybe we could leave him to it, and let a Darkblood get him... No effort needed! Less fun though... Unless we stuck around to watch."

Volpe's grin widened, "I could sic Silas on him." He laughed, but his voice got more serious as he went on. "Actually, I haven't seen any of the Kordeths around, not since seeing him in the capitol of Darkblood territory. It makes me nervous. I wouldn't put it past them if they're planning something." Volpe drew his claws in the ground, writing names in the ground. Alkyone, Silas, Lycu, Marrinus... it was barely legible with his terrible handwriting but it was a list of names he often kept at the front of his mind. Although he had yet to meet Alkyone, Silas had mentioned her. He realized what he was writing and stopped half-way through Linx, brushing his leg over the list and brushing it out. "Sorry, random musings." As much as Volpe liked, and even trusted Iapto, he'd always keep secrets to himself.

(I guess this takes place before that one rp with La and Alkyone, etc. Since we haven't finished it yet?)
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 6:53 am

Iapto pulled a face at the mention of Silas, despite being the one who had brought up the Darkbloods. She listened to him mention that the Kordeths had gone quiet. "Well they probably have a lot to do, over throwing a major religion and bringing down the Elite's probably isn't as easy as it sounds." She pointed out. She fell silent as she watched the names in the dirt.

"Well I know who Silas, Lycu, Marrius and Linx are." She said slowly, suddenly a little wary. "But who's Alkyone? I don't recognise his name." She said, purposefully referring to Alkyone as 'he'. She'd rather keep quiet about knowing Alkyone until she knew what Volpe wanted with her. She didn't exactly like the big purple female, but she'd rather not put her dad's mate at risk. Or Pip, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:21 pm

"Well they probably have a lot to do, over throwing a major religion and bringing down the Elite's probably isn't as easy as it sounds."

"Not as much as you might think. Many Shinlai are nuetral and- from those I've met- not so much are strong Daila supporters. That being said, many of these nuetral Lai are nervous of the Darkbloods because of their brutal methods. I would think they could benefit from being more gentle. Alas, fear inspires respect. However, the Kordeths have always been very vocal and very active. Darius' sons are usually wandering around causing trouble and it's... it's not good news if they've returned home."

"Well I know who Silas, Lycu, Marrius and Linx are. But who's Alkyone? I don't recognise his name."

"Quite possibly a her. Many Shinlai seem to prefer gender nuetral names it seems, hm?" Volpe chuckled. "Someone mentioned the name before, said I should keep it in mind. You know that Shinlai, La? The one we met in that canal filled city? I forget the name of it. Either way, I'm pretty sure she mentioned this Alkyone.... I'll have to get to know her better."

(Volpe is such a jerk D: It's why he initially decided to see La more )
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 6:20 am

((Lol bad move mentioning that))

She went quiet as Volpe mention the lack of strong Daila supporters. She stared into the little fire rather put out at the mention of it. It was true though, and Daila supporting Shinlai she knew didn't want to fight, even Dagda who was a strong supporter was opposed to fighting, despite helping Alkyone train and even letting Iapto have a go at him the odd time. He was a healer first and foremost which stopped him using his fighting skills. She shook her head, it was the one thing Alkyone and she agreed on, there were a lot of coward willing to let their religion get trampled. She curled her lip but looked back to Volpe, listing to him mentioning La.

"Someone mentioned the name before, said I should keep it in mind. You know that Shinlai, La? The one we met in that canal filled city? I forget the name of it. Either way, I'm pretty sure she mentioned this Alkyone.... I'll have to get to know her better."

Iapto had been halfway through biting the chunk of deer meat when he said that. She stopped, her mouth half open and meat halfway to her mouth. "L-La?" She said slowly, her mood darkening. "Well if you want to get to know La better, you'll have to get to know her family better, she has two adopted sister that are very protective of her and each other. Then her adoptive mother can be quite grumpy, her dad's not too bad, much nicer but still very protective." She reeled off waving her lump of meat about.

"Did I mention I'm her sister, I don't think I did. So if you hurt her. I will hurt you." She said as calmly as if offering him some cooked meat.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:07 pm

(Pfft- I know XD Volpe's just really stupid)

"Well if you want to get to know La better, you'll have to get to know her family better, she has two adopted sister that are very protective of her and each other. Then her adoptive mother can be quite grumpy, her dad's not too bad, much nicer but still very protective. Did I mention I'm her sister, I don't think I did. So if you hurt her. I will hurt you."

Volpe's milky eyes narrowed, "It seems that it had slipped your mind," he said bitterly. "Forget I said anything. Besides, why would I go out of my way to hurt such a charming young female? Even if I did, you couldn't hurt me." His grinned returned to his face, but it was no longer happy or bright but sly and even challenging. "You couldn't hurt me if you tried." He pushed her hand with the stick away with his paw, "And stop waving that around, you'll put your other eye out. Or worse, one of mine."
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:28 pm

(You've noticed? Wait, how did Volpe see that stick? XD )

"It seems that it had slipped your mind, forget I said anything. Besides, why would I go out of my way to hurt such a charming young female? Even if I did, you couldn't hurt me." Volpe said with narrow eyes. "You couldn't hurt me if you tried. And stop waving that around, you'll put your other eye out. Or worse, one of mine."

"No, you just never asked who my family was." Iapto countered calmly. She let the stick get pushed away by him, noting how his smile had changed. She smirked. "Well, if I do keep waving this stick around, then I would take your eye out. Which I think counts as hurting you." She replied, calmly swishing the stick back and forth. "I'm certain we've had the conversation before." She added.

She gave a shrug and gnawed on the deer meat, still eye balling Volpe. She knew her little threat of hurting him wouldn't put him of talking to La. She finished her meat, stabbing the stick into the ground and blew a very immature raspberry at Volpe.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:45 pm

(Ummm- he heard it swishing.)

"No, you just never asked who my family was."

"That would be because I don't particularly care." Volpe seemed suddenly interested in the sharpness of his claws, not even glancing at Iapto.

"Well, if I do keep waving this stick around, then I would take your eye out. Which I think counts as hurting you."

"Watch how quickly I'd blind that other eye of yours." He said, a warning in his voice. "I've no interest in loosing any of my eyes thank you. I'm lucky I still have them."

He jerked his head at Iapto's raspberry. "Oh very mature, very adult-like." He said, sarcasm thick in his voice. He pushed her over with one paw, giving a good shove. "It's a wonder how you take care of yourself by the way you act." He chuckled anyways.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 4:17 pm

"You would if you knew who they were." She replied with a smug look, eyeing how he was looking at his claws. And she actually glanced at her nails before realising what she was doing. She suppressed a chuckle and lent back on one hand, poking the fire with her knife.

"Oh very mature, very adult-like. It's a wonder how you take care of yourself by the way you act." He he said with a laugh.

"I'm twenty-six, I can do what I like." She retorted before getting pushed over. She chuckled and pushed at him with a foot, before rolling to sit up right again. "I survive by knowing what to do and when to do it. Doesn't mean I have to be mature." She said with a shrug. "I mean hey, what the point of being a thief if you can't have fun."

((I think Aderyn's asked Alk how she survives before. I'm getting deja vu!))
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:54 pm

"You would if you knew who they were."

"Well now you've caught my interest. Care to tell more? I'll just find it out for myself if you don't. It's in my job description." Volpe grinned, propping up his head on a paw. He looked like some school girl ready to hear the latest gossip. He heard the smug grin she must have been wearing in her voice.

"I'm twenty-six, I can do what I like."

"You said that yesterday. Oh wait, that was a six year old child I heard speaking to her mother. I must have gotten you confused because of your striking similarities."

"I survive by knowing what to do and when to do it. Doesn't mean I have to be mature. I mean hey, what the point of being a thief if you can't have fun."

"Survival? I only steal when I must."
Back to top Go down
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 1:19 am

Breeze supressed a grin as the human male walked closer to her, obviously noticing that her illusion didn't look right... she never did have much call to perfect the ability.
"Its certainly be enough to hide a shinlai under." The man muttered to himself. She shifted the air flow, and the illusion melted away.
"Things are never that simple with shinlai." She said, chuckling softly
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:27 am

"Well now you've caught my interest. Care to tell more? I'll just find it out for myself if you don't. It's in my job description." Volpe said, leaning on his paw and grinning.

Iapto grinned back and lent back on one hand. "Maybe. You'll probably try and eat me when you find out though." She said honestly. She knew he'd be miffed that she lied about knowing Alkyone, although Iapto didn't actually know what she did for a living. Other than being a huge gossip and determined to be friends with everyone that wasn't a human.

"Survival? I only steal when I must." Volpe said.

"And if your way of stealing is crashing through boxes to grab a scrawny chicken. Then your survival looks more dubious by the second." She mentioned with a grin. She glanced past Volpe to see Breeze materialise close to Jagter, she sat up right and watched closely, if Jagter hadn’t liked Volpe being near him, he’d probably react badly to the female appearing next to him.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 8:05 am

Jagter took few stepped back in shock "Well I noticed that the dirt was unusal placed thats all."
"I take it your an air shinlai, right?" he wanted to see if the shinlai would react hostile toward him.
"So why did you hide, did I startled you?" Jagter was a bit bother that a shinlai was hostile towar him.
Back to top Go down
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:09 am

Breeze grinned as the human stumbled backwards in shock. "Well I noticed that the dirt was unusal placed thats all. I take it your an air shinlai, right?"
"Light shinlais also use illusions... but yes, I am an Air shinlai." She coupled her answer with a gentle breeze that ruffled the grass and the mans hair.

"So why did you hide, did I startled you?" She snorted in amusment, "Hardly! I saw your confontation with that male.... I prefer to avoid conflict and someone who who draws thier weapon so quickly should be treated with caution."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Meadows   Sunny Meadows - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunny Meadows
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: Grab your masks, it's RP time :: The Village-
Jump to: