Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Eating on the go!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:23 pm

The usual rules to role playing apply here. Humans and shinlai are welcomed. Forgive any spelling errors I make I’m dyslexic. I am just goofing of here trying to get better at role playing. I made up a thief character and I was wondering how well I could play that. I love stealth games after all.

Ok the setting is in the Khanti it is between the desert and the ocean. It is a cool morning in the city and a cry can be heard. It is not that of an animal but a very angry man.

The man is really heavy, is wearing an apron, and is covered in flour. He is running through the streets chasing a boy who has some bread in his arms. The boy is thin and nimble. He looks like he has not seen a bath in a while. His hair is dark and his skin is really tanned. The boy runs into a busy street full of shinlai and carts. He runs between the legs of the shinlai and runs around the carts. Then he jumps into an alley. The fat man runs by not aware that the boy had jumped into the alley way. The boy sits catching his breath and smiles seeing he gave the baker the slip. He leans back and bumps a pot. He tries to catch it but it falls and shatters into pieces. He looks around nervously hoping no body noticed.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Zaizai rolled his eyes at the thief boy, he hoisted himself up and loosened the strings on his mask. A magician had to be mysterious after all. His whole body was covered in dark clothing and his long robe sleeves were tied. The design on his mask was know to be creepy with the swirling eyes and painted, crimson wolf teeth in the firm of a grimace. He removed his mask by grabbing it through his loose sleeves and took a match out, as he blew on it, it lighted. A special technique. He let it fall on his robe and it quickly burned to dust.
In reality his name was Vector. He had dark brown hair, bluegreen eyes and a short beard . His attire was a pair of western styled boots, a blue vest, khaki pants and a full brimmed hat

"Hey kid, nice show you put on out there. Crowd weaving is a good skill for a thief." he said grinning and cackling.
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 12:30 am

The lad jumped seeing this stranger standing before him. His emerald eyes gazing up at him as he summons fire.

"Hey kid, nice show you put on out there. Crowd weaving is a good skill for a thief," the stranger said.

"Tha-thank you," The boy studdered scared what the man might do to him. This he said as he tried to slide some of the bread between unbroken pots.
"Maybe he won't see it." He thought.

"I-I won't let you take me to the orphanage or to the baker's." Glaring up to him with his hand now moving into his bag.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:16 am

" Orphanage! No way, the owner of that place is a total nutcase. Same with the fat man." Vector hollered, sitting down. "Now let's see, how many loaves did you steal?"
He questioned, waving a hand over the ground. "Now this won't do much good will it?"
Vector grabbed his mask and placed it on the ground. This one was different than the usual. It had a long shape and was accompanied by a beak crafted to be like that of a hornbill. As he lifted the mask up, there was a loaf of bread on the ground, he repeated this twice.
"Un.... Deux, trois!" he said while making each loaf appear.
"Kid, if you give that one back to the baker you can have these," he smirked. "Alright? And don't worry, they're nice and warm, try it!"
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 10:17 am

" Orphanage! No way, the owner of that place is a total nutcase. Same with the fat man." The magic man shouted.

The boy smiled his agreement with that and lowered his hand from his bag of tricks. He watched as the man as he summoned the bread with magic words.

"This man is some sort of magic!" He thought, "at least he won't take me to the orphanage."

"Kid, if you give that one back to the baker you can have these," he smirked. "Alright? And don't worry, they're nice and warm, try it!"

He looks at the bread the magic man indicated to give back to the flabby baker. Then to the bread that he gets to keep.

"Are you going to let me keep most of the bread if I return one to him?" The boy was puzzled yet pleased. "And you promise to keep these warm."

He lifts some of the bread that he would get to keep and felt the warmth radiating from it. He tasted a little watching the magic man and a smile appeared on the lad's dirty face.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 10:54 am

"Oh no, you need it more than I do, kid." he looked at his rugged face. "Ah, so what's your name?" he said. "Maybe I'll see you eventually in one of my performances. "
He leaned back in a lax fashion and again, hoisted himself up.
" Want to see a basic trick kid?" I won't charge you anything of course. Ususally I'm just a street performer but today, today I'm generous. It's something that needs to go around more. Ususally it's provoked by pity. You getting me?"

