Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10)

Go down 
+6
Lenalis
Toadfoal
Sky-Gin
Kaylex
Forrgotenrose
Silveera
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10) Empty
PostSubject: Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10)   Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10) EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 2:42 pm

I'm curious about everyone and their shinlai so meme time :D (and because i'm having a mental blank and can't come up with a reply for the rps :|)

1.What was the first shinlai you saw? I think it was Uguru (I can't really remember, but i'm pretty sure it was one of annicrons :b)

2.Who was the first shinlai you entered for in an adoption,(and if you didn't win) who do they belong to now and what is their name? The first lai I entered for is now named Rayner, and belongs to Toadfoal

3.Who was your first shinlai? My first shinlai were Breeze and Typhoon

4.How did you win/get them? In a special twin adoption

5a.Are they your only shinlai, if not, how many do you have and what your other shinlai's names? I have five in total. My other three are Triss, Mallantha and Naria

5b.How did you get your other shinlai? I won Mallantha in the Shinlai Parody contest(honorable mention), I was given permission to create Naria by Alana and I won Triss in a raffle in one of Alana's livestreams

6.What is/are your shinlai's elements? Air, Air, Fire, Dark and Water

7. Which (other than your own) is your favourite shinlai? I'm tied between Isaac (Naria's brother, owned by torntethers) and Rondun because dat rack<3
Back to top Go down
http://sylveira.deviantart.com
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10)   Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10) EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 2:54 pm

OH OH FUN!

1.What was the first shinlai you saw? You know I think it was Uguru for me too? Annicron has a lot to answer for regarding my characters :I

2.Who was the first shinlai you entered for in an adoption,(and if you didn't win) who do they belong to now and what is their name? The first one I tried out for was Alkyone, and I ended up being the only one trying for her, so I got a default win :'D

3.Who was your first shinlai? HOO RAH ALKYONE RAH

4.How did you win/get them? I think it was adoption round number three?

5a.Are they your only shinlai, if not, how many do you have and what your other shinlai's names? I have five (for now >.>) Alkyone, Dagda, Lycuvayu, Pipistella and Serenity!

5b.How did you get your other shinlai? I won dagda through a 'make your own' adoption slot, and managed to answer ten questions about the species correctly! Lycu I won after winning an 'adoption card' in a contest, which I used on the very next adoption XD Pip and Serenity were made through permission from Alana! In fact it was Tortle who 'accidentally' let slip to Alana that I wanted a pup AND BAM I got one. Serenity was more planned out with Kaylee and then asked Alana. I have an idea for a sixth, but I'm not going to make them for at least a month. Cause I feel guilty.

6.What is/are your shinlai's elements? Water, Earth, Air, Light, Fire, in that order c:

7. Which (other than your own) is your favourite shinlai? OH THIS IS HARD WHY WOULD YOU HURT ME THIS WAY? Linx, Rhan, Leocanthus, YOUNG MASTER BILL, Larkein, Volpe the twerp annnd tiny Naria <3

ADDING A QUESTION (lets each add one!)

8. Name one song that fits one of your Shinlai? Pendulum: Watercolour, for Alkyone. I mean the title fits quite nicely, but the lyrics fit her so well.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Kaylex
Friend of Silas
Kaylex

PostSubject: Re: Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10)   Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10) EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:33 pm

1.What was the first shinlai you saw? Pretty sure it was Ra

2.Who was the first shinlai you entered for in an adoption,(and if you didn't win) who do they belong to now and what is their name? Arkady who belongs to Toadfoal

3.Who was your first shinlai? My first is Agate

4.How did you win/get them? During a livestream with Alana

5a.Are they your only shinlai, if not, how many do you have and what your other shinlai's names? Just the one for now!

5b.How did you get your other shinlai? N/A. Hoping to win a second in an adoption.

6.What is/are your shinlai's elements? Earth

7. Which (other than your own) is your favourite shinlai? Selousi, Pip, and Saica

8. Name one song that fits one of your Shinlai? Run Wolf Warrior- Yoko Kanno

Last edited by Kaylex on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky-Gin
Friend of NooNoo
Sky-Gin

PostSubject: Re: Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10)   Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10) EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 8:47 pm

Oooh this looks like fun<3

1.What was the first shinlai you saw? Oh gosh I  really have no idea. Um.... if I had to guess, it was probably one of Toad's lai because I followed her before I knew anything about the group.

2.Who was the first shinlai you entered for in an adoption,(and if you didn't win) who do they belong to now and what is their name? First shinlai I tried out for is Esther, and won her as well. c:

3.Who was your first shinlai? Esther ~

4.How did you win/get them? In an adoption round- (it was a special one where you got to choose your shinlai's elements, so that was fun).

5a.Are they your only shinlai, if not, how many do you have and what your other shinlai's names? I have one other shinlai named Gwyn, who's a youngblood right now.

5b.How did you get your other shinlai? I got Gwyn while watching one of Alana's livestreams.

6.What is/are your shinlai's elements? Esther's an air shinlai, and Gwyn will be a light shinlai once her element awakens.

7. Which (other than your own) is your favourite shinlai? OH NO there's so many awesome shinlai out there ;A; I always really liked Braid and Story, and I always really loved Isaac (I mean, cannibalistic body-controlling shinlai?).
Back to top Go down
http://arwogin.deviantart.com/
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10)   Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10) EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:47 pm

Oh boy, been a while since I've done a meme.

1.What was the first shinlai you saw?
Zeke! I think Bunny posted something about him on a different website (Chickensmoothie) that I originally knew her from and, being curious, I decided to research the group.

2.Who was the first shinlai you entered for in an adoption,(and if you didn't win) who do they belong to now and what is their name?
Oh gee, the first adoption round I entered was the one with Rayner, but I feel like I did some sort of contest before that. Or maybe I just watched them intensely until I felt that my time had come.

3.Who was your first shinlai?
It was Rayner!

4.How did you win/get them?
Adoption round #5 or something. It's in storage now, I know that.

5a. Are they your only shinlai, if not, how many do you have and what your other shinlai's names?
Nope! I have three, Rayner, Arkady, and YOUNG MASTER BILL (caps optional).

5b.How did you get your other shinlai?
Arkady was from another adoption round for which I wrote a gosh darn novel (that should have disqualified me right there) and Bill was from the live stream I think? I don't remember exactly except that the circumstances by which he came into existence made me a little sad.

6.What is/are your shinlai's elements?
Air, Light, and Fire.

7. Which (other than your own) is your favourite shinlai?
This question isn't fair! I like different lai for different reasons. For the sake of time I'm going to choose based on design, and then I'd have to say Keshgan, Autan, and Layrhan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toadfoal.deviantart.com
Lenalis
Admin
Lenalis

PostSubject: Re: Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10)   Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10) EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 4:19 pm

1.What was the first shinlai you saw? I don't..remember..but I'll go look and see who grabbed my attention. I don't actually remember what brought me arYES I DO HAHA I didn't even know Shinlai existed, I just offered free ACEOs to people but didn't have much of a following, so someone who followed me offered to promote it to the Shinlai Community so they could give me stuff to draw c: The first Shinlai I saw were people who responded, so I got Zeke, Linx, Ryshka, Elijah, and Aurudon all at the same time

2.Who was the first shinlai you entered for in an adoption,(and if you didn't win) who do they belong to now and what is their name? Gosh I first entered for Nirasi and managed to win him, first contest I ever entered and it was such a stressful mess! I worked myself up so much trying to make sure I had the lore set and an interesting story and being torn between hoping my entry was strong enough while not actually wanting to snipe it from anyone else who was working hard on their entry too :c

3.Who was your first shinlai? Nirasi!

4.How did you win/get them? Entered an adoption

5a.Are they your only shinlai, if not, how many do you have and what are your other shinlai's names? I have two, Nirasi and Silke

5b.How did you get your other shinlai? I got to create Silke as a result of the Attack on Talin event

6.What is/are your shinlai's elements? Nirasi's water, Silke's has yet to manifest

7. Which (other than your own) is your favourite shinlai? Taggerung has my favorite pelt design and I wishhh I knew where his owner ran off to and whether they're even active with Shinlai anymore :c I'd be heartbroken to hear he'd fallen to disuse he's so pretty. Aurudon has my favorite mask/horn combo

8. Song that represents your Shinlai? Uh, can't say I've thought about it, but this is about right, nothing with lyrics or mainstream exposure but it gets his clumsy zeal about right!

::
(adding my own question) 9. What's the most embarrassing thing your Shinlai's ever had to do, or got caught doing? Nirasi's claim to shame would have to be inviting half the realm for a housewarming party and then bolting when it got too scary and crowded (only to barrel a ways into the woods with Skjoldur and get stuck in brambles and come back shredded it was a hoot and he's an idiot)
Back to top Go down
http://lenalis.deviantart.com
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10)   Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10) EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:43 pm

1.What was the first shinlai you saw? Pretty sure it was Silas! What a guy. What a guy.

2.Who was the first shinlai you entered for in an adoption,(and if you didn't win) who do they belong to now and what is their name?http://shinlaicommunity.deviantart.com/art/Shinsen-Refrence-sheet-314331172When i saw the colors i pretty much immediately fell in love with his design. Honestly I still have the concept i made for that adopted lai in my head for later maybe. But the design was won by Zukuro, the shinlai's name is Shinsen! What a beaut.

