Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Walking in Shadows

Go down 
+6
Blue
Wyco
Kaylex
Selousi
Toadfoal
Rhavnora
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

Walking in Shadows - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:09 pm

For his small size and rather slender build, Rayner could seemingly put up a decent fight, if only for a moment. He hardly knew what he was doing, and without his right mind it seemed as though the only goal was to sink his teeth into something solid. Now that such an animal need had been fulfilled, he hung on for dear life.

It took quite a bit of effort to keep his grip on the side of Hollow's neck, and when he felt something sharp slice into his already injured shoulder, he let go. Rayner let out a snarl, that quickly faded into a confused and throaty gurgle. The adrenaline rush dissolved from his system, and he was left squirming to free his shoulder from the painful teeth of someone who would otherwise have been an ally.

The next thing he knew yet another shinlai was on them, and he felt a hard hit yank at his injuries. He tumbled on the ground and snapped at the newest aggressor, only to realize that it was Selousi. What was this? All these enemies were false. He stared blankly for a moment, before his eyes caught on Ryshka standing there, and realized what was going on. His love, how could he have done such a thing? He choked out a series of words, making little sense in an attempt to both express his shame and the still looming threat of the Circle simultaneously.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toadfoal.deviantart.com
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:12 am

That voice, Hallow recognized it. So soft, so disappointed, he was diffused. He relaxed, felt a small nuzzle against him "Selo?... Rayner? What... that human was shooting at me and Rysh.. I.." He stammered getting to his feet, a trickle of blood staining his white fur.

Rysh didn't hesitate and was at Rayners side, fur still bristled with beads of water glistening from each strand of her pale blue fur. When she spotted the girl, she was quick but Rysh had seen her dart past Hallow, taunting him. She snarled and stepped towards the female with the sword, "You.. had better have a beautiful and marvelous explanation..." Her eyes fixed to the smaller human, and even though Rysh was considerably smaller then all the other lai's, the gleaming bits of water affixed to her fur iced over, gently clinking against each other with every small movement.
Back to top Go down
http://distortedgirl66.deviantart.com
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:50 am

Harper's spine went rigid. She was now genuinely terrified as she realized what a bad situation she was in now. Selousi had lead her right to the two Shinlai she'd fired an arrow at earlier. Her legs started to shake but she adjusted her muscles a little and it forced her knees to lock in order to steady her. She kept her sword pointed downward, nonthreatening, as the water female threatened her. She stared into Rysh's eyes with as much bravery as she could muster. "It was a miss-fire... I-I'm sorry! I heard danger and I had to- Oh forget it. Even if I explained none of it would matter. Look, there are more important things to be worrying about," the girl stammered out.

((Guys I'm going on vacation tomorrow for a few days. I'll be back the 10th I believe. Sorry!))

Last edited by Kaylex on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:14 am

(we'll try to go slowly for you maybe?? ;o;)
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:39 pm

VipSora jumped when she saw Rayner and this new male collide into each other. The force was shocking and the ground shock with their weight. VipSora could see now why some humans feared shinlai. She blinked and tilted her head as a girl much like Laila came running up. She looked scared, but something deep in VipSora's mind told her something was a mist. Don't humans even armed one run from a fight. She can understand the healer, but this one is female. VipSora looked up and saw Selousi try to break up the fighting males. VipSora was about to help when a new female and rather lovely blue one approached the new human. This female's fur was covered in ice and VipSora was in awe of this one's master of her element. It made VipSora feel slightly ashamed that she was so lax with her's it is like neglecting a gift from Daila.

"What's wrong what did this human do?" VipSora asked confused, but one could hear how impressed she was by the Blue.
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:37 pm

"I did nothing!" Harper objected. "I told you I had a miss-fire! And then I heard commotion and I thought people were in danger. I didn't even expect to find any more Shinlai except for these two." She stopped to gesture at Hallow and Rysh. Her eyes continued to dart around, worried. What if Tobias was watching her right now? She looked to Selousi's horns. Could she just cut them and run right now? Not likely. Be patient, she told herself, wait. There was no way she would be able to escape the watchful eyes of so many Shinlai all at once.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:29 pm

"Selo?... Rayner? What... that human was shooting at me and Rysh.. I.."