He turned around and out of his bag he took his robe and put it on. He bandaged his face and legs and put on his full brimmed black hat and mask.

"And with a performance a magician has to have a good disappearing act."
He again lit a match, one that had a purple flame. Chemicals that would alter the color of the flame were obvious.. He dropped the match and the bandages on him seemed to turn to soot. He was gone? No, just at a different area. After all it's just a trick. The kid would have to find him if he wanted him.

Vector sighed and laid back. He always hated having to rely on string. Thin hairs of a sheep tightly entwined and coated in glue. He had only adhered bandages to his mask and now he was on a roof. Distractions were well played in a show. He blinked a bit, the sky sure was beautiful today.
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 12:31 pm

"Oh no, you need it more than I do, kid." He said and then asked, "Ah, so what's your name?"

"Surtena Saxe is my name, but me street name is the Saxen." Surtena said.

Then Magic Man smiled at Surtena offered a free performance, a Vanishing Act. Surtena hopped to his feet in excitment and watched the Performer wrap bandages around himself. Then the mysterious flames appeared and he vanished.

The Saxen ran over to the bandages and lifted them up to find soot. He took steps back think where the man could have gone if he disappeared. He began to collect the bandages and placed them in his bag of tricks and looked around for a clue as to where the man might have vanished to.

Surtena ran into the street and jumped/climbed on the back of a now startled lai. He looked around now at his high vantage point. The Shinlai began to growl so he leaped off its back and grabbed hold of a near by flag hanging from a house. He pulled himself up to the next floor window sill. Surtena looked around again but did not find the Magic Man so he decided he'd climb to the roof.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Vector relaxed, looking up. He sat up and pondered a water fowl.
" I wonder what it would be like to fly like a seagull. Most take them to being annoying but they really do have the best gift."
He sighed. Maybe eventually there would be a way. I ought to make something I could glide with or something!"
He stood up and walked Back and forth, thinking about this.

"Maybe if I chained some durable fabric to my boots and had it extend from there to the pit and onto gloves!"

He had an excited expression for a second and then it faded.

" Had not a fool a few years back tried that though? And to no avail due to his weight. " he lay down once again and grunted.
" I'd probably lose a limb from that idea. But then again I burnt myself the first time I used a fire trick. Hah!"
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Surtena looked around, now on a roof top, his gaze drifted through the streets. He really wanted to know how the man vanished.
Taking steps back he fell over backwards when the roof's wall stopped and he kept going. He landed very ungracefully on the floor of the roof with his legs in the air. Then he saw the magic man pacing back and forth on a different roof. A smile appeared on his face.

He studied the other roof and noticed a small, draw bridge that would span across the gap between the roof tops. He reached into his bag of tricks and pulled out something that looked like a single wing. He ran and throw it as hard as he could. The one wing became four and it flew like a frizzbee. The wing sliced the rope that held the bridge securely and it returned to Surtena. He ran over to the man smiling, thinking he had won the game maybe.

"I have found you!" The Saxen exlcaimed.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:50 am

Vector hadn't heard Surtena yet. He was still talking to himself. He twisted his face in joy every time he thought he had a good idea but then frowned in his finding of it's flaws.

"How wonderful might it be to use wings AND fire. What if I extended the wing joint from the wrist rather than the elbow..?" he thought about it. "Would that perhaps be too heavy?"
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:35 am

Surtena watched the man pace and mutter something about flying. Surtena watched him and thought would it be dangerous to intrude upon the thoughts of a man who knew magic?

"Can't you just fly using the magic that you use?" Surtena asked. Surtena sat down and threw his wing so it would fly over the street and back to him. Then Surtena looked up and saw the seagulls. "Seagulls must have a lot of stories about the sea." Surtena thought noting all the chatter they were doing.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:40 pm

"Well, it really isn't magic at all. More like, ah, illusions! That's the word." he said lifting a brow. " Sorry if that's a letdown. But I don't exactly have powers like flying! I'm just a plain person. A Magician, a illusionist, a performer if I must say! "

He tapped his foot and opened one of his sleeves. Out flew a seagull! It perched on his head and pecked at a strand of his hair. He waved his hand by it's face to fend it away from his scalp and onto the top of his wrist.

"You see?" he said. "Tricks. I have large sleeves right? Easily a seagull could be able to hold onto my hand as long as I supplied food." he said lifting up his hand, it was covered in scales and he held up the skeleton of a sardine.
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Surtena watched him as he explained that he had no magic. Then smiled at the leftover sardine in his sleeve.

"I knew someone who did similar tricks," Surtena said think hard on what was explained to him. "But if you don't mind I would still like to call it magic sir."

He stood up and looked at the street below. Then he suddenly jumped back as if startled.

"The guards must be looking for me." Surtena said, "Would you like to go to my hideout? I have a lot to show you there" A smile appeared on his face.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:54 pm

Vector laughed. "Certainly, thanks for the offer."
He said preparing to follow the lad.

"And yep, it's fine for you to call it magic. Some call it witchcraft."

The last sentence ended with a frown and furrowed brows.
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Walking along the streets just below the building where the two stood, Laila made her way through. She stopped and wiped some sweat from her forehead, re-tucking the stray bits of brown hair into proper position out of her face. She was glad to take a small break and put down the brown bag she'd been carrying on her back. The straps were worn and inside tools for maskmaking jingled. She glanced behind her for Selousi.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Selousi strode by the building. As well as Laila she was plenty tired. They planned to dive later on to see if they could find pearls and shells to make luxurious masks for shinlai. Selousi slid down on all fours and sighed.

"Maybe the water won't have hot currents. I sure hope not. It's smoldering as is!" she panted, looking at Laila . "Maybe this is a pretty ideal vacation for you but I'm covered in fur! You're lucky!" she slunk her head Dow. And moved her paws over her eyes. The sun was bright and it was as hot and sweltering as daytime could be.

---
Vector heard chatter below him and quickly switched out of his outfit as ZaiZai. Even if he was pretty known he didn't want the ladies all over him. He grinned. Then again...
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Laila shifted closer to the building, pulling her bag along with her as she hid in its meager shadow in an attempt to escape from the heat. "I know, Selo. I'm sorry... but we can't exactly help that or you'd have to be shaved and look rather silly." She started to route around inside of her bag and withdrew a flask with water inside which she opened and took a sip of before offering to the Shinlai. "This probably won't help much but it might help with dehydration?" she suggested. "I'm sure it'll be better than roasting...and once we get to the water it'll be better."
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Surtena watched his new friend frown at others calling it witchcraft after all witches were women why would they call his magic witchcraft?

Then Surtena heard the talking below and looked down. He saw the greenest thing in his life and it was a shinlai. Then he saw a lady. Surtena was think about climbing down but now with a shinlai below he could just jump down and land on its back. (He still does not know how to tell girl shinlai from boys.)

Surtena looked at the perfomer and noticed him transform into the scarier outfit.

"I'm jumping down. I'm not sure how you are going to get down though. I think you are a little heavy for Lai climbing." He looked down one last time judging how far the fall might be now the shinlai was sort of laying down.

"I'm not to popular with the guards so I'll see you in the alley across the street." Surtena said.

He jumps off the building.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Vector(Vic) sighed. " I don't know if jumping on a shinlai is very wise." he said while watching him prepare to jump. To his surprise he leaped and landed on the back of Selousi. He continued over To the edge and flipped up large fans to slow his fall as he would be jumping down. These were transparent as well of course. So it appeared almost as if he were floating down.

