Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

The Orchard

Go down 
+5
Forrgotenrose
NthKaro
AirNado
Jeep-the-dragon
TheAlbinoBunny
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ra
Pup
Ra

The Orchard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:56 pm

(( Hope you guys don't mind me dropping Ra in here. I've been trying to figure out a good way to get him involved with RPs on here, so I thought this would be the best place to introduce him. C: ))

--------

Exploring and patrolling helped to keep his thoughts clear and his mind at peace. Ra Alemdi Norick had just finished a hunt in the southern borderlands, having managed to snap up two-legged flightless birds that ran from him with bobbing heads, when he came across the Orchard. The day's sun was relentless, beating rays of heat down upon his back as he continued his patrol. Not that he didn't mind, of course, since his own element was of Fire. He had, over time, grown used to the extremities of his element. However, this did not mean that he was exempt from feeling the pain of thirst. His tongue felt like sandpaper against the roof of his mouth and it was slightly painful whenever he willed himself to swallow. But once the shinlai heard the faint tinkling of water not too far off in the distance, he immediately began to make his way in that dirrection. Upon arrival at the creek and taking a drink from its crystal clear waters, he smelled the faint sent of humans laced within the gentle current. Ra had learned from his father how to pinpoint human settlements/villages based upon subtle signs that they left behind. Something about the smell made him want to investigate.

He followed the flow, creeping along the riverbank as low to the ground as he possibly dared without getting his light colored coat muddy. He traced the tantalizing smell to its source: an Orchard of trees overburdened by ripe apples. Humans and shinlai alike were resting in the comforting shade of several of the apple trees, while others helped to harvest the fruit in intricately woven baskets. It was the apple's rich smell, basking in the afternoon sun, that had attracted him.

His appetite, which he thought sated just minutes ago by a bellyful of flesh and feathers, got the better of him, and he rose from the riverbank reeds. The humans and shinlai nearest the creek were surely startled by his sudden appearance; all of whom were drunk on both the warm sunlight and the sweet smell of apples in the air. Though, there were a select few that were unfazed by the newcomer, since shinlai were welcome and common in this Orchard. The Fire shinlai easily rose to his full height of twelve feet once out of the riverbank and carefully made his way towards the nearest fruit bearing tree -- mindful of the smaller shinlai and humans that occupied shady patches of dirt and grass near him.

Ra had never been in this part of Elaisha before, thus, everyone within the Orchard were unknown to him. This caused him to keep to himself as he quietly observed those around him, gently munching on an apple he had managed to pull from a branch with his front teeth. After eating one fruit he eagerly returned his attention back to the tree and snatched another, causing the branches to sway violently, before sitting down. Leaves fell from the shaken tree to float down silently around the shinlai as he allowed himself to scan the other shinlai and humans. One group in particular, shinlai and a human, caught his attention. One shinlai with red and white markings, a blue shinlai, and a human female seemed to be in an intense conversation. Ra gathered it was 'intense' based upon the human's behavior and the protective stance the red and white shinlai had taken.
Back to top Go down
http://dzorek.deviantart.com
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:40 pm

"Not so much just hanging around today eatting some apples, and how about you? Anything been happening up in Mountain point?" he said then sitting next to Conner.

Lyle looked to Zeke and stated " Nothing much in Mountain Point, just a whole lot of nothin'." Lyle then leaned on the log and relaxed his legs. The ride from Mountain Point had been long, so a nap was needed. He let his head rest in the grass and nodded off.

Conner looked at Lyle and huffed a bit, "He's not really the best traveler in the world, so he gets tired quickly." Conner then looked to Zeke.

"So, what's your story?"
Back to top Go down
http://kyuubi-of-the-night.deviantart.com/
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:32 am

"He's not really the best traveler in the world, so he gets tired quickly." Conner then looked to Zeke.

"Ah I see! Well this is a good place to nap" he said.

"So, what's your story?"

"My story? You mean like how I got here or my whole life story" he said cocking his head nervously.

Looking over in the direction of Iapto it looked like she was in some trouble, but Zeke could not just leave here now as it would be rude.. Though if she needed help he would not want her to be hurt. Turning to Conner he said "I am sorry, but it looks like my friend may need help.. I hate to leave with that question unanswered, but I would not want harm to come her way with me standing idle." he said with a look of worry. "You are welcome to follow if you'd like too!" with that he ran towards Iapto.