Selousi turned to Harper, then back to Ahaloh.

"I.. Don't know. Perhaps it was the member of the circle that was harassing us. You saw him dart by, did you not? He had black hair and a blue cape. I think he's... Headed towards..."
Selousi slung her head up in shock. She had left a blind shinlai alone bound by vines! How could she be so dumb! That hunter would murder him!
She quickly apologized to hallow as she ran off in his direction frantically.

"V-Volpe! Please call out if you're alright!" She bellowed.
--
Tobias was getting closer to the shinlai he was originally shooting at, hiding from the blue and red female, he peered at the entwined blind shinlai.
"V-Volpe! Please call out if you're alright!" He heard from a distance. He turned to face the direction and then made haste over to the shinlai. He had cloth on the bottom of his shoes, so he didn't make a sound.

'Well well...' he whispered soft enough for only Volpe to hear. His voice was gravelly yet soothing.'The vicious one. You could have taken my life rather easily couldn't you."

He unsheathed his knife with care. Bringing it up to Volpe's neck and then back to his shoulder. Deciding to leave a mark there. He cut slowly and painfully into his flesh. Deep enough to Leave a scar.

"I'll let you live, by the chance that my daughter was being foolish. Consider yourself lucky, blind shinlai." He hissed.

(I noticed nobody was interacting with volpe or rhav so I wanted to include you guys :'D)
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:28 am

Volpe tugged sharply at the vines, muttering rather vicious curses to himself. With a snap he broke his third leg free, damn plants were tougher than they looked. He made a mental note to avoid ticking of Earth Shinlai in the future. If not vicious, they still proved to be worth more trouble than he cared for.

Volpe was working on his last leg, his left foreleg, and his antlers when he heard Selousi call for him. His eyes narrowed, still mad at the female. He was furious that she had left him here, possibly in great danger. He wasn't counting on it of course; he had heard the human run far and fast, but not return.

"Well, well..."

Volpe turned his head, and if his ears hadn't been cropped, they'd be swiveling every which way. He had to make do with tilting his head slightly and standing still, hardly breathing, staying very, very silent. The words were just soft enough for him to hear, and for a moment Volpe thought he imagined him, but experience taught him to trust his only well-working sense.

"'The vicious one. You could have taken my life rather easily couldn't you."

For a moment, Volpe was paralyzed with fear. He didn't have many options to weigh, no bargaining chips like he often did in such sticky situations and it shook Volpe to the core. He narrowed his eyes, a slight smirking flashing across his face for just a moment, "Oh, I mean to take your life. And take the life of any human who hunts my kind for sport." Volpe was bluffing with all he had, hoping to intimidate the human and perhaps pause him long enough for Selousi to hurry up and come crashing through the woods. No way in hell would Volpe actively seek out the Circle to kill them. It was suicide.

Volpe heard Tobias' knife scrape against it's sheath and felt the cool blade press against his neck. Volpe instinctively growled low in his throat, baring his teeth. He didn't risk calling for Selousi now with a knife- one he had no idea the length or sharpness of it- threatening his life.

Volpe let out a soft breath of relief, just barely noticeable, when the knife was removed. Suddenly, he felt a searing pain in his shoulder as the knife cut through his skin and flesh- deep enough to damage his lean muscle. He screeched- a horrid, high-pitched scream- in pain as Tobias dragged it through his flesh, slowly, so it'd burn all the more. Volpe felt blood running down his leg from the wound.

"I'll let you live, by the chance that my daughter was being foolish. Consider yourself lucky, blind shinlai." Tobias hissed, soft enough that Volpe only just barely heard him over his pained panting.