Selousi was incredibly frightened when Surtena fell on her back. She leaped to her feet ad from the ground sprouted large rocks in the form of spikes. Selousi hated her auto defense mechanism for whenever she was mad or scared. She had slowed the spikes to a stop as one was pressed against Surtena's throat. She sighed as she glanced back. At least she didn't kill anyone with her little 'accidents'. She lowered the spikes and cleared her throat.

"E-Erm sir, can you please get off my back?"
She turned her neck and looked at him. Her new mask crafted by Laila included a large amethyst in the center of the mask.
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:53 pm

Startled, Laila instinctively pulled out the knife-like tool she kept in her pocket for protection. It was used for carving wood for masks before refining the shape and was only palm sized but it could certainly do damage. Her eyes fixed upon Surtena threateningly. "What's the big idea?" she asked. She sure wasn't shy anymore.
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:09 pm

"E-Erm sir, can you please get off my back?" Said the jumpy shinlai. Surtena was at the moment focused on the spike infront of him half frighten and half curious. Surtena looked at the shinlai and slid from her back. (He guess it is a girl from her soft voice.)

"What's the big idea?" Another female voice called. Surtena looked at the dagger feeling more frighten of that then the shinlai he pounced upon.

"I needed down from the roof." He said trying to get them to calm down before the guards or the baker hear. "I don't hurt people I just have to move fast sometimes." He said think that explains everything.

He turns and looked at the green shinlai. "You are a pretty color by the way." He smiled showing his white teeth.

Looking back at the lady with the dagger. "I'm sorry for startling ya'll I just have to get to my hideout and show..."

"Magic man?" He looked around for his new friend.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Selousi blinked for a second. "Boy, why are you so nervous..? Your shoulders are pulled together in discomfort." Selousi said tilting her head a bit.
Selousi then noticed the other man with the young boy. He was much taller and had coarse slicked back hair. She curled her lip at his ruggedness. Atop of that he was dressed in DARK colors! Ridiculous for this heat.

"Do either of you know where a source if water is?"

---

Vic rolled his eyes at the shinlai. "The only place to get a drink is at the bar. Unless you want to die drinking salt water." he said smirking, hoping his straight forwardness would impress the ladies.

(I'M GONNA GET GET GET YOU DRUNK GET YOU DRUNK OFF- That little bar over there.)
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Laila returned her tool to her pocket and frowned. "A bar? ...That's not quite what I was looking for. We can't go diving at a bar," she muttered. She glanced to Selousi. "But a drink doesn't sound half bad. Maybe we could settle our thirst first before we go diving? Then we won't have to worry about wanting to drink salt water." She wasn't so impressed with the straight-forward attitude. It reminded her too much of Twine.
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:21 pm

"Boy, why are you so nervous..? Your shoulders are pulled together in discomfort." Selousi said tilting

"How can you tell?" He asks. "Um I don't want ya'll to tell on me." He looks behind her and runs under her to hide in the shadows as some guards walk by.

"Do either of you know where a source if water is?" Ask the lai

"The only place to get a drink is at the bar. Unless you want to die drinking salt water." Said the Magic man

"Poison." The boy mumbled at the mention of the bars. He looks at the shinlai and touches her green fur.

Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:58 am

"Nah, it's not poison. In fact it'll lighten you up a bit. You are pretty tense." he grinned, satisfied. Vic turned to Laila and asked, " So what's your name?"

Selousi was startled again at the feel of the boys hand on her fur and glanced back at him. She noted his mention of the alcohol being 'poison'. She smiled at him and asked.

" Do you know a better place then?"

Vic frowned. " Well, all I know is the bar so I'm headin over there," after he mentioned the bar he was smiling again. He walked away and across te street to the bar. Who knows what drunk stunt he would pull as a magician.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eating on the go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating on the go!   Eating on the go! Empty

Back to top Go down

Eating on the go!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: Grab your masks, it's RP time :: The Village-
Jump to: