Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Silas's Den

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Silas
Admin
Silas

Silas's Den - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Silas winced only slightly at Denton's words. He turned his attention to the new shinlai for a moment, before focusing again.
"Denton," He began, "As my brother and my closest friend I want you to accept me and whomever I see fit to stand by me. I don't expect you to be best friends or even like her. What I hope is that for my happiness you will accept her as my mate and treat each other with respect." Silas's words came out soothingly and diplomatically, a usefull skill he picked up from his father.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Denton could feel his heart slowly sinking as his brother's words, as true and honest as they were, only brought him closer and closer to a emotional breakdown.

"As my brother and my closest friend I want you to accept me and whomever I see fit to stand by me. I don't expect you to be best friends or even like her. What I hope is that for my happiness you will accept her as my mate and treat each other with respect."

A silence hung over the two Kordeths as Denton let the words sink in, a deep sigh escaping his parted lips. He hung his head and gave in, "I understand." Refusing to look at his brother he stood up and turned to face the way he came, and casting a sorrowful glance back, he whispered, "I was hoping you did, too..."

He wanted to leave, but the hopes to save his family were greater, so he hesitated for a moment, hoping Silas would speak up and say something worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:33 pm

"Denton," Silas stood up, calling for his attention, "Don't just leave like that. What is the matter?" He took a step toward Denton, hoping he wouldn't shut him out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:47 am

His brother called to him, and Denton turned to face him, "Don't just leave like that. What is the matter?"

He met Silas's gaze and shook his head, he didn't want to cause a scene, but it was already too late for that. He didn't want these other Shinlai to judge him, he was only trying to save his family.

The words slowly came together as Denton brought himself to speak, "I came here to talk to you, Brother, I wanted to say I was sorry for what I said, how I yelled at you." He paused for a moment, gathering his thoughts, "I've been fighting to keep the rest of what's left of the Kordeth family together, and I thought that you had finally understood... But now you show up with this female, declare her your mate, and expect Darius and I to be understanding? I mean, yes, Dad isn't going to like this, but what about me?"

He shook his head and fought back sobs, "Do you ever think of someone besides yourself? I don't need another family member walking out on me, Silas, and I'm not gonna let you tear this family apart for your own needs. This isn't about you or your mate, this about us and the Kordeth family."
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 3:53 am

Ananth could only watch from her place on the side. She felt she had no place in this argument, even if it was about her. She didn't understand the deep, true meanings of it. She took a deep breath, eyes on Denton.

"I'll go anywhere with him." she finally said, softly, lifting her head a little. "I'd... I'd become a Darkblood, for him." She glanced at Silas, taking another deep breath, to keep herself steady as she looked at Denton again.
"I don't want to tear your family apart.." She looked between them. "Just become... part of it." She set her head on her front paws again, taking a shaky breath. She could, on some level, sympathize with Denton's desperation. She knew what it was like to lose a family. But she wasn't about to lay out some sob story for him.

She looked at the grass. "And if it has to be done, I will leave." she said, finally, and then went quiet. The last part was as if she were talking to herself, really.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:42 am

Silas opened his mouth to speak when Ananth began to speak. His jaw dropped completely at what she said and he looked at her with a mix of shock and disbelief.
"You'd what?" It still didn't quite register. Silas sat down and looked back at his brother composing himself. He remained quite letting Ananth speak with Denton.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:49 am

Denton had hoped that the female wouldn't say anything, but when her shy voice spoke up, a chill ran down his spine. "I don't want to tear your family apart.." He met her pale gaze, "Just become... part of it."

He opened his mouth to protest, but Silas quickly turned to face his mate, a worried look in his eyes. Denton felt embarrased, he didn't want to start a fight, he just wanted to talk with his brother.

Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 12:53 pm

She looked at Silas, taking a deep breath. "It wouldn't be a large step." She said softly. "I never cared about Daila." she was never even social with other Shinlai, until most recently. She didn't know what Alkyone would think of her if she did, but she cared far more for Silas.
she looked to Denton again, then shifted to stand and carefully back away from the two of them. That was all she was willing to interject, now it seemed to be their discussion and she felt distinctly like she was intruding.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Silas looked to her inspecting her facial expression. Slowly he turned his head to look back at Denton,
"Like she said..." he took a deep breath before continuing more confidantly, "I don't want to elope with her i'm trying to bring us all together, she would be one of us brother."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 4:47 pm

Nootau didn't intervene, only listened to the conversation, he was surprised to see how well Denton was taking everything. It was a shock when Ananth said she'd turn Darkblood, but then again, Nootau knew she'd do anything to be by Silas's side, just like he would for her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 11:51 pm

The other two Shinlai directed their full attention to Denton and he could feel his heart begin to race. He began to paw nervously at the ground, a slight dizziness overwhelming him for a brief moment.