"Oh don't run off now, b*stard," Volpe huffed, catching his breath. He even laughed slightly, so relieved that Tobias had withdrawn his knife. He wasn't used to such violent pain like many Shinlai he knew. "It's Volpe. But, aha, I don't think I caught yours."

Volpe could really care less what his name was, but he was hoping the human was arrogant and smug enough to tell him. Volpe would ask everyone he knew and gather every resource he had to find the son of a EB: Beep, this word is censored. and kill him. Volpe couldn't give a physical description (although, it's possible one of the other Shinlai would know), and the last thing he could rely on was a name. All he needed was a name and he'd make the human's life a living hell with just a little time.

(aw thanks <3 yeah I was going to have Volpe just break all the vines and stumble through the woods to the others if nothing happened xDD )
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Nyliir
Friend of Hekili
Nyliir

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:53 am

((RHAN TIME RHAN TIME, TIME FOR RHAN AND HAJIN YES GOOD OKAY))

The raven sat perched high in the branches of the forest canopy, his bright white eyes fixed curiously on the scenes taking place below him. He croaked grumpily as a plume of smoke from the burning tree enveloped him, masking his view of the events and forcing him to leave his perch. He circled the group, avidly attempting to decipher what was happening and whether or not is was worth summoning his master. He glanced in the direction where his master was waiting, hidden in shadows and likely watching him closely, he thought he could make out the faint gleam of her eyes.
A loud wailing from below caused him to shy mid-flap, and he allowed himself to drop several feet towards the Shinlai and human below him to better see what was happening.
A crimson smear caught his eye; blood. Red and thick and gushing from a cut the human had just sliced into the shoulder of the Shinlai. Oh yes, his master would definitely want to know what was happening here.
He gaped his mouth wide, releasing a loud call that echoed through the forest, and continued to circle the group as he waited for his master's arrival.

((wow what am I doing I haven't rp'd in forever))
Back to top Go down
http://nyface.deviantart.com
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:24 am

Laila was frozen stiff. She had stayed behind while Selousi and Harper ran off, leaving her with Volpe. She wanted to help free the Shinlai but he already got the vines off by himself. She supposed he wouldn't be alive and blind if he didn't know what he was doing. Then it happened and it happened fast. Tobias showed up, things escalated, and all of a sudden Volpe was being cut. She didn't know what to do so she tried her best to be fierce.

"H-hey! Hands off!" she shouted at Tobias. "C-come fight somebody your own species!" She instantly regretted the words leaving her mouth.

---

Selousi was distracted by her distress. Now was the time to strike...otherwise she might run back to Volpe and that was the last thing she wanted. A small shudder ran through her spine and she regripped her sword. She pretended to walk forward a bit, coming to Selousi's side. She raised a hand to above her eyes, squinting. "That other Lai is too far off to even see."

Then fast as lightning, and now that Hallow and the others were at her back, she moved. She shifted stance, swung her blade, and lopped off a good sized section of both of Selousi's horns. She did it kind of clumsily, her blade scratching against the poor Shinlai's, but she snatched up the horn bits while she could. Tobias would be pleased. Now she had to escape...

((One last post before I leave for vacation... Sorry that this is such a cliffhanger guys! I'll be back the 10th and I'll post if I get a chance to check the internet during my trip.))
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:22 pm

Tobias laughed at the mention of exchanging names.

"You really think it's the time to be acting friendly? You're not that stupid, are you?" He scoffed. "If you want my name, I'll give you a nickname: Toby," He grinned sinisterly. "After all. Your name will aid me in finding you again, will it not?"

He started to run away, spotting the spotted small shinlai. He chuckled.

"Until next time, Volpe."

Intercepting Harper, he ran off into the woods, mounting his horse farther off.

--

Selousi kept running towards Volpe, All of a sudden she felt pressure on her back and she stumbled a bit, catching herself a moment later. All of a sudden the weight was gone and her head was suspiciously lighter. She panicked, looking around frantically. What had just happened? She lay down for a second and brought her paw up to her face. Her mask was fine. What had happened? She couldn't tell with her own eyes unless something around the area was reflective. She decided to disregard it. A few seconds later she arrived at the scene, peering through the brush she saw the human who had shot at them before. He was cutting into La Volpe's flesh. She gasped. Turning Tobias's attention to her for a moment. He grinned at her and then ran off along with Harper. He looked unnervingly proud. She turned back to Volpe, who was suffering. She flinched. The wound on his shoulder was horribly deep for the area it was in. She immediately let loose the vines he was bound by.

"V-Volpe! I... I didn't think... I am so sorry!" She finally blurted out. "It's all my fault! I shouldn't have left you alone in this place!"
She Still had a rag on her leg. Unfortunately it was dirtied by some of her own blood but she had to put pressure on his wound since he was somewhat frail. She took the rag in her mouth and pressed it firmly against La Volpe's wound.

"Mmf Srphy!" She muttered through the rag. "I hrph thsh hhrps. I crnt dr mrch erlsh."
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:59 pm

As he regained his composure, the world began to make more sense again. The clock in his brain began ticking, and time returned to it's ordinary pattern, being that it moved forward quite steadily. He could almost have sat there in one spot for all of eternity and watched it go by, but the thing about time was that he was required to meet it. To face it head on. Just get up, and quit being a dang idiot.

He forced himself to his paws, and nearly stumbled in surprise. His shoulder was torn and the lump of the arrow stuck somewhere between lumps of tooth churned flesh. That was going to be a lot of fun to get out. But for the moment that remained unimportant. He moved forward, pressing himself against Ryshka's side. Her fur was iced over and felt prickly against his, but he stood firm.

It was just there that the girl had gone nearer to Selo and Volpe. While Rayner had not seen the man attack his friend, he noticed immediately that something had happened to Selousi. He narrowed his eyes, staring for a moment in deep concentration as an effort to figure out just what had changed. And when it hit, he gaped open mouthed in a mix between horror and wonder.
"Her horns... They've been cut. Selousi's horns have been cut!"
His voice rose in a snarl. While it could have been much much worse, the damage was still apparent and it made him furious to think that anyone should dare take any part of a shinlai, even while alive. Part of Selousi's horns appeared to have been sawed clean off. No doubt a prize for the Circle, though not as much of one as he was sure they'd have liked to take. For appearing with so few members, they had done a shocking amount of damage. He was too tired now to feel the same fury he had earlier, but if it were not for his own injuries he should have liked to storm off and take those humans down. They were even less than humans, less than worms in his mind. He stood seething at the no-longer-visible enemies, and turned his head up to glare at a bird overhead.
Oh, it seemed to be circling them. That was certainly odd. He couldn't decide whether it might be an agent of the Circle or not. But he was halfway tempted to try taking the wind out from under it's wings, just for being there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toadfoal.deviantart.com
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:53 pm

"You really think it's the time to be acting friendly? You're not that stupid, are you?"

Volpe ground his teeth together in frustration. How dare the wretched human insult him.

"If you want my name, I'll give you a nickname: Toby," Volpe could hear the grin in his voice, "After all. Your name will aid me in finding you again, will it not?"

It was Volpe's turn to grin. Toby. He could work with that. "Oh but not many know my name either. We'll see who finds whom first." Ooooh he was going to make 'Toby's' life a living hell, so help him Daila.

"Until next time, Volpe."

Volpe's rapidly beating heart began to slow as he heard Toby run away. He sensed Selousi running fast towards him, her heavy paws shaking the ground ever so slightly. The wretched vines that were still left on his antlers and left foreleg withered and died and Volpe nearly sunk to the ground where he stood. He sat on the ground slowly, twisting his head to inspect the cut as best he could. He could only hope Toby's knife wasn't rusted or otherwise poisoned. A proper healer for blood poisoning was difficult to find for a traveler like him.

"V-Volpe! I... I didn't think... I am so sorry! It's all my fault! I shouldn't have left you alone in this place!"

