Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

A muddy trail

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A muddy trail Empty
PostSubject: A muddy trail   A muddy trail EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:39 am

Ok, so i've been neglecting my activity in the community for a while due to being a tad busy myself, figured it would be best to come back. I miss everyone and I miss rping with my Lai and people.

Rp for whomever wants to join, Shinlai or human alike, the only rule I really have is no killing. Because I actually like a bit of blood one in a while.

The setting takes place in a murky stream like so: http://papelipe.no/var/weblog/storage/images/photos/amazonas/jungle_stream/345-1-eng-GB/jungle_stream_gallerylarge.jpg that tend to open up in to larger potions of water: http://hoorwa.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/south-stream-ledge.jpg it is foggy, damp and quite uncomfortable.

------------//--------------

It was a damp, misty evening-at least he was pretty sure it was evening, this overcast weather made it hard to tell. Alonso was making his way down stream, the thump of hooves as they hit the water and sunk in to the mud, splashing feet along side them seemed to be the only sound filling the air. It was quiet, too quiet, to the point it was quite eery. He was away from Marucs, and with good reason. A run in with the Darkblood Elite Linx caused the two to disperse from one another, else be crushed in the female's fury. Perhaps they'd meet again soon, who knew, he sure didn't, he didn't even know where he bloody was at this point. Alonso looked to the sky, searching for his beloved Red-tail through the foliage. She had yet to make her appearance since the run, and it was honestly starting to worry him. But he had himself and Salvador to worry about right now, he didn't escape unharmed, a gash to the forearm and a wounded Salvador left a trail of blood behind them, mixing in to the mud and the stream's water below, he just preyed the Elite hadn't been able to follow.
A pant from the boy's mouth, this trail was exhausting the two (like they weren't already). He needed to stop, they needed rest, a full stomach and a few bandages. But this didn't seem far enough, and was far from feeling safe in the least. He could still feel his heart racing, and his bones tremble, probably still consequence from the adrenaline rush. Salvador snort and pulled at the reins, the animal was dragging behind. Alonso brought a hand up to the creature's neck with a soothing pat "Shh, Easy boy, we'll rest n' a moment. Ain't safe just yet.". He had to face the fact he was close to collapsing himself, this muddy trail made the voyage ten times harder, and when one was already feeling light-headed, it was only a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

A muddy trail Empty
PostSubject: Re: A muddy trail   A muddy trail EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:05 am

((I am currently not in a single Rp. I am determined to fix this |: ))

He had been tailing the human for a while, easily picking up the scent of blood. And while he wasn’t exactly stealthy, he could move quietly enough so not to send the horse into a panic. He was curious, the small human seemed very determined to keep moving, despite the injury to himself and the horse. Both of which were starting to flag and slow down, he kept his distance, also slowing down. He wouldn’t want to look like a threat, the human might be armed. Hurt human, skittish horse, and a huge Shinlai following them probably wouldn’t result in a good reaction.

He lowered his head carefully, making sure his horns didn’t snag on branches or vines, and sniffed at the bloodied waters. He didn’t know how long they had been hurt, but he’d be trailing them a while none the less. He continued following, trying not to make a huge amount of noise. Thinking that he probably shouldn’t have tried to fit through narrow trees. "Shh, Easy boy, we'll rest n' a moment. Ain't safe just yet." The human said.

He moved a little closer, and there was a soft rustle of leaves, as the vines pulled away of their own accord. “You’re hurt?” He said quietly, standing almost ten meters away. Hoping his deep voice wouldn’t spook them and send them running. A wounded horse in a flight of terror wouldn’t be a good idea. Especially when the human was holding the horses reins. He’d either get dragged off, or left behind. With a big male Shinlai. Staring at him.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

A muddy trail Empty
PostSubject: Re: A muddy trail   A muddy trail EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:45 am

Typhoon grumbled irritabley as he slogged through the thick mud.
The white 'socks' on his legs were invisible under the coating of wet earth, and his tail was a matted mess. He'd dried the mud with bursts of air and brush it off several times already, but it made no difference.
He came to a slight decline, and lost his footing, sliding down chest first.
"I hate mud..."
He hauled himself up with an irrate snarl and in an un characteristic temper tantrum, vented his frustration on a nearby tree, he charged it down, burying the gilded horns of his mask in the wood.
The tree groaned and began to topple, taking his mask with it. He swore loudly as it twisted the piercings in his jaw, but the mask unhooked before it cold tear them out.
He imeadiately clutched his face in pain, and groaned when he realised he'd just covered himself in more mud.