Walking fast he made his way over. On his way he saw yet another shinlai who looked very big, but Zeke had no time to stop and greet him. Walking up behind the shinlai with no mask he heard him oversay "It was rather daring on your part, the way you practically trampled Lycu."

This stunned Zeke a little at the hearing of the name Lycu, but he thought it could be a common name. He then looked in Iapto direction under the tree, but he also saw the huge white and red Shinali made a somewhat defensive pose? He thought this odd maybe it had to do something about the one named Lycu and Iapto? Interrupting the conversation he turned to the tan colored shinlai and spoke "Who is this "Lycu" you speak of? I need to know his name is very familiar to me!" he said this very demanding of him. He shot another look in Iapto's direction knowing he should be over there, but he needed this information first.
Back to top Go down
http://Thealbinobunny.deviantart.com
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:01 pm

“I don’t steal horses.” Iapto said bluntly. “Too large and troublesome to look after, that and their intelligence is frightfully low. The only reason I was on that horse was to get away from you. And next time you want to ‘help’ don’t blind a half blind woman. and its Ella, by the way.” She said calmly, correcting her fake name.

“Lycu? So that’s the name of the silver one...” She mussed to herself.

She sighed and rubbed her head. She had just wanted to check out who Aborox was. But nooo Volpe had to turn up. Her head jerked up at the sound of speedy footsteps. Seeing Zeke approach. She quickly motion to him, trying to tell him not to recognise her. She really didn’t want Volpe to know who she was.

While Zeke distracted the brown Lai she glanced up at Aborox and patted his elbow. The highest bit she could reach, a small thank you, and backed silently away from the group. She soft footsteps making no noise on the thick grass floor. She might be human but she knew how to move silently. Once far enough away she turned and trotted over to the stream. Spinning her knife in one hand she reached around her back and sheathed it with the other. So long as Volpe didn’t follow she wouldn’t need it again.

The river was in the shade of the tall forest trees, but the grassy bank was bathed in sunlight. Reaching the stream she kicked of her shoes and socks, rolled up her trouser legs before removing her belt and outer shirt. The water looked cool and inviting and she was too warm and tense. Wadding into the stream she started undoing her braid, letting her hair down for once.

Once the water was up to her knees she sat down on a rock poking above the water, and splashed some water onto her face. Just wearing her vest, trousers and the bandages around her upper torso, made her feel more vulnerable than normal. But there was the reassuring feel of her knives against her back. Washing her arms with the cool, clear water, she inspected four scars on her upper right arm. They were pale and stood out against her tanned skin. She switched her attention to several smaller cuts on her left arm. They were much newer but already showed signs of knitting back together without infection. Scooping some water in her hand she washed the cuts, relived that they didn’t sting badly. It wasn’t often she got chance to inspect her wounds and scars.

Last edited by Forrgotenrose on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Jeep-the-dragon
Friend of Silas
Jeep-the-dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:44 pm

((If Ra is going to be in here!! Reza needs him!! maybe this will be a good chance for Ra and Reza meet for the first time? Reza has been stalking him for a wile XD anyways))

--------------------------------------------

Reza love exploring all kinds of places, she likes bringing her best friend Erwil with her when she goes’s to vary odd places. This time she go's exploring an orchard with all kinds of fruit. Erwil was looking for oranges his most favorite fruit but there has been no luck. They continue until they will find them. As Reza walks she stops and looks and sees the man she has been watching for a wile. Rez ameetdaly hinds behind a tree and peeks once in a wile to see what he's doing.

"Reza... what are we doing?" He said wile he try's to shift all the leaves to see whats she's looking at.

"Its him!! the guy I'm talking about, the pink one... over there!" Said Reza vary nervously. "Look at him, isn't he dreamy, with those dark red horns, the pointy mask, the long silky tail.... ahhhhhh" She add wile she peeks to see if he looks in the discretion of her.

"Oh brother, Reza we are here for oranges not your love life, okay? Plus Rez, this tree is not going to hid you vary well, your to big!" He said.

"But Erwiiiiillll!! Look at him! He could be the guy I'm looking for." She gives off a little nervously wine. "I'm so nervous. Erwil... help me, what should I do?" She added wile she shakes a little.

"Relax, he mite be the one but we don't know unless you come up and talk to him but do that later, I want my oranges" He said. Erwil finely gets to see what he looks like, to him he looks like a nice guy but he's not sure yet. He could a Darkblood and he knows Reza dus not be part of that violent clan. "I think we should get going. Come back later. I'm sure he will be still here... maybe..." He said next to her ear under her mask.

"Erwiiiiillllll. I want to stay!!, you can have your oranges later." She peeks again.

"Fine! You win." Erwil just plops on her back and looks at the clouds. "I want my oranges."
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Conner watched Zeke scramble towards the Iapto woman. He simply put his head on his paws and pondered about life. Conner had asked "What's your story?", a phrase used in his region to describe one's day. Lyle had learned that one the hard way.

Lyle himself watched Zeke run away, he sighed and went back to sleep.
Back to top Go down
http://kyuubi-of-the-night.deviantart.com/
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Ryshka heard the begining of the heated discussion and turned to watch. She saw Zeke run over to the thick of it all and became worried. She vaguely remembered the human woman, and decided to follow her to the stream. Not only was it hot and she could use the refreshment, the large amount of strange shinlai appearing made her incredibly uneasy. She heard her ease into the water and didn't want to intrude if she wasnt wanted. "Hello, would it bother you, if I joined you?" her voice quivered a little bit but she tried to sound friendly.
Back to top Go down
http://distortedgirl66.deviantart.com
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:04 pm

“I don’t steal horses.” Iapto said bluntly. “Too large and troublesome to look after, that and their intelligence is frightfully low. The only reason I was on that horse was to get away from you. And next time you want to ‘help’ don’t blind a half blind woman. and its Ella, by the way.”

Volpe shrugged, "I wasn't aware you were half blind. On which side, may I ask?" Volpe tilted his head curiously but his eyes narrowed slightly. He wasn't quite happy with this "Elle". She was sharp-minded and wary- two qualities Volpe didn't particularly like in potential enemies. He had a feeling Elle didn't like him particularly much either- well more than a feeling- she pretty much just flat out told him.

"Who is this "Lycu" you speak of? I need to know his name is very familiar to me!"

Volpe started and swung his gaze to the Lai that had just come up. He hated that- when someone came up without him noticing. Much to his annoyance it seemed to be happening more and more often.

"Why so interested?" Volpe looked questioningly at the newcomer. He was already out-foxed (bad pun totally intended XD) once. His keen hearing caught the soft footsteps of Elle slipping away. He would have loved to follow and pursue her, figuring out just who this theif was. He frowned as he heard her step away. Well, he clearly wasn't making any friends around here- he would have to be an idiot to pursue her now.

"Hello, would it bother you, if I joined you?"

Ryshka? Volpe knew that voice, he never forgot a voice. Volpe had run his way into her once before. Maybe, if he were ridiculously lucky, he would still be able to catch up to Elle a bit later.

Volpe returned his attention to the new Lai that seemed so curious about Lycu. Although... Volpe had been giving away far to much free information as of late. On the other hand, it was simply just a name. He sat back on his haunches again, waiting to hear if this new Lai would answer Volpe's question or simply demand an answer.
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
AirNado
Friend of Vera
AirNado

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:45 pm

Aborox had kept listening to the conversation between the human woman and the shinlai named Volpe. He hadn't wated to speak much, since he had no clue wht was going on. All he wanted to do was keep them from getting into a fight, and it seemed like things were fine for now. The woman patted his elbow in thanks, most likely for attempting to protect her, even though Aborox knew he was a complete stranger to nearly every shinlai there.

He began to wonder how his home in the forest was, knowing only one other shinlai who lived there with him who was big enough to guard the town on his own, he began to worry at that though.

Aborox would feel akward if he stayed in the orchard, but he knew he would feel even worse if he left, because the reason why he had travelled so far from his home was to potentially look for friends.. possibly even a mate. He shook his head at this thought and picked a ripe juicy apple off the very top of a tree, handing it to the man who had been giving him apples and stroking his fur. "Here you are, to help you reac it all the way up there." He said with a smile and walked off down the rows of trees.

He got to aout where the creek was and noticed another large shinlai who had showed up not too long ago, but he realy didn't give much thought about it. He had just never really seen too many shinlai close to his own size before.
Back to top Go down
http://decepticonprius.deviantart.com/
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:45 am

"Why so interested?" Volpe looked questioningly at the newcomer.

"Does it really matter you you? I just need to know his full name, and if you know where he resides!" he said with his voice rising. Zeke knew good and well that this shinlai went around passing information to get on the sides of both the elites and darkbloods, so he was not about to spill precious information to one who would just go back and tell the world. "Maybe I will tell you something if you give me what I need. Even if I don't know your name I still have heard of you." he said slightly irritated. He knew he didn't come here to fight, but if that is what it took to get dirt on where his father was he would.

Turning to the other shinlai who was just sitting, but then he turn and walked back towards the creek. So it was just him and this other shinlai for now. Waiting for a response seeing the other shinlai sat he did the same.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:43 pm

"Hello, would it bother you, if I joined you?" A familiar voice said. Iapto’s head jerked up at the sound of it. Her hopefully expression falling slightly at the sight of the Shinlai. It wasn’t who she had hoped, but it was a familiar face none the less.

“Oh hello, no that’s fine. I recognise you, what was your name again?” She said smiling at the timid looking female.

She glanced up towards Volpe then back to the blue female. She stood from her rock and wadded to the bank, she gathered the few items she had with her and wrapped them in her shirt and carried them to the other side of the river. While she didn’t have anything of importance or great value, she’d rather have her stuff further away from Volpe. She wadded back to her rock, noticing how deep the river got, it rose above her waist easily.

Reaching her rock again she sat down looking at the female. “You can call me Ella for today.” She said with a nod.

She was going to have to use that name for the rest of the day. Or even while she stayed in that area. She huffed quietly to herself. She didn’t even like using fake names, but people and Shinlai like Volpe left her no choice, and she didn’t want them snooping around in her personal life, after all, it was her personal life.

With a forceful kick she punted Volpe out of her thoughts and turned her attention fully to the blue female. Smiling at her for encouragement.
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:52 pm

"Ella"... She smiled she wasn't one to forget names and knew for a fact that this name was false. However she saw the argument and the prying Volpe and understood the need for such a rouse. Carefully she waded into the cold water bristling her thick fur slightly to let it seep in against her skin. She walked to the point where it was deepest and laid down her head now the only thing visible above the soothing rushes of water. She made a happy chirruping noise as she settled and watched the human methodically move her things and perch upon a large rock.
Her soft voice lowered to a whisper "Are you ok? I didn't hear much but I know that your prior conversation was less than pleasant" Her pale blue eyes seemed to show genuine concern. After all she liked humans, they were such an interesting and intricate species, and after the kindness this female had shown in their last meeting, she felt she should help or at least comfort if she could.
Small fish swam around her paws tickling them lightly, she let out a loud giggle and plopped her head under the water momentarily to blow bubbles at them. During this time, her face was close enough to the bottom that a large crayfish like crustacean attached itself to one of the ridges on her mask. She didn't even notice as it hung lazily by her left eye when she surfaced.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:36 pm

From the way Rysh said her fake name Iapto knew she remembered her. "Are you ok? I didn't hear much but I know that your prior conversation was less than pleasant." Rysh said. Iapto looked up warily, but Rysh seemed concerned.

Iapto nodded slowly. “Yes I’m fine, I just don’t like lies and people prying into my life.” She said quietly. “They won’t get anywhere, no matter how hard they try.” She said, not caring is Volpe heard her or not.

Rysh ducked under the water briefly, when she surfaced a crustacean was hanging from her mask. Iapto stifled a laugh but lent forwards. “You’ve got a crayfish stuck to your mask. Want me to get that for you?” She asked, ready to stand up and wade over to her, but holding back, aware that not all Shinlai liked humans close to them.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:56 pm

"Does it really matter you you? I just need to know his full name, and if you know where he resides!"

A wry grin started to grow on Volpe's face. Volpe chuckled at the Lai's rising voice- clearly he was very eager for what Volpe knew. It was just Volpe and the unknown Lai now.

"Maybe I will tell you something if you give me what I need. Even if I don't know your name I still have heard of you."

Well now Zeke had Volpe's attention. "My name is La Volpe." He fixed Zeke in his gaze, his eyes looking Zeke dead in his own despite Volpe not being able to see. "And, while I appreciate the offer, I don't really work that way my friend. You have this backwards. You tell me the information I need to know and if I judge it to be any good, then I'll share information with you. You have no need to worry if I'll keep my word- I always do." And he did. Volpe couldn't risk being dishonest when it came to sharing secrets. If he didn't offer information in return, then who would give it to him?
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:30 am

The expresses Volpe made gave Zeke a odd feeling, but none the less he was getting this out of him.

"My name is La Volpe."

