Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Coast Morning

Go down 
+2
Morganism135
Forrgotenrose
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Coast Morning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coast Morning   Coast Morning - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Dagda either couldn’t hear them, or was ignoring the shout and calls at him to stop. He hardly noticed when a wind breezed though, sweeping all the dust away. He just noticed his breathing got clearer, and he could see what he was doing. It seemed like for every rock he moved, another rock or sand, filled it place. He felt a paw land on his shoulder, and automatically jerked away from the touch, intent on his digging. He heard Rondun’s deep voice from behind, he sounded calm. ‘How can he be so calm!’ Dagda thought franticly. Pulling a large rock away, and a torrent of sand and dirt covering his paws.

Alkyone hurried over to them, carefully pulling a panic struck Farai off his back, and setting her down by Mel. “Rowan, Uri. Could you get Pip and look after her please.” She requested before turning back to Dagda. “He won’t listen.” She stated bluntly. Without a pause she reared onto her back legs, before head butting Dagda’s shoulder. Her weight and the force of the head butt knocked him onto his side. He rolled down the slope and slid to a stop by Rondun’s feet. Instantly he began struggling to stand up again, before he could roll onto his side Alkyone slammed her paws on to the sand either side of his head and jabbed her head down, so her nose was inches from his.

“Stop. Digging.” She ordered bluntly. “You’re only making it worse. If you’re not careful you’ll bring the cliff down again.” She said, as though telling off a child.

Dagda stared up at her, breathing harsh and uneven. “She could be under there.” He said, not daring to try and move. “She could be crushed.” He said, pleading with his eyes. Alkyone sighed quietly, her head dropping. He was probably right...

There was a yell from the side of the rubble. “I can hear something!” Came Pipistella’s excited voice. Alkyone and Dagda looked up at the call. There was the sound of more scrabbling. Before Pipistella came hurtling around the rubble and push at Dagda shoulder. “I can hear voices arguing!” She urged, shoving at his shoulder a couple of times.

-------------------------------

"Iapto, Iapto--dammit, CALM DOWN! Calm down!" Echo ordered, grapping her arm.

She struggled against him. One arm pinned and one arm being held onto. She did NOT like that. “Get off!” She snapped, inhaling with a hiss. “I’ll think about calming down once this ROCK is OFF my arm!” She yelled, struggling against Echo’s grip. She kicked at the ground, her heels scrapping across the floor, like she could kick the rock away or something.

‘I’m going to die down here...’ She thought franticly, tears starting to well up in her eyes. She rapidly blinked them away, determined not to let Echo know she was about to cry.

((Alk totally rugby tackled him XD))
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Coast Morning   Coast Morning - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:05 pm

((Hey peeps, Morgs gonna be away until next saturday at the least. she might be able to get online but posting will be so-so. So just keep posting and she'll have to flail around when she gets back c: ))
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

PostSubject: Re: Coast Morning   Coast Morning - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:22 pm

((I'll post now, LESS FLAIL TIEM YAY))
Mel veered toward Deston once Uri pointed him out, then, crouching, tilted to the side so Uri could safely slide off before looking at Farai right next to her, Dagda stopping his digging and Pip stubbornly saying she heard something.

Farai, however, just sat silently. She just sat pale- her sister could be dead. Forever. You can't undo death... What would she tell ma? she thought she'd lost her once...

Mel looked from Farai to Dag, then stood, "If we ever want these two to stop being mopey, we need to do something." she sighed and looked at the mounds of rock, feeling guilty about jumping from the top... 'Did I loosen the rock?' she fretted, but internally shook herself- worry later. "Dagda is the only earth shinlai here, yes?" she said, looking around, "Then we've got to move rock manually..." she sighed, then looked to Pip, "Where did you hear the arguing?" she asked, maybe they could try to dig toward the arguing and get to them before they loose all their air... Then, she looked at the Elite, "By the way, hello, Rondun. I have been forbidden to screech- you can thank Alk." looking to the human and to the gold dog, she asked, "She's yours, yes? Farai here has a dog like her... 'cept he's a tad bigger." she rambled- she was trying not to panic. Distractions worked to a degree, she supposed...