(Poor Ty... I haven't Rped with him in ages and I'm being so mean to him xD)
Back to top Go down
http://sylveira.deviantart.com
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

A muddy trail Empty
PostSubject: Re: A muddy trail   A muddy trail EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:04 pm

(Gonna throw Volpe in here- he might have a panic attack from all the water xD)

Volpe placed every foot down ever so carefully, searching and prodding gently before stepping and shifting his weight, only to repeat the process. He grimaced, he had no idea how he'd come to end up in this forsaken swamp. He could only thank whatever gods there were that the streams he came across so far was stagnant and shallow.

He snorted angrily through his nose. He could feel his tail coated in drying mud. He was unable to lift his weeping tail off the ground it was so long. Vines and branches often pulled and tugged at his horns that caught in them- two times now he'd been forced to burn them off with intensified light. He had avoided tripping this whole time only with the care he took in stepping. This jungle-like forest just moved next to the top of the blind Lai's list of "Things to Hate", right under water.

Luckily, his brown speckled coat- with dapplings of white on his flanks- hid him in the undergrowth of the forest. Even for a Shinlai standing at 10 feet tall, he was nearly invisible. He stepped silently, wary of a possible predator lurking nearby. Volpe had once been challenged by a mountain lion. And, while it was no trouble for a normal Shinlai, it was sheer luck that had saved Volpe. He couldn't fight off a bold predator with no eyes.

A loud groan, coupled with snaps and cracking noises sounded in the distance. Volpe lifted his head, listening intensely. He didn't relax immediately though, and was shocked to hear a voice- and not to far away either. Volpe's keen hearing picked up the voice of his father-in-law. He grimaced, not sure how pleased Dagda would be upon seeing Volpe. He decided best to avoid him.

The mud beneath him shifted after a misplaced step and Volpe slipped on the incline, desperately trying to find ground but failing terribly. The minor mud slide pushed Volpe down, and crashed him into a tree- not too far from the trail the man and horse traversed. Volpe yelped with a mixture of surprise and pain as one of the branches stabbed his back. Volpe tripped once more as he tried to get up, landing in an undignified heap on the ground, groaning.

He dragged himself to his paws, shaking his head.
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Anonymous

A muddy trail Empty
PostSubject: Re: A muddy trail   A muddy trail EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:05 pm

The two traveled though the mud, Alonso searching for the nearest resting point when suddenly out of the blue: “You’re hurt?” The large shinlai spoke, and that sudden pop out of nowhere was enough to make Salvador bolt up on his hind quarters with a feared neigh. Alonso flinched in surprise himself, soon forcibly turning to the horse as the reigns were pulled up, bringing his hand with it "WOAH! Easy there boy!" He pulled down, the horse stomping in the mud, but eventually calming down. Salvador was not afraid of shinlai, but to be honest it had caught both by surprise. Alonso simply stared up at the creature, until he actually processed the words, taking the shinlai as friendly, considering he wasn't getting mauled yet. "Ah--" he bowed his head slightly "Y-Yes, we seemed to have run 'n to some trouble back up stream." he explained, words cut off as a loud Thump and a yelp, another pull to the reigns "Ow--Stop that, ya whimp." he tugged at the reigns again, head looking over to the origin of the sound "What the hell was that all 'bout?"
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

A muddy trail Empty
PostSubject: Re: A muddy trail   A muddy trail EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:28 pm

"Ah-- Y-Yes, we seemed to have run 'n to some trouble back up stream." The lad said, waiting for the horse to calm down, Dagda waited a moment, before moving a little closer. Lowering his head to get a better look at them, along with trying to look less intimidating.

He was about to speak when there was a crash and yelp from one direction, and the sound of a tree falling with loud curses from another. Dagda looked to the close on first, and sighed. “My apologise, my son in law tends to trip occasionally.” Dagda said, leaving out the 'blind' factor, shooting the human a glance, surprising a smile, before moving over to Volpe. He gave low snorts and made sure Volpe knew he was moving towards him, brushing against the smaller Lai’s side, he checked the branch mark on his back. “You’ll be fine, just don’t rub mud in it.” He said with a light chuckle.

Before turning his attention to the human. “What happened? Or dare I not ask?” He said, cocking his head to one side, and eyeing the cuts and scrapes.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

A muddy trail Empty
PostSubject: Re: A muddy trail   A muddy trail EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:54 pm

“My apologise, my son in law tends to trip occasionally.”

If Volpe hadn't had fur he would have turned beet red. "There was a slight mudslide, it slid the ground right out from under me. Either way, it's quite a coincidence running into you here Dagda, the middle of the forest, I'm surprised." Volpe chuckled nervously, but let his glance slide away. He was, for once in his life, subconcious about his lack of a mask. He hadn't thought, of all the Shinlai, to run into his mates father here. Just this once he took into account how improper it was to not have a mask. At least it was his right facing Dagda- maybe he could avoid showing him the ugly scars that marred his face.

He tried to reach the wound on his back, just below his shoulder blades without much success. He heard Dagda moving closer, brushing against his side. He was surprised the old Shinlai could tell he was wounded at all.

“You’ll be fine, just don’t rub mud in it.”

Volpe cringed when Dagda brushed against his cut, but at least he had located it. He gathered light around his wound, glowing threads seemed to stitch the wound close and in a matter of moments nothing more than a pink scar remained. "It's fine." He said, rather satisfied with his healing.

He turned back to Dagda and, with a slight sniff to the air, turned his gaze on the human and horse nearby. His gaze nearly betrayed him, looking to far left, but when the horse moved he adjusted where he looked. He tilted his head curiously. "Friends of yours?" He asked the older Shinlai
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

A muddy trail Empty
PostSubject: Re: A muddy trail   A muddy trail EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:05 pm

Ty stared sullenly at his mask, despite his attempts to pull it free, it remained firmly embeded in the tree. Spitting a small globbule of blood from his bleeding gums, he sighed.
"Great."
As he sat in the mud, muttering moodily and glaring the cuts on his paws from the sharp edges of his mask, He heard faint voices. Re directing the air flow, (perhaps a little to strongly, as it tore a few leaves from the vegetation) strengthening the sound, as well as bringing the smells to his nose. Two shinlai, a human and a wounded horse....

“My apologise, my son in law tends to trip occasionally.”

"There was a slight mudslide, it slid the ground right out from under me. Either way, it's quite a coincidence running into you here Dagda, the middle of the forest, I'm surprised."

He vaguely recognised the second voice, and the name Dagda was familiar.... Didn't Breeze mention a Dagda..?

He sighed and stood, shaking his fur and sending out a spray of muck. Looking once more at his mask, he started in the direction of the voices, hopefull they could give him a hand.
Back to top Go down
http://sylveira.deviantart.com
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

A muddy trail Empty
PostSubject: Re: A muddy trail   A muddy trail EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:23 am

With a loud splahs, Phlorian submerged himself in the mud. The result was satisfying. The bright blues of his skin were completely subdued by the heavy earth. With a low rumble, he dragged himself out and sat down, waiting patiently for the mud to dry in a little. Then he stretched and took off.

Hunting always proved to be a challenge for Phlorian. At day, his dull colours made him blend in almost everywhere. At night, he was like a freakin' glowstick, scaring away prey from miles away. This muddy place had proved to be a fairly good solution to that problem. A faint scent drifted into his nostrils. His stomach responded with a firm rumble and a smile crept over his face. Almost inaudible, he trotted in the direction of the sound.

Before long, sounds started drifting into his ears. Phlorian halted, surprised. He could clearly smell a wounded animal, but also two shinlai and... a human? For a second, he remained still and indecisive. Then he shrugged, cracking the mud a little, and decided to see if they were friendly. "Hello? May I join you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A muddy trail Empty
PostSubject: Re: A muddy trail   A muddy trail Empty

Back to top Go down

A muddy trail
Page 1 of 1