"Well La Volpe nice to meet your acquaintance I am Zeke Albescu" Looking at volpe straight in the eyes Zeke noticed he was blind so it didn't really matter than for eye contact he thought turning his head slightly to the left. "And, while I appreciate the offer, I don't really work that way my friend. You have this backwards. You tell me the information I need to know and if I judge it to be any good, then I'll share information with you. You have no need to worry if I'll keep my word- I always do."

"Really? Well why can it not be the other way around for once?" Zeke said then standing up he started to circle around volpe pulling in some shadows around them. "So if it is information you need from me first what is you need that I would get in return on Lycu? I am not one to give first, but this shinlai could be important to me. So please do ask what you want then do tell of Lycu." Letting the shadows brush volpe's fur slightly to let him know they were surround in darkness.
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:46 pm

A confused expression crawled across her face as she tried to see what "ella" was talking about. There was a large brownish blur in her left eye and she assumed what she thought was a stick or leaf debris was the crayfish. She giggled and nodded.
"Yes your help would be appreciated. Where I am from we have similar creatures, much larger and a reddish brown. They are mean though! I remember the first time I encountered a lobster it was so interesting that I touched it and it latched onto my paw." she quickly realized that she was just rambling on and stifled herself. "Oops sorry, I tend to blather on from time to time."
She lay still with the water whirling calmly through and around her fur her head low enough in the water for the human to easily help remove her unwanted mask passenger.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:04 pm

"Well La Volpe nice to meet your acquaintance I am Zeke Albescu."

Volpe's eyes lit with understanding. "Albescu you say?" He murmured to himself. Well, now he understood why Zeke was so interested. He shared the same family name as Lycu.

"Really? Well why can it not be the other way around for once?"

Volpe laughed, barking raucously. "Simply can't. The way I do it benefits me. I can't be sure you'll give me information that I need in return." Volpe heard Zeke get up, circling Volpe. He was restless and... he was stirring up the shadows around them. Volpe could feel it. His fur bristled slightly, he didn't find much of a threat in this Lai but he was beginning to feel uneasy.

"So if it is information you need from me first what is you need that I would get in return on Lycu? I am not one to give first, but this shinlai could be important to me. So please do ask what you want then do tell of Lycu."

"Sadly, I have nothing to ask. You're simply going to have to try and interest me. Tell me somthing you know- something that others don't. Secrets. I don't care who or what it's about- so long as it's interesting." Volpe glanced in the direction Elle had taken off before facing Zeke again, "Anything at all. But it must be a secret."

La Volpe felt darkness brush at his fur like ocean waves. His eyes narrowed, apparently there was more darkness than Volpe had thought. Volpe lifted one of his forepaws off the ground and light began to gather beneath it, bright white light, about the size and shape of a soccer ball. It's light shined most of the darkness touching him away. Tiny, firefly like lights drifted around as well- but they glowed rather than giving off true light.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Iapto chuckled, but slid off the rock and wadded over to Rysh. She lowered her head so Iapto could reach it easier, even then she had to reach up, and the water was pretty deep, reaching her chest. Carefully minding her fingers and the pincers, she wrangled with the crayfish, managing to tug it off her mask. She held it between two fingers and flicked it away downstream.

“Don’t worry about the rambling. A lot of people have that problem.” She said, giving Rysh’s shoulder a light pat.

She wadded into the shallows, so the water was around her waist, and dragging her sopping hair out of her face. “So if you’re not from round here, where are you from?” She asked, sweeping her hand back and forth across the water.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:50 pm

For about half a day now Echo and Ida had been tracking up the river that seemed to never end. It wasn't uncommon for the male to take the 'back roads' as he would call it, in order to go undetected by both Shinlai and humans. It was a case of his own paranoia, but it did seem to keep him out of trouble...most of the time.
The river had curved, twist, turned, stretched and shrunk numerous times, eventually it formed in to a creak. Large trees covered the creak, leaving it in the shade, the heat had lowered the level of water in some places, it was possible to see just how high the water would get during the rainy season.

They came to a spot with sandy banks, where the flow of water was slow and steady and the trees covered the area almost like a natural tent of green, aside from the few stray beams of light managed to trespass the foliage. That was enough for him. He set down his things down on the edge of the bank near one of the old tree trunks, Ida had already occupied herself trying to nab one of the fish that squirmed upriver in the stream. "Seems good" He sighed and looked around, before unpacking a small blanket, enough to shield him from the night and annoying mosquitos, then lay down to rest. "Now if I could only get some food...." he looked over to see Ida unsuccessfully paw at the water, then stared up at the treetops watching the leaves shift with the wind. The place was so secluded in the vegetation he hadn't even noticed the people and shinlai that mingled upriver.
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:57 pm

"Well I used to live near a small fishing village on the southern coast." she smiled remembering the smell of the salty ocean air and plaintive calls of wandering seagulls. "I used to sit on the shoreline and watch the humans haul in large amounts of fish and other creatures with huge nets! Some of the things they found were amazing. When I was very young, at least from what I can remember, I used to get paid in fish for chasing gulls away from the docks. I would have done it for free but the humans insisted." She sighed a bit "Now I just wander, I do try to go back at least once a year but...its a hard thing to do..." She lowered her head till just her eyes were out of the water taking these moments to compose herself.

She watched the humans hand play across the surface of the water enjoying the ripples that slipped away from her. She stared a little bit at the ripples concentrating and made them pop away from the surface and swirl in the air a bit, weaving and snaking their way forward inches above the waters surface.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Iapto listened and watched how Rysh acted. “Something bad happened, didn’t it?” Iapto said quietly. She held up one hand. “Don’t worry, I won’t ask what and make you relive it.” She added. She didn’t fancy the idea of getting kind little Rysh to recall a bad memory. She watched her toy with the water.

She glanced around, looking over to see Zeke and Volpe shrouded in darkness. Her eyes widened slightly. Whatever Zeke was trying to find out it didn’t look like he’d got it. She turned back to Rysh. “Fancy a walk? I find it helps clear bad memories.” She said with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:21 pm

It took about half a minute for Echo to drift in to sleep. Didn't last long. His stomach woke him up. He opened his eyes to re-encounter the treetops, then looked over at Ida who seemed to have given up, instead just sitting there and watching the fish swim by as her little half bob tail flinged from side to side in frustration. Echo chuckled lightly and got up walking over to Ida. He eyed the water and the few fish that would swoosh by, with that he got an idea, he went around to his pack took off his shoes and brought out a small fishing net he had picked up not to long ago, not even remembering where he'd got it then walked back the creak, slowly walking in to the center of the small current. He crouched down lightly and waited for the fish to pass, trying to throw the net over them. Ida had other plans, once Echo was in the water she simply jumped in and chased after the fish again. "No no no!" he shout as she splashed around "Yer gonna spook off all the fish you mindless furball!"
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:28 pm

The water fidgeted a little before slipping back to the river, as she looked up at Iapto. "Yes a walk would be nice, as much as I love lounging in the water, it makes my skin all pruney!" She sank beneath the water one last time before waddling over to the shoreline and stepped out with a huge shaking sending beads of water flying through the air in all directions. She continued to shake her legs as she took a few steps looking like a large cat that had just gotten a bath. She waited patiently for Iapto to gather her things. She heard some rather loud and raucous splashing a bit further down but couldn't spot anything yet. Her head was cocked as she listened to find the source of the ruckus.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Iapto grinned at her description of ‘pruney skin’ and dunked herself under the water once more too. The cool water felt good, especially after being in the hot sun all day. She dragged her hair back, for once not caring about the scar. And waded over her shirt and things. Moving swiftly she looped the belt through her shirt, creating a makeshift bag, and flung it over her shoulder. It wasn’t very affective, but it would do.

She wondered over to Rysh, still paddling in the shadows. Looking up at a splash and seeing a large cat in the water. Narrowing her eyes, she squinted at it, the cat looked a lot like one she had met before. She lent forwards holding out one hand. “Pssh pssh, Ida. Is that you girl?” She said, rubbing her finger together to catch her attention. More loud splashing suggested someone else was just further downstream. She wondered towards the noise, staying close to Rysh. “Hello?” She asked, her voice raised, but not shouting.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:55 pm

Ida looked back at the sound that seemed to be aimed at her, taking off instantly. She tackled Echo's chest with fear of the incoming person and shinlai fear, pushing the two back in to the water with a loud splash before he could hear from where the 'hello' had come from. Echo gasped a curse once his head was out of the water, Ida crawled to the bank "Great, just great" he glared over at Ida who curled up, water dripping from her whiskers. Echo picked himself up, now pretty much soaked. He brought his little net along and sat beside her on the bank "There goes lunch..." he sat there, arms crossed ticked off at his little serval.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Orchard   The Orchard - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Orchard
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: The Pen and the Mask :: The Old Records-
Jump to: