Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

The Town With No Name

Go down 
+5
Forrgotenrose
KirivaniRiguya
Mo
Selousi
Toadfoal
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

The Town With No Name - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:21 am

Tom watched the shinlai approach and stiffened when it barred its teeth at him. But he was too stubborn to move, and was about to reach for his sword. Up close the shinlai was even more intimidating, towering above him even as he stood on the rock with a fierce toothy mask to match. Surely if she chose to attack he would be dead in a matter of moments, no weapon he could carry would be enough to kill an animal like this. Still, he hoped that if it did come to that he could give her a painful wound to remember him by. Or at least grin, Tom just didn't want anyone to have the satisfaction of knowing that he had died in fear. He refused to fear death.
But she spoke and for the moment he decided to take her word. Of course, it could always be a trick, but that would make things more fun, right?

"Wait, really? And I took you for a Darkblood!" He laughed, still not sure if that was true or not. "I guess you're right, this isn't exactly where I had expected to find anyone either. It sounded like something happened a little while ago, I haven't had a chance to find out what it was myself. But I plan to." He was subconsciously aware that the other nearby humans (as far as he knew) were women, which undoubtedly made him more curious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toadfoal.deviantart.com
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:56 am

Selo saw the new shinlai and cringed, it was getting a tad claustrophobic for her. She backed up and stepped in the river a bit but recoiled at the cold of the rushing water.

"I think I should go." Selo said.
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:02 am

Dagda watched as the mute scratched into the dirt. ‘My name is Crya’ It read.

“Crya.” He said, rolling the name around. “Nice to meet you Crya, you don’t need to be scared of me, I might be big but I’m friendly I promise, I’m sorry if I startled you.” He said with a chuckle.

"Um... I'm Selousi, sorry for any sort of trouble that I caused earlier..." The earth female said nervously. "Um... So what are you all doing here? I was just trying to find a quiet place to lie down..."

Dagda looked over at her again. “I’m a healer, I travel from place to place, helping Shinlai and human alike.” He said with a smile.

"I think I should go." She said looking around nervously. Dagda tilted his head to one side, slightly confused. He glanced around, seeing the huge female again, currently talking to a human male stood atop a rock, and the male approaching them.

“Ahaloh?” Dagda asked, rolling to sit up. “Haven’t seen you in a while.” She said with a smile. His smile faltered slightly looking at the human female walking with him. “ And who might you be?” He asked.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:08 am

(Sorry for my horrible roleplaying and nervous wreck here, I'm used to writing without much speech.)

Selo sat down, now feeling less cramped now that Dagda had moved away. She also figured that her brother would find her soon, and that might not be that good for the other shinlai here if he decided to be over protective of her. She turned towards the river. It was too quick and too wide here to cross, she would have to travel downstream.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:28 am

(You guys lost me a little. xD)

"Dagda! Thank heavens!" Quickly, Ruan scrambled to her feet to hide herself in some of Dagda's floof. The little clearing, moments ago wide and empty was now rapidly filling up with Shinlai and humans. From within her cocoon she glared at them, her eyes resting on Selousi for a second before focusing on Tom. The whitehaired moron clearly was amusing himself. Annoyed, Ruan stuck out her arm at him.

"Clothes, please."

While she waited for the moron to respond, she dried herself with Dagda's fur. Luckily enough he actually kept it clean.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:31 am

((I believe Dagda just got a half naked woman to cuddle him +1 to Dagda!))
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:34 am

Forrgotenrose wrote:
((I believe Dagda just got a half naked woman to cuddle him +1 to Dagda!))

(Hell yeah. x3)
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:39 am

(uhhh, I need to have Selo exit because I'm going to do a private roleplay with my friend haha ;x;

Unless there's a mask making shinlai here hehe. Can shinlai even make their own masks? I mean... no thumbs. I mean maybe an earth lai coudl do it with a ROCK or something LOL. or just kind of use wood.))