My first lai was Selousi! Tiny lil thing with a tiny attitude, but I'm hoping to give her some real development soon B)

4.How did you win/get them? I got them early on when I first met Alana! Alana was nice enough to give me the chance to make a shinlai so I did! Designing stuff is always fun.

5a.Are they your only shinlai, if not, how many do you have and what your other shinlai's names? I have two lai, Tuk and Selousi. They're related, actually!

I got Tuk in a livestream from a raffle sort of thing if I'm remembering right. That was pretty cool. Except I was allowed to design him since I think I gave my prize from the raffle to someone else so Alana let me make one myself? Not sure. I know I ended up making a custom one somehow. A pup at the time tho.

6.What is/are your shinlai's elements? Earth (Selo), Fire (Tuk)

7. Which (other than your own) is your favourite shinlai? AHHHH..,, I'm not sure honestly! It's really hard to choose. Can I just nominate Daila as my fav
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

PostSubject: Re: Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10)   Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10) EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 8:12 pm

1.What was the first shinlai you saw?
That would be Dragara's shinlai, Renza!

2.Who was the first shinlai you entered for in an adoption,(and if you didn't win) who do they belong to now and what is their name?
I entered for Vu the first time around, I didn't get him but Winning adopt! is p cool!!

Mel!

4.How did you win/get them?
I had tried to pick up a secret santa that had been dropped on accident, and got permission!

5a.Are they your only shinlai, if not, how many do you have and what your other shinlai's names?
Non, I have Melody, Vütürid, and Maryan Jane. Luv these shinlai. Need to post more of the doodles (except I'm not happy with any of them o o p s)

Vu was a 'you lost but had a good story so here u go', and MJ was a CYO prize for the Tailan attack.

6.What is/are your shinlai's elements?
Mel is a Balance of Air and Light, Vu is Air, and MJ is ???

7. Which (other than your own) is* your favourite shinlai?
*are
I have a love of...
Alkyone, Vega, RhinRhin, NooNoo, Pip, Nirasi, every shinlai in the group, every shinlai that will eventually trickle into the group...
Back to top Go down
http://issamorg.deviantart.com/
Andeva
Friend of Hekili
Andeva

PostSubject: Re: Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10)   Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10) EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 12:50 pm

1.What was the first shinlai you saw? Zeke :P

2.Who was the first shinlai you entered for in an adoption,(and if you didn't win) who do they belong to now and what is their name? I think it was Viva, who is owned by HolyFrap now. (I suck at story telling) xD

3.Who was your first shinlai? Antissa Adelian

4.How did you win/get them? Given permission to create her by Alana

5a.Are they your only shinlai, if not, how many do you have and what your other shinlai's names? I have four lai. Antissa, Moose, Tullia and Balsa.

5b.How did you get your other shinlai? I won Moose from the "At the Movies" contest and was allowed 3rd pick from a group of designs. Tullia I won from the "June 2012 Adoption" and Balsa was from the batch of pups given out by Alana on her livestream. :)

6.What is/are your shinlai's elements? Air, Fire, Dark and Earth

7. Which (other than your own) is your favourite shinlai? Oh gosh, I love so many of them. Skjoldur is gorgeous as well as Linx, Denton, Tornado, Soren, Marrinus, and Mallantha. I love all of them, some I just like to draw more than others.
Back to top Go down
http://aydenna.deviantart.com/
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Kordiiiiiii   Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10) EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 2:30 pm

1.What was the first shinlai you saw? Brute, and one of Alana's I can't remember. >.<

2.Who was the first shinlai you entered for in an adoption,(and if you didn't win) who do they belong to now and what is their name? I actually tried for Kordi and got him on the first try. :> So awesome <3

3.Who was your first shinlai? Kordasai, the dark <3 ---> Kordi <---

4.How did you win/get them? I did a draw-to-adopt. <3 Luff him <3 <3

5a.Are they your only shinlai, if not, how many do you have and what your other shinlai's names?No, I also have Kei, a fire lai who is well, confused and cranky. >>

5b.How did you get your other shinlai? I actually used to be really active here, and in thr goups, doing art of lais and things but... I kinda fell into a hole (of pronz and other commissions...) and just now came back! ^^ Anyways--Alananana in her awesomeness let me make one T^T all my feels.

6.What is/are your shinlai's elements? Darkness = Kordi , Fire (Rei)

7. Which (other than your own) is your favourite shinlai? Brute. because... bruteburgers. >> And Lue is a friend ^^

Kordi Kordi: its been so long I don't think anyone will remember me.. *kicks a can*
Me: oh, you...
Back to top Go down
http://ladykervein.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10)   Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10) Empty

Back to top Go down

Shinlai 7 questions (because I couldn't think of 10)
Page 1 of 1