Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Coastal Retreat

Go down 
+8
Arukardis
TheAlbinoBunny
Silas
Morganism135
Rocket
Rondun
Khrests
Forrgotenrose
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Coastal Retreat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:31 pm

“So if your his aunt, then whom is his mum and dad?”

Nill paused and looked up at Alk from under her imense fluff "Kohinoor and Nootau, do you know them perhaps?"

(how far off is Kohi and the other two? o3o this is getting good)
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:22 am

Mel watched as her mate sat down and started to explain to her, "You know... you know I was never too good with Shinlai right...? Well... there's a good reason for that." He continued, telling her his life story from when he remembered, his years spent with humans, his lack of Shinlai contact, his parent's absence... Mel already knew that he spent much time travelling back and forth between human and Shinlai communities, but she never heard the reason of such actions.
When he stopped, she sat down by him, giving him a hug.
"I hope this doesn't affect us..." he said, making her smile a little. "Rhinonau," she started, tying to make it sound at least a little formal... And not quite succeeding. "It will take a lot moren then that to change anything. We'll find your parents! I don't care if we have to search every nook and cranny; we'll find them!" she nuzzled her mate, he needed it in her opinion... and she would hate for him to be sad and was always happy to give him a smile. She jumped when a voice from behind her said, "It isn't very nice to put the nice traveling shinlai on edge with all your noise." Slightly shocked, Mel looks as a green, yellow, and red shinlai comes into her line of sight. Shrinking against Rhin, Mel replies, "Well... I didn't quite see, or hear, you there... And I don't know about Rhin here, but you were very quiet in your approach." Mel had time to notice someone was on the back of the shinlai, bafore the new shinlai asked, "You haven't been around a small Shinlai named Nill lately, have you?" Mel blinked in surprise, "Uh, yes... She's over there." she said, motioning back the way she and Rhin had left. "Keep going until you find a giant pile of a purple water shinlai. Can't miss her, she'd groom you. Nill's probably near her"
((Poor Rhin... So close, yet so far... And I couldn't find kookoo's text color, so I used green. Now that thy're in the same clearing; will Noonoo appear? One big family reunion/ meet the parents?))
Back to top Go down
http://issamorg.deviantart.com/
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:34 am

Alkyone gave a bark of laughed at Nill’s words, however she soon fell silent at the severity of her words. She looked down at Nill. “What?” she croaked. “You mean ‘NooNoo’ and ‘KooKoo’ are his parents? I’ve met Kohinoor once and only very briefly... Nootau how ever... I’ve met him a few times and not under the best of circumstances...” she dwindled off thinking of those days she had met him, a fight between Elites and a rockslide... She straitened up and glanced around for Rhin and Mel. They weren’t in sight.

Her breathing increased and became rapid as she thought of Nootau and who he hung out around, if Rhin was his son... Then Mel could be in danger, not from Rhin or his father, but the people he associated with. She took a deep breath slowly curling her claws into the sand. She didn’t want to show her aggravation, not when Nill was so weak. Alk was unsure if she knew of what her brother did, and she wasn’t going to be the one to tell her, or at least not when she was in this state.

She took a second deep breath. “Are you still hungry? I think Siren is getting more fish.” She said, flicking sand at Reza. “Or would you rather have a drink? There’s some fresh water in the cave, I can get you some of that if you’d like?” She added thinking of the large pool of water. She needed to go back to the caves at some point anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Jeep-the-dragon
Friend of Silas
Jeep-the-dragon

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:22 am

Reza giggled when Alkyone flicked sand at her, “Hay!” She said as she gets up and flicked sand back at her, “Take that Alkyone.” Reza started to run behind Shukiern trying to hide from Alkyone.

Siren just came out of the water and set all the fish in the middle. “I caught as much as I can, eat up.” Siren gives everyone a smile and gives one to Reza. “Reza, why are you hiding?” Siren said wile looking at Alkyone and Nill.

“I’m hiding from Alkyone.” Said Reza, hoping Alkyone is not listening. Shhh… I’m not here”

“Is that so, okay then, when your ready I have a fish for you.” Siren walked over to Alkyone and Nill and sat next to them wile munching on one of the fish she caught. Siren looks at Nill and said, “How do you feel Nill? You’re feeling better now?”
Back to top Go down
Arukardis
Friend of Vera
Arukardis

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 4:03 pm

"Rhinonau, it will take a lot more then that to change anything. We'll find your parents! I don't care if we have to search every nook and cranny; we'll find them!" said Mel giving Rhin a soft nudge. It felt so reassuring to hear those words, specially from his mate. He nuzzled as to say 'Thank you' and licked her neck, just before he noticed a green and red Shinali approaching. She carried a familiar scent with her. There was a human with her.