Had Volpe not been injured, he would have turned on her, claws spread wide to claw at her mask or attack her head on with his sweeping antlers. Instead, he reeled on her, snarling. "You complete idiot! You just went and LEFT ME HERE! I'm damn lucky I wasn't killed!"

He felt her put pressure on his leg, and hissed when it stung.

"Mmf Srphy! I hrph thsh hhrps. I crnt dr mrch erlsh."

Volpe knew a thing or two about healing with his element, but to be honest he was still too shocked and his heart was going a mile a minute, he simply couldn't concentrate enough to conjure the energy needed. "Does it look infected, Selousi?"

(Guys guys I'll be leaving tomorrow but I believe I can still reply with my phone C: Just, perhaps not posts so large :/ )
Back to top Go down
Nyliir
Friend of Hekili
Nyliir

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:13 am

Holding the shadows around her, Rhan approached the group, letting the darkness slip from her form only when she stood before them. Hajin perched himself on his usual spot atop her antlers, ruffling his feathers and croaking at Rayner who was eyeing him distastefully.
She instantly turned her attention to the human figures who were disappearing into the darkness. Members of the Circle, no doubt. "What?! Leaving already? But things were just starting to get interesting!" She called after them, grinning and sending a tremor through the earth towards them. Horses were easy to spook.
She surveyed the surrounding Shinlai, most of which she did not recognise. Most of which were probably Dailians wandering around on Darkblood territory. Idiots.
She would deal with them after she had dealt with the remaining human. The red sash around his neck was a clear indication of his proffession; healer. Yet the Circle had healers of their own, and as long as she was unsure about this human's intentions, she would not risk trusting him for a second. She turned towards the blond male, with his black hat and high boots. He smelt strongly of horse. A growl rippled through her throat as she lowered her head to be level with the his. "You best start explaining, or I'm afraid you might get some injuries even you can't fix, doc".
Hajin hissed in agreement.

((Wow Zuku I noticed no one had replied to you so I tried haha D: hopefully you are still following this thread!))
Back to top Go down
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:19 pm

VipSora heard La Volpe's cry and ran to where he was, but VipSora is a bit slow for a shinlai because her back injures she recieved as a pup slowed her greatly. She arrived to see Selousi tending to him. VipSora walked over her head down.

"Please move the bandage so I can see the damage." VipSora requested so she could maybe heal to worse of his injures. She was tired, but there is no way she was going to let one suffer like that. VipSora nudged Selousi trying to think of something she could have her do to help.

"Could you go find some herbs? Maybe go ask the healer if he has any?" VipSora said trying to find something for Selousi to do so she won't fret. "Oh and you might want to have your horns looked at."
VipSora pulled her mask off. It was easier for her to focus without the steel mask sliding around on her face. She took a deep breath and prepared herself for a very exhausting process.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Selousi was completely taken up by the action she was doing. She was awfully bored standing there. From behind Volpe she could hear Rayner's voice.
"Her horns... They've been cut. Selousi's horns have been cut!"
She paused for a moment. Her horns cut? She stayed still for a few moments, not sure about what to do as the situation was still soaking in. She then came to realization and her eyes widened.
"MPH HRHNSH!" She tried exclaiming, bringing her head away from the wound for a moment. She Shuddered and moved her head around for a bit. Her head WAS incredibly lighter. How much had they cut off? More importantly, Would she still be able to wrap flowers around them? Her fashion sense was tingling! She paused for a long while, in shock. That girl... had taken her horns? What in the world!?
She glanced to the side, noticing Vipsora coming up to her.

"Please move the bandage so I can see the damage."

Selo really didn't understand the command so she took several steps back and dropped the rag alltogether. There was an awfully upset look on her face.
"Could you go find some herbs? Maybe go ask the healer if he has any? Oh and you might want to have your horns looked at."

She let out a small whine. Today was not going well today. And the worst part was that even though Vipsora had fixed her leg earlier; which she was thankful for, she doubted she could heal her horns, as they would have to grow over time. She turned around and headed towards the healer, noticing a shinlai behind him. She looked awfully farmiliar. She narrowed her eyes, trying to recall what happened and then it hit her. This was a rather aggressive shinlai, and a darkblood at that. 'Great,' She thought 'Another shinlai to put Laila in danger.' She had met her by a river once. In Tamara...? She wasn't sure. All she knew was that she would probably recognize her as a coward since she ran off that one time.

She couldn't possibly hope to intimidate her. But she was still threatening what she believed to be a neutral man. She looked down at her paws, clenching her teeth. She didn't know what to do. She could get majorly hurt if she intruded upon the darkbloods interrogation of the doctor. But she still needed to fetch the herbs Vipsora had asked for. She slowly approached the two.

"Er, pardon my intrusion-- But sir, I need to ask you if you have anything to help with my friend's pain or injury. We don't want it to get infected. We also might need you to check for any poisons that may have been soaked onto the blade."

She glanced at Rhan for a second and then back to the doctor. Damn, that was like giving her fear away right on the spot. She winced with the side of her face that was turned away from the two.
Back to top Go down
Holyfrap
Friend of Hekili
Holyfrap

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:16 pm

[I'm not gonna join since there's eight pages kickin' now, and I'm way too lazy to read through all of it, but I just wanted to let you guys know that thus far, this is SUPER entertaining omergawd hahahah

*shuffles away* ]
Back to top Go down
http://holyfrap.deviantart.com/
Zukuro
Friend of NooNoo
Zukuro

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:47 pm

[[ amg XD thank you Ny~ I did kinda get lost there^^;; ]]

Jhon was still trying to register all of what had happened, he realized that with all the commotion it was a reasonable assumption he simply fell into the scenery as he didn't outwardly pick a side or get involved. he surveyed the group for a moment, there was quite a bit of distress and he made a step to offer his help but he found a rather stern faced female standing in front of him demanding an explanation of him.
now with a rather large shinlai in his face he examined her carefully, blue eyes scanned her for signs of a snap or swipe. he wasn't so easily spooked.

"I'm a Doctor, I was just passing through, on my way to get supplies for my clinic just north of Norport. when I heard yelling and commotion from the woods I left my horse and mule on the trail to come see what the trouble was but the moment I arrived I was met with sharp stones and it was clear to me I should not step in since no one knew where I came from or if I was a threat. So, here I am." he explained honestly turning his palms up at his sides, a 'non threat' gesture.

he then looked past Rahn at a rather small and fearful looking shinlai approaching him, when she spoke and asked him for help he nodded to her before he turned back to Rahn and bowed to her politely with a tip of his hat, "Excuse me madam." he said, very much trying not to insult her or seem rude as he then stepped aside and away from her to talk to the timid shinlai
"let me have a look" he said softly using a hand motion to tell her 'lead on'

[[ sleepy post is sleepy XD sorry gize I had a really exhausting day and half so I finally get to sleep now for a few hours~! but I wanted to post first so i didn't fall behind again.]]
Back to top Go down
http://zukuro.deviantart.com/
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:44 am

Oh my. Volpes head jerked up when he heard seliusis horns were gone. Just like that. He shuddered suddenly thankful all he had was a sliced up shoulder. It would take a saw to take of his antlers, but they'd never grow back. Most shinlais wouldn't. Selousi could count herself among the lucky.

Volpe recognized the voice of rhan, and easily recognized the unique dark and earth combination she weilded. She was a darkvlood advisor, and a powerful one at that. He hoped she was able to catch the two members of the circle, or at least stopped them from leaving with the prize of a pair of horns.

Volleyball hissed at the approaching human and drew his leg closer, he'd already had one human hurt him today and he wasn't all that willing to let another approach him soon. As he listened though, he heard his title of doctor and quieted his growling. He did, however, continue to leer at him, still unwilling to trust completely. There were few humans who he did trust.

Volleyball growled at vipsora too when she approached, "please." He was being really rather unreasonable, "Don't touch." He spoke with a tone that implied if she did touch it, she was going to regret it very soon.

(Wow volpes a grumpy butt. I'm on my phone sorry if names are spelled wring and things D:)
Back to top Go down
Nyliir
Friend of Hekili
Nyliir

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:07 pm

((omfg "volleyball" I am losing it.

Also, should we wait for Hallow?))
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Ffffffffff autocorrect :I
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:53 pm

(I dunno. I was waiting for you and Distort ;o; But we don't want all this fun violence ending right here! And you've only just joined hehe! VOLLEYBALL. yes omg when i saw it i was cracking up. Well, At least Volpe can try for the olympics.)
Back to top Go down
Nyliir
Friend of Hekili
Nyliir

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:45 am

Rhan snorted when the doctor addressed her as 'madam', but didn't pester him any further. He'd have to be mad to wander in to such a large group of shinlai with hostile intentions. She'd keep an eye on him, just in case.

A smaller female was approaching, Rhan almost didn't recogniser her as the brown shinlai's horns appeared to be freshly cut. But she recalled meeting her once, albeit briefly, her tiny size was not something she would easily forget. The large female frowned beneath her burgundy mask, realising that the Circle members had caused more damage than she first thought. Selousi glanced at her nervously, Rhan grinned maliciously in reply, yet she left her to converse with the human healer.

She considered pursuing the fleeing humans, knocking them from their horse and crushing them. The thought made her very happy, yet she decided against it. If they fled to a campsite, she would likely be outnumbered by Circle members, and things could turn against her. She'd get Brute to come find them with her later.

Hajin ruffled his feathers and left his usual perch to land upon the antlers of a small tan-coloured male. The bird croaked loudly, jumping up and down as others approached his victim. Rhan followed the raven, smiling as she recognised the male shinlai he was torturing.

"La Volpe", she bowed her head in greeting, before remembering he was blind. She feared the small male, despite his blindness and slight size. Information could be more damaging than strength, and Volpe held an awful lot of information.
The metallic scent of blood surrounded him, emanating from a deep wound on his shoulder. Rhan cocked her head, slowly circling the male to get a better look at the gash, ensuring she kept her distance. He was all nerves. Hajin continued his bouncing, and Rhan wondered how long Volpe would tolerate him.

"You would be wise to let someone take care of that for you," she said, as Volpe denied assistance from a shinlai Rhan did not recognise, "or The Fox might lose the use of his leg. A heavy loss, if you ask me."

((I am so sorry if any of my writing makes no sense, I've forgotten how to write properly since I finished school ;n; And omg Shinlai Olympics))
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Volpe shook his head to dislodge the troublesome bird. Probably a crow or raven given its croaks. The raven simply came back to perch once more on him.

<b>La Volpe.</b>

Rhan greeted him simply, and Volpe smiled briefly. "I thought I heard you nearby Rhan, I wish the circumstances were a bit better. " Volpeturned his head to bite the raven - not that it did much good. When he turned his head so turned his antlers and swung the bird out of reach.

At Rhans words Volpe quit his leering at the doctor. He rolled his eyes, "A heavy loss indeed. Forgive me if I'm not so willing to take help from a human." Volpe didn't fuss when the doctor approached again. "Bad experiences you see, " he spoke to the doctor know. Rhan was rift. As much as he despised help from humans, it was a different matter entirely to lose a leg.

"In the area Rhan? I don't imagine Brute is near h'm? I imagine I could hear her coming," he chuckled.

(Omg no I'm imagining Volpe playing beach volleyball xD)
Back to top Go down
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Laila came back into the picture, after having blanked out a bit in fear when Tobias ignored her to torment Volpe. She returned her carving tool to her pocket and approached Selousi, eyes wide open and staring at her friend's horns. "Oh my goodness what did they do to you?" They. As if a girl like Harper could not have done it. In her defense she didn't know. She wasn't there.

((back from vacation! I can post again!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking in Shadows   Walking in Shadows - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Walking in Shadows
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: Grab your masks, it's RP time :: The Village-
Jump to: