Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Coastal Retreat

Go down 
+8
Arukardis
TheAlbinoBunny
Silas
Morganism135
Rocket
Rondun
Khrests
Forrgotenrose
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:41 pm

Right I know you may all want to jump ahead and dive into the Rp, but please read this first.

The first and most important rule is NO FIGHTING what so ever. Play fighting is fine, but if blood is drawn then I will be annoyed and upset that you ignored this rule. And if you try to provoke a reaction from someone with the intention of a fight, I’ll contact an admin over it. Yes it’s a long rule but there is no excuse for a fight.

This Rp is for everyone who wishes to join, Daila supporters, Darkbloods and neutrals alike. And I’ve been told to say that Adlai and Rondun are banned. But I reckon it would be a good idea to keep the Darkblood Elites out too. (Darius, Brute and Linx)

There are two ‘areas’ in this Rp, the beach and a cave/cavern system, so if you don’t like someone in one area feel free to move to the other.

Otherwise have enjoy yourselves and let the fun begin!

---------------------

During the day the coast was a beautiful place, its pristine golden sands stretching down the coast, occasionally interrupted by an outcrop of rock, the blue sea going forever into the horizon. At night however, it looked magical, white sand merging into the black waters, and the sea uniting with the sky, reflecting the bright stars and pale moon.

The night sky glistened with the tiny pinprick of thousands of stars. The full moon shone its cool light onto the beach, turning the normally golden sand white. The tide was in and the tall waves crashed onto the shore with an almost soothing sound. Beneath the waves a bright coral reef marked the deep drop to the ocean floor bed, the depths dark and murky at night and the coral dull and uninteresting.

A fresh breeze swept in from the sea carrying the sharp tang of salt on the air. The broad beach backed up to tall cliffs, with many footpaths crisscrossing the rock face, creating numerous paths down to the shore. There were large arches created from the sea eroding the rock for countless years. In some places the arches roofs had collapsed creating tall pillars of rock out to sea, upon which birds would often nest during the summer.

The beach was dotted with large boulders and rocks, which had fallen from the cliff many years ago, creating vantage points to survey the coastline from. At the base of the cliff were many pools of water, each with their own little environment, filled with strange sea plants and animals. It wasn’t unusual to see Shinlai bounding along the crisp sands, gambolling around the rocks, and pups playing in the abundant rock pools.

At the foot of the cliff were several large caves leading back into the earth. If you were to venture deep enough the winding cave system opened out into a huge cavern, filled with stalagmites and stalactites. An expansive pool of water covered the floor reflecting any light that entered, creating beautiful patterns on the walls and ceiling, the perfect getaway from the brightness of day, or maybe even the darkness of night. And that peaceful place had been Alkyone’s home for the past few days.

Alkyone left the caves yawning widely. She’s been asleep most the day and had only just woken up, preferring to travel at night when it was cool and dark. She padded out onto the soft white sand and stretched, cat like, before bounding onto the top of a large boulder nearby. She settled down and folded her paws on top of each other, resting her chin on them, and staring out across the sea. She didn’t live by the coast but she did enjoy coming here often to get away and spend some time to herself, however this time it wasn’t a sightseeing stop. “It’s a beautiful night.” She said softly staring up at the large, bright moon.

Last edited by Forrgotenrose on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:00 am

| Is Silas a Darkblood elite? :C |

As she finally crested the ridge of rock Eshe paused to take a deep, appreciative breath, inhaling all the scents of the area. the water, salt, sand, even some of the damp soil of the caves below her.
eyes closed she tipped her head into the wind, letting it rustle the fur about her face and neck, before she gave a vigorous shake and opened her eyes, mouth set in a wide grin.

She finally took in the area with her eyes, casting them over the water, then the sand,whens he was finally done she had done a full circle.
She finally set her gaze on a slope that could be descended. She wasted no time in bounding over to it. Pausing at the top she cocked her head to one side, then the other, examining it before she bounced back a step and bounded down it. By the end of the slope she was running so fast she could not have readily stopped.
and she didn't want to.

She threw her head back as she veered to run over the sand, closing her eyes in utter pleasure as she just ran. she opened them when she felt water on her feet, running full tilt along he shallows, where the water only crested her ankles. She looked behind her at the water she kicked in her wake, glittering in the moonlight, and laughed.
so utterly engrossed in this experience she didn't even notice the water Shinlai she streaked past, even as she started to slow and come to a stop not fifty feet away.

Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:29 am

((Nah I don't count him as one))

Alkyone snapped her head around and tensed automatically as a small light brown Shinlai raced past her. She blinked and tried to get her bearings as the female race across the sands and through the smaller waves. Leaving a glittering trail behind her. She gave a slight shake to loosen her muscles. I should be more alert, I don’t want to mess up first time around. She thought to herself. However she smiled as the female laughed before slowing to a stop not too far away.

“It’s a nice night isn’t it?” Alk said not moving from her rock but smiling over at them. Alk wasn’t worried about her been a foe, she’s been at the coast long enough to know hostile Shinlai were rare.
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:03 pm

(Lol it's times like these that I'm happy we came up with Sitka and Larkein XD even if we did use the Elites in here, hon, I doubt they would have started anything <3)

She inhaled deeply as the chilled sea breeze gently brushed against her fur, sending a cooling sensation down her neck and spine. Larkein relaxed, her head resting atop her forepaws as she closed her eyes, allowing herself to sink softly into the sand. It was good to get away from home for a while. The Elites had had Sitka running around like a cock with his head cut off. Which meant Lark was having to carry both their weights in work back at the reserve.

Once the orders stopped coming in, she took full advantage of the opportunity to get away.

"Not that I don't wish he were here with me."
she thought to herself as she began to drift off.

The sound of legs breaking the waves of the ocean brought her out of her daze. Almost instinctively, Larkein opened her eyes and lifted her head up to scan the shallow shoreline of the beach. A lone Shinlai bounded through the water, an expression of sheer pleasure shown on her face in the pale light of the moon. Lark blinked a couple times and shifted her attention to another figure up by the rocks, dark coloration almost invisible against the night sky.

She rose and stretched, still feeling a bit stiff, then trotted over to where the second Shinlai was idly perched atop one of the beaches many boulders.

“It’s a nice night isn’t it?” The Shinlai smiled as she called out to the other in the shallows.

The Water female from before became more and more recognizable as Larkein drew closer. Grinning, Lark slowed to a stop next to her boulder and sat down, her tail wrapped loosely about her paws. "Beautiful," Lark agreed, calling up to the Shinlai, her smile growing wider as the other female turned towards her in surprise "It isn't often I get to come out to this part of Elaisha."
Back to top Go down
http://oddosprey.deviantart.com/
Rocket
Friend of Adlai
Rocket

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:33 pm

Scylla's head emerged from the water with a splash. She gasped for air, shaking away the huge crab that had grabbed onto her paw. "Ugh!" she cried as the crab plunked back into the sea. "I hate the beach." She was trying to break her breath-holding record of six minutes and forty seconds, but only three had passed before the crabs and jellies finally broke her concentration. How she wished she were a water Shinlai... like Denton and Alkyone! Then maybe it'd be easier to stay underwater for a while. She looked around at the beach... what a beautiful place it was. Scylla dragged herself from the water, her fur dripping wet, and made her way across the soft white sands to the rocky outcrop that obscured the cave entrance. "What's this...?" She looked down into the sand at the tracks leading from the cavern and followed them with her eyes... there was Alkyone on a rock not far away!

"Hiii, Alkyone!" yelled Scylla, scrambling onto the cliff with her soaking claws.
Back to top Go down
http://rocketsicle.deviantart.com
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:41 pm

Eshe paused in her revelry to look over her shoulder at the large female that called out to her, blinking. She kicked some of the water off of her feet as she turned around, casting one more look to the water, and headed over toward sthe gathering group of females.

she had been so caught up in her own fun she hadn't noticed /any/ of these other shinlai!
She could be as oblivious as a boulder sometimes. She tilted her head as she glanced at the group, but didn't reply to the water Shinlai. she seemed to have been mistaken, as far as she could tell, the female seemed to have been talking to another shinlai instead.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:46 pm

"Beautiful," said another voice. "It isn't often I get to come out to this part of Elashia."

Alkyone jumped slightly and turned to see another Female Shinlai sat by the bolder. She smiled at her and nodded in agreement. “It is, isn’t it, I try to come here any chance I get.” She replied resting her head on her paws and watching the new Shinlai from the corner of her eyes. “What’s your name?” She asked. She glance up and noticed the first female padded closer, “and you.” She said with a smile. “What is your name too?”

There was a scrabble of claws and a soaking wet Scylla climbed onto the rock next to her. Water drops sailing through the air and splattering Alkyone. She gave Scylla a gentle nudge on the shoulder, “hey you.” She said quietly.

((ahh soo many females!))
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 1:42 pm

Eshe's eyes had turned to the water again, and she was slowly veering in that direction when she heard the water Shinlai speak to her. So she paused, and sat and focused her attention on the water Shinlai once again.
"Me?" She cocked her head to the side.
"My name is Eshe." she said, burying her front paws in the sad, flexing them beneath to feel it.

"what's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 1:58 pm

"Larkein," she nodded in response.

"Me? My name is Eshe." The other female replied soon after, "what's your name?" she added.

Before they could say anything more, a new Shinlai scrambled up the rock. "Hiii, Alkyone!" the newest arrival addressed the large female.

"Alkyone?" She thought as the two greeted each other, "Well that answers that question." The two females obviously knew each other. Larkein turned her attention to the Balanced Shinlai in front of her, Eshe, and smiled politely. She then looked back up at the Dark Shinlai on the rock and asked "How about you? What's your name?"

(THEY'RE EVERYWHEREEE~~)
Back to top Go down
Rocket
Friend of Adlai
Rocket

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 3:21 pm

Scylla looked at the two Shinlai who were talking to Alkyone and smiled. "I'm Scylla!" She said confidently. "And who might you two be?" Scylla rudely shook her fur, sending drops of water everywhere.
Back to top Go down
http://rocketsicle.deviantart.com
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 3:24 pm

“My name is Alkyone, Alkyone Zabatos. And Scylla is my mate’s sister.” She answered, inclining her head to the two females. Blinking as Scylla flicked water everywhere. She stretched on the rock and rested with her paws hanging of the edge. As she glanced at Lakein her eyes spotted something.

“That’s interesting, where did you get it?” She asked looking at the bracelet on Larkein’s front left leg. She briefly glanced at the two bracelets around her hind legs. She had gotten them for helping a small human community on her travels, they needed fish for the winter, and she had got them fish. She’d worn them for years and wasn’t entirely sure if they’d even come off now.

((We need a good looking male to fawn over...))
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Mel walked onto the beach, the sand soft under her feet. She walked to the top of the dune and noticed many shinlai gathered together and just... talking? Curious, she walked closer, noticing Alkyone, she walked faster over to the group. When she got there, she heard Alk say, “My name is Alkyone, Alkyone Zabatos. And Scylla is my mate’s sister." then she said to one female, "That’s interesting, where did you get it?” She walked up to the group but stopped, not knowing if the were meeting on purpose, or if just coincidence...
((Pssht. You don't need a male, it's ladies night! And with Alk and Scylla on a rock on top of the other females, for all Mel knows, it might be some sort of secret society))
Back to top Go down
http://issamorg.deviantart.com/
Silas
Admin
Silas

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 5:55 pm

(A handsome male you say?)

As Silas approached the beach he quickly noticed the group of females gathered near a large boulder. He approached them quickly pickong out a few familiar scents. To his surprise the group was made up completely of females. He eyed them a little apprehensively,
"Ladies." His voice boomed clearly.

(Is scylla a darkblood, I cannot quite remember. XD)
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 6:07 pm

| and Silas says: Llllaaaadies. Bv |

Once no one was actually talking to her directly Eshe strayed slowly from the group. She rounded the other sid eof the rock, picking at the sand there. she poked an interesting spiral shell into the bag around her neck, then poked through she sand.
She gave a surprised exclamation when a small, determined crab latched onto her forepaw and refused to let go as she shook at it. "agh!" she grunted backing up.

Meanwhile, looming like some... great thing that looms, Aderyn found himself standing on the bluff overlooking the beach. He cast his head side to side, letting his gaze sweep the beach, and its inhabitants. then gruffly shook his head when a stray bird attempted to alight on his horn.
He snorted softly, in that bull-like way he did. Like a disgruntled ox. then he padded along slowly to the path down to the beach, the one which Eshe had used just before.
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 7:28 pm

"I'm Larkein," Lark repeated to the Dark Shinlai, she nodded, "Nice to meet you Scylla."

“That’s interesting, where did you get it?” Alkyone was looking down from her rock at Lark's wrist. The bracelet Sitka had given her years before glistened softly in the pale light.

"Oh that?" she replied, "It was--"

"Ladies." A male voice boomed over the rocks behind them.

Larkein stiffened and turned in the direction of the oncoming male Shinlai. The wind sending his scent in her direction like a thousand tiny needles as she instantly recognized the Kordeth son. "Oh." she stated in an almost indifferent, monotonous voice, "it's you." She was not impressed. Figuring she'd be there a while, Lark laid down, crossed her paws, and relaxed. "Figures one of them would come." she thought, grateful at least that it hadn't been one of Sitka's superiors.

(LOL Silas! <3)
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:07 pm

"Oh that? It was--" she was cut off by another voice.

”Ladies.” A deep voice said.

Alkyone tensed as she heard his voice. The last time she had heard it he had kidnapped Vera, it had been awhile since she last saw him. She gritted her teeth determined not to get grumpy. She forced a smile. “Silas dear you should know better than to interrupt ladies while they gossip.” She said sarcastically.

Looking past him she saw Mel and nodded to her smiling. She turned back to face Larkein and Eshe and paused as she noticed Eshe was missing. Glancing around, she eventually found her digging in the sand for interesting this. Stopping to look at the occasional shell.

Movement by the cliff caught her attention and she saw a dark figure moving down the cliff path. She narrowed her eyes trying to see who it was, lazily sending out a few clicks of echolocation. Large curved horns, short tail and huge build told her it was most likely Aderyn.

She turned back to Larkein. "Any way, where were we?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:29 pm

Lark looked back towards Alk and laughed, "It was a gift from my mate," she replied, blushing as she peered back down at the piece. "He should be somewhere nearby," she added, "I never know what he's up to though."

She turned to greet the apprehensive Air Shinlai nearby and smiled warmly. Finally noticing Alkyone's alert posture, Larkein perked up and tried to concentrate on what the Water Shinlai had seen on the horizon line. Only to be disappointed to have numerous rocks obscuring her view. She smirked as she turned back towards the other female, "How about you? Do you have a mate?" she asked, only vaguely remembering the Earth Shinlai from before.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Silas bristled a little suddenly feeling very out of place. He looked up at Alkyone taking a deep breath,
"You haven't seen Ananth by any chance?" He asked in a mildly irritated tone. Silas had been looking for her for a better part of the day, with no results.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:53 pm

"You haven't seen Ananth by any chance?" Silas asked looking irritated and nervous.

"whats up? Uncomfortable been surrounded by women?" she asked smirking. But she shook her head anyway. "No but Aderyn's heading down the cliff face, he might of seen her." she said jerking her head towards the cliff, before turning back to Larkein.

"It was a gift from my mate," Lark replied looking at the bracelet. "How about you? Do you have a mate?" She asked.

Alkyone smiled and nodded. “Yes I do, his name is Dagda. He isn’t here though,” she said her smile dropping slightly. “He’s back at home.” She said wrinkling her nose. “He’s probably fretting about me, again.” She said absentmindedly. She shook her head and neck making her fur fluff up and causing her look fat, before it slowly fell back in place.
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:10 pm

"Aderyn!" The female voice yelled, breathless, as she crested the ridge and skidded down the slope after him. "Addy! don't walk away like that." She panted. "It's not fair, you know I can't keep up, that is /not/ how you end a conversation!"
nanth puffed as she finally skidded down onto the flatter surface of sand, and almost toppled before she could avoid running right into Aderyn's backside.

Aderyn glanced back at her idly, and gave an exasperated sigh. "I was hoping to get away from you for a while. I can hardly think." He gave another soft snort. Ananth stared and snorted back, more or less mocking how he did it.

Eshe glanced up when she heard them, even the crab on her paw seemed to still at the shouting, before finally dropping off and quickly scuttling away down its hole. She wrinkled her nose when she watched it. "Stand in sand, what a little nipper." She muttered to herself, eyes trailing up to the caves.
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:15 pm

Larkein tilted her head back over her shoulder, "Not a clue," she replied to Silas's inquiry.

“Yes I do, his name is Dagda. He isn’t here though,” Alkyone said, a saddened expression appearing across her face. “He’s back at home. He’s probably fretting about me, again.”

This last comment made Lark chuckle lightly. "They do do that, don't they?" she sighed as she found herself thinking of her own mate and how overprotective he could be, "I'm sure he understands when you need your space." She smiled softly at the irony of her sentiment and stared down at her feet. The tiny bits of sand accumulated in her fur like minuscule magnets to metal, "Well that's attractive." she joked to herself.

She straightened as the sounds of a quarrel could be heard from the hillside. "I wonder what's going on?" she thought, suddenly interested.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:46 pm

Alkyone chuckled with Lark. "They do do that, don't they?” They both fell silent for a moment. ”I'm sure he understands when you need your space." She said smiling.

Alkyone smiled nervously. “Yeah he does, when he asked to be my mate I ran and hid for a week.” She said putting a paw over her eyes in embarrassment.

She perked up as she heard an exclamation from behind. “That is not how you end a conversation!” She heard a familiar voice shout.

“Hey Silas I found Ananth” She said smirking but not looking at him. “Sounds like their having a tiff though so I’d wait if I were you.” She added.
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Coming down from a top the hillside Zeke heard some chattering down near the coast so he decided to make his way on down to see what was going on.
Back to top Go down
http://Thealbinobunny.deviantart.com
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Mel watched as things unfolded around her, she let her mind wader. She looked up and saw a male shinlai coming down from a dune. She smiled and waved a little wave. It was far from a girls night, at this point, so why not be nice? Why not just be frindly? It might become a party!
Back to top Go down
http://issamorg.deviantart.com/
Silas
Admin
Silas

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 12:28 am

"Enjoy your evening." He said coldly turning away from the group. Silas avoided where Aderyn was supposedly at, walking back from where he came. Sniffing the air he caught Aderyn's scent, but it was mingled with another familiar scent.
'You've got to be kidding me...' he thought to himself,
'Typical.' Though he cared deeply for Ananth, he went out of his way to avoid her brother. Silas waited where he was at, deciding what to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coastal Retreat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat Empty

Back to top Go down

Coastal Retreat
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next