"It isn't very nice to put the nice traveling shinlai on edge with all your noise." Shrinking against Rhin, Mel replied "Well... I didn't quite see, or hear, you there... And I don't know about Rhin here, but you were very quiet in your approach." Rhin didn't say a word, but he had noticed the female and her company before his mate. He wasn't in the mood to talk to a strange Shinlai right now.

"You haven't been around a small Shinlai named Nill lately, have you?" Rhin watched his mate blink in surprise as she replied unsurely "Uh, yes... She's over there. Keep going until you find a giant pile of a purple water shinlai. Can't miss her, she'd groom you. Nill's probably near her"

With that said, Rhin hoped the newcomers would just leave so he could rest a little. His head was hurting a bit. But yet he couldn't help to feel curious about what was their business with his newfound aunt.

"Pardon me me for asking, but how do you know Nill?" He didn't add any more information, for he was trained to try to know about things without compromising his own situation. At times like these, Rhin was just too dramatic. He always considers the world a battlefield and acts caustiously. It's just his nature.

((Ohhhh this is getting GOOD.))
Back to top Go down
http://arukardis.deviantart.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 5:50 pm

“What? “You mean ‘NooNoo’ and ‘KooKoo’ are his parents? I’ve met Kohinoor once and only very briefly... Nootau how ever... I’ve met him a few times and not under the best of circumstances...”

Nill nodded and added "Yes, I know my brother isn't under the best influences..." she stares down with a slight sigh "But he can be a good person when he wants to. "

“Are you still hungry? I think Siren is getting more fish. Or would you rather have a drink? There’s some fresh water in the cave, I can get you some of that if you’d like?”

Nill chuckled and when Reza flicked sand back at Alkyone, then lay her head down against the sand. "I..I would like some more to eat and a drink if possible...I'm sorry if i'm asking for too much..."
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 4:25 am

Alkyone grinned as Reza flicked sand back before hiding from her. “Ohh I wonder where Reza is…” She said with a grin. She could see a long brown tail flicking back and forth from behind Shukiern.

She paid attention as Nill spoke up. "I… I would like some more to eat and a drink if possible...I'm sorry if I’m asking for too much..." She said her head on the sand.

“Don’t be silly, your more than welcome to ask for what you need.” Alkyone said slowly climbing to her feet. “To be honest you look as though you could fall asleep.” She added giving her fur a slight shake. “Rest, I’ll be back in a moment.” She said, flicking a bit more sand at Reza’s tail.

With those words she turned and bounded away across the sand, her long legs propelling her across the sand. She could faintly make out the light coloured fur of Rhin and Mel close together, she nearly padded over to them but held back, unsure if they would want her there. Later, Nill needs water first. She thought turning away. She padded into the caves and headed through the seemingly endless corridors with determination. She could faintly hear the voice of Silas and Ananth talking somewhere, their voices echoing through the rough stone passageways. She sighed quietly. I need to speak to those two at some point. She thought reluctantly. She disliked her job, however it was something that had to be done. She continued trotting through the caves and slowed as she came to a vast clear lake.

She had needed to get something from the back of the cave. She slipped into the lake and swum smoothly to the other side of the cavern. The water was cool but not overly so. She swam quickly and climbed out when she reached the other side. Right at the back of the cave was a crack about as wide as her two paws. She quickly reached in and snagged something at the back with her claw. She carefully withdrew a large tattered leather bag, whose contents clanked slightly. She was thankful for hiding the bag as she had smelt Rhin, Mel, Scylla and another she didn’t recognize, through out the cave. She didn’t want them finding it and going through it. She quickly pawed through it and pulled out a long metal flask, she filled it with water before swimming across the lake again. Making sure to hold the bag high out of the water.

It wasn’t long before she came to the cave entrance again, not far off from Mel and Rhin, the leather bag slung around her neck. She stopped and watched them for a moment. Debating about going over to them. She caught two unfamiliar scents on the breeze. One Shinlai and one human. She frowned to herself. What is a human doing here? There’s lots of Shinlai here and I doubt all of them are friendly… with out realizing she had started creeping towards the source of the scent… the same direction as Rhin and Mel were stood.

((Huge post is from sheer boredom at college :/))
Back to top Go down
Aereosa
Friend of Wrynn
Aereosa

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:16 pm

Hmm... I guess I was. Do you think I was rather quiet, Makat? Kohinoor called up to her companion. Makat, once she had spotted the other shinlai, had quietly tied on her white mask and had remained silent through the beginning of the conversation. This time, asked by her friend for her opinion, the older human pondered her answer. Well, you usually are pretty loud, Kohinoor, and why in the world are you wondering about Nill? She studied the two shinlai, one with an unusual mane and the second a little blander coloring. Mates maybe? They certainly looked nice together.

"Pardon me me for asking, but how do you know Nill?"

Kohinoor turned to give the male a once over and then it hit her. The female had called him 'Rhin' and that named held special meaning to the fire shinlai. She's my mate's sister, but never mind that. She called you Rhin, right? She nodded in Mel's direction politely.

Because I had a son who went by Rhin.

(AND THE FACT-BOMB HAS BEEN DROPPED) LA
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 8:26 am

Looking at the others it seemed as they all were caught up in something so serious they did not even notice he and Scylla had returned. He caught the smell of fish in the air and moved toward being rather hungry after exploring the caves, so he thought he'd go grab two one for him, and one for Scylla.

But seeing the a fluffly looking purple shinlai who looked as if she knew what was going on he walked towards her asking "So what is so happening that is so exciting here?" me and my mate just came from the caves so we are a bit out of the loop.

(((Kinda a odd post, but I wanted to jump back in somehow)))
Back to top Go down
http://Thealbinobunny.deviantart.com
Rocket
Friend of Adlai
Rocket

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:47 pm

((Aw eff I thought I'd already posted. SORRY BUNNY D: ))

Scylla accepted Zeke's gracious offering, a long silver fish, and tore at it with her teeth as they walked. The pair emerged at the entrance of the cavern; "Zeke's navigation skills are so much better than mine," thought Scylla. She absentmindedly raked the sand with her claws as Zeke spoke with Alkyone.

((shortpostftw))
Back to top Go down
http://rocketsicle.deviantart.com
Arukardis
Friend of Vera
Arukardis

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 1:12 pm

"She's my mate's sister, but never mind that. She called you Rhin, right?" the female nodded in Mel's direction politely.
"Because I had a son who went by Rhin."

Rhin stared the female with surprise, his heart pumping loudly. He swore it could be heard by anyone around him, so he tried to cool down, thinking about other options. He didn't know if there were other Shinali with the same name as him, nor if she was telling the truth. Rather than getting his hopes up, he got suspicious and prepared to ask another question.

"You did? What happened to him?" His questions were short and objective. He didn't mean to sound insensitive, but his tone said otherwise.

((OHHH HE'S IN DENIAL))
Back to top Go down
http://arukardis.deviantart.com
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 1:42 pm

Alkyone glanced around at the male who spoke to her, he smelt of Scylla and moments later she appeared with a fish in her jaws. “Evening Scylla.” She said with a curt nod of her head. “My friend’s mate is having a reunion with his mother... He’s not taking it to well.” She said swiftly. She fell silent as she heard Rhin reply to Kohinoor. She muttered under her breath and straightened up. She padded into view of the others, nodding to Kohinoor. She didn’t want to interrupt, but she ready to confirm Kohinoor’s words.

Her eyes fell onto the little human perched on Kohinoor’s back. I forgot how funny looking they were, not to mention how small they were. She thought, absentmindedly flexing her front paw. She smirked at the memory of meeting Vega, that had been interesting. She looked at the human again checking for the small pointy metal stick that they called swords. She couldn’t see anything like that but she knew some kept them hidden. Mind you, if this one’s riding Kohinoor then I presume they like Shinlai. she thought slightly calmer, she liked humans, but only if she knew they liked Shinlai.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 3:02 pm

“Don’t be silly, your more than welcome to ask for what you need. To be honest you look as though you could fall asleep. Rest, I’ll be back in a moment.”

Nill smiled contempt "she's so kind to strangers..." Nill thought to herself. Despite how tired she was she couldn't fall asleep, she wanted to know what was going on with Rhin, she couldn't help but feel worried for her nephew afterall.
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 5:32 pm

“My friend’s mate is having a reunion with his mother... He’s not taking it to well.”

Oh that's sounds like a lovely thing that they are together again, but I hope it won't be to hard on the two of them! "And you know Scylla? Well I guess you are one of the shinlai she spoke of! Also you can call me Zeke"

Catching the scent of a human he turned his head and glanced slightly to see it was on the back of a shinlai, and shuddered at the thought of it. He just never really felt at ease around them. Then saying to Scylla "So did you enjoy your fish dear?"
Back to top Go down
http://Thealbinobunny.deviantart.com
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 1:08 pm

Mel sat and watched the conversation continue. "She's my mate's sister, but never mind that. She called you Rhin, right?" The green one said, looking at Rhin in a possibly inspecting way.
"Because I had a son who went by Rhin."
Mel breathing hitched, how common was the name, 'Rhin', anyways?!? She looked at her mate, excited for him.
"You did? What happened to him?" he asked in a semi-frosty tone. Mel nudged him, he might be afraid it was someone other then his mother, but he didn't have to get a rude tone...
She was startled when Alkone padded into the clearing, "You're just everywhere today, aren't you?" Mel asked the huge purple shinlai.
((DENILE; ITS NOT JUST A RIVER))
Back to top Go down
http://issamorg.deviantart.com/
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:40 pm

Alkyone snorted softly at Mel’s words. “You know me well enough to know I crop up everywhere.” She muttered quietly, unwilling to disturb Rhin and Kohinoor. “Any say, Nill would want to know what’s going on and in her state I don’t want her running around too much.” She said. She knew from Dagda that running around in a weakened state was not the best way to start your recovery. She gave her fur a small shake trying to make the bag sit against her fur properly, it was such an awkward thing to carry, either catching on her horns or on surrounding vegetation. However it was also extremely handy with transporting items she may need.

There was the almost inaudible flap of wings and a creamy barn owl landed on a branch behind Kohinoor, its large dark eyes fixed on her, it bobbed its head looking eager. Alkyone watched it back steadily. It screeched abruptly and flared its wings slightly in an aggravated manner. Alkyone snorted back at it and whistled quietly. “Not now Lilith, there is another matter I must attend to first.” The owl seemed to look at her with an unimpressed expression. Alk’s eyes flicked to the others, hoping they would pay no attention to the exchange. “I shall call for you when I am ready.” She whistled curtly.

Lilith shifted her head from side to side still looking grumpy. “Hurry.” She replied simply, before taking off and gliding over her head and through the trees. Alkyone watched her fly off before turning back to the group in front of her. Such a rude bird. She thought huffily to herself. She focused back to Rhin and Kohinoor, she had wanted to keep quiet, butt Lilith’s untimely appearance made that difficult.
Back to top Go down
LuneBleu
Admin
LuneBleu

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:20 pm

Her eyes were closed with a watery seal made by sleep. There was nothing better to do except shut her eyes as barely anything was going on down there. Nothing but chit-chat she couldn't hear and the occasional Shinlai swimming or fishing. The sea beating against the sand and rock didn't help either. The soothing ebb and flow was what lulled her into a half-sleep. An earthly lullaby.
A very faint breeze grazed her face.
Normally she would have ignored this, but then she felt a small weight resting on her horn. Keeping her eyes still closed, she shook her head to get rid of the weight. That only lasted a few seconds as she felt the breeze again and the weight on her horn return. She opened her eyes and wiped away the sleep. And shook her head. More violently.
An aggitated screech came from above as she looked up to see a pale bird circling her. Why this bird felt like resting on her horns, she didn't know. The little feathery creature was determined as it perched on her horn again.
Back to top Go down
http://q3dr.deviantart.com/
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Lilith glided through the trees silently. Her wing feathers frayed so not to make a noise. The trees ended and opened up into a large meadow. Her keen eyes darted across the swaying grass, picking out the small scuttling shapes of mice and rats. It was a good meadow for hunting. Her sharp hearing picked up the faint cry of a hawk from the forest. She angled further away in her flight path. Hawks weren’t a threat to her, but she avoided them none the less.

Her eyes spotted a couple of Shinlai on the cliff top, one a large Dark male with huge horns curving back over his head. He looked grumpy and the occasional snort confirmed this. There was a faint smell of Alkyone from him, but not enough to interest her. She knew that Alkyone interacted with many Shinlai. The other Shinlai interested her more. She circled closer, her silent wings meaning she went unnoticed. She was large, larger than Alkyone who was pretty tall. Striking colours of black and white with long white horns, and of the Balance Element. Air and Fire. Lilith could smell Alkyone on her too, although much more than on the male. She glided down and perched on one white horn.

The female shock her head making Lilith flare her wings for balance. She settled again only to be thrown of a second later, with an indignant screech. The female looked up with bright blue eyes, a slight frown on her face. Lilith slowly spiralled down again and attempted to land on the females horns again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Retreat   Coastal Retreat - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coastal Retreat
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6