((But yes, Rose is right- I'll be on when I can... I can only really see this part of my family once a year. >>))
Back to top Go down
http://issamorg.deviantart.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Coast Morning   Coast Morning - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 8:49 am

Deston watched the whole scene unravel. Everyone seemed to panic. Uri quickly joined Deston's side, raising a hand to the blue lai's arm as if he were clinging for support. Deston crouched and let the boy sit safely on his back. No way would he let him out of sight. "We should make sure everything is structurally sound before digging." Uri commented to Deston and whoever else was hearing. "Agreed." The blue lai replied.

-----------------//----------------------

“Get off! I’ll think about calming down once this ROCK is OFF my arm!” She continued to thrash. God dammit, the woman would end up worse if she didn't stop with the thrashing and the violent movement. "Can you STOP?!" He gripped her wrist firmly, to where it actually hurt a little, he was sure. Echo had no intention of letting go until she did in fact, stop. "You're going to injure yourself more than you already are! Now calm the hell down before I knock you out again." He said in all seriousness. He ran his free hand against Iapto's arm until his fingers touched the rock that seemed to pin her down. Letting go of the woman's wrist, he reached out to place a hand against the cave's wall, as the other kept on the rock, trying to get a feel on how the thing was positioned and if there were other rocks over it. "I...I might be able to move it." He said and scoot over in the darkness. Damn light would come in handy right now. "It's gonna hurt like an s.o.b. tough."

(....I hate we can't cuss in this thing pnp i wasn't going to heavily swear.
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Coast Morning   Coast Morning - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 10:32 pm

Rondun took a step back as Alkyone’s blow to the shoulder sent Dagda toppling to the ground and rolling to the Elite’s feet. He gave a concerned look at Alk’s rough attempt to persuade her mate to calm down before Pipistella’s high pitched squealing caught his attention.

“I can hear something! I can hear voices arguing!” the small pup exclaimed exuberantly, bounding out of her spot by the rockslide and nudging her father in the shoulder.

"If we ever want these two to stop being mopey, we need to do something." The Balanced Shinlai, “Mel was it?” urged from her place nearby.

Rondun looked her way and eyed her with interest, “And what would you propose?” he asked levelly.

The female eyed the cliff wall with a thoughtful air before turning to the group, "Dagda is the only earth shinlai here, yes?” she asked eyeing everyone, “Then we've got to move rock manually..." She sighed and turned to Pipistella, "Where did you hear the arguing?" she asked before suddenly perking and looking over to Rondun, "By the way, hello, Rondun. I have been forbidden to screech- you can thank Alk,” she said, turning once more to eye Nate and Ahka she added, "She's yours, yes? Farai here has a dog like her... 'cept he's a tad bigger."

Nathan smiled politely and Rondun gave a sardonic smirk. The Elite smiled and inclined his head, “While this is all very informative, Mel,” he began, “Perhaps it would be best to focus on the situation at hand?” his smile turned to a grin and he nodded to the rock pile, “I can sense their locations in the shadows of the rock,” a look of worry broke through in his expression as he locked eyes with Dagda, “The pup has told you well, they are moving, Dag, and very much alive.”

Blinking, Rondun looked back to Mel before continuing, “Give me a chance to better examine this,” he gestured with an upturned claw at the rubble, “And I will be able to help you to locate the best place to start digging.”
Back to top Go down
http://oddosprey.deviantart.com/
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Coast Morning   Coast Morning - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:44 pm

"You're going to injure yourself more than you already are! Now calm the hell down before I knock you out again." Echo said, his grip on her wrist tightening.

Iapto hissed and arched her back. “Don’t, you, dare.” She managed to say through gritted teeth.

"I...I might be able to move it. It's gonna hurt like an s.o.b. tough." He said, feeling along her arm for the rock, then reaching for the wall.

Iapto could sense him moving, more than see or hear him. A quiet sob escaped her, and she clapped a hand over her mouth in an attempt to hide it. “Just do it.” She said sharply. She turned her head away and gritted her teeth.

-------------------------------------------

Alkyone moved off from Dagda, letting him roll upright, head low and shoulders hunched. He could hear everyone talking, Mel rambling to herself, Farai sat silently, Uri and Deston giving suggestions, and Rondun scrutinising the rubble.

“Give me a chance to better examine this, and I will be able to help you to locate the best place to start digging.” Rondun said.

“The top.” Dagda said quietly. Pipistella looking up at him and pressing herself against his front leg. He smiled weakly at her. “The top. Start digging there, work your way down, try to clear some of the smaller stuff before working on the big rocks.” He said, looking up at the rock slide.

Alkyone watched him closely. He was worrying her, a strange calm blankness had taken over him. She glanced to Farai. At least he wasn’t frozen in shock... She looked to Deston and paused. There was a female stood with him that she didn’t recognise. “My apologise, but who are you?” She asked eyeing the female.
Back to top Go down
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

PostSubject: Re: Coast Morning   Coast Morning - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Rowan hung back, watching as the aShinlai seemed to be working out a plan. A sudden thought popped into her head, and she spun around, searching the beach with her eyes.
"Where are Kiva and Ida?!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

Breeze flinched back when the fluffy purple Shinlai tackled Dagda, sending him rolling down the face of the rockslide and landing near a huge Shinlai she hadn't noticed before.

She picked up snippets of the conversation between him and a light blue Lai with a bent tail "By the way, hello, Rondun. I have been forbidden to screech- you can thank Alk,” She froze, Rondun?! This is the Rondun Ty is so determind to join against the darkbloods... he's huge. She stared at the Elite, awed. She'd always thought people exagerated his hight.
She was staring so intently at the huge lai, that she was startled when the purple female addressed her.
“My apologise, but who are you?”
"Oh, I...... I'm Breeze Aradalii." She aswered, flustered.
Back to top Go down
http://sylveira.deviantart.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Coast Morning   Coast Morning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:26 pm

At least she had calmed down...a little. Echo wedged himself between the rock and the wall, back placed firmly against it in order to push the rock forward with his feet. It was rather uncomfortable, but honestly, now was far from a good time to complain. "You might have to--pull out your arm i don't know how heavy this thing is." He took a few breaths and pushed the rock forward, more in a lift than a push really, his back pressing against the wall to use all available impulse. "Ahg--" He grunt "Ok, I can't--" he pant "Now! Hurry up--Nhg--" he felt his legs shake under the rock's weight, hopefully that would be enough to get the girl's arm out from under it.

--------------------//--------------------

Deston hadn't even given attention to the Elite's presence. He took the time to eye the massive red lai with pure fascination at his size. So, the rumors were true, a king amongst shinlai. But he could ask questions later, it wasn't the time nor place right now.

“The top. The top. Start digging there, work your way down, try to clear some of the smaller stuff before working on the big rocks.” Dagda spoke, it was good that he managed to snap out of the instinctual drive to get his child out of there and pause to think.

"Oh, I...... I'm Breeze Aradalii." The stranger replied. Breeze hm? What an appropriate name for an air shinlai. Deston mused in his head before Rowan shout out something about a Kiva and an Ida. Deston rose a brow "The felines? back at the beach?" he turned his head in the beach's direction "I'm sure they are fine, but in any case. " he turned to Uri "Uri, go to the beach and look over the cats." he looked up at Alkyone "Would you like him to watch the pup as well?"
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Coast Morning   Coast Morning - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 5:21 pm

"You might have to--pull out your arm I don't know how heavy this thing is.” He said, shifting round, she felt his feet press against the rock. Before shoving at it. "Ahg--Ok, I can't--Now! Hurry up--Nhg--" Echo grunted, shoving at the rock.

Iapto felt the rock lift and the blood rush back to her hand, it hadn’t lifted much though, and it would still hurt like hell. With a loud war cry like yell, Iapto wrenched her arm free. The yell turned into a cry and she tucked her arm up to her chest and scrambled away from the rock, smacking into the wall on the other side of the cave. She curled up as small as she could, cradling her broken arm, feeling the damp touch of blood on her hand, the rock must have cut it up. Sobs racked her, making her shake as she cried freely.

------------------------------

"Oh, I...... I'm Breeze Aradalii." The tan female said slightly taken aback.

Alkyone nodded at her. “I’m Alkyone, this is Dagda, Pipistella and Mel. You seem to have, uh, met Deston, and I presume you recognise Rondun the way you’re eyeing him.” She said giving hasty introductions. Dagda mumbled a hello, but continued staring at the rock pile.

She looked to Deston. “That would be great, I don’t want her too near to this.” She replied, shunting Pip towards Uri and Deston with a paw. Pipistella gave Breeze a small wave, before chasing after Rowan and Uri with a loud chirp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coast Morning   Coast Morning - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coast Morning
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4