Selo continued down the river bank, she glanced behind her for a moment and noticed that the human glared at her for a sparse moment. She quickly turned back, feeling a feverish wave flow over her. She stepped into a shallower part of the river and leaped across the river, her back feet landing in a splash.

She looked once behind her and then ran off.

Last edited by Selousi on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:51 am

"What?" Tom turned around to see a girl, one of the ones from a moment ago, partially hidden in the male shinlai's fur. It was hard to tell entirely what she looked like, since she had pretty well wrapped herself up in Dagda's fur. But it was enough to tell that Ruan had what he called 'exotic' looks. She seemed annoyed at him, although he wasn't entirely sure why. Still, she did just ask him for clothes.... And beautiful girls asking for clothes wasn't something that happened every day.

His smile returned, "I wasn't aware that I had your clothes. I only know of the ones I am wearing. Of course, if you wish, I would be more than happy to give them to you."
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:58 am

"I wasn't aware that I had your clothes. I only know of the ones I am wearing. Of course, if you wish, I would be more than happy to give them to you."

Resisting the urge to smack the arrogant prick on the head (for then she would have to leave Dagda's comfortable and concealing fur) she rolled her eyes. "No mister moron. The ones under the rock you are currently standing on." She let ou a short, amused snort. "I couldn't care less for your clothes."

While he was busy processing her demand, she curiously took in his appearance. Since she had been hidden in bush and then with her face in the dirt, she hadn't gotten a good look. His clothes looked a little worn, but well made. More important, he seemed to have a nice and full pocket of gold.
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:26 pm

"Alas! And that's Captain Moron to you."
Tom stepped down off the rock and reached down to find the clothes under the rock. He considered that something more dangerous might be hidden there, but it turned out to be just what she said. He held them for a moment while he brushed the dirt off the elbows of his white sleeves, then turned back, making no move to actually give them to her.

Instead he studied the outfit for a moment. He had seen clothes like these before! It looked like something a preformer might wear, or a gypsy. "Well Miss Killjoy, I have accomplished your task, now what are you going to give me in return? Your name perhaps? Or what it is you do for a living?"
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:33 pm

Dagda listened to the short exchange, rather unimpressed at how the man was speaking to Ruan, when he shook the clothes out but made no move to give them her, he frowned. With a swift move, he swung a paw around, hooking the clothes and removing them from his grasp.

“A true gentleman, wouldn’t delay in giving a lady her clothes.” Dagda said curtly, eyeing the man with a disapproving stare. He shifted onto his side, puffing himself up, so Ruan could change behind him without prying eyes.
Back to top Go down
KirivaniRiguya
Pup
KirivaniRiguya

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Cyra tiptoed over to a nearby rock and stretched, then layed down and closed her eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://kirissecretbedroom.tumblr.com/
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 2:22 pm

Ahaloh stayed a few paces back, the space was small and the amount of activity that was occurring was a bit over bearing when you were tired. Alessa on the other hand strode confidently into the mix, stopping when she was addressed by Dagda and looked up at him. "I am Alessa Valkra. A friends of Hallows. May I ask your acquaintance as well?" The tall woman knew it was always best to be on the better side of shinlai, even though she was an experienced fighter, a fight with a shinlai wouldn't last long, and was never in the humans favor.

Ahaloh grinned sheepishly "Hello Dagda, it really has been a while." his voice carried easily and stopped to see a very pretty green shinlai begin to slink away almost in fear. He frowned a bit, feeling like he was the one who had scared her off.
Back to top Go down
http://distortedgirl66.deviantart.com
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Having a rather impressive Shinlai as your friend turned out to have more and more pleasant sides. Ruan couldn't help but grin at Tom widely before hiding behind Dagda and swiftly slipping into her clothes. Carefully she checked all the hidden pockets and knives for holes or scrathches. After all, those made a fair amount of her tricks possible. Finally relieved from her embarassing situation she gave Dagda a thankful hug, before making herself comfortable on his side.

"Thanks Dagda. One can easily see who is the true gentleman here." Ruan said, eying Tom from the side. "Where is your ship, captain"
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 6:04 pm

"Aye!" Tom jumped back as Dagda grabbed the clothes and held up his hands in surrender. He had to admit though that the shinlai was right, he had been treating Ruan the same way he might treat another man... Not so smooth. Of course, he could continue the act and be even more of a jerk, but it really wasn't worth it.
"Alright, it's true, that was crossing the line."

He watched as Ruan reappeared with her clothes on. Tom decided to ignore her comment about gentlemen, since there were no good responces for that he could think of. But at least she used his title, even if it wasn't meant in a respectful way, it gave him reason to smile cheerfully, "My ship? She's a ways away, this is about as close as I get to an inland vacation... Perhaps an appology is in order for my previous behavior. While I'm here, is there any way I can make it up to you?" He offered.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 6:13 pm

"I am Alessa Valkra. A friends of Hallows. May I ask your acquaintance as well?" The woman said.

Dagda nodded his head, dipping low enough to drop below her height briefly. “Dagda Van Der Aart. Travelling healer.” He said, briefly pressing his nose to Ruan’s shoulder, on way of returning the hug.

"Thanks Dagda. One can easily see who is the true gentleman here." Ruan said. "Where is your ship, captain" She asked, eyeing the man.

"My ship? She's a ways away, this is about as close as I get to an inland vacation... Perhaps an appology is in order for my previous behavior. While I'm here, is there any way I can make it up to you?" He offered.

Dagda gave a soft snort and looked away from him. However his attention was caught by the tall Shinlai who had spoken to Tom. He titled his head to one side, inspecting the mask and horns. “Hey.” He said quietly. “What’s your name?” He asked.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:46 am

"I am Alessa Valkra. A friends of Hallows. May I ask your acquaintance as well?"

Ruan's attention was caught, and she briefly turned her head to Alessa to politely answer the question. "My name is Ruan Tu. I perform." she said, smiling sheepishly at how incredibly cheesy that sounded. However, there were now more important matters. Or actually just one: a "captain". Once more she inspected his clothes. He didn't look one bit like a captain. More like a moron, she thought, grinning to herself.

"My ship? She's a ways away, this is about as close as I get to an inland vacation... Perhaps an appology is in order for my previous behavior. While I'm here, is there any way I can make it up to you?"

That made her thaw a little. "Oh well, fine. I will think of something."
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:37 am

((I'm out today but I'll be back later this evening DONT LOSE MEEE! Yes that was copy+pasted))
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Ah, so she was a preformer! And Dagda a traveling healer, how interesting. It seemed that Dagda was not so fond of him, he couldn't really blame the shinlai, even if he found the whole thing amusing. Everyone had their reasons for feeling the way they did, Tom just had a hard time adjusting to suit the expectations of others. Either that or he didn't think it was important enough to really try.
Tom looked from them to Alessa and Hollow curiously, a bit envyously in fact. He had yet to gain a shinlai's trust, he'd been able to get them to do things for him before, but it wasn't a 'friends' deal, just business. Most things in life were just business, even his best friend had not been so willing at first. However, he was pleasantly surprised to hear Ruan take up his offer.

"Good! Then I look forward to... whatever it is you think of. Nothing too painful I should hope."
Back to top Go down
Jeep-the-dragon
Friend of Silas
Jeep-the-dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:54 pm

((I'm little rusty DX forgive me! also this is my new Shinlai Eldon... well he's not that old. A bout a year but I haven't really done anything to him yet. lol I will now though.))

Far off town. A tall male Shinlai with brownish white fur and weeping tail dragging on the cold dirt. He is vary tired and Looking for a place to stay. Eldon is his name, a Shinlai of Earth. He has been trying to find his loving family, His mate, Siren for many years since his disappearance. For now he has no mask. Nothing to hid his face, his vary scared up face. He try's to find someone to make him a new mask but so fare no one will do it. So he just travels with out one, ignoring all others who criticize him.

As he walks Eldon stops at the end of town. 'What is this place.' He thought. Eldon sniffs the air and he can smell humans ans shinlai around but he don't even see any at the moment. He starts walking in. "Hello! anybody here?" Eldon calls out. "Hello?" He walks farther into the town stepping on the cold stones and walking around the buildings. He stops in middle of town and sits. He yawns as he make a little growl, then he licks his face and his dailan, clearing some inch in his snout. "I wounder where every body it? Its kind of quiet here." He said wile looking around. "Maybe I should call out one more time... Hello! Anybody here!"
Back to top Go down
Nyliir
Friend of Hekili
Nyliir

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:46 am

(argh, sorry sorry sorry, my internet was cut off without warning the other night, and I haven't been able to get onto the forums *weeps*)

"Wait, really? And I took you for a Darkblood!" He laughed, still not sure if that was true or not. "I guess you're right, this isn't exactly where I had expected to find anyone either. It sounded like something happened a little while ago, I haven't had a chance to find out what it was myself. But I plan to."

Rhan was about to correct him, for she was indeed a Darkblood, but a quick glance around the group suggested that, for now, it was a good idea to keep this hidden. Insted she nodded silently, figeting slightly with the end of her tail. He turned to the female human who had begun to address him, and Rhan rolled her eyes as the two began to bicker.
She remained silent, observing the many new faces around her. Faces that she did not recognise at all. I really need to get out more, she thought to herself, as a smaller female Shinlai glanced at her fearfully and disappered into the woods.

“Hey. What’s your name?”

Rhans head snapped quickly to the direction of the voice, her fur bristling out of shock for she had been caught unawares. Two pairs of bright blue eyes were fixed on her. Sizing the male up, she yawned widely, displaying her impressive set of teeth. The male was big, but she was bigger, and she wasn't going to let him intimidate her.
"You may call me Rhan", she announced, glaring down at the male. "And you are. . . ?"
Back to top Go down
http://nyface.deviantart.com
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:43 am

(It's okay <3)

"Good! Then I look forward to... whatever it is you think of. Nothing too painful I should hope."

The guy was a moron, but a likable one, Ruan decided. A devious smirk crept over her face and she wriggled her eyebrows. "You may sell me your souuuullll." she said in a low, gravelly voice, before bursting into a genuine laughter. "Just sign here."

At that moment, her attention was caught by an impressive amount of teeth, appearing not too far from Dagda's head. The teeth belonged to a fairly (alright, very) tall female shinlai. Who didn't seem too friendly...

"You may call me Rhan. And you are...?"

Definetely not friendly. Odd that she hadn't noticed her before, Ruan thought.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:09 pm

As the females head snapped around Dagda raised an eyebrow. A touch jumpy... "You may call me Rhan, and you are..?" She said after yawning to show her teeth.

“Dagda Van Der Aart. And no need to flash teeth.” He said, bobbing his head politely, but smiling widely to show his teeth back. “I was merely wondering who you were, not eyeing you for weaknesses.” He said calmly.

He watched her for a moment longer, just to reinforce the fact he wasn’t going to be scared off by her flashy mask and display of teeth, before switching his gaze to the human male, talking with Ruan. He lent slightly closer and sniffed at him. He caught a familiar scent, hidden behind the smell of ocean and scent of ship wood. Blood?

“Are you hurt?” Dagda asked, leaning away slightly, his brow furrowed slightly in concern. "Let me see."
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:20 pm

Ruan rolled her eyes as Rhan and Dagda were holding a stare down, not aware that Rhan had looked at her and Tom with the exact same expression. She had to admit that Rhan's mask was failry impressive, though. Subconsciously she leaned closer, trying to find out what it was made of. She was so caught up in it that she nearly fell of when Dagda suddenly went and sniffed at Tom.

"Hey you big floofball! I'm still up here!" she said teasingly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Town With No Name   The Town With No Name - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Town With No Name
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next