"I don't want to elope with her i'm trying to bring us all together, she would be one of us brother."

One of us? He thought, trying to imagine the blue Shinlai alongside the Kordeth family. Denton turned to look at Silas's mate, she was a beautiful creature, a slender and elegant body, and a softness in her eyes. He couldn't understand why Silas would want to corrupt such a pure creature.

Denton shook his head and sighed, "You must really love her, don't you?"
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 12:19 am

Silas eyed Denton almost pleadingly, "Yes." He replied confidantly.

(Short and to the point XD)
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 12:23 am

Ananth moved just within the treeline, laying down carefully between some brush. She watched the two brothers intently, too nervous to lay her head down, even. the last thing she wanted to do was be the one to break up the two, let alone the whole family.
She met Denton's gaze when she noticed him watching her. She was nothing if not loyal, and willing to give so much to be with Silas.
Her eyes trailed to the dark Shinlai and she settled down a bit. Then she just waited. and listened. She visily relaxed at Silas' lack of hesitation in answering that question.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 10:15 am

Silas’s answer came as no surprise, and Denton knew he would lose this battle. If Silas meant what he said, and so did this female, nothing would stop them. He took in a deep breath and sat back down, trying to calm himself and be rational about the situation.

“Look,” he began, glancing between Silas and the female, “you know as much as I do that Darius isn’t the most easy-going, carefree, and relaxed kind of guy. He’s not going to take this lightly, or just not at all.” He paused to make sure they were paying attention, then he continued, “As I said earlier, Darius isn’t in the greatest mood right now, I recommend holding this off for now. That and Brute’s in the area and she’s never in a good mood…. The two aren’t a great combination right now.”
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Silas nodded slowly contemplating Denton's words. He glanced back at Ananth for a moment then looked back at his brother,
"You're right." He said finally,
"What do you think we should do?" Silas relied on his brother often and knew he might have a helpful suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:23 pm

"What do you think we should do?"

"I say we wait until you can catch your father alone, in a good mood" Nootau took a step forward as he spoke, he wasn't usually one to interupt, especially a conversation between Silas and Denton, knowing his place bellow them, but he wanted to share his opinion as well before something was decided "That or lure Brute away somehow and try talking to Darius"
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 4:17 pm

Silas gave Nootau an admonishing glare. Denton was shy and being interrupted wasn't going to encourage him to talk. He softened his expression once Nootau had finished speaking and thought about it.
"It would probably be best to wait, Brute doesn't listen to anyone except my father." He continued to think before grinning and staring at Denton. It was an all knowing evil grin, which usually ment Silas was up to something.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Nootau backed away with the glare Silas threw at him "S-Sorry" he muttered and sat back down.
Back to top Go down
Rocket
Friend of Adlai
Rocket

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:40 pm

Scylla's face became hot as she realized the conflict she'd stumbled upon. She noticed the fox had lay on the ground a few meters from the four Shinlai, watching the tense conversation with an unending stare. Scylla tiptoed over to the fox and grabbed it in her paws. She winced as it yelped and struggled, trying to run away, but backed into the trees. Suddenly, the fox kicked free and raced back to the feet of the male water Shinlai. Scylla's eyes widened; should she run? Should she apologize?

((I guess I should slap it on Scylla's ref that she's really rude and defiant))
((being a poor writer, I overuse participial phrases))
((the fox isn't hurt or dead gaiz))
((okay now she releases the fox because if she hadn't caught it in the first place, she wouldn't have been able to join the Shinlai soap opera))
((Scylla's not gonna eat the spitty carcass, that's unsanitary. Her mother taught her better))
((another unnecessary footnote))

Last edited by Rocket on Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://rocketsicle.deviantart.com
Alana
Admin
Alana

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 4:19 pm

Denton nervously pawed the group, playing with a few blades of grass, until his brother spoke up and asked him, "What do you think we should do?"Holding his gaze, Denton pursed his lips and began to think.

He was distracted when Nootau began to speak, ""I say we wait until you can catch your father alone, in a good mood." Denton glanced to the larger red Shinlai, That's probably best, he thought, not wanting to speak his mind until he figured something out. "That or lure Brute away somehow and try talking to Darius."

That might work.

Denton looked up and glanced between the two, his heart pounding in his chest. He began to nod, agreeing with Nootau's suggested plan, "T-that might work." Brute had never met the red Shinlai before, which could prove useful in getting Ananth into the mountain without Brute spotting her. But that was only one problem down.

"No. No. We still have Linx, and Darius being in a bad mood, too."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silas's Den   Silas's Den - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Silas's Den
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: Grab your masks, it's RP time :: The Library - Storyline Roleplay-
Jump to: